PDA

View Full Version : GRRRR Ebay Label Printing?!!

RobinHoodFan
07-14-2012, 07:46 PM
ARRGG :grump I just have to say, I really don't like the new "ebay shipping center" crapola....i've never had it work properly...I go to paypal, click on the transaction, click purchase shipping label...it takes me to the ebay shipping center. (unless i open up multi order shipping, if i sold an item on eBay it forces me to go to the eBay shipping center crap)

Anyway, so yea I enter all the info and click pay..then it takes me to page "unavailable try again from the ebay home page" crap...but when checking in paypal, it DID indeed purchase the label and generate a tracking #! So now i have to go into paypal, click "manage shipments" and click reprint..then it takes me BACK to eBay with some nonsense then i have to find the button and click reprint there too... So frustrating...I dont know why they couldn't leave that alone! Or at least if you go to print a label IN paypal it would keep you IN paypal!!!

now what i'm concerned about is how do i check if the buyer got the email from eBay with tracking info and the message i wrote? Is there any way to check this or should i send a separate one? Thing is, there's a new rule where you automatically get 5* in communication if it's shipped and received and there were no emails or something? Will the separate email to them count as part of this "communication" or is it only if they try to contact me during this time? Just so annoying...

PolarVrtX
07-14-2012, 07:55 PM
Yeah... I had a terrible time trying to print labels yesterday :grump it took about 10 tries for each one! I hope they get it working, because I do like getting the whole thing printed in one step.

ETA: I don't get the communication thing either... First off, how is no communication worth 5 stars? :lol but second, I recently had one of those where I couldn't leave a rating, but I KNOW I had contact with the seller, because I asked a couple of questions and we had a nice discussion :dunno

Katie89
07-14-2012, 07:56 PM
I feel your pain...a couple months ago...apparently when they were changing over...I accidentally generated 2 labels (2 different numbers) for same shipment well I tried to find the number to cancel one of the labels and it could never find it, but it was paid for! :grump

Anyway, I just go through eBay (Selling Manager > Sold Items > Awaiting Shipment > Print Label > Verify Info > Pay & Print)

RobinHoodFan
07-14-2012, 08:24 PM
I feel your pain...a couple months ago...apparently when they were changing over...I accidentally generated 2 labels (2 different numbers) for same shipment well I tried to find the number to cancel one of the labels and it could never find it, but it was paid for! :grump

Anyway, I just go through eBay (Selling Manager > Sold Items > Awaiting Shipment > Print Label > Verify Info > Pay & Print)

I'll try that next time...maybe i'll have better luck.

Katie89
07-14-2012, 09:33 PM
Hope so because taking 10 minutes or so to print a label on fast internet is ridiculous. :wink

SylvanTrails
07-14-2012, 11:09 PM
Wait, when did this come into effect?

I just shipped some stuff last week and had no problems.

Sorry it was being so difficult for you!

Shaheen
07-14-2012, 11:21 PM
ETA: I don't get the communication thing either... First off, how is no communication worth 5 stars? :lol but second, I recently had one of those where I couldn't leave a rating, but I KNOW I had contact with the seller, because I asked a couple of questions and we had a nice discussion :dunno

Same thing happened to me-I had asked a seller questions ahead of time before I bought some items, and this new system didn't recognize that we had communicated. :dunno Also, I liked the old paypal checkout better. I had a hard time trying to see where to click for request an invoice from the seller. Finally figured it out, but I was getting impatient. Sounds like printing labels is a pain now too.

RobinHoodFan
07-15-2012, 12:30 AM
It would be after you purchase and pay...not before...it has to do with the time you ship in and the time they receive it...The one with the shipping time has been in place for alittle while now (ship in so many days and you automatically get 5*)..but i forget the details and have to re-read the policy about this one...but its something like if you ship the item within so many days and it arrives on time, they can only leave 5*...i could be completely wrong but i remember wondering about it and trying to find specifics with one of the fairly new updates from eBay....

Just thought of something....maybe it means that if they want to leave you less for that, they HAVE to contact you through eBay SNAD or INR regarding a problem or something? I dunno...i'll have to find that policy again.

RobinHoodFan
07-15-2012, 12:36 AM
Buried away in here i think i found it:

To give you credit for transactions where a buyer doesn't need to contact you, you'll automatically receive a 5-star communication detailed seller rating if:
*You specify 1-day handling time and upload tracking information within 1 business day,
*There are no buyer- or seller-initiated communications in eBay Messages
*There are no requests for contact information between you and the buyer.

So it sounds like you cant communicate at all if you want to be assured of an automatic 5* communication rating....how does that make sense? Just dumb because i usually like to send a separate email from the transaction stating when their item will be shipped, how it will be shipped and the tracking number :grump...now i have to trust eBay communicated all this to them and that they know where to look for their info. PLUS, sometimes I have an open dialogue (as you mentioned previously) with a seller/buyer before hand that spills into the after.....personally, i like when sellers contact me separately to let me know the item is shipped instead of those auto emails that aren't always reliable.

Beethovens7th
07-15-2012, 04:00 AM
Yeah... I had a terrible time trying to print labels yesterday :grump it took about 10 tries for each one! I hope they get it working, because I do like getting the whole thing printed in one step.

i think eBay is working diligently at making sure you cannot and do not have any ability to sell to someone outside of them!:lol

Shaheen
07-15-2012, 08:46 AM
I wonder if the communication star rating system is even working right, because in those rules it says "if there are no buyer or seller initiated communiciations in ebay messages" I had communications in my ebay messages and still it didn't let me choose a rating. But maybe it is only for communications after a sale, which is ridiculous because a seller should be able to be rated on how they are before the sale too. I recently had a problem transaction in which I had asked the seller specific questions about an item, and when it came, it was not as described and she had not answered my questions truthfully. (this wasn't a model horse transaction, and I was refunded) But this is an example of why a buyer should be able to rate all of a sellers communication and not just after a sale if that is even how this is supposed to work now-I don't really understand how it is supposed to work. Oh yeah, and I recently filled out feedback as buyer and the only star I could choose was the first one I think, and I can't think which one that is, and the other stars couldn't be rated for one reason or another. Why even have the star ratings then? :dunno Might as well go back to the way it was before.

RobinHoodFan
07-15-2012, 08:55 AM
I recently had a problem transaction in which I had asked the seller specific questions about an item, and when it came, it was not as described and she had not answered my questions truthfully. (this wasn't a model horse transaction, and I was refunded) But this is an example of why a buyer should be able to rate all of a sellers communication and not just after a sale if that is even how this is supposed to work now-I don't really understand how it is supposed to work.
OMG i just went though the same thing!! Then when i received the SNAD, the seller ADMITTED to it and still did not refund all my $$ as she promised (and the little shd did "refund" bounced)..ebay gave me a courtesy refund....whatever that means...probably b/c she had NO $$ in her account so ebay had to shell it out to me...

Shaheen
07-15-2012, 09:27 AM
I guess I was lucky with this one. I filed a dispute through paypal instead of ebay. (I've always done it that way when there is a problem-I seem to have good luck with paypal) I got all my money back including the shipping, because the item was not as described and the questions I asked ahead of time were not answered truthfully. I called paypal and spoke to a rep and explained the whole situation. I didn't want to have to pay return shipping to mail this item back because I would not have purchased it in the first place had the questions I asked been answered truthfully. Paypal was able to get the seller to refund me including shipping, and I didn't have to return the item which was junk anyway. :(

RobinHoodFan
07-15-2012, 10:09 AM
I guess I was lucky with this one. I filed a dispute through paypal instead of ebay. (I've always done it that way when there is a problem-I seem to have good luck with paypal) I got all my money back including the shipping, because the item was not as described and the questions I asked ahead of time were not answered truthfully. I called paypal and spoke to a rep and explained the whole situation. I didn't want to have to pay return shipping to mail this item back because I would not have purchased it in the first place had the questions I asked been answered truthfully. Paypal was able to get the seller to refund me including shipping, and I didn't have to return the item which was junk anyway. :(

I had the same scenario! (http://www.modelhorseblab.com/forums/showthread.php?135533-eBay-SNAD-Item-Help-%28&highlight=) Except mine was through eBay but i didn't call i just figured whatever they do, they do..luckily it was only $15 but I got it all back in the end thanks to eBay. So they CAN be good for somethin' sometimes so long as you keep your accounts in good standing :)

Shaheen
07-15-2012, 12:17 PM
I'm glad you got all of your money back. :yes