PDA

View Full Version : Will Paint Your Khemosabi for free...

allykatd
03-09-2005, 10:24 PM
Yes... it's crazy and no I'm not kidding. I really really want to paint a Sarah Rose Khemo, don't want to own one, just like to paint. I want to paint one bad enough, I'll do it free of charge you just pay postage.

A quick rundown to the point: I paint in oils. Carol Williams taught me so my style is similar although I have my own 'look'. And if you're into showing, my work more than holds it own in the open live show arena no matter what's on the table. In fact, there are many BNP that I outplace on a very regular basis.

That's all I will say. If you're interested, contact me. I may consider other Rose horses other than the minis and Independence (all of which I have).

-Allie

pegasus4240
03-09-2005, 10:40 PM
Hi Allie

I just emailed you.

Angie

Dr. Bork Bork
03-10-2005, 01:01 AM
not to cash in on Allie or anything, but just wanted to put in a blurb for my studio. I do free paint jobs, as well. Just getting the place off the ground, but I'm feeling confident in what I'm currently turning out. :)

rainworks
03-10-2005, 01:08 AM
you should have started your own thread

Dr. Bork Bork
03-10-2005, 01:18 AM
I have my own thread :neener

unfortunately it's in my head & goes in one ear and out the other-- it's sewn my brain in place so it doesn't fall out when I sneeze.

allykatd
03-10-2005, 10:14 AM
The free paint job is taken! :) I'm going to paint Angie's Khemosabi. I have to say, Angie, your email was a crackup. She was like "For free? Are you sure?" :haha It is true you have to be suspect of someone giving away something like this. I'm sure she was thinking, "this woman's work must suck!" :D

Usually, a solid color on a traditional sized horse starts around $200.00, although a few people have told me I'm way way too cheap. One very nice admirer said I should start at $300.00.

But, what the hay... :grin

-Allie

Griffin
03-10-2005, 12:05 PM
you should have started your own threadAgreed!

~~Griffin~~

Dr. Bork Bork
03-10-2005, 12:22 PM
yeah, that's the most frequently asked question I get (even though I state it continuously throughout my site). It's really funny, but it is a good marketing tool to get one's name out there. I'm not in it for the money, I just do it b/c I love to. :)

Roseridge
03-10-2005, 03:44 PM
Hey, Allie!

After yer done with that Khemo, let me know if you'd like to paint something for me!

I'd even pay you for it!

:hello

allykatd
03-10-2005, 03:53 PM
Hey, Allie!

After yer done with that Khemo, let me know if you'd like to paint something for me!

I'd even pay you for it!

:hello

:haha I'm just certain people think I'm insane, or a terrible terrible painter that I have to offer free paint jobs. :haha

So Kate, let me know what you have. :grin There are definitely more than a few resins out there that I find too tempting to resist.

-Allie

Heather
03-10-2005, 04:22 PM
:uh Allie, do you do minis? If yes, what do you charge? Do you have a website? I recognize your name as one who's been in the hobby for a long time! I :adore oil paintjobs.

pegasus4240
03-10-2005, 04:24 PM
No Allie! Didn't and don't think you're insane. I just wanted to make sure I was reading it right and was wondering how in the world I got to you first! Rarely, am I so lucky in this wonderful hobby of ours..;O)

Later,
Angie