PDA

View Full Version : Lora Spieser?

Amanda
05-28-2011, 06:39 PM
Hey!

Just trying to get into contact with Lora in regards to a medallion i'm supposed to paint for a customer...anyone have her email or heard from her? I tried emailing a few weeks ago but I never got a response...

Thanks! :hello

msbrown2468
05-28-2011, 06:43 PM
she has a new "stable name" and address...lemme find it and i'll send it to you...

michele (shelly) brown

Amanda
07-07-2011, 07:40 AM
I am bumping up this old threas, as I have STILL been unable to get into contact with Lora...has anyone heard from her lately?

msbrown2468
07-07-2011, 05:39 PM
i don't have any new info for you...the last time i heard from her was when she sent my CM resin - i emailed her about how much i loved the horse, but never got a reply back....
hope you can find her...
michele (shelly) brown

Jujube12
07-07-2011, 06:52 PM
I have a friend who has had an Ekemen resin with her for some time, and she just told me yesterday she can't get in touch with her either. :( Sorry.

--Julie

hi_d_hi
07-07-2011, 07:02 PM
Her FB page went away too.

Dr. Bork Bork
07-07-2011, 09:03 PM
Hope she is okay! Sending good thoughts :pray

Amanda
07-08-2011, 07:54 AM
Hope she is okay! Sending good thoughts :pray

This! I hope she is ok, and this is all a mistunderstanding....but...I've gotten a few replies to my MHSP add saying she owes other people horses....:sigh

FriesianFury
07-08-2011, 08:40 AM
This! I hope she is ok, and this is all a mistunderstanding....but...I've gotten a few replies to my MHSP add saying she owes other people horses....:sigh

I really hope its some odd reason she cant get to anyone or that she has something going and that she is ok. I really hope this is not going to be another Deb Loveless problem.

ocelota
07-08-2011, 09:03 AM
Didn't she have a house fire last year? It seemed like she was pretty active in the hobby until that happened...

Jujube12
07-08-2011, 10:48 AM
That fire was at least 2 years ago, if not more. I know because I waited a year after that happened to email her about my (already overdue) commission, and that email is dated December 2009.

I really hope this is not going to be another Deb Loveless problem.

Exactly what I thought. (mods, forgive me if this should be in the Transactions forum). Lora was nicer than nice when she mailed my Mindy to me and gave me several homemade soaps to make up for the delay, but it took a lot of :stickpoke from my end and I know that it has been very difficult for people to communicate with her over the years. I hope she hasn't dropped off the face of the hobby earth but it sure seems like it from the evidence people are giving. :sigh

--Julie

Lora S
07-18-2011, 02:26 PM
I am still here :)
I did email Amanda yesterday.
I have had to make some changes in my life and I had to take a break for a while. Nothing against anyone in the hobby or anything like that.
Thank you to everyone for concern about me.

I still have 3dequine for now, but I am (very slowly) making a new web site to broaden my artwork. it is www.evernightcreations.com...of course, not much of anything is working yet but feel free to look at it if you want to :)

My FB page does exist, but I have it on full privacy because of a wench that is trying to completely ruin my life....and I am not exaggerating. She is not in the hobby, just so everyone knows.

I have Kim's Ekeman done and packed and shipping today. He was one of the most challenging resins I have ever worked with and I will never paint another one, ever. I don't care if it is prepped or not. The resin is some weird resin that smelled like gasoline when I was drilling into it and I should have known right then to put him down, but I can't seem to give up. He was nothing but problems all the way through, but he did turn out beautiful in the end.
I had him for so long because I did not realize that he was paid for until Kim and I talked. Then I apologized profusely to her and started him. I have never forgotten about someone paying me before, and I still feel awful about it, but everyone loses a marble once in a while.

Now, I would NEVER - EVER screw anyone over and take off with their horses or money. That being said, I do understand the concern because of what has happened with people in the past. That is not me. I always try to make things right if at all possible. Right now, I am having a hell of a time with some medical problems and I have no control over this. I have told everyone in the last couple years that I am very slow getting things done, I thought I had made this very well known.
I am not going to air my dirty laundry, but I want you all to know I am still here, I am still painting and I will continue to paint and sculpt until I can no longer breathe. This hobby is my Love. I have made wonderful friends and I have learned and immeasurable amount about so many things. So, Please forgive me for not being here.
Between trying to keep my home, pay the bills and buy groceries, and not go completely insane, I have had to let internet go for a while. THAT is why no one could get a hold of me through email. While my net was off for a few months, my ppr email was hacked and it took me forever to get it fixed and now I have people thinking I sell things to make certain appendages larger, that you may or may not possess! Not to mention over 4 thousand emails in my inbox. I am not sifting through that all at once to find anything right now.

OK, I hope that answers some questions :) I am not mad or angry, I am just trying to get my life back together.
I do have internet now, and my checkable email is evernightcreations@live.com.
Many of you have my phone number too. I always give a client my phone number in case they need anything.

Sincerely, Lora

Gilder
07-18-2011, 02:28 PM
So good to hear from you, Lora! I was worried when people posted that they couldn't get hold of you!

FriesianFury
07-18-2011, 02:34 PM
Glad to see your doing ok Lora! Everyone has a few bumps in the road that need to get smoothed out before moving on down it :)

Lora S
07-18-2011, 03:48 PM
Thank you both :)

Julie, our house fire was Feb 3rd 2010.

Jujube12
07-18-2011, 04:19 PM
Glad you posted to Blab, Lora.

Julie, our house fire was Feb 3rd 2010.
Ah, I remember now--I had been inquiring about my commission before the fire (hence the 2009 email), and then when it happened, I didn't feel I could ask again until many months later. I totally understand having to let go of some things in life, including the internet, but I feel artists should always be in communication with their current clientele at the very least, no matter what happens. Even if it's only to say "Hey guys, I have to go offline for the next 3 months. I have your horses, everything will be OK." Otherwise everyone wonders what happened to the artist and make assumptions that may or may not be true. So, again, glad you have let us know you're still here and how to reach you, because this is really an ongoing problem in the hobby every now and then, with various people, unfortunately.

--Julie

Lora S
07-18-2011, 05:59 PM
Julie, I completely agree with you. I will make sure to try and keep people updated better.
I just got so overwhelmed when things do not go well, and when that happens, I withdraw from everything. Sometimes it seems that every time I touch something, something goes wrong or messes up and I get so stressed out that I have to step away from that particular piece for a while (sometimes it is longer than I want to admit) Then I feel so bad about it that I cannot begin to explain. I have no idea why I do that, but I have been that way my whole life. I truly don't mean to worry anyone about their horses. I just want everyone to know I would never rip them off.

I am currently getting the very last few pieces finished up and sent to their owners, it is slow, but I am getting them done. I have not forgotten anyone's horses and I only have 4 to go.

It has been over a year since I have put out a sales piece, so after I get everyone taken care of, I will have a new Johann resin sculpted by the lovely Morgen Kilbourn and painted by me. He will be up for sale sometime probably in September or October. He is such a beautiful sculpt. I believe he was limited to only 65 pieces. Please correct me if I am mistaken.

Oh, and The reason Amanda was trying to contact me was that it seems that the Kara medallion she is painting for someone went bad, I mean the resin went bad. This is my Kara medallion, so if anyone else has one that is oily or strange looking, please get a hold of me so I can replace it with a new casting. I am ordering new resin to replace hers. So far, that is the only bad casting that I know of.

hi_d_hi
07-18-2011, 07:02 PM
Glad your back and still in the game.