PDA

View Full Version : Lorealei Jones (aka Marta Towne-Jones etc) UPDATE!!! (op 2005)

Raventyde
04-02-2005, 09:07 PM
This message has been forwarded from the MHHR site. If you know someone who has had the same problems with this person, please forward the information to them. And check MHHR for more updates!

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/MHHR

As many of you know, I was ripped off in the Lorealei Jones scam. I have been quiet about the whole thing recently, at my local police investigators recommendation. His investigation is finished, and he has "okay'd" me to post the following nformation. For anyone who has been taken by Lorealei Jones, please note the following information: Go to your local police department. Provide them with this case number: 04-2220. Even if they do not have an Internet Fraud investigation officer assigned, if you provide them with this information, and have them contact the Richland Washington Police department with that case number (only Police officers will be allowed access to this information, so it does YOU no good to call!!), my officer will provide them with a complete report. Then, your officer can add YOUR information to the report, and forward it to the Boone County Sheriff and the Green Forest Police, which is located in neighboring Carroll County Arkansas. As those of you know, those are the areas where Lorealei Jones was conducting business. I have supplied my officer every bit of evidence, including all names of parties who gave me their permission, that were taken in by the scam, so he has some of you in his report already, but since I am the one actively involved in THIS case, they will only pursue MY claim, unless you can get your report in as well. My officer recommended you use the local law enforcement, as it carries SO much more weight with the local authorities. Keep in mind, my report may get nowhere, as my dollar amount is insignificant in the scheme of things, so in order to get this person stopped, it would put pressure on the local offices for them to do something if all these reports came rolling in. I am also talking to those of you in CANADA, and OVERSEAS! It cannot hurt to have YOUR local constables (if that is the right term) also get in on this. I wish you all the best, and here is to stopping this person!

Janice Williford

I will be filing my report on Monday, so best of luck to anyone else out there who's going through this hassle too. *hugs*

Neena ~

[edited to remove term in title not allowed in current Blab - and alert to age of op]

thebillybo
04-02-2005, 09:17 PM
I will pop into my old defunct computer and get all my info out as well. I will be calling.

Thanks for the info!

jeanneg99
04-03-2005, 07:29 AM
Although I was not personally involved in this situation, I just want to say THANK YOU for posting such an informative thread. People, this is what we SHOULD be doing to help one another - point out the scammers, then call their bluff by reporting them to the police. You have done a GREAT job working with your local police department. I wish more model horse collectors would take positive action and share information like this to help everyone out.

GOOD JOB! :cheer

Dr. Bork Bork
04-03-2005, 12:55 PM
Wow, I had no idea this was going on. I know Marta from other groups, and she's not exactly the last person I'd expect to pull something like this, but she's not the first either. From where I know her she is decent and fair. I hope the situation can be resolved calmly.

WSTopDeck
04-03-2005, 01:10 PM
Thank you for the information! I will definitely report.

thebillybo
04-03-2005, 08:06 PM
Wow, I had no idea this was going on. I know Marta from other groups, and she's not exactly the last person I'd expect to pull something like this, but she's not the first either. From where I know her she is decent and fair. I hope the situation can be resolved calmly.

Sadly she seems great at first. I know there are quite a few people, like me, who are out serious money. In the hundreds of dollars. Very sad situation. I am gathering my info today.

I do think "calmly" flew out the window years ago.

Just my .02...

Thanks again to those who have gotten this ball a rollin'!

cbetchya
04-04-2005, 07:31 PM

Well it was in part to being on other lists with Marta that it was nailed down that she was truly the "Lorealei Jones" character she kept denying that she was using. The address she was using for "Lorealei" was one she'd posted a year or so previous when judging a photo show as "marta"... and I posted the proof of that to MHHR.

Now Marta's using "DEE" Jones. Well I recall her daughter is named "Deeanne" or "Deeanna" or some such, so I wonder if it's really just Marta using her daughter's name.... Also the person posted on MHHR that they'd written Marta about that and she denied being "DEE", and that "*IF* her daughter had done this deal it was too bad, since the daughter is only 15, a minor, and unable to enter into contracts..." blah blah blah :bs

Well I know as kids growing up the HONEST thing to do, if your kids got in a deal and reneged, would be for the parent to MAKE them follow through and punish them for attempting to rip off someone... I guess that concept is lost in this day and age, or maybe just on some people...

Ponypainter
12-19-2011, 03:37 PM
Was this ever resolved with the police? I'm curious, as she has been posting a great deal on the NAMHSA-Discussion list.

solticeart
12-19-2011, 10:23 PM
yea Id like to know too.. Im very interested in if the police have actually done something to people someone online who rips off people.

Sweet Defense
12-19-2011, 10:31 PM
Well it was in part to being on other lists with Marta that it was nailed down that she was truly the "Lorealei Jones" character she kept denying that she was using. The address she was using for "Lorealei" was one she'd posted a year or so previous when judging a photo show as "marta"... and I posted the proof of that to MHHR.

Now Marta's using "DEE" Jones. Well I recall her daughter is named "Deeanne" or "Deeanna" or some such, so I wonder if it's really just Marta using her daughter's name.... Also the person posted on MHHR that they'd written Marta about that and she denied being "DEE", and that "*IF* her daughter had done this deal it was too bad, since the daughter is only 15, a minor, and unable to enter into contracts..." blah blah blah :bs

Well I know as kids growing up the HONEST thing to do, if your kids got in a deal and reneged, would be for the parent to MAKE them follow through and punish them for attempting to rip off someone... I guess that concept is lost in this day and age, or maybe just on some people...

It's true that minors usually can't enter into contracts (there are exceptions), but what happens is the contract is made null and void, with each person getting back what they started with. It doesn't mean the minor can keep the item and their money, if that's what happened here.

Ponypainter
12-21-2011, 02:42 PM
I just rarely see follow-ups for people threatening legal action where the person was *actually busted*, and then we have them resurface in the hobby again after a while like nothing ever happened. :dunno

solticeart
12-21-2011, 03:48 PM
yes this! its why I wanted to now what if anything has happened.. as far as i know everyone who has done this if they haven't backed down by threats and sent money or horses back...has gotten way with it..if just one person were to actually get in real legal trouble for this... it would help a lot.. it might make the next person who wants to do this think twice about it for one.. if stye knew women actually went to jail for this..... and it can help other people who have been ripped off know who to go about getting help.