PDA

View Full Version : Be aware: Buyer obiforever / Pamela VanCortlandt / Jessica Bradshaw / Toby Van

RavenwolfDesign
06-14-2011, 09:58 AM
Added: Link to new 2015 report (http://www.modelhorseblab.com/forums/showthread.php?168095-Pamela-VanCortlandt-STRONG-YELLOWS)

=========================

Hey guys I know I don't post on here all the time, I *try* to not be too involved on all the online things so I can get work done...things have been super busy lately and I work from home..so sorry about not being too involved but I do love all you guys! So I was wondering if you may be able to give any advice on this sour transaction.

I haven't sold much on ebay in a while, but I was given the opportunity recently to buy my favorite horse at a friend's farm, and of course can't pass that up with such a good price etc. and so I sold some horses on ebay to try to get quicker cash. One of them was the Stone MHB Honey which I was sad to have to sell but you can all understand for a real horse :)

I packed the horse in the mummy wrappings I always do and sent it. The buyer was a pain in the beginning because she asked me if she could do a buy it now and that she had really wanted it for a bday gift for someone and in this hobby we often do deal with people and so I dealt with her and we agreed on a price. Then after she got the horse, she says she unwrapped it, and saw a speck on the hoof, rubbed it and that the paint started peeling off the hooves as if it were a decal. She never provided any photo proof or asked for a refund or anything at this time. I suggested sealant and told her how to do all that and fix it up. She then got belligerent about how she shouldn't have to do this blah blah and from them on started changing her story in each email to me and still not providing any evidence. It is starting to get fishier and fishier and she is now saying that I obviously sold the horse already damaged and knew it was damaged etc. and is saying about how I sold other models for over 600 and that I obviously have money. She STILL has not provided any photos or actually come out nicely and asked for any kind of refund or anything. It just hurts that she is calling me a liar when I know this horse was pristine and came right from my curio to her door!

Personally I think she unwrapped it, saw a speck of lint, rubbed it and damaged it herself and is now mad and seeking to blame me...or she didn't damage it at all and is just mad that she had to pay more than she wanted, and is now trying to get money from me.

Her emails after the first have all been pretty nasty and accusatory and she has not once just nicely asked if there would be something to do to make it right. I think that was what has put me on the defense, is that she has just seemed unwilling to just show proof and ask nicely and give me a chance to respond before jumping all over me!

So what do you think? If it goes to a complaint with ebay, will they review the emails and see that I have been gracious and trying to offer suggestions and she has refused to provide proof or even say WHAT she wants to have done?

Thanks for listening :tantrum

Robin
06-14-2011, 10:14 AM
:grouphug This is what I hate about ebay! It's so darn convenient, but sometimes real turds ruin the experience for the rest of us.

In your situation, I think I would start with asking her for some pictures as proof of the damage, and then make an offer to pay her a small amount for the repair, or to refund her the money in exchange for the model. Buyers like her are people you really just want to stop dealing with...pretty much however you can. You're certainly not in the wrong--from what you said, it sounds like you've tried to do everything right--but I'm afraid you'll have to continue to bend over backwards just to keep her from making this nasty with ebay. But at least if you get some pictures out of her, you've got an idea what she's talking about, and a good place to start figuring out where to go from here.

ravensgate
06-14-2011, 10:22 AM
She can file with Ebay and not have to provide photos so I'd get a move on figuring out what the heck she wants. Buyers have the upper hand now. Yeah it sucks, but that's just how it is. I'd just ask her to send photos and what does she think is fair to resolve the situation. And give her options. Don't leave it open for her to become in charge of the situation. Tell her you will give her a refund if the horse is returned to you (she tried to dupe you by doing the BUy It Now and doing the birthday line of crap so many folks do). And I don't care if you have 'No REFUNDS' plastered all over your page. Ebay doesn't care and Buyer Protection basically makes your own personal rules null and void. Not sure if that's even on your auctions, just wanted to point it out for general knowledge.

Pictures FIRST. Then try to figure out what to do. She IS right in that she shouldn't have to repair it. RIght now you're looking at an Item Not as Described if she's telling the truth. Get photos, try to stay polite (though I know how hard it is with a rude person) and keep ALL messages within the Ebay system (no private emails!).

RavenwolfDesign
06-14-2011, 11:13 AM
thanks guys. Yeah Jaime I have kept them all in the ebay system and I have asked her for photos over and over and that is the main problem that she's not providing, and saying her hard drive crashed yeah right and that she had to borrow a camera..again..ugh!!! I will definitely not be dealing with this person again LOL. :hugg I think the main thing is just needing to vent even though I'll probably have to waste money on this loony.

Stitch
06-14-2011, 11:14 AM
The Honey paint jobs and the paint flaking off, I've had two do this. If there is a small speck of it missing missing it is really easy for the paint to flake off around the area with a little effort. I would ask for photos and see just what kind of damage is done.

PolarVrtX
06-14-2011, 11:23 AM
I have had a couple of buyers like this on eBay over the years, and my opinion is they were just fishing for a partial refund to get some money back. I said I would like to see pictures of the flaws, and they could return it for a full refund if they were not happy. In all the cases they quickly disappeared. I either never heard from them again or got a quick "oh, it's not that bad after all" kind of e-mail. Very sketchy!

If someone genuinely feels the item was misdescribed or something happened in shipping they will gladly send pictures and usually be happy to return the item.

Keren
06-14-2011, 11:23 AM
Make sure you specify the item is returned in the condition shown in the photos as a condition of receiving a full refund. Some folks are just nasty enough to trash a piece.

I used this tactic on a similar POS ebay buyer, and it worked - he shut up and put up.

Keren

RavenwolfDesign
06-14-2011, 11:38 AM
hehe thanks Keren yeah I'm hoping she'll either send the freakin photos and agree to something or back down!

RavenwolfDesign
06-21-2011, 08:17 AM
So this person is obviously crazy....I've talked to her and offered to give her a full refund for horse, offered to send her supplies and tell her how to seal the hooves, and offered to pay for repairs..IF She could provide photos. She claims she took them and that it took her 3 hours, and that she sent them but I never got anything, the emails were blank. She also claims her hard drive died, that her dad's in the hospital etc. Then after that I decided to report her because she keeps getting crazier and crazier and then she reported me after I told her I didn't' get the pics and that could she put them on something like photobucket. She claims to ebay that I wasn't answering her emails! Her last email to me before opening a case was completely crazy!! She said that I was forced by my husband to sell my horses :huh and that I just recently bought a 1000 stone model...again WTF because I did not do that LOL and never would've just told some random ebay buyer if I had..she says since I sold horses to buy a real horse AND bought a stone model, that that proves I'm dishonest.:tantrum I responded in her case a couple of times and then just clicked on the thing to ask for the horse back for a refund, but she is being a pain and saying she wants to have it repaired..which I still don't even know if it's messed up to begin with, her story keeps changing in each e-mail it seems! She claims that it'd be 100s of dollars to fix the hoof paint..yeah right..so I am at the point now where I'd like to send her some websites of any of you artists that could give a REAL estimate for her to fix the so called damage. I sent her a couple that I knew of off hand, but probably should send more. She says that I'm obviously not a collector and that I am too dishonest to be an artist :lmao what an insane insane person!!! oh and NOW she claims the box was actually damaged when the very first e-mail from her stated that she saw lint on the hoof, rubbed it and paint came off..now it's escalated to me being to blame and and dishonest because I sold the horse with damages and lied and sent it in a flimsy box and that they weren't even MY pictures :1hammer:gaah:hairfire:explode sooooo sick of this person!!!!! Thanks in advance for any help!! :hugg

Stitch
06-21-2011, 11:59 AM
ugh, well I really don't want to deal with someone like this. Could you please PM me their ebay ID so I can block them (from everything!)

Have you checked MHHR and here to see if anyone else had issues with this person?

RavenwolfDesign
06-21-2011, 01:09 PM
Sure April I will send you the name. I did search on MHHR and here and didn't see the name except mentioned once on MHHR as being someone who bought something and it was fine..so hard tos ay! Maybe they just snapped!!

Stitch
06-21-2011, 01:18 PM
Maybe an off day? Her feedback via ebay is ok and by the looks of it she has dealt with a few Breyer dealers (or at least one of them)

ravensgate
06-21-2011, 02:20 PM
Oh good gravy, please message me to so I can block this person. We're all stocked up on crazy here.

anniemare
06-21-2011, 02:31 PM
What *is* it this week? Sheesh!

MustangGina
06-21-2011, 02:45 PM
What *is* it this week? Sheesh!

People who missed the actual full moon and decided to make up for it? I don't know. I haven't experienced any issues with either of my Honeys (I have one of the run and the test for the run) but I have heard that the paint is a bit fragile on some.

RavenwolfDesign
06-21-2011, 05:09 PM
yeah crazy people a plenty!!! I even had a freaking yard decoration stolen from my flower garden last week..it was an LED solar hummingbird.

Ok so I already requested the horse back for a full refund, but today sent the buyer a couple of people's sites to contact them for repair quotes. Now I get an e-mail saying she has decided to escalate it to ebay for them to decide. I sure hope they don't make me give her a full refund AND let her keep the horse especially since she hasn't even proven any damages. I'm ready to throttle her!

FriesianFury
06-21-2011, 05:10 PM
PM me of her info too i would like to block her!

indefinitely_jaded
06-21-2011, 10:01 PM
PM me of her info too i would like to block her!

To heck with PM-ing people - I think at this point, with this level of crazy, the person deserves to be named. I know I sure as heck would never deal with her after reading this.

Stumbleine
06-21-2011, 10:54 PM
I second that - just give us her ebay name and her real name as well out in the open. At this point, what else can she do to you if she gets pissed you put her info here?!

RavenwolfDesign
06-22-2011, 01:01 PM
Yeah that's true! I don't even think she'll see it to be honest, since she is so whacko :lol and probably isn't even on here. Her ebay id is obiforever and she said her name was Pamela Van Cortlandt, but I recently saw that her e-mail name is associated with Jessica Bradshaw and the paypal account was Toby Vandervalk :huh so it's one of those that you don't know who is who!

I got emails from ebay saying they decided neither of us was at fault and they paid her 35 dollars for her time, but aren't making me pay it. So that's good at least, but still it is frustrating IF she did get away with something and since she treated me so badly and waffled so much on what she was saying in each e-mail it was something new.

Robin
06-22-2011, 01:10 PM
I'm glad you didn't have to pay anything! That buyer sounds like a real pain to deal with, and I'm glad that the issue is over for you.

RavenwolfDesign
06-22-2011, 01:25 PM
Thanks me too!! phew lol

Stitch
06-22-2011, 02:32 PM
One less wacko potential customer less won't kill you (but it might save your sanity ;) )

FriesianFury
06-22-2011, 02:56 PM
will at lest she didnt have to you pay and keep your horse. I would now block her from everything you can and forget her :lol

RavenwolfDesign
06-22-2011, 07:54 PM
yup I blocked her :lol

RockfordBuckeye
09-01-2011, 07:38 PM
I would like to add that I had this same person "OBIFOREVER" also purchased some from me on Ebay. She harassed me for days asking me to end my auctions early, lower my prices, lower shipping prices etc. She probably sent me 10 emails through Ebay in 2 days. She was rushing me because she said she needed them rapidly for a friends birthday. I did try to accommodate because I'm trying to get rid of a lot of my collection to pay some bills. So after going through all of that for her - then she sent me these crazy emails in all capital letters demanding exactly how I pack/ship the bargain basement items she got from me. So I reassured her about how they would be packed (at the bare minimum shipping fee because she had haggled me down to almost nothing there too!).

So after all that - now it's been 5 days and she hasn't paid!

Sorry I hadn't seen this post before and blocked her! I think I am going to file through Ebay for a non-paying bidder - get my fees back and re-list. I'm kind of scared to ship to her now for fear she'll make crazy claims etc.

turbogrrl
09-01-2011, 07:50 PM
OMG. this is why i HATE eBay!!!! i am so sorry you all are dealing with this. i will probably never, ever sell on eBay again.

FriesianFury
09-01-2011, 08:07 PM
wow someone is being a little ebay nut

shadow's storm
09-01-2011, 08:25 PM
ok, so how does one go about blocking this person?

RockfordBuckeye
09-01-2011, 08:50 PM
I think it's funny that 2 months apart she gave us the same story about needing the stuff "RIGHT AWAY" for a friends birthday!

I am a little depressed because even though she hasn't paid - when I checked Ebay - it's pretty much like I have to continue the transaction unless she backs out. Sigh. it's so peaceful now - I just fear the *&%$ will hit the fan when I mail her them and she tries to claim yadda yadda. So hubby and I agreed to take pictures of horses (very good ones) before we ship, take pictures the box/packing, add insurance/tracking and pray she doesn't try to pull at mess on us.

Of course that's IF she pays and for the first time - I'm actually hoping the buyer won't pay! :)

RockfordBuckeye
09-01-2011, 08:54 PM
ok, so how does one go about blocking this person?

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?bidderblocklogin&hc=1&hm=v%7F.rp*30ede7e

You just type their username in the box and viola! Blocked. She's on my list now :)

shadow's storm
09-01-2011, 09:09 PM
http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?bidderblocklogin&hc=1&hm=v%7F.rp*30ede7e

You just type their username in the box and viola! Blocked. She's on my list now :)

Thank you! I hope your transaction ends well

RavenwolfDesign
09-02-2011, 09:58 AM
:wow that is really crazy now we know for SURE that this person is a scam!! I am glad ebay didn't make ME pay anything personally for her BS stories..but they did give her money back anyway! Really really insane and this person is quite irritating and horrible!!

RockfordBuckeye
09-02-2011, 11:52 AM
Ok this will make you laugh. So 6 days after the "Rush" actions (that I ended early just for her!) ended she has finally emailed me back and said:

1. She can't actually afford both horses so can she only pay for 1?
2. She will "allow" me to relist the one she begged me to end the auction early on and perhaps I "might get a higher bid than hers"
3. Can I make sure to leave her 5 star feedback b/c she sells things for a rescue/charity and she doesn't want to "look bad" and discourage ppl from bidding on her things and therefore hurt the charity.

I had to count to 30 in my head...before I closed the Ebay window and decided I might have to take a sedative before responding to her!

ravensgate
09-02-2011, 12:19 PM
I'd tell her to shove it or not respond to her at all. Keep those unpaid items disputes open. If she doesn't pay after 4 days you get your fees back AND she gets two NPBs filed against her. So yeah, I'd just basically consider that you're on a 3 day weekend and can't respond to such nonsense. By the time your 3 day weekend is over, those NPB disputes will be closed (or you can physically go in and close them at EXACTLY 4 days after you file and I'm talking to the minute).

telepwen
09-02-2011, 12:20 PM
I'd tell her to shove it or not respond to her at all. Keep those unpaid items disputes open. If she doesn't pay after 4 days you get your fees back AND she gets two NPBs filed against her. So yeah, I'd just basically consider that you're on a 3 day weekend and can't respond to such nonsense. By the time your 3 day weekend is over, those NPB disputes will be closed (or you can physically go in and close them at EXACTLY 4 days after you file and I'm talking to the minute).

THIS.

RavenwolfDesign
09-02-2011, 12:33 PM
ugh I can't believe this person! She put us through hell with her attitude (hubby was furious too) and I hate to see that she's still doing it to others!

Robin
09-02-2011, 02:02 PM
:wow There's definitely something crazy going on with this buyer! I'm so sorry to hear that she's at it again. I agree with what everyone's said--if you reply at all, tell her that she won the auctions and is responsible for paying for the models. Other than that, just let the NPB case go until you can recoup your fees and relist.

RockfordBuckeye
09-02-2011, 06:14 PM
Yeah - cross your fingers. I was very nice (I thought!) - I left her a message and just said that I couldn't in good faith leave her positive feedback after she begged me to end auctions early for her and then backed out of paying. SO I said "this way we can both start fresh and you won't have any negative feedback" (which is reminding her that yes, I will leave negative feedback if she doesn't pay!).

Let's hope she agrees and you have allllllllllll blocked her!

ravensgate
09-02-2011, 07:05 PM
You can't leave her negative feedback. You can leave a negative comment as a positive feedback but you can't leave a buyer a negative so it doesn't matter. Stick with the NPB. Sellers think they have given up all power because of that feedback rule but you still have it by filing through Ebay. I've had two NPBs kicked off in the last 6 months. Means more to me than a little ol negative feedback;)

She can leave YOU negative feedback UNLESS those Non paying bidder disputes go through. Even if she leaves you a negative, once the NPBs go through Ebay removes them. That's been my experience anyway.

RockfordBuckeye
09-03-2011, 05:37 AM
Welp here we go! She paid! Figures...lol. Let's just hope she doesn't go for the back door "it arrived broken/not as described/etc.etc." discount.

Here was her touching final remarks to me:
"Despite personal problems I am facing, I borrowed the money to pay you, because as you so clearly put it, you were very accomodating and helpful. I am sorry you are so upset, but not as much as I am. You may not ever encounter personal financial issues, and must be very lucky.
Here is the payment. I will leave you 100% feedback if you do the same for me, as I need to sell items donated to my animal rescue organization and need good feedback.
Thank you for your help.
Pamela"

Nice....

MartyUK
09-03-2011, 06:56 AM
Jesus i'm sorry but if she hasn't got the money she shouldn't be buying!!

Martin Pateman (UK)

Robin
09-03-2011, 07:20 AM
Welp here we go! She paid! Figures...lol. Let's just hope she doesn't go for the back door "it arrived broken/not as described/etc.etc." discount.

"Despite personal problems I am facing, I borrowed the money to pay you, because as you so clearly put it, you were very accomodating and helpful. I am sorry you are so upset, but not as much as I am. You may not ever encounter personal financial issues, and must be very lucky.
Here is the payment. I will leave you 100% feedback if you do the same for me, as I need to sell items donated to my animal rescue organization and need good feedback.
Thank you for your help.
Pamela"

Nice....

She's still trying to pay the pity card, huh? Given her past record, I can't really feel very sorry for her. I hope everything turns out okay for you, though, and that she doesn't try the crazy "model was damaged" thing again. Let us know how it turns out!

Desmodus
09-03-2011, 07:30 AM
Her ebay id is obiforever and she said her name was Pamela Van Cortlandt, but I recently saw that her e-mail name is associated with Jessica Bradshaw and the paypal account was Toby Vandervalk

Blocked! I also blocked "ob1forever" since it's so similar and also located in California, just in case. Also will be cautious of those names in the future. Whoever it is is bonkers.

I need to sell items donated to my animal rescue organization and need good feedback

Okay, then why does it look like she hasn't sold a single thing on ebay? All of her feedback is under her "Feedback as a buyer" tab. She has zero feedback as a seller after being a member for almost three years.

Stitch
09-03-2011, 09:24 AM
Soooo let me get this straight. She is using an account both for personal and her animal rescue group?

Updating. Have you guys checked her recent purchases? She bought a barbie for $65.00 Sept 2, as well as a game for $30.00..

Sad song my rear end...

livotarkmas
09-03-2011, 09:56 AM
Wow, this thread made me angry. Can I have her address? I want to send her a steaming pile of my dog's creamy feces.

RockfordBuckeye
09-03-2011, 10:16 AM
No hate mail to her until after she gets the horses and doesn't claim they are broken :wink. I took about a thousand pix of them this morning before shipping, pictures of them packed in the box and pictures of the box. I also paid for insurance on the package. I am a big chicken. :yuk

I will let you know what happens (which will hopefully be nothing, right?).

bronzino
09-03-2011, 10:21 AM
Blocked! I also blocked "ob1forever" since it's so similar and also located in California, just in case.

fwiw, that user might be in Canada.

Desmodus
09-03-2011, 10:39 AM
The find a member search results said CA,United States. Their My World page also says US. It's quite possible it's just a coincidence and they aren't even related but as I said, just in case. :)

bronzino
09-03-2011, 10:47 AM
The find a member search results said CA,United States. Their My World page also says US. It's quite possible it's just a coincidence and they aren't even related but as I said, just in case. :)

yeah, you're right. When I hit the "Items for Sale" link from My World, it took me to eBay Canada. Probably I was on eBay Canada at the time, and just not aware of it.

There is a Toby and a Jessica Vandervalk in Northridge, CA. There's a person named Pamela Van [forgot the cited name] in Los Angeles. Animal lover, foundation founder.

Eviejean
09-03-2011, 11:21 AM

"Despite personal problems I am facing, I borrowed the money to pay you, because as you so clearly put it, you were very accomodating and helpful. I am sorry you are so upset, but not as much as I am. You may not ever encounter personal financial issues, and must be very lucky. Here is the payment. I will leave you 100% feedback if you do the same for me, as I need to sell items donated to my animal rescue organization and need good feedback.
Thank you for your help.
Pamela"

Nice....

Oh man, based on what she said to the OP & filed for with eBay - it sure sounds like she's setting you up for another round of "trying to get something for nothing" just from the bold part of the quote. Hope I'm totally wrong on that! :crossfingers:crossfingers Keep us posted on the outcome!

RavenwolfDesign
09-03-2011, 11:22 AM
Jesus i'm sorry but if she hasn't got the money she shouldn't be buying!!

Martin Pateman (UK)

that's exactly what I was thinking!!! You don't bid and then say "sorry I have financial trouble and can't pay" What a nutcase and I would be very interested if she does do the same to you and say it arrived broken..ugh.

MBPearls
09-03-2011, 11:43 AM
:wow

This buyer, she has some chutzpah. Insulting in her replay that hey, she shouldn't back out of something she completely dictated to her needs?

I would have refunded her money and re-listed the horses. No way I would have dealt with her after that. Of course, I probably wouldn't have sent her a reply in the first place - I would have re-listed the horses at that point.

RockfordBuckeye
09-03-2011, 07:50 PM
:wow

This buyer, she has some chutzpah. Insulting in her replay that hey, she shouldn't back out of something she completely dictated to her needs?

I would have refunded her money and re-listed the horses. No way I would have dealt with her after that. Of course, I probably wouldn't have sent her a reply in the first place - I would have re-listed the horses at that point.

I would love to have - but it's not an option on Ebay. You can only back out of a transaction if both parties "agree to it" - so i attempted to cancel the transactions and she paid. If I had refunded her money and refused to ship she could have me removed as seller (or at least "suspended" I think is what Ebay calls it) and leave me negative feedback. So the moral of the story is - if your buyer pays you have to ship and complete the sale - even if they are craa-aazzy!

Hopefully if she goes for the back door discount I can submit all the photos I took and save my butt.

I love that she implied I have never experienced financial hardship. Best not to assume! I grew up pretty poor and paid my way through college and ate a lot of ramen noodles. I am pretty familiar with not having much! I am also familiar with living within my means though (also known as: not bidding on things you can't afford and especially not begging people to end auctions early so that you can be the winning bidder on an auction you cannot afford)

At least she hasn't made any bizarro comments about my marriage yet or something crazy like she did for you Ravenwolf. Maybe those will come AFTER I prove that she broke the horses herself or something :wink

MBPearls
09-03-2011, 10:49 PM
I think everyone knows what it's like to have an unexpected bill come up - but I wouldn't ever dream of backing out of a sale that I dictated the way she did.

RavenwolfDesign
09-04-2011, 11:17 AM
Yeah she most likely will bring up more bizarro stuff if she does go that route that they are broken! I remember her accusing me of not having any experience in the hobby and obviously not being a collector and not being an artist LOL and all sorts of presumptuous things.

unicornwoman
09-06-2011, 10:26 AM
You can't leave her negative feedback. You can leave a negative comment as a positive feedback but you can't leave a buyer a negative so it doesn't matter.

If you do that, the buyer can have it removed.

ravensgate
09-06-2011, 10:34 AM
So the moral of the story is - if your buyer pays you have to ship and complete the sale - even if they are craa-aazzy!

OH no you don't. If I make a sale to somebody for a significant amount of money, I have to decide if a negative is worth that amount of money or if I can AFFORD to be out that amount of money due to one of these loons. I filed against a buyer one time and two hours before I could close the NPB she paid. She had waited almost two weeks to pay when payment was due in 7 day per my auction terms. I refunded her money immediately and told her that the transaction was null and void because she did not abide by my terms. She even left me positive feedback. But I was out the Ebay fees. Small price to pay for not dealing with someone like this. And likewise if I knew someone would be pulling crap trying to get a refund later and already being difficult, I would gladly not do business with them and take the negative. You have to weigh the pros and cons.

Furthermore, you could just not ship and wait for her to tell you the package hasn't arrived. Then refund her. She would have no proof you didn't ship. I'm not trying to sound shady here but you really have to figure out if the buyer is going to be worth the hassle when you already know the track record on her. If she even waited a day past your payment due date the transaction can be null and void and she can't have you kicked off for not shipping.

ravensgate
09-06-2011, 10:35 AM
If you do that, the buyer can have it removed.

Haven't had one do that yet (out of 4). Most people who are too lazy to pay are also too lazy to navigate through Ebay's system and try to figure out how to get comments removed.

Jonesbug
09-07-2011, 01:35 PM
Subbing.

RockfordBuckeye
09-15-2011, 05:19 PM
So they have shown delivered x 2 days now and I havent't heard a peep. Perhaps she is reformed!

Eviejean
09-16-2011, 06:35 PM
So they have shown delivered x 2 days now and I havent't heard a peep. Perhaps she is reformed!
Keeping fingers crossed for you!! :crossfingers :crossfingers

NatalieK
09-17-2011, 02:57 AM
Feedback (http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=obiforever&ftab=AllFeedback&myworld=true)

I love this one!

http://q.ebaystatic.com/aw/pics/icon/iconPos_16x16.gifBuyer showed excellent communication skills about why she couldn't pay for item.Seller: Member id fishinguy93 (http://myworld.ebay.com/fishinguy93) ( Feedback Score Of 80 (http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=fishinguy93)http://p.ebaystatic.com/aw/pics/icon/iconBlueStar_25x25.gif)
Sep-03-11 11:42

Follow-up by fishinguy93 (Sep-05-11 16:38):

Item paid for very good communication and trustworthy buyer thank you!!

-- (#110731647894)--View Item (http://www.ebay.com/itm/110731647894)

and another

http://q.ebaystatic.com/aw/pics/icon/iconPos_16x16.gifGreat communication! I really hope things start to look up for you Hun! *Hugs!*Seller: Member id gaitzofheaven (http://myworld.ebay.com/gaitzofheaven) ( Feedback Score Of 117 (http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=gaitzofheaven)http://q.ebaystatic.com/aw/pics/icon/iconTealStar_25x25.gif)
Aug-23-11 22:56 -- (#320739834305)--View Item (http://www.ebay.com/itm/320739834305)

and

http://q.ebaystatic.com/aw/pics/icon/iconPos_16x16.gifHad problems with buyer, resolved through ebay.Seller: Member id ravenwolfdesign (http://myworld.ebay.com/ravenwolfdesign) ( Feedback Score Of 289 (http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=ravenwolfdesign)http://q.ebaystatic.com/aw/pics/icon/iconTealStar_25x25.gif)
Jun-29-11 13:19 -- (#160591515269)--View Item (http://www.ebay.com/itm/160591515269)

freakofnature
09-17-2011, 12:07 PM
LOL! I wonder how much of that first feedback is sarcasm. :lol

bronzino
09-17-2011, 12:24 PM
LOL! I wonder how much of that first feedback is sarcasm. :lol

Oh I think that would be 100%. I really love how that was put, actually. :D

Eviejean
09-17-2011, 02:34 PM
Oh I think that would be 100%. I really love how that was put, actually. :D

I do too!

eBay REALLY needs a sarcasm icon.....
:lmao

RavenwolfDesign
09-19-2011, 12:13 PM
that's hilarious! :lol

RockfordBuckeye
09-20-2011, 04:49 AM
I haven't left her feedback because I am a little scared considering what she left for our dear friend:

Beware! This seller is a nightmare.Cost me money, time,misery. Ebay had to help! Seller:
Member id ravenwolfdesign ( Feedback Score Of 289Teal star icon for feedback score in between 100 to 499)
Jul-12-11 02:21
-- (#160591515269) --

Did I cost her money because I asked her to pay for what she bought and the time to sit down at the keyboard and click "PAY" ?

FriesianFury
09-20-2011, 07:27 AM
I haven't left her feedback because I am a little scared considering what she left for our dear friend:

Beware! This seller is a nightmare.Cost me money, time,misery. Ebay had to help! Seller:
Member id ravenwolfdesign ( Feedback Score Of 289Teal star icon for feedback score in between 100 to 499)
-- (#160591515269) --

Did I cost her money because I asked her to pay for what she bought and the time to sit down at the keyboard and click "PAY" ?

I think Laurie should fit this and get it removed from her ebay score

RavenwolfDesign
09-20-2011, 09:29 AM
Oh I never even saw that that was there! It wasn't there last time I looked..GRRR!!

NatalieK
09-20-2011, 11:21 AM

-- (#160591515269) --

Response: "I apologize if paying for your item (eventually) cost you money. :S)"

solticeart
09-20-2011, 09:08 PM
lol man.. this woman sounds really nuts... ask I bet you anything she buys things and always trys to get them for free... or half her money back.. if you contact the buyers that sold her that barbie I bet they would have a good story to tell too! nd me Id have thrown that one in her fae.. about if she is so broke why is she buying things like 65.00 barbies? you know lady we can see everything you buy on here...

Eviejean
09-21-2011, 06:28 PM
I think Laurie should fit this and get it removed from her ebay score
Absolutely she should fight that feedback.
This is when not being able to leave neutral or negative really hurts.
All potential sellers should be warned about that nutcase buyer!!
Thanks eBay! :sigh

bronzino
09-21-2011, 06:54 PM
If you look at this woman's FB history, she has done this at least three times - complained about damage and then refused to send the item back.

Eviejean
09-21-2011, 07:10 PM
And if you do a search of the current and recent auctions bid on by her in the past month you'll see that she's won around $300.00 or so worth of items. Yet she's "so broke" she can't pay for what she's won.... Sounds like a pattern to me!!

RavenwolfDesign
09-21-2011, 08:27 PM
ugh how frustrating..how do you go about challenging the feedback? I was looking yesterday and couldn't find anything.

NatalieK
09-21-2011, 08:33 PM
http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/feedback-removal.html#what

FriesianFury
09-21-2011, 08:35 PM
ugh how frustrating..how do you go about challenging the feedback? I was looking yesterday and couldn't find anything.

I think you can do it here but im not sure since I never done it, I'll have to do more digging less someone knows how http://pages.ebay.com/community/mutualfeedbackwithdrawal.html

EDIT lol posted the same time as Nat

Katie89
04-23-2013, 12:33 PM
Sorry to dredge up an old thread, but I really wish I would have seen this thread 2 weeks ago. I am having a similar problem with the same eBay buyer. She has left me negative (my first ever) 1 hour after messaging me about a supposed issue. I keep asking for photos, but I never get them.

onekindacowboy
04-23-2013, 01:00 PM
blocked this buyer

I would contest the negative....

Katie89
04-23-2013, 01:16 PM
I will share the whole story when I get the chance, but it is pretty much the same situation as the OP.

She is blocked. The case is still open. Hoping the negative can be removed.

Mary
04-23-2013, 01:24 PM
mod note to let readers know ... this thread is now stickied in TTB, meaning it will stay visible - edited the title to alert on the Ebay name

Kieya
04-25-2013, 06:25 PM
Yes, please LMK this person as well. Need to block her too.

THanks, Debb

Katie89
05-08-2013, 04:59 PM
Alright. Here is my story with this buyer.

And before I start, yes I dealt with (or so I think) a lady named Pamela, the shipping address to someone named Toby, and the e-mail address does appear to possibly be Jessica.

I sold 2 Companion Animal Goat still in package. She said they would be used to fundraise for the animal shelter and that the money was coming out of her pocket. She talked me down quite a bit on them (I figured it was going to a good cause so what the heck).

She asked me to package them in a box to prevent damage because packages were getting smashed with her mail delivery. So I did, which I would have done anyway.

I am going to paraphrase a lot from here on out, just for the sake of space and sanity.

And please note, that I did not see this thread until after the last message was sent on April 18th.

April 16th - Well, a day after they were delivered, I show having a case opened on one of the goats. It was an item not as described case with a message saying that she was very upset and that “You did not tell me that the left hind leg is totally bent out of shape! (Besides the paint missing off the hock or "heel" part of leg.) It is still unopened in its package.” She asked what am going to do about this and that she would not pay shipping back.

Around 10 minutes later I respond:
Asking her politely to please send me photos and that I would not intentionally not disclose any flaws, etc...

And then not a few minutes after I sent that I get an eBay message saying that:
She tried contacting me directly but ebay tricked her into opening a case. She said that was not her intentions, the system isn’t working and that this all is taking a lot of time which is making her more upset. Then she proceeds to say what she said in the case about the “bent leg.”

I responded back immediately, saying I am sorry about her being upset but I need to see photos (all politely and I thought non-confrontational).

2 days passed, April 18th I offered the refund option with a return through the eBay Resolution Center.

I get a message that same day saying she will not pay shipping on a damaged item (her grammar style also changed) and that these were supposed to be for volunteers and now that can’t happen, that she could have found them elsewhere. Said she will take photos and escalate the case to eBay.

I respond that I will do my best to work with her, all I asked were for photos to determine how to proceed. If I made a mistake, I would do my best to make it right but honestly I feel that no matter what I do it will not be right in her eyes.

And she respond that I am right there is not anything I can do to make it right, time is money rescuing animals and getting the card out and taking photos is time. She said apparently I think she is making this up and she trusted me to represent my items correctly and that she would take the photos and send them to ebay, rather than continue dealing with this

So I told her that I hope she never makes any mistakes and that I am only human, people make mistakes, if I made one I will do my best to make it right.

She responded that she is under a lot of pressure (sick animals, etc..), she’ll send me the photos first, but said that I appear totally unsympathetic.

And the last message I sent her was that
I have to treat you like any other buyer, I ask for photos…To me, it is the only fair way to determine the proper resolution. That is just the way it is…But believe me, I am very sympathetic. I feel really bad if I did make a mistake and you have to deal with all of this. I respect what you do.

Well I didn’t hear anything from her until today: May 8th where she escalated the case to eBay.

So we’ll see what happens, does anyone have any suggestions? I have never had a case get escalated to eBay like this.

Erin
05-08-2013, 05:05 PM
Just out of curiosity - what is the total dollar amount in question?

Katie89
05-08-2013, 05:08 PM
Just out of curiosity - what is the total dollar amount in question?

The goat she is upset about is $15.00

And yes, that does include shipping.

Erin
05-08-2013, 05:11 PM
The goat she is upset about is $15.00

And yes, that does include shipping.

:doh

Sorry you're dealing with this, and I hope it resolves in your favor!

Katie89
05-08-2013, 05:13 PM
Thank You. I'll know in 48 hours. She already left negative feedback (an hour after she initially contacted me by the way). I thought I was doing something good and well :doh

EDIT: And as my brother pointed out, all that time she was messaging me, she could have had photos taken. I know that is the first thing I do when I receive an item damaged.

Katie89
05-08-2013, 07:06 PM
Well Case Closed. Although I am happy I don't have to reimburse the buyer, but the buyer DID get their way by getting $15.00 refund from eBay. I am just yeah...

Any suggestions on how to fight the negative?

Beethovens7th
05-08-2013, 07:37 PM
Sorry you had to endure this and i hope you can contest the negative successfully. i endured her twice.:doh But thanks to you, i have been reminded to block her.:hugg

Katie89
05-08-2013, 07:44 PM
:hugg

I wouldn't doubt she'll do the same thing again. Let's just hope more and more people become informed about the username.

I bet they won't remove the negative since technically the case wasn't decided in my favor but more of a tie, although it will not impact my seller ratings (they count cases against you that were closed without seller resolution). I will probably try to call eBay tomorrow. I have seen from other sellers (not hobby related) have the same thing happen (buyer gets item and $) but eBay wouldn't remove the negative.

turbogrrl
05-08-2013, 07:51 PM
I have taken to photographing everything I sell. I take photos of the item all wrapped up, photos of the sealed box AND photos of the addresses. People never cease to "amaze" me.

pzp
05-09-2013, 03:50 AM
Well Case Closed. Although I am happy I don't have to reimburse the buyer, but the buyer DID get their way by getting $15.00 refund from eBay.

Didn't Ebay collect the $15 from you? That's why you have to have a credit card or Paypal account registered with them in order to sell.

Beethovens7th
05-09-2013, 08:16 AM
I have taken to photographing everything I sell. I take photos of the item all wrapped up, photos of the sealed box AND photos of the addresses. People never cease to "amaze" me.

:lol Funny you should mention this! The last thing i took a pic of all packaged up with the addresses and everything, was the thing i shipped to her (obiforever)!!! Ironically, she told me she thought of refusing it since the Post Office SUPPOSEDLY smashed up the box it came in!:gaah

:hugg

I wouldn't doubt she'll do the same thing again. Let's just hope more and more people become informed about the username.

I bet they won't remove the negative since technically the case wasn't decided in my favor but more of a tie, although it will not impact my seller ratings (they count cases against you that were closed without seller resolution). I will probably try to call eBay tomorrow. I have seen from other sellers (not hobby related) have the same thing happen (buyer gets item and $) but eBay wouldn't remove the negative.

Hubby told me to call eBay, myself, and complain about her and tell them about what she is doing to other eBayers.:(

Katie89
05-09-2013, 08:26 AM
Didn't Ebay collect the $15 from you? That's why you have to have a credit card or Paypal account registered with them in order to sell.

Nope. They specifically told me I do not have to pay the $15.00 refunded. It is coming out of eBay's pocket. And the buyer gets to keep the merchandise and money. The bolded part is what has me so frustrated. I bet they didn't even ask to see photos (the case was escalated and less than 5 hours later, the case was closed.

Katie89
05-09-2013, 08:28 AM
Hubby told me to call eBay, myself, and complain about her and tell them about what she is doing to other eBayers.:(

I am gathering my thoughts on what to say to the eBay rep. Just not sure how much good it will do.

Beethovens7th
05-09-2013, 08:31 AM
I am gathering my thoughts on what to say to the eBay rep. Just not sure how much good it will do.

Well. You are a waaayyyy bigger seller than i am! Seems to me you should/would have more clout!:yes How old were you when you started selling?(If you don’t mind my asking:))

Katie89
05-09-2013, 08:45 AM
Well. You are a waaayyyy bigger seller than i am! Seems to me you should/would have more clout!:yes How old were you when you started selling?(If you don’t mind my asking:))

I started small ($600/year) when I was about 20 years old, just to have a little money for college, started it with a little bit of savings I had. I progressively increased and it snowballed into what it is today (I will be 24yr in about 1 month and 1 week ;) )

Beethovens7th
05-09-2013, 08:49 AM
I started small ($600/year) when I was about 20 years old, just to have a little money for college, started it with a little bit of savings I had. I progressively increased and it snowballed into what it is today (I will be 24yr in about 1 month and 1 week ;) )

:wow That is AWESOME! :yaymiller And you are so humble, too!:)

Katie89
05-09-2013, 08:53 AM
:wow That is AWESOME! :yaymiller And you are so humble, too!:)

Thank You :hugg

Beethovens7th
05-09-2013, 08:54 AM
Thank You :hugg

You are most welcome!:):hugg

Katie89
05-10-2013, 10:12 PM
I am so confused right now.

I just got a positive feedback from the same buyer (if you'll remember she bought 2 goats) for the OTHER goat:

"AAA+++Beautiful, mint, I APOLOGIZE for INCORRECT negative feedbk on cream goat!!"

Katie89
05-10-2013, 10:24 PM
She has requested that I send a feedback revision request (through a reply on the negative feedback). So I did. We'll see what happens I guess.

Amanda
05-13-2013, 04:25 PM
I think my brain just expoloded. HOlY COW. :doh

Katie89
05-13-2013, 05:11 PM
I think my brain just expoloded. HOlY COW. :doh

:lol You and me both.

She did revise and positive was left:

Seller refunded money& didnt realize it was damaged.Gave her no time to respond

Then about 10 minutes later she followed up to the above feedback:

Do have photos to show damage, as you requested, but had no time to send yet.

Sooo....yeah.

windfall
05-13-2013, 09:51 PM
Hobby folk! BEWARE of this buyer, Pamela VanCortlandt aka Jessica Bradshaw aka Toby Vandervalk. She is now fishing for free/cheap models on MH$P!

I really should have followed my gut and just not dealt with her at all. She sent me several demanding emails in a period of 2 days based on an ad I posted on MH$P. I am working full-time and out of town, so I didn't respond right away. She sent me long stories about having a rescue organization, and asked if I would be willing to "donate" the horse. Then she pleaded to make it less than $60 because "that is all that is left on my credit card". I wasn't interested in giving this particular horse away, even though he is a regular run Breyer from the late 90's, but I took $25 off my asking price and sold for just $50. Then she requested photos. I sent her nice, large photos, but they "aren't clear like everybody else's pictures". On one of my rare days off work, I took several photos from several angles in clear daylight and sent them to her. She asked several specific questions regarding condition and his accessories, then suddenly paid for it, then sent me an email requesting that I not send it yet until she confirms she wants it. I bluntly told her that the horse probably will not meet her (ahem, unrealistic) standards, and I gave a list of all his flaws along with pictures of those flaws. She then requested that I send the package insured even though she didn't pay the extra fee I stated in an earlier email... and with how crazy she seemed, I paid it, thinking better safe than sorry. I was always cordial, honest, and helpful in my emails.

Imagine my lack of surprise when she received the horse and started sending me long, emotional emails about how truly upset she is with me for wrongfully advertising my horse on MH$P... keep in mind that I wrote nothing in the ad other than name and price, it was just a simple sales list. She insists that his gray shading (on a gray horse) is a stain/mark that cannot be removed, and that she is going to contact the owner of MH$P for misrepresenting items and also "take further action which I will do without explanation to you". I really don't appreciate threatening language over something like that. I sent her one final email explaining that I truly believe it is his original factory finish to have the varied shading; he has always looked that way and I am the original owner. I apologized that she wasn't happy with him, but I'm not paying for shipping if she decides to return him. I don't accept returns for my ads anyway, considering I'm so rarely at home to retrieve packages. This entire transaction has been utterly EXHAUSTING.

[mod edit: Removed speculation not allowed in TTB.] For people who have shipped to her, feel free to google/satellite view her house... a huge California house in a neighborhood with a pool in every back yard? Somehow, I wouldn't believe *any* of her pity stories. I have also blocked "obiforever" on ebay.. she actually purchased some horses from me years ago without issue, besides the long messages about packing extra carefully because USPS has been beating up all her packages recently. [mod edit: Removed speculation not allowed in TTB], so beware.

Katie89
05-13-2013, 10:05 PM
Ugh! Ridiculous. That's the thing, some transaction go perfectly fine yet she decides on certain ones to have issues with. I see she doesn't have much feedback on MHHR, except for a couple a few years back.

Beethovens7th
05-13-2013, 10:16 PM
Katie, just make sure after you are finished with all this that you block her!!!:yes

Katie89
05-13-2013, 10:18 PM
Katie, just make sure after you are finished with all this that you block her!!!:yes

Waaaaayyyy ahead of you :) I did that the moment I read this thread.

Beethovens7th
05-13-2013, 10:28 PM
Waaaaayyyy ahead of you :) I did that the moment I read this thread.

Good good good!
Husband suggests i call eBay.

Stitch
05-13-2013, 10:30 PM
public info:

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/pamela-van-cortlandt/42/613/430

DecemberRain
05-13-2013, 10:54 PM
:snort: She writes screenplays..... 'Nuff said.

Sara Wolf

NWgal
06-05-2013, 11:21 PM
Hobby folk! BEWARE of this buyer, Pamela VanCortlandt aka Jessica Bradshaw aka Toby Vandervalk. She is now fishing for free/cheap models on MH$P! I really should have followed my gut and just not dealt with her at all.

<--- Amen to that! I *so* wish I had seen this threat before I sold an OF Breyer to "Pamela" recently after she responded to an ad of mine on MH$P. After 30 or so emails back and forth, in which she asked a number of very detailed and repetitive questions (I responded with as much info as I could give her, including a number of photos from all angles and detail views) and also requested I donate the shipping costs to her horse rescue (?!), I somehow still thought it was a good idea to sell to her. Ugh. She sent me payment through Paypal and I shipped the horse (very well packaged) the next day. Upon receipt, she shot off a VERY nasty email to me alleging that I had withheld information about the condition of the model and claiming that he had all sorts of damage (crushed nose/side of face, yellowed, etc.), which definitely was not the case when I packed him up very carefully. She threatened to "take action" if I didn't do something to fix it. No joke, I had sent this woman a dozen photographs of the model before she bought him, and any of the things she complained about should have been obvious from the photos IF they actually existed!

I managed to hold my tongue and simply responded with a short email stating I was sorry she wasn't pleased with him, and that I would give her a full refund if she repacked him carefully up in his original packaging and shipped him back to me. I also noted that he was insured for the sale price ($50), and if she felt the damage arose from post office mishandling then she could file a claim with USPS. She replied the same evening in a MUCH nicer tone, apologizing for her accusations and saying she just had another deal go sour on MH$P so she expected I would be similarly difficult to deal with. She also acknowledged that I had packed him very well, and said the factory had really screwed up his nose and eye (not something I ever noticed, but in any case, that area certainly was shown in detail in the photographs). I didn't reply again, and I haven't heard a thing from her since, several weeks ago now. My suspicion is she was hoping I would offer to give her a partial refund, and she doesn't want to send him back (since there is nothing wrong with him!) for the full refund.

In any case, after seeing this threat I feel pretty foolish for not doing a quick search here before I sold to her. Hopefully others will not make the same mistake. AVOID, AVOID, AVOID! :(