PDA

View Full Version : I'm so disappointed!!!!!!!

luckenbachranch
04-04-2005, 04:58 AM
I bought four older CMs from a user of MH$p in January and paid with paypal via my friend Ulla!I never got the horses and the user- Leslie from Canada -(maybe now lives somewhere else-she told me of a move...)told me after three weeks she will send the horses on "monday"I didn't get them ever ,so we called back paypal.Paypal could't get it back as the paypal account was cancelled in the meantime!!!!
After we wrote another angry mail to leslie she refunded 25 $,which is only a small part of the ammount and told us we could keep the horses....Now: They showed up!!!Currently selling at wheelsoff again by a Gail.........I can't tell HOW angry I am so I want to warn You all!!!!!!I hope she refunds the rest of the money one day......
My friend Claudia did have the same problem with her and didn't get back nothing ,yet.Leslie refunded her 25 $ ,too,but then cancelled that so Claudia didn't get back anything,yet.
this is my first really bad eyxperience with oversea collectors and I think the worst thing of this is,that I NOW don't trust no one anymore and don`t want to buy anymore horses at wheelsooff now :mad :sigh :thumbsdow

ModelHorseFun
04-04-2005, 05:05 AM
That is real bad and I am very sorry to hear that.

Storys likes this kinda put myself off from buying at MH$p, however the couple of times I have bought from there were very good concidering I did hand over $250 + to the sellers. And the thought did cross my mind , what if I do not get my item ..

isabelle
04-04-2005, 05:06 AM
Awww! Thats sucks! sorry you had such a bad experience! :hugg

ModelHorseFun
04-04-2005, 06:08 AM
Just a thought did you pay by Credit Card through Pay Pal or account balance ?

If you paid by Credit Card , your Card company may be able to do something.

aelwyd
04-04-2005, 06:21 AM
sorry to hear that Juliane, i know how you feel.

MorBarbs
04-04-2005, 06:39 AM
OH NO!! Please this canīt be true, I bought the SAME 4 old CM models from her!!! Ha, at least I *thought* I bought them, seems like this is a one way deal, she gets the money and I still have not received my models! :mad
NOW I know why she would not take cc-paypal! So we canīt get our money back! I WANT MY $$ BACK!! :( :angry If I EVER meet this person, I will.... :grrr !

SeaWatch
04-04-2005, 07:07 AM
This is awful. I believe that most folks who sell on MH$P are trustworthy people. It sounds like you found the one bad apple. :(

You should report it to Carrie Sapp (the person who runs MH$P), so she can investigate, and ban that person from listing stuff for sale on the site. :thumbsdow

Mindy

MorBarbs
04-04-2005, 07:34 AM
I found some older threads, all about problems with this seller.
Here they are:

I am getting tired of this person!
Is there *anything* that can be done to get money back from a bank account paypal transaction??

tinnggg
04-04-2005, 07:38 AM
I think...if you'd asked around about that person, people would have warned you about her. I haven't had personal dealings with her, but I've heard many horror stories. Get this though; sometimes she actually follows through(!).

MorBarbs
04-04-2005, 07:49 AM
I think...if you'd asked around about that person, people would have warned you about her. I haven't had personal dealings with her, but I've heard many horror stories. Get this though; sometimes she actually follows through(!).
I did check her feedback on the MHHR-group and only found greenies for her, so assumed her trustworthy. :( Oh, why...! :sigh
Goodness yes, maybe I am one of the few lucky people to actually receive from her what they paid for?! :pray Miracles do happen.

pintopony66
04-04-2005, 09:28 AM
I just read in another post where Th72 just bought something from this Leslie in Canada, but PayPal payment went to a different person- I dunno, it's a little fishy to me, I just hope all of you get things resolved! :pray

tinnggg
04-04-2005, 06:29 PM
That's interesting. She must have at least made some attempt to be prompt and honest of late to get a bunch of greens. When I first heard of her, some 5? 6? years ago, the general consensus was run, don't walk, away. Even if she does follow through, it could be as much as 6 months before you ever receive your item/money.

Supposedly a very pleasant person to talk to though :D

cbetchya
04-04-2005, 07:06 PM
I did check her feedback on the MHHR-group and only found greenies for her, so assumed her trustworthy. :( Oh, why...! :sigh

Previous to the MHHR Leslie K had a notorious bad rep in the hobby.

All through 2003 and into 2004 Leslie K had -tons- of reds, even ALL CAPS REDS posted to MHHR about her. Then there was the "I"m trying to change.." and from about mid 2004 until present almost all postings about her have been greens with a scattered yellow or two. They've been posted by numerous separate people, as well, so it didn't seem a fluke.

The problem with yahoogroups 'search' feature is it's confusing as you need to hit 'next' instead of previous, and it only searches a thousand or two posts at a time, so to get back to the reds you'd have to go back a LOOOOONG way. It's always a good idea to not only check the archives but also ask on the list, since people aren't always listed in the archives or are so far back as to be nigh impossible to find.

If you're a member of MHHR you could do is post about your transaction there, thus warning others that all is not well and good in Leslie K-ville.

luckenbachranch
04-05-2005, 04:21 AM
I didn't ask anyone before I dealt with her as I never had any bad experience before,except one remaker in the 90ties.I did report this to Carrie and I hope the other people do too,who made such experiences.However,after I got REALLy angry yesterday and mailed this to her she refunded another 20 $ yesterday...maybe I can hope now to see the rest too.

luckenbachranch
04-05-2005, 04:22 AM
To Carol: I signed in to MHHR yesterday and wll report this story there too!

th72
04-05-2005, 01:04 PM
my goodness, that is horrible, Juliane. :( I am SO SORRY you have to deal with this! I just got my horse from Leslie. she sent it overnight after I got on her a little about not mailing the horse when promised last week. I guess I"m one of the lucky ones. maybe I can probe a little, and ask what's going on. maybe it will help!! :hugg I sure hope it works out!

MorBarbs
04-05-2005, 01:09 PM
my goodness, that is horrible, Juliane. :( I am SO SORRY you have to deal with this! I just got my horse from Leslie. she sent it overnight after I got on her a little about not mailing the horse when promised last week. I guess I"m one of the lucky ones. maybe I can probe a little, and ask what's going on. maybe it will help!! :hugg I sure hope it works out!

Oh my, just *how* did you make her sending your horse? I want to know!! I want my horses but all I received are stupid excuses!!
:(

th72
04-05-2005, 01:15 PM
Oh my, just *how* did you make her sending your horse? I want to know!! I want my horses but all I received are stupid excuses!!

I have NO idea! I think that she does generally come through okay and is trying to mend her ways. are your horses the same ones that Juliane tried to buy, but were sold to someone else???

Heather
04-05-2005, 02:37 PM
People who're interested in using MHHR might want to review this thread: http://www.modelhorseblab.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11185&page=1&pp=10 It isn't labeled as a thread for references on MHHR, but that's pretty much how it ended up.

luckenbachranch
04-06-2005, 06:54 AM
and I can't get my horses anymore as they are sold to another person.....I'm still waiting on the rest of the money-but I sure would have wanted the horses more,especially the appy and paint that are now sold on mH$P by the lucky one of all the people who bought them, that doesn't live oversea and got them............Some people might think that oversea-people can't do anything.....so it is easier to betray them!they THINK so but it isn'T!

MorBarbs
04-06-2005, 08:39 AM
--

Beyondanytherapy
04-06-2005, 09:12 AM
I dealt with her once - I Bought a horse from her, and she wanted to buy a horse I was working on later. It took me forever to get her to send the model, but she finally did. As for buying my horse, after alot of back-tracking and apologizing saying she needed to wait on someone to pay her before she could pay me, I just gave up and sold the horse to someone else. She never has written me expressing interest in that horse again, so my assumption was she forgot easily. She eventually did follow through, I just think you have to harass her a bit, and let her know you're still there.

MorBarbs
04-06-2005, 09:24 AM
Ok. After inquiring e-mail #1000+ :ever she finally seems to have shipped my horsies!!
Now I wait. And hope that I eventually receive what I paid for.

Geez, from now on Iīll make sure to double & triple check a sellerīs reputation before I send a single $ to someone! Is there another place besides the nowadays questionable MHHR to find out who is reliable person in the hobby?

Tina
04-06-2005, 11:32 AM
yeah right here on blab we have a great start to who is greenie and a reddie

pzp
05-11-2005, 11:06 PM
It's not MHSP, it's Leslie. As far as your refund, you're probably SOL.

TrishF
05-12-2005, 12:33 AM
I am so sorry you had such a rotten experience. Please don't be to quick to condemn all Canadians, some of us crazy Canucks still believe in honor and the value of our word. I have been frustrated many times by people that won't ship outside the US. I guess there are bad eggs everywhere!
Hopefully you get your refund.
Cheers,
Trish Forsyth

tipsy
05-12-2005, 07:39 AM
That's interesting. She must have at least made some attempt to be prompt and honest of late to get a bunch of greens. When I first heard of her, some 5? 6? years ago, the general consensus was run, don't walk, away. Even if she does follow through, it could be as much as 6 months before you ever receive your item/money.

Supposedly a very pleasant person to talk to though :D

Leslie *is* a very pleasant person to talk to...
That said, I did a trade with her, several years ago. She offered 5 OFs for a vintage CM, from my saleslist, which I thought was a bit much...
After several gentle reminders, she sent 4 models, and really, I was OK with that, as I thought her original offer was too much:/

I wouldn't want to deal with her again, though- I don't want to have to harrass anyone to get them to follow through on their end of a deal.

Intothesunstudio
05-12-2005, 07:46 AM
There seem to be a few people who are nice, but are extremely lazy with their shipping. It has only happened to me once, but I'm trying to be cautious and not let it happen again. I even have a list by my computer that I compiled of who not to buy from. I don't have time to keep remind and then harass people to send things I paid for promptly. I pay and ship promptly and expect the same from those I buy from. Granted sometimes you are not able to make it to the PO on the day you planned to, it's not difficult to e-mail your buyer, seller or trader and let them know of the delay.

Hope things are sorted out.

whitetailfarms
06-06-2005, 12:43 PM
I had a deal fall through with Leslie too! She is a nice person but.... I too paid over $200 for 4 cms one that I've always wanted by T-N-T and never got them. Finally after a year she says she sold them. She sent me an older cm by M.Pearce and a glossy ???ISH I didn't even want. Now she wants to buy the CM back. I think this is horrible. I feel bad if I have someones models that were promised to them but instead were sent to me. I still wonder who was sent my original CMs. I've had problems too... but have taken responsibility for my actions and tried to fix them the best I could. But it seams she is going about this the wrong way. I hope all of you at least get recompensated your money or get models you actually want.

WPDR
06-06-2005, 04:13 PM
If it's the gal I'm thinking of I got my horse but it had problems not stated when I bought him. And the horse in the pics turned just so I couldn't see them.

Mindy