PDA

View Full Version : trainmandoeboy and the-wild-wests on eBay - Red lights

amorrison50
08-06-2012, 03:49 PM
It's been a fun month or so on eBay - I hardly ever sell things on there and get stuck with two bum buyers! The first, trainmandoeboy, bid on a Sixes and Sevens from BreyerFest but never paid for it. I filed a case and still no payment, frustrating since the next bidder won three other auctions and could have taken advantage of combined shipping on this additional model (and she paid for those very quickly). No communication from this buyer whatsoever.

The other, the-wild-wests, bought a clock that I was selling for a friend out of her in-laws' estate. I posted in the auction that I know nothing about clocks and twice said that I did not know if it ran, so obviously it sold pretty cheap. Buyer received the clock and said that it did need a $11 replacement piece, and expected me to pay for it. After I refused, he wrote back in all capital letters and said that he was trying to avoid the embarrassment of a claim through eBay. I told him that I was sorry if he was embarrassed to admit he didn't read the listing ( ;) ) and nothing came of it. Still, I don't really appreciate threats from someone just because they took a cheap gamble and it didn't pay off.

pzp
08-06-2012, 05:33 PM
Trainmandoeboy has resurfaced? He was bad news way back when. Wish I could remember the name.

Stitch
08-06-2012, 06:15 PM
Here is his lovely and colorful feedback:

http://toolhaus.org/cgi-bin/negs?User=trainmandoeboy&Dirn=Received+by

tannutuva
08-06-2012, 08:40 PM
I had to squint at the name for a while... he meant to be "doughboy" in the second half of his handle... the other makes no sense.

RobinHoodFan
08-07-2012, 08:07 AM
Thats weird..i can locate him on eBay just fine by searching the profiles...his fb looks good both ways...but to be safe i wanted to add to my block list however when i try eBay tells me it's an invalid user ID :confused:

amorrison50
08-30-2012, 08:04 AM
Got this email today:

"Hi, wanted to let you know why item was not paid. My husband went in for hjeart surgery and was not able to pay because he was in a coma till he passed away. So please remove the mark against his account. If needed I can show proof. Brian was a great ebayer. Thank you his wife."

There hasn't been any activity on his account since the day before my item ended. So I feel bad if this is true, but based on the info given above and the fact that once it's settled by eBay as a non-paying bidder situation I don't think I even CAN do anything about it, I think I'll just ignore it.

indefinitely_jaded
08-30-2012, 09:56 AM
and the fact that once it's settled by eBay as a non-paying bidder situation I don't think I even CAN do anything about it

I would at least tell the wife that much, in case what she says is true - then she can decide to take it up with ebay if she wants. :dunno

RobinHoodFan
08-30-2012, 12:05 PM
Got this email today:

"Hi, wanted to let you know why item was not paid. My husband went in for hjeart surgery and was not able to pay because he was in a coma till he passed away. So please remove the mark against his account. If needed I can show proof. Brian was a great ebayer. Thank you his wife."

There hasn't been any activity on his account since the day before my item ended. So I feel bad if this is true, but based on the info given above and the fact that once it's settled by eBay as a non-paying bidder situation I don't think I even CAN do anything about it, I think I'll just ignore it.

I would at least tell the wife that much, in case what she says is true - then she can decide to take it up with ebay if she wants. :dunno

:yeahthat
Has nothing to do with you now..just let it pass. If you want to respond just say that you have no control over that now. EBay is the one that files the mark automatically when the claim closes and I'm pretty sure you can't change a closed case in this siutation. She'll have to contact eBay to have it removed. You cant do anything about it now....yes, life happens..but IF it's true (and when they go into that much detail i usually wonder if theyre trying to pull the sympathy card and flat out lie..especially if that since there was no apology here you'd at least think theyd start off with I'm so sorry but... ). And if her husband has passed and it was his account, what does it matter? Little fishy there. Why would she care about the mark on her husbands account if it's never going to be used again? Plus one mark doesn't really do anything..i think it's when you hit two. If she wants to use it, then she should open up her own....just a little fishy...

Either way, that account entered into a contract and breeched it. (regardless of the reason). And if the reason is covered, that's for eBay to deicde. If it's all true then that does suck but it has nothing to do with you anymore. She'll have to go to eBay with her proof.

Sweet Defense
08-30-2012, 12:53 PM
Plus, wouldn't Ebay just shut down his account if he's passed away? I mean, he can't use it any longer.

amorrison50
08-30-2012, 01:05 PM
That's what I thought - if he is indeed gone, the account should be closed down and it's all a moot point. Obviously it would be a bit callous to point that out to her, but it crossed my mind... usually when someone passes there are a lot bigger fish to fry than the legacy left on eBay.

RobinHoodFan
08-30-2012, 01:13 PM
That's what I thought - if he is indeed gone, the account should be closed down and it's all a moot point. Obviously it would be a bit callous to point that out to her, but it crossed my mind... usually when someone passes there are a lot bigger fish to fry than the legacy left on eBay.

:yes my thoughts exactly...