PDA

View Full Version : Question: PayPal Instant Funds Transfer issues....???

Retrospectiv
10-18-2010, 11:44 AM
This has been going on for about 2 months now and I'm BEYOND LIVID with PP :storm :storm :storm:storm :storm :storm :storm

Let me start with saying I've been using PP for 10 years now. My bank account is Looooong since confirmed, as is my backup funding source, my Visa. I even have a secondary confirmed bank account on there.

Nothing has changed in my accounts. No updates, no expireys, no nothing.

I've never had a PP issue such as non-payment, insufficient funds, etc.

Starting about 10 weeks ago, I went to pay for an Ebay purchase, and my prefered method of payment, Instant Transfer from my bank account was greyed out, meaning I couldn't use it. The only options were use the echeck, or my Visa. I had never used an echeck in 10 years, but didn't feel like charging the amount to my Visa so used it. 10 days later is clears and seller gets paid.

Since that 1st time, this has happened EVERY time for each transaction bar one. My Instant Transfer option keeps being blocked and I have to use echeck or my Visa. I HATE THE ECHECK!!!! It's a pain in the ass for sellers and for me, waiting for that to clear.

I have phoned PP THREE times now. I got so angry the last time I hung up. All they can come up with for a reason is some BS about 'security flagged' transactions. They say it's random. Then they tell me 'this' transaction is more than you usually spend, or it's less than you usually spend. B*ll S**t!!

My spending/buying habits haven't changed a bit, nor has what I've been buying (99% horses, lol).

I have emailed then FOUR times now. I have not received a single reply back.

The instant transfer option has been blocked for Ebay transactions as well as for MH&P and other outside Ebay ones as well.

I've asked sellers if anyone else has complained about this happening and apparently I'm the only one.

There is no other side to this story you're not getting btw ;-) My bank account is fine and my Ebay & PP standing are as well. I can see NOOOOO reason why this change and why this is continuing to happen.

Anyone else having this issue, or hear about other buyers that have?? I'm at a total loss and looking for other online payment sources at this point due to them doing absolutely NOTHING to correct this issue.

lilfillie
10-18-2010, 11:49 AM
I had this happen once a few years back, I went to pay for something and did not realize that the Echeck thingy came up. And damned if I can remember how I got it resolved, I need to look through some old posts. If I find it I will let you know....

FriesianFury
10-18-2010, 12:04 PM
I had something like this happen a few years ago and I ended up removed all cards and my bank. Closed that paypal down and started a new back up. When you do start a new back up, you can use the email that was on the old one if I remember right? After I done this I have had no more problems.....yet

Erin
10-18-2010, 12:05 PM
This has happened to me, too. Mine stayed greyed out for a good three months if I recall correctly. The only thing for it is to wait it out - PP staff can (or will) do nothing for you.

What I was told when I called is the same as you - transactions got flagged for some reason they can't determine, and the system is the only entity that can re-activate the instant transfer option, once you have gone a certain length of time without getting a flagged transaction.

It's very frustrating, because I never did figure out what transactions were flagged.

Wait it out though - it will just be fixed one day, for no reason you can find.

Retrospectiv
10-18-2010, 12:08 PM
Oh gosh, if you (Lilfillie) had a resolution to this I'd bend down and kiss your feet!! :happykiss

This has been SUCH an inconvenience. I feel bad paying sellers with the echeck but what can I do? My blood pressure won't survive another phone call to PP and I've determined that they're ignoring my email pleas.

If this were a one time thing I'd have chalked it up to maybe a random security thing, but not EVERY time now.

Thanks for the other notes guys. I just can't understand the flagging in the 1st place. It's not like I all of a sudden bought a $700 item, or went on an 'adult only' section buying spree :evilwoo :grintongue It's not only just confined to Ebay as I mentioned. I can't even use I/T in the Personal tabs or anywhere on PP.

Erin
10-18-2010, 12:11 PM
To clarify - your account as a whole is now flagged, because of one (or more) transactions that got flagged. Now that your account is on that list or whatever, the only way to get OFF the list and back to full use is to keep using it and have no more flagged transactions, or like Sarah said, close it and open a new one.

The thing that irritated me was that nobody could tell me which transactions were flagged and why - it's entirely automated, as is the way to get back to a regular account.

Retrospectiv
10-18-2010, 12:17 PM
To clarify - your account as a whole is now flagged, because of one (or more) transactions that got flagged. Now that your account is on that list or whatever, the only way to get OFF the list and back to full use is to keep using it and have no more flagged transactions, or like Sarah said, close it and open a new one.

The thing that irritated me was that nobody could tell me which transactions were flagged and why - it's entirely automated, as is the way to get back to a regular account.

Ahh, thanks for clarifying : )

And that's exactly what I've dealt with, they either can't, or won't fix anything no matter what I ask them. Everyone I've bought from was in good standing and I've had no issues with MH$P purchases or anything.
If this carries on too long I may close down my PP account and start over, I just hate to as everything is long time confirmed & I hate going through that process again too.

SeaWatch
10-18-2010, 01:11 PM
Oh boy, what a mess that sounds like. I really hope it works it way out for you, and you don't have to go through the hassles of closing your account, and opening a new one.

Luckily, that hasn't happened to me.
However -- I have been experiencing another problem with Paypal, and it's one that they haven't fixed after I called them three times about it.

I have had my Paypal account for about 8 years, and all of a sudden (in the past few months), whenever I send someone a payment via Paypal, for an Ebay item, my address now says "unconfirmed". My address is clearly 'confirmed' on the Paypal screens, and in their system. I have even made sure that my Ebay account is properly linked. But it has been months now, and it continues to say 'unconfirmed' whenever I send a payment.

I have spoke to the people at Ebay, who always refer me back to Paypal. The Paypal people say that everything looks fine on their end, and that it must be a 'glitch' somewhere. Yeah, right. Meanwhile, I have sellers who delay shipping stuff to me because they don't want to ship to an 'unconfirmed' address.

I don't mean to highjack the thread.... It's another Paypal problem.... Has anyone else encountered this?

Mindy Binkley

Retrospectiv
10-18-2010, 01:47 PM
Hi Mindy,

No worries, you're not hijacking : )

I had that problem a few years back. Same as you, my accounts at PP were long since confirmed and when I'd pay the PP invoice would state unconfirmed.
I did my best to reassure sellers that I was, in fact Confirmed and most were ok with that. PP never did fix anything, but that problem eventually went away. Was always annoying as sometimes it would show Confirmed, other time Unconfirmed. Never knew which it was going to be when I sent payment.

It's lovely dealing with a company that's big enough to not care about customer's problems <head desk>.

Intothesunstudio
10-18-2010, 01:56 PM
this happened to me recently when I was going to pay for something. It wouldn't let me use my instant transfer only e-check or my credit card. So I ended up playing with a few things (honestly don't know what I did to make it work) and then I was able to send it from my bank. It had never happened to me before. I think it might have been because I changed my address to my new address. :dunno