04-13-2011, 02:42 PM
http://phpbb-mobile.com/

I can has, please?

RivnRo
04-13-2011, 02:43 PM
Pretty sure there was a thread about this being in our future :D

NatalieK
04-13-2011, 02:45 PM
A long time ago. Time to revisit the subject.

Wixom Aficionado
04-13-2011, 07:07 PM
A long time ago. Time to revisit the subject.

I concur!

Though they aren't blocked, I stay away from this site at work (despite massive temptation) due to our browser logs being monitored. My phone however, is great for this sort of thing. Id love to have access to Blab via it while at work. :D

Horse Lady 6
04-13-2011, 07:35 PM
Yes please!! :D

Kristi Hale
04-13-2011, 07:41 PM
http://www.forumrunner.net/

I am on a Civil War forum which uses the same vBulletin software Blab does. It has enabled Forum Runner and it is awesome. So easy to use.

mumtaz
04-13-2011, 07:53 PM
I read this thread title thinking a Blab Mobile would be akin to the Batmobile... I am so out of touch with technology, LOL.

RivnRo
04-13-2011, 08:16 PM
See I know it isn't optimized for it but I do find it runs quite well in Safari. But I sure wouldn't cry if it were even friendlier :D

Whinnie
04-13-2011, 08:36 PM
I read this thread title thinking a Blab Mobile would be akin to the Batmobile... I am so out of touch with technology, LOL.

Haha, me too. I was envisioning this golf cart going around BF, picking up blabbers :lol

RivnRo
04-13-2011, 09:02 PM
NANANANANNANANANANA

BLABMAN

NANANANANANANA

Blabman blabman...Blabman!!!

Awesome idea tho Whinnie

Horse Lady 6
04-13-2011, 09:25 PM
:lol I love it! We need one of those too, Whinnie!

HorseChick
04-13-2011, 09:40 PM
I can go on line and read/post to Blab on my phone now. :D I :adore my 4G Evo!

RivnRo
04-13-2011, 09:47 PM
I can go on line and read/post to Blab on my phone now. :D I :adore my 4G Evo!

I think many of us can but tidied and faster would be nice :)

RivnRo
04-13-2011, 09:49 PM
:lol I love it! We need one of those too, Whinnie!

Bet we could borrow the one from Alhambra... I have done crazier things with it

Horse Lady 6
04-13-2011, 10:13 PM
Bet we could borrow the one from Alhambra... I have done crazier things with it

... was my horse's health in danger due to those crazier things?

RivnRo
04-13-2011, 10:17 PM
Nope :D she wasn't even there

Horse Lady 6
04-13-2011, 10:19 PM
Okay good. :lol I don't even want to know what you did with it.

Erin
04-14-2011, 04:04 AM
I think many of us can but tidied and faster would be nice :)

Yes, I blab sometimes from my iPhone, but there is a lot of zooming that has to happen to make sure I click the right thing, haha! Like the "go to new posts" TINY button, instead of the thread title... its a big difference when it's a 100+ page thread!

bronzino
04-14-2011, 04:55 AM
vBulletin has its own mobile application in development (the link Nat posted is for different forum software than what we use). It was supposed to be released last month, but it is delayed. There have been comments about how vBulletin is working "closely with Apple" on it, so I am not sure if it is supposed to talk to other OS.

IeshaLover
04-14-2011, 05:21 AM
I think that Blab shows up really well on both my cell phone (Droid Incredible) and my iPad2. But, yes, Erin has a really good point about the zooming! :lol

bronzino
04-14-2011, 05:42 AM
I honestly miss my old Windows Mobile "Blackberry style" phone. It slightly reoriented websites so that they displayed perfectly on my PDA - buttons were a bit larger, no side-scrolling. I'm sorry that technology was abandoned in favor of displays that simulate the computer screen appearance... and basically require the *websites* to "redo" themselves in order to be functional on the phone. The phone is the aberration, not the website. It doesn't make sense that millions of websites need alt versions just to talk to a phone, when the technology to address that could be deployed by the phone OS designers.

I have to do a lot of side scrolling/zooming to see Blab on my mobile phone, and I also have trouble hitting the small "arrow" buttons. Half the time I accidentally hit the author's name (which is right next to the arrows) and get stuck on his/her profile. My Blab browsing experience via mobile phone went down the tubes when I went to a new touchscreen.

NatalieK
04-14-2011, 07:44 AM
My Hero wraps the text based on the screen size and all... But some of the links I need to "click" (more like zoom in and hope your finger hits the right one) are just so damn small. We're in an era where a good chunk of the population uses their phones to surf the net now, and for the subscription fee I think Blab can afford to make this upgrade.

HorseNut
04-14-2011, 01:18 PM
I can get to blab from my android phone....and even post some....but sure would be easier with a mobile version. Kinda like using the Facebook app as opposed to using the browser and going to Facebook. I can do either, but it sure is easier with the app.

Mary
04-14-2011, 03:07 PM
http://phpbb-mobile.com/

I can has, please?
Wrong bulletin board software, sorry 'bout that. :)

Thread from October (http://www.modelhorseblab.com/forums/showthread.php?111156-The-no-ETA-future-...-Blab-for-iPhone&daysprune=365). Other avenues are under investigation as well ... but it isn't going to be immediate. Is this for surfing from work, perchance? ;)

NatalieK
04-14-2011, 03:47 PM
Wrong bulletin board software, sorry 'bout that. :)

Thread from October (http://www.modelhorseblab.com/forums/showthread.php?111156-The-no-ETA-future-...-Blab-for-iPhone&daysprune=365). Other avenues are under investigation as well ... but it isn't going to be immediate. Is this for surfing from work, perchance? ;)

It's for surfing from my phone when I'm stuck at my boyfriends' parents house when he bugs me to come over there with him while 2 hours into it I've heard only 5 words in English and 5,000,000 in Polish. LOL

Mary
04-15-2011, 07:52 PM
It's for surfing from my phone when I'm stuck at my boyfriends' parents house when he bugs me to come over there with him while 2 hours into it I've heard only 5 words in English and 5,000,000 in Polish. LOLI see your problem. :lol I'd love to put this on Track Urgent. It's a time & resources trade-off.

BUT - I want this done, alot. Maybe not quite as desperately urgently as you, Natalie ;) , but I am very serious about this step for Blab. :woohoo

WolfMoon
07-26-2012, 04:32 AM
I am bumping this as I am admin for a vBullentin forum in Sweden and got a request to install http://tapatalk.com/ - which is an mobile app for forums.
It was really easy to install on the forum (as an external program) and then I registered the forum on tapatalk so people can find it.

Maybe something for Blab?

Mary
07-26-2012, 09:19 PM
click here - released July 5th (http://www.modelhorseblab.com/forums/showthread.php?136402-Blab-Mobile) :)

The thread above will be moved from Blab B'day to Blab Support in a couple of weeks.

Closing this thread.