PDA

View Full Version : Connect with FaceBook

EnglishSpot2003
09-20-2012, 01:40 PM
I joined a Crested Gecko forum that is through vBulletin and they have a connect with Facebook button up by the sign in bar. Any chance of Blab getting one of those?

Mary
09-21-2012, 12:26 PM
Yes there is! It also allows registration by FB.

Is there interest by other members as well in having this easy FB passage?

NatalieK
09-21-2012, 02:05 PM
Yes

EnglishSpot2003
09-21-2012, 02:55 PM
I think it would be awesome. I love that on the other forum, I can just click connect and voila!

Kristi Hale
09-21-2012, 03:53 PM
Wouldn't it slow down Blab's load time, if your device is trying to connect to FB at the same time?

Valhalheru
09-21-2012, 04:17 PM
I think it would be great as well.

EnglishSpot2003
09-21-2012, 05:41 PM
I don't think it slows it down, it just connects your Blab account to your FB so if you are signed into FB it's just one click to sigh into Blab.

telepwen
09-21-2012, 07:25 PM
Just so long as the standard sign in still works.

I'm a fuddy duddy on the subject, but I hate FB Connect things. I don't want the world to see everything I do. (I do admit that I'm not the normal person here, though, so I'm not saying don't have it.)

NatalieK
09-21-2012, 08:18 PM
There's a "Like" app for VBulletin, too, that isn't associated with Facebook at all that I saw on HGS's forum. You click the Like link on lower right hand corner of a post that you like and it acts like a rep... Sorta. I haven't been able to find the name of the app, though.

Mary
09-21-2012, 08:29 PM
Just so long as the standard sign in still works.

I'm a fuddy duddy on the subject, but I hate FB Connect things. I don't want the world to see everything I do. (I do admit that I'm not the normal person here, though, so I'm not saying don't have it.)
Actually ...

As I understand it (and that is *not* perfectly,) if you are already a member, you must take steps on facebook is to link your accounts. FB has no idea otherwise.

If you do not "log in" to Blab each time, but allow Blab to "remember me" (check box under the login boxes) and log you in automatically, you may not notice much difference. But you can click the fb icon at the top of Blab and it will take you to fb. (Blab will miss you! ;) ) (Otherwise you can click open another browser window and use your link/bookmark to fb.)

Where it is very noticeable is for new registrations. Clicking the facebook option for Blab registration moves things along for the newbie. I've tested this a bit, and there are several steps where the newbie can select options for how much is shared from facebook (location, personal data, etc.) But you don't have to allow it.