PDA

View Full Version : Ebay advice needed please.

Latigo
05-30-2012, 10:34 PM
4 days ago I had an auction end and the winner hasn't paid, or contacted me. However, I do have a chance to offer a "Second chance offer" for the next highest bidder. So in the next few days if they haven't paid, do I report the buyer? Or send a second chance offer first? Or both, does the order matter? Never really had this happen :/...

Gilder
05-30-2012, 10:38 PM
Both. You need to report the non-responsive bidder to refund the fees. Then you'll get charged again for the second chance bidder (if they accept).

ravensgate
05-30-2012, 11:37 PM
First you need to invoice them again. I actually just had this happen and when the bidder paid tonight she profusely apologized and said she'd forgotten she'd won. Things like that DO happen. SO invoice the buyer again, tell them they have X amount of days from the auction's end to pay. Don't threaten, just keep it simple. If they haven't paid by then then file NPB BUT you have to wait 4 days before you can close the dispute and get your fees back. During that time the buyer CAN pay for it and then you'll be stuck refunding them and possibly getting a negative feedback if you relist to the second bidder. I'm not 100% positive but if you do a second chance offer but the first buyer pays for the item, I think they are still allowed to leave feedback, even if it sold to the second bidder. I'm just not positive on that though. You need to do this in a very specific order or it can come back to bite you:yes Right now it's too soon to file, I believe Ebay's default is 7 or 10 days for a buyer to pay.

Latigo
05-31-2012, 07:30 AM
Yeah, I've already invoiced them again and attempted to contact them. You can file NPB 4 days from the end of the auction. Like you said though you can't close it for four days.