PDA

View Full Version : Question about Ebay fee's etc from a seller i am dealing with....

Crazy4allhorses
07-28-2012, 05:10 PM
hi, i have an issue at least i hope it is not an issue... i am making payments on a model that is not released yet. the seller said she was good about when i sent payments unless it was paid off before the model was released. well i told her that it would be paid off way before it would be released. for the first payment i had to wait because of the first premier model was released and i got him first. i did paid the seller double which included the first payment and the second payment that was due...well i then got an email saying that i had to send it personal because of fee's..... i was told else where that i could file suit a dispute with paypal saying that the seller should not say i need to pay for fee's etc. i said well i couldnt do that because i didnt want to loose the model and seller. so i dealt with fee's. well i got a reminder email saying this is what i owed included the fee's from the first payment etc... that i had owed. i mentioned i was going to send this amount instead of the first amount, which was $10 less.... they then proceeded to tell me that i had said that the model would be paid off before this particular month that i said it would. i then sent an email showing my frustration on everything that yes i had said this date's etc, but that she had also said that as long as it was paid before the month it was released it was fine... and then said that they did not mention that i had to pay for the fee's..i dont mind paying fee's as long as it was asked in the beginning... anyways i sold a model and sent a payment to them, and am planning to send the planned payment as well next week then owing them one payment. now they are ignoring my email in regards to if they got my payment i sent out the other day.... i feel now they are ignoring me. i dont want to lose this model and the almost $400 i have sent to them... what do i do... :-(

muggyscugglemeyer
07-28-2012, 05:21 PM
The seller has already violated two of ebay's rules.

1. Sellers cannot charge buyers for ebay or Paypal fees.
2. A seller cannot pre-sell an item that won't be in stock for over 30 days.

I would contact ebay and file a claim.

Margaret Loesch

Crazy4allhorses
07-28-2012, 05:30 PM
this isnt an ebay item, i forgot to mention :-( sorry ebay fee's should be Paypal fee's i am sorry for the confusion

telepwen
07-28-2012, 05:38 PM
Did you mean to put "Paypal" in the subject line instead of "ebay"?

Crazy4allhorses
07-28-2012, 05:41 PM
yes, sorry, i woke up with a headache today and cant get rid of it, i meant paypal fee's and not ebay on the header :-S

ravensgate
07-28-2012, 05:52 PM
She can't do that. It's against the TOS. If this wasn't stated UP FRONT IN THE AD I'd tell her she couldn't change the contract. But you have to decide if you want the horse that bad or not. I'd tell her she's changing the terms and therefore you're backing out the sale and expect a full refund. That's what I would do. But I'm not you. If she tried to give you crap I'd red light her butt and report her to Paypal and send all the emails she's sent you about paying the fees to them. I'd tell her I was going to do both too. Sorry but this crap infuriates me.

Wixom Aficionado
07-28-2012, 06:54 PM
I have backed out of many deals because the seller wanted me to cover paypal fees. I don't mind sending a money order, but don't tell me the only way I can pay is by paypal and that I must pay the fees. :nono

Katie89
07-28-2012, 07:09 PM
I agree with all the above. She knew you'd being paying in multiple payments through Paypal and knew there would be fees involved. She cannot just up and decide, "Nah, you need to pay fees!" Irritating! :grump

Pyxsii
07-28-2012, 07:28 PM
Fees aren`t THAT terrible. If the seller cannot cover their fees, then maybe they shouldn`t be selling :(
It seems very unprofessional, the seller is changing horses in the middle of a stream....which usually leads to disastrous consequences.
I would definitely report to PayPal, sounds like you are being jerked around (and the non-communication bit doesn`t help either

Crazy4allhorses
07-29-2012, 12:28 AM
i am not mad or worried about the fee's, it is the fact that she should have asked in the beginning. and that now that i expressed my feelings, she is avoiding me. i want the model, that is why i am making payments and keeping up with it etc. i just feel now that i sent payment etc, the other day she didnt send me an email saying thank you i got it, like she always did. and when i sent her asking if she got it?? i have yet to get a response.... i have bought from her and i have sold to her... no problems everything great. but now that i spoke my mind or concerns she is avoiding me. i never complain etc to anyone. i am always good and try to make good. but when i do, i seem to get shut down :-( i see her posting etc, but now avoiding me :-(

mobyus
07-29-2012, 02:42 AM
Laura, sweetie, I hope you take this in the way it is intended, but you have GOT to start sticking up for yourself. I've seen you encounter a few really awful situations lately. We haven't dealt personally, but I see that you have stellar references and you seem to have a very generous, open heart. I fear that you are being walked all over because of it.
So yeah, the fees ARE a big deal, especially coming up late in the sale. And you need to be assertive and tell this seller in no uncertain terms that she must stick to the original agreement or refund you entirely. Unless this is an OOAK CM, you can always buy the model elsewhere down the road from someone else. And please check references - I don't know if that relates in this particular case, but I know that has given you trouble in the past.
And remember, we've always got your back and are here rooting for you. :hugg

mechanicaljen
07-29-2012, 07:20 AM
Red flags all over this one.

If she's stopped communicating with her, it's time to get *real* serious, *real* quick.

Paypal would settle this for you, I'm sure.