PDA

View Full Version : Smileys

Naervon
12-22-2012, 08:15 AM
Maybe it was suggested before (I don't know, I didn't find anything similar), but I would really appreaciate something like "favourite smileys". When you open smiley box, you will find them only a few and if you don't remember shortcuts, you are destined to search through tab with all of them... I would love to see possibility to chose like 15 smileys which will be displayed ready for use when you click that add smiley button:dinner

Sorry if this is completely retarded idea:rip...

Mary
12-22-2012, 09:24 AM
Actually the smaller selection is already there, but they are nearly impossible to see since our software provider made a major upgrade step, some time ago.

Below the lower right of the "quick reply" edit box, click "More Edit Options."

Once the larger edit box displays, the one with a larger selection of edit buttons over the edit box, look to the right side. There are some shrunk/squashed smilies. There used to be 18 of them, but they expanded the edit box to the right and squeezed them out. They are not well displayed, unfortunately.

As you've doubtless already discovered, if you click "More" below the squashed smileys the entire smilie catalog comes up, instead of a small selection.

It's rather frustrating, I agree.

Eviejean
12-22-2012, 09:47 AM
Plus we need a "Sarcasm" smilie....:lol....just sayin'.... :gift ....pretty please :crossfingers

Naervon
12-22-2012, 10:00 AM
Actually the smaller selection is already there, but they are nearly impossible to see since our software provider made a major upgrade step, some time ago.

Below the lower right of the "quick reply" edit box, click "More Edit Options."

Once the larger edit box displays, the one with a larger selection of edit buttons over the edit box, look to the right side. There are some shrunk/squashed smilies. There used to be 18 of them, but they expanded the edit box to the right and squeezed them out. They are not well displayed, unfortunately.

As you've doubtless already discovered, if you click "More" below the squashed smileys the entire smilie catalog comes up, instead of a small selection.

It's rather frustrating, I agree.

Yes, I noticed all available choices, I think. But it would be awesome blab christmas gift if everyone could personalise their own smileys box and choose their often used smileys, so the best would be showed in first box, not clicking all the way and spendind minutes just to find the desired one in lots of others :) And sure, we don't have any sarcastic smiley, good point :D

telepwen
12-22-2012, 10:55 AM
It's honestly easier to learn what to type for your most-used smileys. I almost never pull up the smiley picker anymore, I just type in the command, and poof! Smiley.

LaughingStockStables
12-22-2012, 11:54 AM
It's honestly easier to learn what to type for your most-used smileys. I almost never pull up the smiley picker anymore, I just type in the command, and poof! Smiley.

:yeahthat :yes

Brenda
12-22-2012, 12:15 PM

:yeahthat because I do most of my blabbing from work and because of the computer system we have, it's generally easier to learn the commands for the ones I use the most. I'm still learning and a couple of times used a command that didn't exist, but I'm working on it. :)

Eviejean
12-22-2012, 12:24 PM
I've learned the commands for the ones I use the most.
I'd actually like to print out the whole Smilie catalog for reference as I'm learning the rest of them...

Mary
12-22-2012, 12:25 PM
Also the top row of the main smilie page is sort of the quick-picker ...

I would love to have a "personal faves" smilie function! If you can code it ... :hubba

This has been suggested to the software designers, who are rather overwhelmed with all their big fancy projects just now. I don't think it is high on their list but it would be a very nice feature.

Might have to do some thinking about ways to create a Personal Fave Smilie Feature. :woohoo