PDA

View Full Version : Amy Christopher? No shipping

LC Kiko
12-22-2011, 07:35 PM
My boyfriend wanted to get a TH Grey Lady Phase for me for Xmas, sold on MH$P by Amy Christopher. He was sent the invoice and paid (via PayPal), but the ad has not changed and Amy doesn't seem to be replying to his emails asking about when it is to ship. The same week, I noticed her ad for another LP go from "sold" to "shipped", but nothing on my grey. :dunno

I'm curious to know if anyone has any info on Amy? I looked here and on MHHR and saw greens but also saw a few posts about her lacking in communication. Nate (boyfriend) was asking about the Wedgewood she had for sale at the same time, but was told it sold to someone else. He's not heard from her since then, even after sending payment.

Thanks

Kris Apelgren, Liepa Creek

LC Kiko
12-26-2011, 11:28 PM
Update....Well, Amy has still not yet replied to Nate's emails nor has he received notification of the model shipping. He has opened up a dispute with Paypal. Hopefully that will get her attention.

Kris Apelgren

appyluvr
12-26-2011, 11:57 PM
I bought two horses from Amy in two separate transactions a month or two ago and I am very happy with the horses and service provided. My emails were answered and horses were shipped in a reasonable time frame. I wouldn't hesitate to do business with her again. I hope that she is okay. And I hope you get your transaction sorted out.

Sue Feezor

LC Kiko
12-27-2011, 10:59 AM
I bought two horses from Amy in two separate transactions a month or two ago and I am very happy with the horses and service provided. My emails were answered and horses were shipped in a reasonable time frame. I wouldn't hesitate to do business with her again. I hope that she is okay. And I hope you get your transaction sorted out.

Sue Feezor

Thanks for the input. I looked for references/transactions with her on here and on MHHR, and saw only greens but a few people had said they had trouble communicating with her at times. I wouldn't think she would just ignore someone - it doesn't seem like she would do something like that with the Greens she has. :/ I know Nate isn't technically part of "the hobby" but it doesn't seem like she would just ignore someone wanting to do business with her. :dunno

I also hope she is alright - I know holidays can be hectic.

RivnRo
12-27-2011, 11:42 AM
Perhaps contact from a different email address? Her spam filter may be nabbing em??

Crappy situation :(

Shauna mcdaniel

cherrywood
12-27-2011, 11:49 AM
I got ahold of her on Friday with the email from MH$P not the paypal one.

LC Kiko
12-27-2011, 12:07 PM
Thanks ladies for the replies. Hopefully she'll get back to Nate - I did tell him to try from another email address.

LC Kiko
12-30-2011, 10:26 PM
Small update:

I have been in contact with Amy and she has been very busy. She was apologetic about lack of replies, but has been very, very pleasant with our conversation. She plans on shipping my horse after the weekend.

Kris Apelgren

BreyerBuyer415
12-31-2011, 01:23 PM
I got a model from her and she was very pleasant. I'm glad it all worked out for you! :)

RockfordBuckeye
03-28-2013, 10:41 AM
I'm involved with an Amy Christopher in a transaction right now and I"m also having trouble getting her to ship. She promised shipping last Tuesday and then never contacted me. So a week later I emailed her to ask the status. She claims the post office cancelled her pick up twice due to weather and then stated she was going to drive it into the post office herself. Then she said she would email me that evening to confirm she did. She did not email me. She is pleasant in her communications but I do think she's a bit of a feet dragger. Hopefully she's an honest feet dragger and the horse makes it to me eventually....

Karen Smith

RockfordBuckeye
03-30-2013, 10:11 AM
Ok so an update. Oddly enough she didn't return my email and I did send one directly asking "are you planning to follow through with the transaction" with no response. But I do have a tracking number through the paypal payment showing now. So crossing my fingers that the model has shipped. I would stick with a yellow light though as her lack of communication and delay in shipping has been unnerving and seems unnecessary stress to a transaction.

Stitch
03-30-2013, 11:39 AM
Ok so an update. Oddly enough she didn't return my email and I did send one directly asking "are you planning to follow through with the transaction" with no response. But I do have a tracking number through the paypal payment showing now. So crossing my fingers that the model has shipped. I would stick with a yellow light though as her lack of communication and delay in shipping has been unnerving and seems unnecessary stress to a transaction.

You know, how hard is it to respond to an e-mail? We would have more happy hobby folk if people used communication. Even if it's something like 'hey, I'm running behind, I apologize for not getting your item out sooner.' etc...

MBPearls
03-30-2013, 02:44 PM
:yeahthat

Just something to let me know it shipped is enough!

JoeCool
03-30-2013, 07:21 PM
I bought a Peter Stone ISH model from Amy Christopher over 12 months ago - in fact probably closer to 18 - and it sounds like some people are having the same no communication, wonder if/when the model will ship issue that I had with her.

The model did finally ship but I had to email a couple of times to ask what was going on (it was like pulling teeth to get any response from Amy, but when she did her emails were always polite). I just thought that maybe it took her a bit of time (nearly 2 weeks) to get around to sorting out shipping because i'm in another country.

after i got the model horse (which was very nice, accurately described and well packed) she had listed in the meantime another model horse and an eva matthews cart i was very very keen on buying so i contacted her again. she replied saying she'd get me a shipping cost and that was the last i heard. so after a couple of days i emailed again. (i think it was about 3-4 days before i checked in again, she'd said before she was really busy and i know it can take time to chase up a postage cost) ............ no reply from amy. i left it about the same amount of time before trying again............ but she never bothered to reply to my emails (i wanted to give her more money!!) so i took it she wasn't interested interested in selling after all. Then i noticed that even after saying to me she was going get the shipping cost she eventually sold to somebody else............ I just wish that if she didn't want the hassle of shipping international again she could have just told me upfront.

thanks
jackie siebel

RockfordBuckeye
04-05-2013, 03:39 AM
So to finalize - my model did arrive and was packed well and in the condition as advertised. I guess communication is just not her thing! Karen Smith

amychris72
04-24-2013, 09:00 PM
I apologize to Rockford Buckeye with my slow shipping and poor communication in her transaction. I certainly did not mean to give you a hassle or anxiety and I will definitely be more careful in the future to prevent such a thing from happening again to someone else. I sometimes get very behind because of my work schedule, seven kids, multiple other responsibilities, etc. and time gets away from me. I also receive over two hundred emails in my inbox a day and I admit sometimes some get lost in the shuffle. I always think I have more time than I do. I've started to pack up models so they are ready to ship before I sell them or list them and I don't list as many at once as I used to. I've sold in excess of 300 models over the last couple of years and the vast majority of transactions go very well, but for the several people on here who are unhappy, again, I am very, sincerely, sorry! I did not lie when I said that the pick-up had been cancelled...although it wasn't the post office that did it, just our mail carrier who has declared to me that she dislikes picking up my "stupid boxes" particulary if she feels it's too cold or too wet,etc.

As to the Eva Mathews cart, I do remember someone overseas inquiring, but I do not remember multiple emails to me regarding this. I do remember being concerned about the cart surviving an international shipment as it was very fragile but if I offended someone by not getting back with a shipping quote, that was quite wrong of me. After getting burned a few times, I don't ship internationally anymore even though most of my customers from overseas were as good as gold and very pleasant to deal with, such as Jackie. And yes, it did take some time to get to the post office to ship internationally, since I can't do it online and our local po has been long closed and I work during the day and on weekends. Even so, there was no reason for it to take two weeks.

I'm not perfect and I won't offer excuses other than to say sometimes when my plate is too full, I don't know when to push away from the table so to speak. Time management is a challenge for anyone out there in the world we live in and it's something that I'm working on improving. I value my customers and I want to treat others as I would wanted to be treated.

So to anyone who is unhappy with me, please feel free to contact me. I can only offer words, but I want people to know that I'm not a crook and not a donkey (most of the time) deliberately.

Thanks for listening (or reading I guess it should be!) and here's to making the hobby the best it can be!