PDA

View Full Version : Amber (About to go Red Light) for Vicky Bartlow

rainworks
03-21-2005, 04:25 PM
I hate to do this, but I get more and more fed up with each passing day.

The situation was this.
On january 30, I bid the buy it now price on MXC for her mini Max resin. It was $55.00. I contacted her immediatley, and paid promptly after she emailed me back. Within 24 hours of the auction ending.

She sent the model out on February 1st (I have photo documentation to prove it)

It hadnt arrived by late february, the 18th I believe, so I contacted her. She said she would look into it on tuesday as the post office was closed for presidents day monday.

After I didnt recieve an email about the package (I think this was thursday) I contacted her and requested a refund. Her lack of empathy or concern on this matter frustrated and concerned me. I was upset by the fact that she hadnt bothered to contact me, or I *presume attempted to track down the model.

I was instructed to issue a complaint through pay pal. which I did. The model arrived back to her february 27 or 28, and she emailed me stating "I am cancelling this transaction and refunding your money."

She isnt really refunding me, not right away anyhow. We are going through the unecissary refund and appeals process via paypal. It is frustrating that she would delay the refund process in this matter, when she could very easily paypal the AGREED refund to me.

Similarily, when I posted negative feedback on MXC due to her general lack of concern for her buyers (or the product once it leaves her hands) she retaliated with negative feedback of her own. I dont think that I should be given retaliatory feedback due to an address error, if she were indeed that upset about it, she would have posted the negative feedback upon recieving the returned parcel (on the 27 or 28) and not on the 4th of march (which incidentally was the day after I posted feedback)

anyway,
my warning is dont cross Vicky, she seems to have done everything in her power to make this a stressful transaction.

I will admit to being hasty and annoying with emails, but never rude.
She has since stopped replying to my emails, requesting a simple reimbursment. The pay pal dispute could last several more days if not months.

sorry to do this Vicky, but Im fed up.
Kelsey

rainworks
03-25-2005, 03:12 PM
why why why
this is rediculous.. really
why should it take a full month to refund money.

:curse fed up

reggieqh
03-25-2005, 03:53 PM
wo that is awful. I just don't get it... Why everytime I buy something do I sit here a sweat because even people w/ good feedback can suddenly flake...? I am waiting now for a model & I paid right away (always do) & just want it to be shipped with when I was told it was to be shipped, otherwise tell me what is going on!!

MorBarbs
04-11-2005, 12:25 AM
I hate to do this, but I get more and more fed up with each passing day.

The situation was this.
On january 30, I bid the buy it now price on MXC for her mini Max resin. It was $55.00. I contacted her immediatley, and paid promptly after she emailed me back. Within 24 hours of the auction ending.

She sent the model out on February 1st (I have photo documentation to prove it)

It hadnt arrived by late february, the 18th I believe, so I contacted her. She said she would look into it on tuesday as the post office was closed for presidents day monday.

After I didnt recieve an email about the package (I think this was thursday) I contacted her and requested a refund. Her lack of empathy or concern on this matter frustrated and concerned me. I was upset by the fact that she hadnt bothered to contact me, or I *presume attempted to track down the model.

I was instructed to issue a complaint through pay pal. which I did. The model arrived back to her february 27 or 28, and she emailed me stating "I am cancelling this transaction and refunding your money."

She isnt really refunding me, not right away anyhow. We are going through the unecissary refund and appeals process via paypal. It is frustrating that she would delay the refund process in this matter, when she could very easily paypal the AGREED refund to me.

Similarily, when I posted negative feedback on MXC due to her general lack of concern for her buyers (or the product once it leaves her hands) she retaliated with negative feedback of her own. I dont think that I should be given retaliatory feedback due to an address error, if she were indeed that upset about it, she would have posted the negative feedback upon recieving the returned parcel (on the 27 or 28) and not on the 4th of march (which incidentally was the day after I posted feedback)

anyway,
my warning is dont cross Vicky, she seems to have done everything in her power to make this a stressful transaction.

I will admit to being hasty and annoying with emails, but never rude.
She has since stopped replying to my emails, requesting a simple reimbursment. The pay pal dispute could last several more days if not months.

sorry to do this Vicky, but Im fed up.
Kelsey

Did you find a way to solve the problem?
I was thinking about buying from this person...

bainbridge
04-11-2005, 01:02 PM
Did you find a way to solve the problem?
I was thinking about buying from this person...

This posting of mine is for MorBarbs only. I do not know what the problem between Kelsey and Vicky is, nor do I wish to get into that. But, since MorBarbs mentioned possibly buying from Vicky, I wanted to reply to strictly that.

MorBarbs, I have done ALLOT of business with Vicky (and I mean allot) and she has always been 100% awesome with me. I have never heard anything negative about her in the least, not saying it isn't out there but I have never heard anything but praise for Vicky. *I* trust her completely either as a seller or buyer.

Sorry, I probably shouldn't have jumped in. Please understand that I was only addressing MorBarbs considering buying from her. This is nothing to do with Kelsey (who seems like a very nice lady) or the deal discussed previously above. tom :)

MorBarbs
04-11-2005, 01:41 PM
This posting of mine is for MorBarbs only. I do not know what the problem between Kelsey and Vicky is, nor do I wish to get into that. But, since MorBarbs mentioned possibly buying from Vicky, I wanted to reply to strictly that.

MorBarbs, I have done ALLOT of business with Vicky (and I mean allot) and she has always been 100% awesome with me. I have never heard anything negative about her in the least, not saying it isn't out there but I have never heard anything but praise for Vicky. *I* trust her completely either as a seller or buyer.

Sorry, I probably shouldn't have jumped in. Please understand that I was only addressing MorBarbs considering buying from her. This is nothing to do with Kelsey (who seems like a very nice lady) or the deal discussed previously above. tom :)

Thank you Tom, for taking the time to share your own experiences with this person.
Of course nobody is perfect and even if there is an unsolved issue between her and rainworks that doesn´t make her a totally unreliable person to deal with.
As some Blabbers might know, I had an unpleasant experience with a seller just recently so I might be a little over-suspicious now when I hear anything negative about a seller.

cranbonite
04-11-2005, 01:44 PM
Gotta chime in with Tom - not to discount Kelsey's situation at all, but my experiences with Vicky have been nothing but outrageously positive. I've only bought from her once, but she was fantastic, and I know her from local shows - I would not hesitate a moment to deal with her again :)

MGR
04-11-2005, 05:57 PM
I can see where Kelsey's coming from. Although the only transaction I've had with Vicky was positive on my end, I must say. I can definitely see why Kelsey's so frustrated, for sure.

Not to rag on Kelsey, but for other readers' benefit here: This is a good way to point out why being "hasty and annoying" with emails is a BAD thing. It could be that due to the hastiness and annoyingness of communication (using Kelsey's own description there), Vicky preferred to just wash her hands of the whole situation rather than see it through in a more direct way. PayPal's appeals thing can be a real huge PITA sometimes. :)

Ohhhhhh, I've had my definite share of over-eager emailers. Nothing makes me want to get a horse out of my hands faster and NEVER deal with a person again than incessant emailing (often to my work address :wtf), which usually means a crappy finished product! :haha

Anyway - I'm not saying that's what happened here, because obviously I don't know, but I thought I'd take the opportunity to get on the soap box.

I hope your issue with Vicky is resolved soon, Kelsey! :yes

Heather
04-11-2005, 06:04 PM
Gotta chime in with Tom - not to discount Kelsey's situation at all, but my experiences with Vicky have been nothing but outrageously positive. I've only bought from her once, but she was fantastic, and I know her from local shows - I would not hesitate a moment to deal with her again :)

Same here. Haven't had the pleasure of meeting her in person, but have had two fabulous transactions with her. I'm sad to hear about Kelsey's situation.

ryllina
04-11-2005, 08:39 PM
I've met Vicky in person and had business transactions with her - she's always been wonderful to me.

rainworks
04-27-2005, 01:21 PM
Woot
pay pal finally granted me a refund. it took two months and a couple of telephone calls.
anywoo
it probably was my fault she got fed up with me...
I suppose I just didnt like feeling as though I was just another 60 dollars to her pocket and nothing more. :)

kelsey

jeanneg99
04-28-2005, 10:05 AM
I've met Vicky in person and she has purchased from our company. We had one deal that was cancelled by mutual agreement. She has always been pleasant to deal with, although sometimes slow to answer emails. I guess life intrudes on models sometimes. My own experience...