PDA

View Full Version : Vicki Keeling delivery time ...

Tiffi
05-16-2005, 04:44 PM
I ordered a Wadi'ah resin by Vicki on April,1st. She's full paid. I eMailed Vicki and she told me that Wadi isn't really finished, but she will work as fast as she can ...
Now a good friend told me that she waits since December for two resins made by Vicki ...
How long is her delivery time for resins? In adore her work, but it's mad that she needs so much time ... :cry

I don't want to want to grump about Vicki, coz I absolutely adore :adore her work. But I have ordered the Persia resin two days ago and Kathi told me that she will be shipped out as soon as she is full paid ... Why has Vicki these looong waiting periods? :dunno

Liz
05-18-2005, 04:56 AM
Delivery can be slow with Vicki, I have had them shipped within a month but I have also waited up to a year. All I can say to ease your anxiety is your resin will arrive eventually, it just can take a little while sometimes. I dont think Vicki casts them all at once she works her way slowly through the edition but that is just my take on it I could be totally wrong :)

Either way I am sure the wait will be worth it! :woohoo

MirrorBayFarms
05-18-2005, 05:11 AM
I know that she is quite busy working on her unicorn at the moment and filling all of her back-log, which I'm sure you're apart of! So don't worry, she'll get your resin to you as soon as she's able!

Nizarghazal
05-18-2005, 07:56 AM
Hi,
you can be sure to get your resin. Vicki lost his father months ago and it can be that she is for that reason a little behind to send the resins out.
Maybe you will contact her again?
Vicki is a nice lady, so you will not have any problems!
Best wishes!
Anja

JulieB
05-18-2005, 12:25 PM
I paid for a Jasmine last year when she was announced, and I got her in April. Yes there was a wait, but I really didn't mind, because I love Vicki's stuff.

sheepwithbellson
05-18-2005, 01:11 PM
I have learned, when it comes to ordering resins from the artists themselves, you do need to let things happen. Persia and Bidjar, if I remember correctly came super fast, but I had a very long wait for Dante, and David just arrived today (I think I paid for him in January). Do email politely if you feel a bit worried and artists will usually update you on casting, shipping or delays that are a factor.

I'm not expecting my Cheveyos for months due to Sarah's Nahar overload :lol but I'm cool with that (and well I had to get more Cheveyos by the deadline - today I think!).

Tiffi
05-19-2005, 07:23 AM
Ok, so I think I'll have to wait longer. I have eMailed her and she said that she has a lot of work to do at the moment and that I should not get angry. She works as fast as she can ... :woohoo

BearsnBugs
05-19-2005, 04:30 PM
I had ordered a horse from her long ago. It took forever to get to the painter. I was told over and over that it would be ready X date. That date came and went many times. The horse finally got to the painter, but by the time I finally got the horse--it left a bad taste for all the fighting I had to do to get it. I ended up selling and decided that I wouldn't buy from her again. She was really nice, but I couldn't go through that again. And I am a very patient person when it comes to getting work from artists.

Tina