PDA

View Full Version : How about not moving threads started by people that do not have paid access?

LC Kiko
09-22-2010, 02:20 PM
I am growing slightly frustrated when threads get moved. As a non-paid member, I cannot view or reply/post on parts of Blab. I have started a few threads and placed them in what I thought would be the appropriate places because I cannot post in certain areas.

And then they get moved :tantrum so I cannot reply or post, or THANK those that helped me with my question. That's my biggest beef, is that I can't thank someone for their help.

So my suggestion is : Mods please look at the member that posted the topic. I understand that certain things belong certain places, but not everyone can access those places. Please keep that in mind next time a thread is moved

Its a little frustrating. :storm

Erin
09-22-2010, 03:08 PM
A thread belongs where a thread belongs, regardless of who posted it - paid or non paid status has nothing to do with thread content. Being a paid member has it's benefits, WELL worth the $18/year IMO! It seems like this is causing you a moderate amount of frustration - would you say it's more than $18 worth of frustration? ;)

Two Fishies
09-22-2010, 03:10 PM
Not a mod, but isn’t that the point? If all of Blab was accessible to non-paid members, why would anyone pay for it? It’s also not fair to those of us who do pay to have to pick around threads that are in the wrong place. If you have a question about breed assignment, there’s a forum for that. It should not be posted to OF Corral or the Arena.

camaro88lover
09-22-2010, 03:16 PM
It always surprises me that these threads are even made.

Blab is a paid forum. I think it's awesome that there even ARE unpaid parts that everyone can access. If unpaid members could simply post wherever they wanted, whatever they wanted, then what is the benefit for the paid members?

If you want to post items in the paid forums, then you need to be a paid member. I don't mean to sound harsh, but them's the breaks. :peace

Nightmare
09-22-2010, 03:31 PM
Trust me, it's one of the best $18.00 you'll ever spend :yes

ravensgate
09-22-2010, 04:59 PM
Well, the other side of the coin is that it frustrates paid members when unpaid members put threads wherever they want just because they are unpaid and can't access the forums the thread belongs in. I find it not only frustrating but disrespectful for those of us who pay to have a membership here. I find it further disrespectful that you are chastising mods for doing their jobs.

Rayvin
09-22-2010, 05:04 PM
I agree. That is the incentive to join as a paid member, you get all the perks. ;) It really isn't that much per year. Just over a dollar a month. I spend more on most things. Lots of fun stuff and more always being added helps.

airen
09-22-2010, 05:24 PM
Think of the Non-pay areas as a free preview. It entices you to see the whole show. Bring your own popcorn of course!

StraplessVivaTequila
09-22-2010, 06:07 PM

I second that!

I even let my MH$P account just dwindle, I was paying for that then I thought, meh, I never sell anymore anyway. Blab is SO much better!

camaro88lover
09-22-2010, 06:29 PM
I second that!

I even let my MH$P account just dwindle, I was paying for that then I thought, meh, I never sell anymore anyway. Blab is SO much better!

Plus - you can sell on Blab with a paid membership!

Tifns
09-22-2010, 06:36 PM
When I first found Blab I was not paid for the longest. Then I was running into the same problem you were Kris, my threads would be moved and I couldnt respond to them. So I became a paid member so I wouldnt have to worry about it anymore. Best 18.00 I ever spent! I think the baby squirrel threads were the ones that were moved and made me get a paid membership! :lol

Mary
09-22-2010, 06:52 PM
As everyone here has already said ...

Blab does not offer those topics to unpaid members - it is a more limited topic board. That is the design of Blab. A lot of hobby and off-topic content is available to free members. But not everything.

When an unpaid member posts on something like resins or real pets in a free forum where it doesn't belong, they are taking something that isn't offered to them, that others have paid for.

When members first join they have 7 days to explore the full board at no cost, paid topics as well. They can post in most paid forums (not sales.) That is to give them a chance to decide if they want to buy access to the paid topics, or if they prefer to stay with the free version.

Some internet boards do not allow free memberships at all. Blab has always welcomed free members and made content available to them. :)

Hope that adds something to the explanations already offered by members ... :rays

HorseChick
09-22-2010, 07:12 PM
My renewal came due in August. ( I think) Since I always go to today's posts first, it took me forever to even notice that it had expired. :lol I'm saving for expensive dental work and even Blab takes a backseat to my teeth. It's worth the cost, if you can swing it. I'll renew at some point in the future. I'm thankful for FB. It helps me to keep up with many of the peeps here :hearts

Shaheen
09-22-2010, 07:42 PM

:yeahthat I didn't really know what Blab was all about for a long time. I had heard mention of it, but I hadn't checked it out. One day I just decided to see what it was like. I liked it and after the free trial period was over, I decided it would be well worth 18.00. I think it's reasonably priced myself. :)

Lora
09-23-2010, 12:02 PM
I have been a paid member and could very well afford it but blab isn't worth the 18$ to me without the Photos-Forum. That has been the first Thread i went to to see if anyone has posted new model horse photos (or other nice photos) . Now i would have to run the search-engine, find only half as not every photos-Thread has the IMG-Tag or guess ... don't have that much time ...
And for posting my pics, well have to find other boards , I am not posting them in any competitive area, that's not what they are for and that's not there they belong to . and in Arena ? Not really a place to post my pics and I won't need to pay for that.
"Real World" has 8 forums... , Blab-Information has 5 , 2 alone for competitions ... but the one area that could be seen as "just-for-fun-with models" , everyone with a camera could post in , the Photo-forum had to be closed ,may be that's it, it's not competitve, it's not commercial (no way to make money out of it like with Resins, customs or OFs so it had to go ... so may be I have to go ... at least my photos (they are on my website in case someone miss them , not that I really think so...)

JRT Mom
09-23-2010, 12:02 PM
Agreed. Completely worth the $18 it costs to belong. The free sales ads will save you more than $18 over Ebay. I think it's totally worth $1.50 per month to have access to all the information, sales, purchasing, trading, friendships and fun we have on Blab.

JMHO, however.

Laura G
09-23-2010, 12:04 PM
Agreed. Completely worth the $18 it costs to belong. The free sales ads will save you more than $18 over Ebay. I think it's totally worth $1.50 per month to have access to all the information, sales, purchasing, trading, friendships and fun we have on Blab.

:yes :agreed :thumbsup

dmickle
09-23-2010, 12:15 PM
I was on another forum which is entirely free before I came to Blab. IMHO, Blabbers seem more mature (yay, no chatspeak), much more informed and many threads on that site were merely started as knock-offs of Blab threads. Definitely worth the $18 a year (and more!).

WindMillSongRanch
09-23-2010, 01:20 PM
Mine recently came due also. I have so much going on in life right now though, that I just don't have the interest to pay for a forum right now. I'll watch for new news in the free forums, and enjoy Facebook too. Between the kids, Gabe being in the hospital, and just life in general, I don't have the time or finances. $18 isn't alot, and then again it is. I did join the Gem and Mineral society here though-$10 and it gets me off of my butt, and enjoying the outside :grin

elfling
09-23-2010, 07:42 PM
The sales pages alone are worth the $18 a year! That's equal to going without 3 Venti Starbucks drinks... a year.

IeshaLover
09-23-2010, 08:38 PM
I'm not a paid member but, I know it's worth it and will be soon! I just need to figure out how to become a paid member (obviously pay the $18.00 but... how...?) :lol

ravensgate
09-23-2010, 08:43 PM
I'm not a paid member but, I know it's worth it and will be soon! I just need to figure out how to become a paid member (obviously pay the $18.00 but... how...?) :lol

Go up to the top under 'My Blab'. Click on 'Paid subscription' and that will take you where you need to go:)

IeshaLover
09-23-2010, 09:37 PM
Go up to the top under 'My Blab'. Click on 'Paid subscription' and that will take you where you need to go:)

Thank you Jaime! I really appreciate it!

ravensgate
09-23-2010, 09:55 PM
You're very welcome! :grin

Cwallbruch
09-23-2010, 10:11 PM
As the saying goes....

You have to pay to play. :)

LC Kiko
09-24-2010, 12:11 AM
Thank you for the replies. However I think some people got the wrong idea that I was complaining, and I was not. Sorry if it came out that way. I'm moreso frustrated that when a thread is moved there is no notification to the poster that is has been moved. (Or do you have to sub to a thread for that type of notification??)

I'm really not complaining about the situation of my not being a paid member. I am a moderator on a game site so I understand that things belong where they belong. I'm not trying to ruin other members' experiences because I posted in the wrong forum, I'm not bitter about the price (which is very reasonable). I'm just frustrated that I can't thank people for their words when they post a thread that was moved and I have no way of replying. :(

This was not intended as a rant thread. From what I understand from a few posts, people automatically assumed that of me.

camaro88lover
09-24-2010, 07:21 AM
Thank you for the replies. However I think some people got the wrong idea that I was complaining, and I was not. Sorry if it came out that way. I'm moreso frustrated that when a thread is moved there is no notification to the poster that is has been moved. (Or do you have to sub to a thread for that type of notification??)

I'm really not complaining about the situation of my not being a paid member. I am a moderator on a game site so I understand that things belong where they belong. I'm not trying to ruin other members' experiences because I posted in the wrong forum, I'm not bitter about the price (which is very reasonable). I'm just frustrated that I can't thank people for their words when they post a thread that was moved and I have no way of replying. :(

This was not intended as a rant thread. From what I understand from a few posts, people automatically assumed that of me.

I think the emoticons/smilies you used were interpreted as negative.

Alliecat
09-24-2010, 07:39 AM
I do think $18 is very reasonable - however, in certain circumstances, it can be a substantial bit of money. When I first joined Blab, I had just spent my entire month's discretionary fund plus several hundred dollars more than I should have spent :) on model horse tack making supplies. So I had to wait a month for my paid membership, and believe me it was frustrating.

If I can make a suggestion, a month by month payment would be grand. $3 a month would come out to twice what the yearly cost is, and be much more tempting to, say, kids living on an allowance, than having to pay $18 at once. It's all about price point.

Erin
09-24-2010, 08:45 AM
99% of kids are students, and the student price is only $10 IIRC.

I don't think a monthly payment is economical - I can't imagine how much more management that might take from Mary's end!

LC Kiko
09-24-2010, 01:01 PM
I think the emoticons/smilies you used were interpreted as negative.

And that was bad on my part using the emoticons that I did. So I'm sorry about the misinterpretation

I'm kind of in a twist about my post. I really do regret even posting it in the first place because things have gotten misinterpreted and I feel really bad about it.

JRT Mom
09-24-2010, 03:10 PM
And that was bad on my part using the emoticons that I did. So I'm sorry about the misinterpretation

I'm kind of in a twist about my post. I really do regret even posting it in the first place because things have gotten misinterpreted and I feel really bad about it.

Hey, you know what? Life goes on! No harm done......Enjoy your weekend!

hi_d_hi
09-24-2010, 05:31 PM

You can always rep them or go to their profile and tell them/ask them something. I did it, it's not difficult.

ravensgate
09-24-2010, 06:13 PM

I know my response was harsh and I apologize for that bluntness, but it really is just as simple as paying the yearly fee and not worrying about if your thread gets moved. Threads just don't get moved for no reason. They get moved because they aren't in the appropriate areas. And when an unpaid member complains about that, well, you have no right to complain when you were the one that posted it in the wrong area and just don't want to (or can't) pay for a membership. It's nothing personal, dem's just da rules.:)

LC Kiko
09-25-2010, 11:13 AM
Thanks ladies

HorseChick
09-26-2010, 02:24 PM
I just renewed. :) Hubby told me to as part of my anniversary gift. We made 21 years today.

timberwolf
09-26-2010, 02:57 PM
Congratulations Tracy.

Shaheen
09-27-2010, 09:46 AM
Congratulations Tracy.
Congrats! :yaymiller

LC Kiko
09-27-2010, 01:10 PM
Congrats Tracey : )))

Mary
09-27-2010, 02:47 PM
I'm moreso frustrated that when a thread is moved there is no notification to the poster that is has been moved. ...Actually there is a notification, but not a message personally to the poster. We don't have enough mod staff to send a note to everyone individually every time a thread is moved, so that's part of the Blab credo of putting it on the members to post appropriately and keeping modding low. But there should be a line note in the original forum stating that the thread was moved and to what forum. This will appear for from 1 to a few days, then that notification will go away.

Avoiding the situation altogether can be done by sticking to the topics available to free members, posted in the proper forum. That's the intended use of Blab. It shouldn't be necessary to move threads very often. :)

Glad you are on Blab and hope you find plenty to discuss in the free forums. :talk :toothy