PDA

View Full Version : Info: One Less Moderator/Admin

bronzino
02-21-2010, 01:39 PM
I told Mary and the mods last week that I am going to resign from my position as administrator and moderator of Blab. When I first started moderating here, I was sort of on a hiatus from the showing and collecting aspects of the hobby. I'm off that hiatus now (2 shows this year already!), so I want to pare down my responsibilities here.

I'm leaving my post with Blab in fine fettle, I think. This is, IMO, the best online model horse community there is. And much of that is due to Mary, Tina, Kirsten, and Ramie's efforts, the efforts of youth mods, our mentors, and certainly the moderators who preceded me, as well as Heather herself. All of them languished hundreds of hours here, trying to make this an entertaining, peaceful, and comprehensive place to visit. I think it shows. :)

And of course, I don't want to forget the contribution of you guys, our members. I am thankful to Mary for giving me the opportunity to work with all of you here. I regard all of you - whether you know it or not - as cherished acquaintances and many, if not most, as friends. When I login here, it *is* like dialing up family. The helpfulness, the chattyness, the expansive knowledge many of you have, the wit, the enthusiasm - even the occasional curmudgeonly comment is appreciated and enjoyed.

And naturally, I plan to continue to enjoy it. I'm not leaving Blab.

Some of you will only know me from having contact with me as a moderator, and for some of you, it will only have been because I moved your threads, infracted you, or had some other interaction that from your POV was less than pleasant. I would like you to know that I did not take any of those interactions personally, I hope you won't, either.

Some of my contributions to Blab will have been somewhat invisible. I help members behind the scenes with login and technical problems, make changes to our administrative area based on member feedback, etc. Unless or until Mary replaces me, she will not have help with those things, including the forthcoming upgrade, so please exercise patience and help her, when you can.

Thank you for tolerating me for three years, chiquitas. :hugg

E

Stitch
02-21-2010, 02:02 PM
crap, my tech buddy is leaving me :( Well at least you are not leaving Blab that is :)

Mary
02-21-2010, 02:17 PM
Many thanks to Liz for all she has done for Blab! :roses :clap Initially I had to talk her into joining the mod team as an advisor, as she wasn't sure she had time for more. Fortunately for Blab she became interested in all aspects of Blab and saw many opportunities to help out. I did not have nearly enough time to do everything that needed to be done administratively, but Liz was able to help tidy up and organize many administrative aspects of Blab. In addition she took on moderating leadership and has been instrumental in helping further develop moderating philosophy and keeping us consistent. She designed Blab's new "front page (http://www.modelhorseblab.com/)" that most of you don't see, but most non-member visitors do. And the photo shows, assistance to so many members ... too many things to enumerate. Blab is most definitely a better place thanks to Liz!! :one

There's only one Liz, she can't be replaced. :grin But anyway, not planning to add another mod at this time. We have the active mods that Liz mentioned that have also done so much for Blab. And I've had major changes in my life that allow more time for Blab. We'll try to keep Blab to as few mods as we can get by with.

Thanks so much Liz!
We'll enjoy having you on Blab as a 'regular member'!
:cheer :yaymiller :party :clap :roses

camaro88lover
02-21-2010, 02:23 PM
Glad to have ya Liz!

WileyT
02-21-2010, 02:40 PM
I'm glad to hear you aren't leaving Blab, Liz! :hugg

Roseridge
02-21-2010, 02:42 PM
Thanks so much for your great service to our community, Liz! See you around Blab and elsewhere!

flutterby
02-21-2010, 03:38 PM
Sorry to hear that Liz. You have always been more than helpful to me & I'm most certain to others. Your input has always been most invaluable. Glad you aren't leaving Blab & will still be hanging around. :) :hugg

Eowin
02-21-2010, 04:59 PM
Thank you Liz, for all the work you have done. You have been a FANTASTIC mod! I hate to see you leave in that capacity but I'm glad you will still be here on Blab and we will continue you reap the benefits of your sage advice and lively debating skills.

Even when we disagreed on certain points, I've always enjoyed your input and I'm very glad you will still be here to continue that. I'll miss you as a moderator because I think you did very, very well in the position. But I'm also glad to hear you are doing more hobby-wise.

You go girl! :rocker

Paintgurl07
02-21-2010, 05:00 PM
Have fun on your hiatus and so glad to hear you will still be here on blab!!

bainbridge
02-21-2010, 05:07 PM
Well in the words of the great Divine "good riddance to bad rubbish" :D Just kidding of course as this makes me hopeful now Eliz will have more time to head up north and shack up with me now and then, like in the old days. Goodie Goodie! But like everyone has said, we're glad you're still here, just in a less demanding way. :) tom

Whinnie
02-21-2010, 05:11 PM
Glad to hear your staying here on blab at least! And now maybe you can enjoy it a little more, relax :) I doubt too many have taken your mod movements as personal. I know I have had many threads moved :lol Doesn't bother me one bit. We will miss you as a mod, as Karrie stated, you have been an awesome mod!

Eowin
02-21-2010, 05:12 PM
Well in the words of the great Divine "good riddance to bad rubbish" :D Just kidding of course as this makes me hopeful now Eliz will have more time to head up north and shack up with me now and then, like in the old days. Goodie Goodie! But like everyone has said, we're glad you're still here, just in a less demanding way. :) tom

GEEZ Tom! Don't leave me an opening like that...I'll drive a truck through it!

:laff

Karrie...who is working really hard to restrain herself right now. :guffaw

timberwolf
02-21-2010, 05:32 PM
Phew! For a second I thought Liz was leaving BLAB. Glad you'll still be here.

Jujube12
02-21-2010, 06:27 PM
Awww, you're such a GOOD mod, Liz! But it sounds like you're going to get into a lot more showing around here, which is awesome! You'll have a great time! Thanks for all you've done on Blab and I'm glad we'll still see you around here!

--Julie

DraytonWoods
02-21-2010, 08:43 PM
Yay, more Liz at more shows! Thanks for being a mod all this time, and super glad you are going to still be on blab, chica. :)

texxdog
02-21-2010, 08:53 PM
Thank you for all you have done. :hugehug

Landshark
02-21-2010, 09:12 PM
Thanks so much for your great service to our community, Liz! See you around Blab and elsewhere!

:yeahthat

Glad you'll still be here!

Godolphin
02-22-2010, 08:20 AM
Thank you for all you have done. :hugehug

:agreed So pleased you're not leaving Blab Liz, thanks for all your help in the past and looking forward to hearing about your showing experiences in the future.

bjorgo
02-22-2010, 09:02 AM
Wow... time to show? You'll have to explain to me how one makes time in life to get out and show! ;-) Thanks so much for your cheerful moderating- you've done a SUPERB job of keeping us all in line. See you 'round the shows, lady!

Melly
02-22-2010, 10:15 AM
I can't wait to compete with you at shows! I hope I get to see your collection at least once and really soon.

Thank you for all your help here, especially the wonderful photo shows; you are leaving some big boots to fill.

Yeah, yeah, I DID just call your feet big. Ya wanna make somethin' of it?!

lonesome_glory_2007
02-24-2010, 04:41 PM
Thank you for all you've done for us, Liz. So glad to hear you're not leaving us!

MBPearls
02-24-2010, 04:44 PM
I always love our discussions in the various threads, Liz. I'm so glad to hear those will continue to happen!

Thanks for all the great work as a mod over the years! :hugg

muggyscugglemeyer
02-24-2010, 06:00 PM
Although my dreams of a virtual spanking from you have now crumbled to dust, I am glad to see that you and your wit are staying here on Blab.

Cheers, Liz :toast

bronzino
02-24-2010, 10:55 PM
Oh it will be so much easier to goad me into something now, Muggy. I don't feel the same sense of restraint I once did. :whip

Thank you all for your lovely notes (in rep too)! I actually wasn't expecting such a nice send-off - I was posting so that people would know not to use me as a main contact anymore, and to avoid the any goofy inferences that there might be drama behind my status change.

I did consider making up some drama just for entertainment purposes. E.g., that Mary is my lover and I've sued her for divorce. Or that Kirsten hauled off and punched me in the nose at a show, because I made fun of the Five-Gaiter. Or that Tina and I had a falling out over what is the best flavor of Faygo (I like Red Pop but many prefer Rock N Rye).

But I didn't think you guys would buy it.