PDA

View Full Version : Sonya Johnson/Sarah Johnson?

ShamrockFarmsInc.
03-23-2005, 12:13 PM
I have heard both names, not sure which I'm looking for, but I'd love to get in touch to verify an incredible SM paint job (bay, on a Rose Ahab). Anybody have email addresses for this/these talented artists?

-Shannon Rodgers

equitog
03-23-2005, 04:22 PM
Sonja Johnson is primarily a sculptor, but has done some painting. Last I knew, she was living in Arizona.

(Never heard of Sarah)

cranbonite
03-23-2005, 06:02 PM
Ohhh, I remember Sarah Johnson. She would have done that Ahab - I remember she had three of them when I met her at my first model horse show. I really dunno what's happened to her since then because it's been years since I heard from her. This is her website, but it's clearly VERY out of date...
http://sarranna.tripod.com/

And actually, Sonya I think is primarily a painter, not a sculptor. She has only released three resins, after all, but I've seen quite a lot of her paintwork (and own a piece painted by her as well!).

sonyaj
03-23-2005, 08:19 PM
I have heard both names, not sure which I'm looking for, but I'd love to get in touch to verify an incredible SM paint job (bay, on a Rose Ahab). Anybody have email addresses for this/these talented artists?

-Shannon Rodgers

Must be Sarah Johnson, as Daphne says - I have never painted an Ahab :)

Sonya [Johnson]

sonyaj
03-23-2005, 08:24 PM
And actually, Sonya I think is primarily a painter, not a sculptor. She has only released three resins, after all, but I've seen quite a lot of her paintwork (and own a piece painted by her as well!).

Yeah, I'd have to say I have been more of a painter, in as far as the majority of my work goes. However, I'm planning on doing more sculpting, now that I've cleared out some of my commission backlog :) I am also working on a website, now that we have our own server. Just need to register a domain name, and I'll be off and running!

Sonya

cranbonite
03-23-2005, 08:42 PM
That's wonderful news, Sonya! I remember years ago you had a SM-scale Arabian mare in progress on your website who you were planning on releasing in resin, and I was saving up my pennies for her, but she never happened, sadly. It'll be wonderful to see you put out more resins so that I have the opportunity to get them! I have an Atrevido, who I painted a glowing red chestnut, and he was so fun to paint! (Also, 'tis a shame you never painted an Ahab...I hemmed and hawed after I got mine and had him painted about getting a second one, and I meant to commission you to paint him if I ever got off my butt and decided that he was a resin worth having in multiple...but then he sold out. :sigh)

Just promise me you'll still be painting some, Sonya :) I would very much like to get more pieces by you someday.

sonyaj
03-23-2005, 11:35 PM
That's wonderful news, Sonya! I remember years ago you had a SM-scale Arabian mare in progress on your website who you were planning on releasing in resin, and I was saving up my pennies for her, but she never happened, sadly.
That mare is sitting on my workbench, awaiting completion. However, since the time I planned on releasing her in resin several years ago, and now, I've decided that I will not do any more resins from customized plastic bodies - only OS. So, when the piece is finished, I will probably put her up on eBay. But, I definitely have ideas for some OS Arabs to do, probably in a LB-SM scale. My reference binders are overflowing with inspirational material! I may do an OS based on the customized Arab, and keep the original for my own collection.

It'll be wonderful to see you put out more resins so that I have the opportunity to get them! I have an Atrevido, who I painted a glowing red chestnut, and he was so fun to paint! (Also, 'tis a shame you never painted

Aw, shucks.....thank you for your kind words about my work, Daphne :) I had fun doing those resin releases, and one of these days, will actually paint one of each for my own personal collection. :pray

Just promise me you'll still be painting some, Sonya :) I would very much like to get more pieces by you someday.

:hugg My customers are just the best! :cheer

:wave1

Thanks again for you generous words about my work - it means a lot!

Sonya