PDA

View Full Version : Fleabitten Duke's pics FINALLY... @auction in next day or so.. (hopefully!)

Morgen
03-27-2005, 12:20 PM
Woohoo HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE! :)
I just wanted to share a few of the pics I was able to get of the fleabitten Duke artistís proof (painted by me) that HOPEFULLY Iíll be posting to eBay within the next 24hrsÖ it really is just a matter of getting good crisp pics of those fleabites now. Painful Ė my camera is NOT a high tech machine and I really really REALLY want to capture as much detail as possible.. well heck, Iíve spent a good part of the past 3 months making those details so can you blame me?

Ok, but I am so excited about him! Here he is! ->
http://www.one-horse.net/duke/APfleabit1.jpg
http://www.one-horse.net/duke/APfleabit2.jpg
http://www.one-horse.net/duke/APfleabit3.jpg

(ya well, I have to work on getting brighter onesÖ like I said!) ;)
Hope everyone is having a great holiday!!!

MorBarbs
03-27-2005, 12:29 PM
:wow !!! So beautiful! You did a great paintjob there! Brings out his face so well, lovely muzzle & eye detail. Subtile & yet stunning. :thumbsup :thumbsup

BettyBarBandit
03-27-2005, 12:32 PM
Just lovely--so soft, and real looking! Wonderful expression!! Bravo!!

SMichaud
03-27-2005, 12:55 PM
Dear freakin Lord!
I predict WAY over a grand, I predict over 2!!!!!
KICKS ROYAL Patookey!

thebillybo
03-27-2005, 12:57 PM
THAT is gorgeous work. Wow.

Holy cow... I bet your hands wanted to fall off after all those teeny flea bites!

Wow.

:bloom:

EquusArt
03-27-2005, 01:28 PM
Morgen, you have done a STUNNING job on this! I think this is my favorite paint job on Duke. WOW! Just simply LOVELY!! His eye looks fabulous as well!

booker81
03-27-2005, 01:32 PM
HOLY WOW!!!!

You're gonna have to put one of those "not a real horse" disclaimers in the auction, because HOLY WOW! He looks so touchably REAL. I wanna kiss his soft fuzzy muzzle!!

HOLY WOW!!

punkybugsy
03-27-2005, 01:46 PM
He's amazing! Looks like he is ready to come to life. :)

whiteappaloosa
03-27-2005, 02:31 PM
*THUD*

*Picking myself back up off the floor!

Wow, Morgen, that is one of the best flea-bit grays I have ever seen! He looks real! Congrat on this handsome fellow. I agree he's gonna be way popular, hope he brings you lots! Sure wish I had the money to bid on him...

Amber

crook425
03-27-2005, 02:59 PM
:wow He's beautiful Morgen! Congrats & good luck with the auction - I'm sure he'll bring in a nice bid or 2 :D He reminds me of a flea bitten mare that I used to ride - sigh :1drool

Attaway1
03-27-2005, 03:08 PM
Stunning! What more needs to be said?..........
Melissa

Fkca46
03-27-2005, 03:39 PM
WOW Congrats on making a great horse then painting it so that it is even more amazing!!! I can't wait to watch the auction.

MGR
03-27-2005, 06:00 PM
Wow, Morgen - he is simply AMAZING. I have never seen a fleabitten horse this stunning before! I dearly wish I could afford him. I suppose it'll be worth it when I have my dog later this year, but it's hurting to know that I could bid on this guy if I didn't want to get a dog! :'(

He will undoubtedly pay you well for all of the time, artistry, and love that you obviously put into him - and whoever wins him is ONE LUCKY DOG!!!

SeaWatch
03-27-2005, 06:10 PM
I agree! :wow

This is definitely one of the nicest, and most realistic flea-bitten paint jobs that I have ever seen! :drool

Great Job!!! :thumbsup

Mindy

greywillow
03-27-2005, 06:31 PM
Wow, Morgen! I'm in hearty agreement with everyone else. Your workmanship is incredible. Just breathtaking. Did I mention...wow...

Liz
03-27-2005, 06:37 PM
woops I didnt see this here before, I just saw the pics via the yahoo group!

I honestly am at a total loss for words, the best way to describe him is he is REAL!

Totally awesome, your work is incredible and that is without a doubt a REALISTIC, right on the mark, fleabit grey! :bow :adore

Chrome Lotus
03-27-2005, 08:39 PM
Exquisite, thank you for sharing! I love those fleabites!

Roseridge
03-27-2005, 09:20 PM
Well, as you know, this guy has my name written all over him...I will surely be bidding and I hope that if I don't get him I at least put up a nice fight for him...

Wish me :goodluck

Equarius Studios
03-27-2005, 09:25 PM
:eek: Wow, he is just amazing.....some of the best fleabites I've ever seen! :drool :drool

merf
03-27-2005, 10:09 PM
jeebus Morgen!!!! you kick my arse in sculpting AND painting *shakes fist*

Graciela
03-27-2005, 10:43 PM
SOOOO pretty, Morgen! He looks fantastic, absolutely gorgeous. I can't wait to see him up on eBay, the little hunk! :adore

MGR
03-27-2005, 11:28 PM
Well, as you know, this guy has my name written all over him...I will surely be bidding and I hope that if I don't get him I at least put up a nice fight for him...

Wish me :goodluck

Woooo! I originally wanted to go all out and win this guy, too, but it's just not possible for me to spend what this horse is worth this year. :'( So, I'm rooting for you, Kate! I know he'd go to a really great home, and you would send me, his auntie, lots of pics! :haha :cheer :cheer :cheer :cheer :cheer :cheer

Morgen
03-28-2005, 12:30 AM
I am sincerely humbled by the responses to this and can feel the blonde blush curse taking hold.

ANY-how.. I ran off after posting that, went to Easter dinner... then went and played some pool (and lost mostly) and then came home and said 'I'd better get this up now before I loose my nerve'... I've already lost my nerve to ever sell one of my favorite painted pieces (a David Mayer sculpture)... it's a weird thing to get so attached to their "character". I can't explain, they just kinda get this little 'charm' to them when you are painting them that you, the artist, don't really think anyone else will "get". Since my (forever 'not for sale') little guy there has stolen my heart, I've come up with all sorts of reasons not to sell him. The little Mayer foal is called "I'm Cold" in my mind... I dunno.. I just can't explain it really :rolleyes.. anyhow (!) I can't do this with my OWN sculpture's artist's proofs tho.. So I did it, I listed that auction as fast as I could. :bolt

There it is:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7145495499

I did do a bad bad thing and set a darn high (imo) reserve for it... hahahaha... I am not THAT eager to sell.

Yes, I can't tell you how painful it is to draw and smudge and draw and smudge the same hairs over and over again for months. No way no how do I see myself doing THAT again anytime soon...

Still and all, I am extremely flattered by the huge response to this post. Wow guys!
Steph, post #4 - I kinda hope not... that's TOO flattering... ya know? (seriously!)
Tiffany, post #5 - absolutely! I actually kinda mention that in my auction description..
Melissa, post #13 - get the DOG, no comparison! and then bring him (or her) over to my place and I'll show you how to make these stupid hair things... lol!
Kristi - high praise indeed from you! :adore
Kate, post #18 Good luck then! (I am pretty sure Kate fits my definition of a "loving home" too!) :)
Andrea, post #20 Go finish Kara and THEN I'll show you how too.. but first finish Kara, ok? ;)

tibbi
03-28-2005, 12:39 AM
So very nice:thumbsup

Roseridge
03-28-2005, 11:10 PM
Well, I can see now that this guy is going to take *quite a fight* to bring into my life...He is SO WORTH IT, though!

Morgen, honestly, it SHOWS that you were enraptured when you created him! I will continue to try my darnedest to keep this guy in Region X (and hopefully my dressage tack will fit him!)

:crossedf:

SMichaud
03-28-2005, 11:21 PM
Steph, post #4 - I kinda hope not... that's TOO flattering... ya know? (seriously!)
Hogwash! It will be hard earned!!! Break down the hourly rate my dear! You know! :) You could actually make more than minimum wage for a change! Its comin, I KNOW IT! :neener You're reserve got blown out of the water in one bid! HA! :cheer
OH and I bet the number of people watching that auction is already at 600, probably WAY more! :goodluck

Roseridge
03-28-2005, 11:25 PM
Hogwash! It will be hard earned!!! Break down the hourly rate my dear! You know! :) You could actually make more than minimum wage for a change! Its comin, I KNOW IT! :neener You're reserve got blown out of the water in one bid! HA! :cheer
OH and I bet the number of people watching that auction is already at 600, probably WAY more! :goodluck

And the fact that I am still in the bidding says a lot considering that at heart I am a CHEAP YANKEE!!!!!! Love this guy, Morgen! He is one of a kind, truly!

Liz
03-28-2005, 11:25 PM
I would have loved him honest :( I love all my babies like you wouldnt believe. I wouldnt have shown him though but if you would like him to stay in the U.S. (which I totally understand) I wont go back and bid again, I will admire him from afar..... he really is so beautiful and gentle I am such a sucker for them when they have a gentle personality! :adore

Liz
03-28-2005, 11:29 PM
And the fact that I am still in the bidding says a lot considering that at heart I am a CHEAP YANKEE!!!!!! Love this guy, Morgen! He is one of a kind, truly!

Best of luck Kate! I hope I didnt step on any toes bidding on him I always planned to bid on him since I first saw photos of him on another thread :D

:goodluck

Morgen
03-28-2005, 11:37 PM
No Liz, I actually am not really all that concerned with US verses other countries or big time showers verses non-showers (it helps to have stuff shown I guess so people feel like they can inspect something in person..)but I think that is more of a concern for people who's goal it is to become bigtime painters.. I will only be finishing models as it strikes my fancy really. ;) In this case, mostly I'm just concerned/hate seeing stuff bought and sold repeatedly... it makes your heart break to see things get 'cut' from a collection, my heart goes out to artists who sell things publically and then see them sold within a month. I totally understand the reasons but well, it does make you feel for them :sigh :rolleyes

Kate, you crack me up with the yankee biz - for folks who are outside of Region 10 - HOLY COW do we have THE most amazing collection of horses in this area - in good part because so many awesome painters and sculptors are up here so they get snatched up in abundance around here.. This is why I have to go to NESE. To marvel over everyone's collections :hubba so inspiring!

Steph, I don't want to think about hourly rates. Its just too hard to calculate... It's totally a labor of love.

Now that the reserve is met and he's definitely going to a new home.. I'm just waiting for some sun here so I can go out and get some kicka** pictures to keep with me forever and ever. He's my new mascot for a while. :~

MaggieBennett
03-28-2005, 11:59 PM
Morgen, I really am amazed that he hasn't gone higher already. I was expecting a much higher reserve! This is truly one of the nicest models I've ever seen. He is gorgeous in an almost understated way. And as I have a Deputed Duke--I can say this sculpture is even cooler in person than in the pictures. I only wish I had more money. I'm keeping the auction open so I can keep looking at him. I hope he goes super high--he's worth it.

SMichaud
03-29-2005, 12:04 AM
Steph, I don't want to think about hourly rates. Its just too hard to calculate... It's totally a labor of love.

But honey, love don't pay the electric bill! :haha Oh I SO wish it did!!! I LOVE what I do but I couldn't continue to do it if I didn't get paid for it. Still it allows me to stay home with the biggest love of my life, my son. :)

wobbler_kitty
03-29-2005, 02:19 AM

Please get him Kate! I wanna see him in person! :lol

Seriously Morgen, this is the most amazing paint job. No one even comes close to a flea bit like you have. There are very few resins that I, as a non resin collector, would want to have. This guy is at the top.

Liz
03-29-2005, 03:52 AM
No Liz, I actually am not really all that concerned with US verses other countries or big time showers verses non-showers (it helps to have stuff shown I guess so people feel like they can inspect something in person..)but I think that is more of a concern for people who's goal it is to become bigtime painters.. I will only be finishing models as it strikes my fancy really. ;) In this case, mostly I'm just concerned/hate seeing stuff bought and sold repeatedly... it makes your heart break to see things get 'cut' from a collection, my heart goes out to artists who sell things publically and then see them sold within a month. I totally understand the reasons but well, it does make you feel for them :sigh :rolleyes

I am sorry I didnt mean it in a "us v's overseas" kinda way but that perhaps you would prefer him to be closer to home so that you could get to see him from time to time at shows. :)

I understand what you mean watching horses be bought and sold. :( I would like to think I am not like that though, I have resold 6 resins in total, four of those were commissioned by me, three of which I sold because they were not quite what I was hoping for. Two I bought already painted but I just did not bond with them so rather than leave them 'lonely' I prefer to move them on to someone who may appreciate them more.

Anyway I am sure he will do very well, I would be disappointed if he did not go for at least 2-3, I think he would be worth every bit!

kated
03-29-2005, 12:34 PM
I just have to say WOW! OMG! He is so freakin' nice! Oh I wish I wasnt poor I would bid in a heart beat if I had that much to spend. Oh I love him! Very very pretty flea bitten. Kinda like my guy!

Heather
03-29-2005, 01:29 PM
Missed this thread till now. Holy freeholies. Morgen, he's quite possibly THE most realistically rendered model horses I've EVER seen. How I long to meet him in person some day! In his headshots - heck, ALL of his photos - he looks SOFT. not just plain old "soft" like anything could be soft; like a lot of painting looks - but SOFT as in the fresh, clean hair on a newly cleaned fleabit grey horse. He is AMAZING!!! I hope he brings a LOT for you. There should be no courteous deferring of bidding - I hope there's a war, and Morgen gets what he's worth!

LaughingStockStables
03-29-2005, 02:37 PM
Oh, I saw that auction yesterday and I was AMAZED!!!!!! He looks LIKE A REAL HORSE!!!!!! :adore :adore :adore :adore Sure wish I had a thousand bucks or so!!! :grin

Roseridge
03-29-2005, 04:00 PM
I would have loved him honest :( I love all my babies like you wouldnt believe. I wouldnt have shown him though but if you would like him to stay in the U.S. (which I totally understand) I wont go back and bid again, I will admire him from afar..... he really is so beautiful and gentle I am such a sucker for them when they have a gentle personality! :adore

Worry not, this is an AUCTION. That means all interested in owning this lovely guy may bid if they can afford him. Honestly, it is a fair fight and we are grown ups (well, mostly:neener), so please do bid if you want him!

Roseridge
03-29-2005, 04:02 PM
Please get him Kate! I wanna see him in person! :lol

I am trying. But I have my limit, as everyone does...I have already bid higher for him than I have for any other model horse I have ever bought!

sidhepro
03-29-2005, 04:06 PM
No no no...no wars! He MUST come live with me... ~grins~

Seriously though, he's worth whatever he finally goes for and more, Morgen deserves a hefty payment for him, I'm just hoping against hope that I can retain the high bidder spot for this beautiful boy. With several days to go, more than 500 hits, and who knows HOW MANY watchers (care to share Morgen??? ~grins~ I'm kinda curious to know how many are watching him too.), it's not likely I'll stay top dog for long.

Kat

Morgen
03-29-2005, 06:51 PM
:o :embarras:
oh my goodness. well ok, uhm 95 watchers to date and 14 questions so far.. my email (outlook) is crashing over someone's email right now.. greatly slowing things down in getting back to folks.

i really can't believe the response to this so far. was not expecting that. :embarras:

sidhepro
03-29-2005, 07:03 PM
:wow

He's gorgeous though Morgen!

If you're receiving the same questions over and over, you can click to post them to the auction automatically as you reply, so that folks can see and perhaps not keep asking the same questions.

~still crossing fingers he comes to live here~
Kat

Morgen
03-29-2005, 08:11 PM
I'm laughing Kat because people don't read auction and sales terms, I've learned this a long time ago... :lol The biggest question so far is "can I take forever to pay him off".. uhmmm no.. because I'll forget and one day stumble across him in a box and wonder who the heck this horse is half owned by and where did they disappear to... ;)

I have several of these creatures (syndicated horses practically.. owned in part by 2 people!) who sit in boxes going "hello? hello??".. ;)

I may add an addenum to the auction tho that states "60 days" dagnabit!

In all seriousness, a lot of it is just kind thoughts and nice stuff. It's not making me insane or anything, lol! Don't worry. ;)

Heather
03-29-2005, 09:27 PM
Still it allows me to stay home with the biggest love of my life, my son. :)

He is sooooooooooooooo cute, Steph!!!! :adore :adore :adore

Liz
03-30-2005, 03:21 AM
Morgen, I really am amazed that he hasn't gone higher already. I was expecting a much higher reserve!

Me too! I was all prepared to place a couple of bids nibble away until I hit the reserve but I got it first bid!.... I was :shocked he has had so much work put in to him I thought it would have been much higher.