PDA

View Full Version : A charity fund

airen
08-01-2010, 06:27 PM
I was AMAZED by the out-pouring of support for Melly and Herman. I know so many of our hobby family come into dire straights from time to time. It would wonderful to form an organization to raise funds that could be applied for by needy hobbyists. Goodwill towards all our own!
I realize this would be an enormous undertaking. I do not have the skills to take this on myself, but if we could all contribute however we could, we can really make a difference!

Mary
08-04-2010, 03:53 PM
Airen I suggest looking up the legal forms of charities, how funds are maintained and administered, and so on. That would be the first step toward establishing a permanent fund. Basically the donors need assurances that the funds are going where intended, and whoever administers the funds needs to be protected from having the IRS declare the donations as income to them. :eek :wink And of course lots of other details.

You could then figure out if you think it's do-able, and start working out the parameters of who would be eligible to receive help and under what circumstances. And of course finding a fund administrator, someone of the highest integrity - and who has the time and wherewithal to do it.

Good luck if you decide to pursue this! When they were asked, this hobby has certainly rallied to hobbyists in need. :)

horse1324
08-04-2010, 10:28 PM
that would be wonderful if you could!