PDA

View Full Version : Chat time??

samantha k.
07-24-2004, 03:44 PM
I was thinkin maybe a couple or a few times a week we could have set chat times a couple times for that day?? yea??..maybe?

ryllina
07-24-2004, 04:06 PM
Feel free to set something up!

samantha k.
07-24-2004, 04:36 PM
Hm, i'm tryin to think what time most ppl seem to come to the forums at.... I'll have to make a note of it and then I'll figure somethin out from there! :thumbsup

Arabesque
07-25-2004, 06:27 PM
Chat time seems like a good idea to me, as I remember the chat wasn't put to a whole lot use in the last forum set-up (from what I know)--being one of those who used to use it almost daily.

There were a small group of us who used to meet up in the evenings and chatted late (though everyone's eveing hours are set differently)--though it was never a planned thing--someone would just jump in and wait for another person to come along and then before we knew it there were a few of us in there. After awhile it became a nightly thing--it sure was fun!

I think a large reason behind why chat isn't put to as much use is people forget to check for others already logged in there or forget about it completely--it's easy to do, I do it all the time. But something I do from time to time is just log onto chat while I'm catching up on the message forums (even if I end up being the only one in there the entire time--another thing some of the members seem to forget is that it takes at least one person to get the thing started :lol) and keep checking back to it to see if anybody else catches on.

ryllina
07-25-2004, 06:43 PM
Yeah, we used to chat almost every day... it kind of tapered off though. I logged in once or twice over the past few months, but it has been awhile since I've seen anyone else in there.

Griffin
07-25-2004, 07:23 PM
I only went into chat once, when I first started posting. After that, I rarely ever saw anyone in there. :sad

Yes, we should organize some chat events. Maybe even this week while some ppl are at BF. We could put them on the calendar, too.

~~Griffin~~

samantha k.
07-25-2004, 08:25 PM
Yeaa that sounds great!... um, as soon as we even HAVE a chat feature! ha ha:whatever

Heather
07-25-2004, 11:04 PM
We'll have chat soon. Kate's still got to ad it, and the banner template, as well.

Hellen
07-26-2004, 12:34 AM
YAY for Kate!!!!!!!!!!!!

:cheer:cheer:cheer

skippyfan
07-26-2004, 03:36 PM
go ahead and set up a chat time, once we get the chat back - it'll make it that much easier to chat! If I'm online and notice someone in the chat room, I'll join in. ;) When I was at school, I spent WAY too much time here, and spent many a night in the chat room, talking half the night away! :lol

Heather
07-26-2004, 03:44 PM
go ahead and set up a chat time, once we get the chat back - it'll make it that much easier to chat! If I'm online and notice someone in the chat room, I'll join in. ;) When I was at school, I spent WAY too much time here, and spent many a night in the chat room, talking half the night away! :lolCaroline, the poster child for the Blab addiction :lol :adore

flicksmom
07-26-2004, 04:15 PM
go ahead and set up a chat time, once we get the chat back - it'll make it that much easier to chat! If I'm online and notice someone in the chat room, I'll join in. ;) When I was at school, I spent WAY too much time here, and spent many a night in the chat room, talking half the night away! :lol

Yah, my afternoon-while-I'm-at-work chat buddy left me! Shame on you Skippy!

I was thinking...always a bad sign... we could take it further...

Have a chat time set up for a couple days a week and have them themed chat - such as Mini Monday, China Thursday, OF Wednesday et al. With the provisio that no, you did not have to talk about what was slated but to try to.

But I would wait on that until we see what the new chat room is gonna look like. I want to figure it out first :neener

Teresa

Arabesque
07-26-2004, 06:16 PM
go ahead and set up a chat time, once we get the chat back - it'll make it that much easier to chat! If I'm online and notice someone in the chat room, I'll join in. When I was at school, I spent WAY too much time here, and spent many a night in the chat room, talking half the night away!

That's right!! I've missed you!! :hugg

I'm going through withdrawals! :cry I need to meet up with you on chat here one of these nights again soon Skippy--who else am I going to share my s'more eating stories with?

:roflmao

skippyfan
07-26-2004, 06:40 PM
heehee, yup, that's me - addicted to blab (and chat!). I've missed chatting with you all, but I just don't get to spend as much time online at home. :sad While I don't want to go back to school in about a month, it will be kinda nice to be able to spend like 24/7 online again. :haha

I like the sounds of a themed chat...will at least open up the conversation possibilities!

so Melissa, have you been eating s'mores lately? :roflmao

Arabesque
07-26-2004, 07:49 PM
Sounds like a plan Caroline! That might be what I end up doing to--I'll be enrolling in my first year of college next month and I'm bringing my POS computer with me, I'll also have internet access! :thumbsup

As for the s'mores...well, I'm in denial right now--in otherwords 'yep!' :lol Lately my addiction has been the oreos...decided to skip out on supper tonight with the family because I'm going out with friends right? So I decide, 'a small snack can't hurt'...well about 15 oreos later I'm really wishing I hadn't done that! :rolleyes

:grin

Hellen
07-27-2004, 01:38 AM

But I would wait on that until we see what the new chat room is gonna look like. I want to figure it out first :neener

Teresa
I, for one, would like the chat room covered wall to wall in 70's Orangey red shag carpeting................. With Fuzzy zebra striped cushion chairs. And red, yellow, blue and green Lava Lamps.

AND a Disco Ball :woohoo

skippyfan
07-27-2004, 03:16 PM
I, for one, would like the chat room covered wall to wall in 70's Orangey red shag carpeting................. With Fuzzy zebra striped cushion chairs. And red, yellow, blue and green Lava Lamps.

:roflmao Hellen! Now that would be one different sort of chatroom! Maybe it would be distracting enough to keep us from going :yawn or :zzz in there? ; ) (dang thing wouldn't let me post unless I put a space in that smiley at the end!)

Arabesque
07-29-2004, 02:53 AM

Sounds funky!

Par-tay! Par-tay! Par-tay! :woohoo

"Ah ah ah ah stayin' alive, stayin' alive, ah ah ah ah.." :uh

wobbler_kitty
07-30-2004, 04:46 PM
Yeah, don't forget the disco ball!:roflmao

Griffin
08-02-2004, 08:41 PM
Yeah, don't forget the disco ball!:roflmao

Ooo! I've got a little disco ball! It's sparkly and everything. I'll be sure to whip out my disco ball next time I chat. :uh :lol

~~Griffin~~

samantha k.
08-02-2004, 10:18 PM
*sigh* i really wish we culd see if sum1 is in the chat room before we go in. I'm constintley going in and out, and i HATE that i hafta sign in before I can actually enter. Hm, oh well!:whatever