PDA

View Full Version : Anyone dealt with Lisa Pufahl or M.J. Heath?

nekomi
04-08-2005, 03:16 AM
1. I traded a Breyer Stock Horse Mare for a set of Sucesion and LeFire bodies earlier this week on MH$P. I received a USPS tracking # from M.J. Heath on Tuesday, and shipped my models that day. She mentioned that the tracking # wouldn't be good 'til Wednesday. So I checked and checked, no record of that # in the system. I emailed her to find out what was going on, and she said she'd been sick, but that the # would be good as soon as she mails the models. I thought that you only get that # AFTER you mail something? Does this seem fishy to you? I've never traded before so I'm kinda afraid of getting burned. ^^;

2. I'm thinking of purchasing a CM from Lisa Pufahl on MH$P, but would like to hear some positive feedback about her first. I'm sending her quite a large sum and I don't want to be ripped off!

Thanks guys!

MGR
04-08-2005, 07:06 AM
I've had a couple of different transactions with Lisa and she is excellent! She is at the top of my "will do business with again" list. You will not be disappointed! :)

bayba
04-08-2005, 07:43 AM
I've had a couple of different transactions with Lisa and she is excellent! She is at the top of my "will do business with again" list. You will not be disappointed! :)

:yeahthat Lisa is a sweetheart, and a pleasure to deal with. :)
Jen

th72
04-08-2005, 08:57 AM
I agree, too. Lisa is one of the sweetest most wonderful ladies in the hobby. I'd deal with her over and over and over again....especially with all those lovely goodies she has in her collection. :D

JulieB
04-08-2005, 09:10 AM
I've purchased from Lisa before and she was an absolute doll to work with.

I just sold a CM to MJ last week. Said she'd been down, but her hubby had sent out the MO. I got it within just a couple of days, so I'd give her a green, too.

Lipizzans4Me
04-08-2005, 09:51 AM
I'm not sure.. but I think possibly if she sent it USPS, she could get all her postage, tracking number..ect.. offline.. that is if she has an account set up with them. I could be wrong though? .. if she did get it offline.. it most likely won't show up until it has been mailed out.. my friend sends items out like this.. i'm not sure exactly how it works... but i'm thinking this could explain why the # hasn't shown up yet. I could be wrong tho... :dunno

nekomi
04-08-2005, 10:37 AM
Thanks guys!!! I'm glad to hear that Lisa is OK, since I really really want to purchase a CM from her!

As for M.J., I'm not really worried yet, so don't get the wrong idea! I just thought I'd ask about it. ^__^ I'll definitely post a followup as the situation develops.

bainbridge
04-08-2005, 11:37 AM
It appears I really don't need to add anything here but ... Lisa Pufahl is an excellent person to deal with. You will be very pleased with a transaction with her. tom :)

WSTopDeck
04-08-2005, 12:37 PM
Well, I'm certainly glad to hear this! I'm getting a CM from her as well!

allykatd
04-08-2005, 12:51 PM
Lisa is something of a personal friend. I've known her on and off for years (used to work with her and her boyfriend at a computer company called SCO). Last time I talked with her, she was moving to Hawaii, but I don't think she made it so I believe she still lives here in Santa Cruz where I live.

She's a wonderful gal and a very trustworthy person. If there is a delay, it's a legitimate one; she's not the type to make excuses.

Hope with all these postive thumbs up, you feel a little better dealing with her.

-Allie

WSTopDeck
04-08-2005, 01:37 PM
Nope, she's in Hawaii now. That's where I sent payment. :grin

allykatd
04-08-2005, 02:20 PM
Nope, she's in Hawaii now. That's where I sent payment. :grin

In a way that's a bit of a bummer, I miss getting coffee with her in the mornings. I'll have to drop her an email and see how she's doing.

-Allie

Sarah
04-09-2005, 02:09 PM
Lisa Pufahl is one of my best customers! She's absolutely wonderful.

nekomi
04-14-2005, 01:24 PM
Just wanted to let everyone know that M.J. Heath came through, no problem at all. Just posting to give her the green light!

Shinypony
04-14-2005, 01:40 PM
1. I traded a Breyer Stock Horse Mare for a set of Sucesion and LeFire bodies earlier this week on MH$P. I received a USPS tracking # from M.J. Heath on Tuesday, and shipped my models that day. She mentioned that the tracking # wouldn't be good 'til Wednesday. So I checked and checked, no record of that # in the system. I emailed her to find out what was going on, and she said she'd been sick, but that the # would be good as soon as she mails the models. I thought that you only get that # AFTER you mail something? Does this seem fishy to you? I've never traded before so I'm kinda afraid of getting burned. ^^;

It's perfectly possible to get a tracking number for a USPS shipment before it has been mailed. I do this all the time with the USPS Shipping Assistant software. Ideally, you are supposed to select your mailing date (today, today +1, today +2 etc...), print your label and mail your package on the appropriate day, however, it's certainly possible to mail it at a later time.

What you will generally see in the system is that the "Shipper has notified the USPS that a package is expected for mailing on x date" or some such wording to that effect. And then you generally, with Priority Mail, won't see any further tracking info until the delivery info is posted.

So, this could be legit... i.e. she printed the label, got sick, didn't mail on the correct day and will do so shortly. Or, it could be a scam to stall you. Keep an eye on things! If you paid by PayPal... don't let the deadline for filing non-delivery complaints slip away from you.

Best,

Cynthia Perry

nekomi
04-14-2005, 02:13 PM
Actually, I just posted that the deal worked out just fine. :) M.J. sent the horses out after she recovered from being sick, and they arrived in perfect condition. Thanks for the explanation, though!!

CementRoseStudios
04-14-2005, 04:02 PM
I don't belive that "M.J. Heath" is a real person... Or if they are, they are related/married to someone in this hobby whose name I will not state publicly.
A friend of mine traded a body for one of her models(and Heath was supposed to send it to me for customizing), and it took forever for her to send it to me, mind you, Heath had her horse a week before she sent the one she was supposed to.

nekomi
04-14-2005, 05:45 PM
Well, it did take her awhile to send my horses too, but they are here now, so I'd say it was a successful transaction.

Interesting though that it took awhile for your friends' horses to arrive, too...

hi_d_hi
04-14-2005, 06:45 PM
2. I'm thinking of purchasing a CM from Lisa Pufahl on MH$P, but would like to hear some positive feedback about her first. I'm sending her quite a large sum and I don't want to be ripped off!

Thanks guys!

I have a pile of tracking slips that I keep to have filled out before I go to the PO. The number is on them, it's just not good until it goes out. So what she says makes sense.

Shinypony
04-15-2005, 12:49 PM
Actually, I just posted that the deal worked out just fine. :) M.J. sent the horses out after she recovered from being sick, and they arrived in perfect condition. Thanks for the explanation, though!!

Yeah, saw that... but figured it's still good for people to know that one can get a USPS tracking number for an item without having actually shipped it. Keeps people more understanding when a similar situation crops up... and, lets them know that a tracking number isn't a guarantee of shipment either!

The best way to protect oneself is to be informed.

Glad things worked out well here! I figured they probably would, most folks are honest!

Cynthia Perry