PDA

View Full Version : Bet I get a negative out of this one.

HorseChick
04-04-2005, 04:29 PM
I should preface this posting my auction so that everyone will understand why.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7143689243&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESO%3AIT&rd=1

I listed an Irish Warrior (SLT SR Secretariat) over a week ago.

It sold for dirt cheap to a person with under 50 (all positive) feedback. The person responded to my invoice by saying that she would be paying for the model with a personal check.

Well, I had to email a reminder yesterday, the 7th day after the auction ended, to remind her that I haven't received payment.

I just received this in response:
"Sorry it taken so long an emergency came up so I got delayed sending payment I will be sending payment out on sat. I will be sending it by check I hope this is ok I'm still interested in getting your item again sorry about the delay. Debbie"

I reliped to it with this:
'I am sorry but this is not acceptable. My auction terms clearly state 10 days to receive payment or negative feedback will be given and the item relisted. You are more then welcome to send payment via Paypal or Priority mail to make sure the monies make it to me in the time allowed. Any payment received after 4/7/05 will be returned and feedback back left at that time.

Tracy'

I wanted to add that I've noticed that she has been bidding during this emergency and that if she had the time to bid she should have found the time to pay for what she has bid on and won.

So, I have a feeling that I'll be getting a retalitory negative after Thursday because i know she is not going to come through with the payment in time:(

:sigh

ravensgate
04-04-2005, 04:41 PM
I had the same thing happen to me. Took the woman 2 weeks, and as soon as I left negative feedback she mailed the check. She still left me positive though so hopefully she won't retaliate. I have gotten way more strict now as well, so I don't blame you. She also claimed an emergency as well. Grrrrrrr...somehow I didn't believe her.

Mithren
04-04-2005, 05:15 PM
She has excellent feedback, so maybe she is telling the truth. Who knows, though.

KatieMcc421
04-04-2005, 05:21 PM
If it were me in this situation, I think I would accept the payment a couple days late and leave neutral feedback. It just seems easier to me than re-listing the item. I also tend to go above and beyond to give people the benefit of the doubt.

I think that if this person is willing to complete the transaction, they shouldn't be left a negative. JMO.

pintopony66
04-04-2005, 09:36 PM
Wait a minute, she says shes going to mail payment out on SATURDAY... as in 5 more days from now?!?!
No, Trace, I don't blame you one bit- how bad of an "emergency" could allow you to still be bidding on other auctions, but not write a check for that little of an amount and stick it in the mail?
I'd hold off just a bit on leaving her feedback to wait and see if payment is made, even if it's late. Maybe she'll leave you a positive first, then you can leave her a neutral for her late payment.
If she leaves you a retalitory negative, you can always respond that she didn't follow your auction terms and payment was severely delayed.
Heck, if she sends payment next week, you can always still send her the horse even if you decide to leave her a negative on Thursday- just hold off on relisting him for a while.

Fkca46
04-04-2005, 09:52 PM
Again wait as long as you can but still be able to file the non paying bidder thing to get your fees back. It is always easier to wait a few more days then try to relist but it is totally up to you. But I still wish you luck.

Leesa
04-04-2005, 10:03 PM
If it was me personally in this situation, I would wait for the payment to arrive send the horse and leave a neutral - only because it would be easier than filing a complaint and re-listing blah blah

I know your terms clearly state when payment should be received and it's one of my pet peeves that people either don't read or don't care about payment terms so I understand you wanting to put your foot down. I think communication is key - no doubt if she had've emailed you and said "look, something's come up, payment *may* arrive a day or two late" you would have been a little more understanding about the situation.

Either way, I wish you luck :goodluck

reggieqh
04-04-2005, 10:49 PM
I hate it too when you wait & wait for payment....I'm almost sure that people like that bid & they really don't have the money so they wait it out & see if they can make it to their next paycheck. Then the "stuff happened" or "had an emergency excuse"... My sister was @ a horse show & made the final rounds & realized some auctions she bid on were ending while she was going to still be @ the show. She called me & had me sign in on her account & pay her auctions for her.
I am saddened w/ the fact that people bid on stuff & do not pay, or sell stuff, contact you for payment, receive payment then just ignore sending the item out...or finally ship the item out whenever they feel like it... It makes me very paranoid now if it takes a little while to receive anything....

but in regards to waiting for payment for an auction myself I always wait a little extra because I don't want to go through the hassle. I see retaliation feedback all the time because people didn't read the auction discription or didn't follow the directions!