PDA

View Full Version : looking for help and thoughts

Sidney
02-05-2012, 04:12 PM
Hi,

I'm new to the board so not sure if this is the correct place to post this.

I bought a custom model from an artist almost a year ago. He arrived with both ears, forelock, and tail cracked. It took quite a bit of time to get the insurance claim issues taken care of. I then sent him back to be fixed. It took the artist much longer than I thought would take. I just recently received him and he now has a broken ear and his tail is cracked. I'm fit to be tied!!!! And the artist basically suggested that I find someone else to fix him. What to do??? I spent $$$$ on this and I'm truely at a loss. Any ideas?

K
:somad

FriesianFury
02-05-2012, 04:54 PM
Did this artiest ever send you finish photos of the all repair work? If they didnt and just mailed it off to you, then you have no way of knowing if they ever fixed it in the first place just there word.
Did this artiest not pack the horse well in his box that got shipped to you? I myself as an artist would send a refund for the coast of me to fix it the 1st time if I did not want to repair it again, thats my two cents.

Also can you post photos of damage?

Stitch
02-05-2012, 05:20 PM
Hi Sidney, for the transactions section of the forum, we also require a first and last name with each post. You may also make a one time posting of your name here in this thread : http://www.modelhorseblab.com/forums/showthread.php?107089-TTB-first-last-name-thread

Thanks,
-April

Sidney
02-05-2012, 07:35 PM
Friesianfury: I never received photo's before he was sent from his repair. I have sent photos of all damages to her on both accounts.

Stich: thanks for the link, I've posted there

Sidney
02-05-2012, 07:45 PM
I'm having a difficult time getting the images to post. If you would like I can send them to you via email.

FriesianFury
02-05-2012, 07:47 PM
humm then that makes me and Im sure many others wonder. The RIGHT thing to do is send photos of the work after she repaired and since she did not it makes me wonder if she even repaired all of the horse :/ who is the said artist?

BTW you can send the emails to me and I can post them for you, send it friesianfury@gmail.com

LittleBlueBMW
02-05-2012, 08:30 PM
I know what this is about. I am sorry this happened to you. I had a model come back from repair via USPS and he got his tail smashed. Thankfully my artist repaired him. Sounds like a more local artist would be helpful since the damage keeps happening in transit. This is also why I refuse to use USPS for resins now. It is amazing what can happen to them. Also the artist this piece is from is super behind so I doubt she wants to take on more non-pay projects even though this one shouldn't be hard.

Sidney
02-06-2012, 06:55 AM
with the damage the first time I had sent the resin back to the artist via UPS and didn't incure more damage back. It was sent to me via USPS and again damaged. So my lesson learned on many topics

Edit to add, this was not a free fix. I had to file a claim and that went to the artist to fix the model

Mary
02-06-2012, 10:21 AM
I know what this is about. I am sorry this happened to you. I had a model come back from repair via USPS and he got his tail smashed. Thankfully my artist repaired him. Sounds like a more local artist would be helpful since the damage keeps happening in transit. This is also why I refuse to use USPS for resins now. It is amazing what can happen to them. Also the artist this piece is from is super behind so I doubt she wants to take on more non-pay projects even though this one shouldn't be hard.I agree with little blue - this will be much easier and less stress on you to find someone as local as possible, who can do quality work. Ideal if you can drive the model to & from and not have to ship it again. I am sure whatever you are paying for shipping would be more worthwhile just paying someone to fix it, rather than continuing this cycle. Sometimes it is about doing what is easiest for yourself, as nothing will really be gained by trying to get someone else to make something perfect when it just isn't happening - whatever the reason.

Good luck, I hope you get this sorted out and have a lovely model at the end! :)

shego
02-06-2012, 11:07 PM
if the artist got the claim money, they should fix it on them until its right. Otherwise they should have given you a refund. You paid for an unbroken product and didnt receive one.

Christina

mobyus
02-07-2012, 12:06 AM
That would be my feelings, too. I have to wonder if the artist packed it improperly that it broke both times she sent it.

Also the artist this piece is from is super behind so I doubt she wants to take on more non-pay projects even though this one shouldn't be hard.

Except she was paid - twice - for the job. If she doesn't want to repair it a second time, she should at least refund the insurance claim money to the owner so that the owner can apply that to the next repair job. It seems unfair that the owner should have to eat all this cost when it was the artist's responsibility to make sure it was shipped home safely.

Did the artist put insurance on the repaired piece when she shipped it back to you?

FriesianFury
07-05-2012, 02:44 PM
Just to update this,

I repaired the horse for free along with resealing the horse cause he was not seal right and the paint was starting to come off. I mailed him the best I could and Katie emailed me saying she got him back with no damage and he is setting pretty on her self!

A happy ending :grin

JamieD
07-05-2012, 03:36 PM
You are too sweet. :hugg

JamieD

Gilder
07-05-2012, 03:46 PM
All hail the awesomeness of Sara! Yay to Sara for going above and beyond -- again!

Mary
07-05-2012, 03:50 PM
All hail the awesomeness of Sara! Yay to Sara for going above and beyond -- again!

:yeahthat :clap :adore

mobyus
07-05-2012, 05:20 PM

:agreed That was a wonderful thing you did right there. :hugg

Nightmare
07-05-2012, 05:30 PM
Said it before, will say it again and again - Sara is an angel!

FriesianFury
07-05-2012, 07:03 PM
Thanks guys, im just happy there is a happy ending to something that was upsetting. Plus I fully believe that Katie should not of had to pay more for repairs when it was not her fault to start with, Its PIF kinda of thing that im sure you would of all done if you could help :hugg

mobyus
07-05-2012, 07:59 PM
Kind AND modest? You really DO rock! :headbanger

JMashburn
07-05-2012, 08:44 PM
Kind AND modest? You really DO rock! :headbanger
:exactly