PDA

View Full Version : A few questions, Heather

wobbler_kitty
07-30-2004, 04:38 PM
1. Is there going to be a link to chat on the main forums page rather than just on the home page? And, will there be a way to see who's on chat like the old Blab? Like it was at the bottom of the forums page?
I did check it out last night and chat works for me ( I know a few were having trouble with it) and it looks cool. I Like all the options you can play around with.

2. It seems like when I'm on for a little while that all the paw prints turn light blue and thread titles turn not bold even though I haven't read them yet. I've missed a few new posts/threads because of this. Just wondering if it's a bug still being worked out.

3. How come in OT, there aren't that many threads? I mean it seems like there were more and they keep disapearing. There were like 8 threads the other day and now it's down to 6. And I don't have it set that way to only show a few threads on one page. I use the forum default on that stuff. I haven't noticed this in any other forum but I don't visit all of them either. No need to go into The Kiln, Artists Announcements, Tack Room, and a few others.

Just a few minor things. Thanx in advance!

Heather
07-30-2004, 04:47 PM
1. Is there going to be a link to chat on the main forums page rather than just on the home page? And, will there be a way to see who's on chat like the old Blab? Like it was at the bottom of the forums page?
I did check it out last night and chat works for me ( I know a few were having trouble with it) and it looks cool. I Like all the options you can play around with.I'm going to ask Kate about that - she said something about "integrating" chat, and I'm not sure if that means anything like that or not, but I'll keep you advised! I'm so glad you like it!

2. It seems like when I'm on for a little while that all the paw prints turn light blue and thread titles turn not bold even though I haven't read them yet. I've missed a few new posts/threads because of this. Just wondering if it's a bug still being worked out. I have the opposite problem - they STAY bold, even when all the little envelopes inside stay closed. I have to manually mark the forums read. I'm not sure about that.

3. How come in OT, there aren't that many threads? I mean it seems like there were more and they keep disapearing. There were like 8 threads the other day and now it's down to 6. And I don't have it set that way to only show a few threads on one page. I use the forum default on that stuff. I haven't noticed this in any other forum but I don't visit all of them either. No need to go into The Kiln, Artists Announcements, Tack Room, and a few others.

Just a few minor things. Thanx in advance!I noticed that about the OT forum just a few minutes ago, too. VERY strange. I'll have to check into that.

Heather
07-30-2004, 04:51 PM
3. How come in OT, there aren't that many threads? I mean it seems like there were more and they keep disapearing. There were like 8 threads the other day and now it's down to 6. And I don't have it set that way to only show a few threads on one page. I use the forum default on that stuff. I haven't noticed this in any other forum but I don't visit all of them either. No need to go into The Kiln, Artists Announcements, Tack Room, and a few others.Ooh! Ooh! :uh I just figured it out. At the bottom of the forum, there's a drop-down menu that lets you select how many days' worth of posts to view - change that, and viola! They show up! On the Forum Index it says there's something like 144 threads in there, so they're there (except for what was old and parsed right before we moved).

wobbler_kitty
07-30-2004, 05:03 PM
Oh duh! I thought I was doing that! BUT, I did notice that when you do choose how many threads to show, that it doesn't stay that way! I thought 2 months would be good for all the forums I like but when I went back, it went back to the way it was before. For some reason, most (if not all) forums show threads from the last month. OT only shows threads from the last day. Is that something you have to set?

wobbler_kitty
07-30-2004, 05:07 PM
Another thing, (yeah, I don't have enough questions!), when you click on Blab home, it just keeps you on the main forums page. It's like you have to log back on to view the home page with the links to chat, etc.