PDA

View Full Version : Please Help

ALittleCrazyErikaXD
03-10-2013, 04:42 PM
(i hope this going here)

Okay, I need help with some advice. PLEASE tell me if I am at fault, honestly, because I have no idea.

Alright, so last Breyerfest I planned to trade with this woman (over Youtube) at breyerfest, Her Saltire, extra Boon and $40 for my Paddy. Basically, the trade never went through with confusion from my mom and I. Paddy was accently sold during room sales, so I ended up buying her Saltire for $60.

Well the next day, the person we sold the Paddy to returned him, as he had marks by his tail she didn't quite like. I had no way to contact the first woman as she told me to delete the number she have me after buying her Saltire.

So after Breyerfest I still had him, and he was in a video I had made after Breyerfest. She imminently screamed at me through my inbox and posted on my videos about how I had scammed her. I messaged her back, explaining and all was kind of okay after that.

Skip ahead to today, she sent me this message- "Look my mom and dad wanted me to tell you this but :

You O me $45.00. I was supposed to do a trade with you my exta Boon/Saltire for Paddy. I had to wast $45.00 on an extra ticket to do that so ether you send me a LSQ model or you have to pay the $45.00. that choice is up to you but my mom and dad, even me we are all pissed at you. I wasted my time/money to get A extra ticket but you backed out of the trade guess what I am stuck with your model. You have no choice but to reimburse me for the ticket. Sorry to do this but I am really pissed and so is my family"

I responded asking why she hadnt told me earlier and that I would talk to my mom about it.

She responded- "I did not want to tell you cause I did not wanna make you upset. My parents are the ones that wanted me too." Along with her name and address.

Do I need to pay her? If i honestly do, I will. I am just really confused that this is coming up again.

Thanks for any help
Erika Isbell

Rio
03-10-2013, 04:53 PM
You owe her nothing, the trade didn't happen, you bought a model off her and the transaction ended.
You didn't make her buy the ticket. If she wanted the Paddy model so badly then she could have purchased him after you explained what happened.
She has an extra boon ? Then sell it and make some money back.
That's my opinion :dunno :bunnyhop

sassymiss
03-10-2013, 05:01 PM
I am not sure how you owe her money. You purchased a horse from her and told her that you still had the one she wanted. If she wanted it, AT THAT TIME, she could have renegotiated the trade. Also not sure why they are just now pissed 7 months later. That is just buyer's remourse or the fact that they have something else they want to spend the money on and are upset that they have a horse they thought they were going to trade. Do not send her money. If she wants her $45 back, she should sell the horse.

ALittleCrazyErikaXD
03-10-2013, 05:05 PM
Okayu, Thank you guys so much, I was really confused.

I'll tell her (in the nicest way possible) that I can't send the money and she should sell the horse if she wants the money :)

KyEquineCreations
03-10-2013, 06:32 PM
First of all, you don't HAVE to do anything.. You HAVE a choice..
I kinda doubt her parents are angry about it, I think that's something that she's trying to use against you and is trying to get easy money.
So what Rio said, you don't owe her anything.

pzp
03-10-2013, 07:04 PM
I wonder what she told her parents.

FriesianFury
03-10-2013, 07:13 PM
I am not sure how you owe her money. You purchased a horse from her and told her that you still had the one she wanted. If she wanted it, AT THAT TIME, she could have renegotiated the trade. Also not sure why they are just now pissed 7 months later. That is just buyer's remourse or the fact that they have something else they want to spend the money on and are upset that they have a horse they thought they were going to trade. Do not send her money. If she wants her $45 back, she should sell the horse.

I agree with the others that have posted. Plus to do this 7 months later..... I could maybe understand 4 days later but 7 months, na someone has buyer remourse or is looking for fast cash by pressuring someone else

Kathe
03-10-2013, 07:39 PM

:yeahthat

I agree with the others. The transaction ended when you paid for Saltire. They can always sell the Boon on their own. You owe them nothing.

Unbridled396
03-10-2013, 08:07 PM
YouTube kids are annoying. I wouldn't recommend establishing any sort of trade/sale there in the future.

ALittleCrazyErikaXD
03-10-2013, 08:11 PM
thats the thing- when i met her at Breyerfest- she wasn't a kid. She was 20 something maybe early 30s, thats why im confused why her parents said something?

KyEquineCreations
03-10-2013, 08:58 PM
Oh my gosh...
Then she probably lied to you about her age, because it wouldn't be her parents that 'make' you have to give her money.

If she is 20 then she makes her own decisions now. Actually, when she turned 18 I bet she started making her own decisions.
The situation sounds really odd though, so I can see why you're confused.
But I'd honestly just tell the transaction was done months ago and end it from there. If she persists, then just block her.

Stitch
03-10-2013, 09:23 PM
She's an adult. Parents have no say in anything. Transaction is done and overwith. Heck, you don't even need to respond.

Mary
03-10-2013, 09:35 PM
... You have no choice but to reimburse me for the ticket. ...

That's ridiculous. It's also a very strange message. As is the rest of it.

I am not sure if you should respond to this at all. Something is very odd about the communications, and it's also odd that an adult met with you at B'fest, but now the person is presenting themselves as a minor. (Could it have been a parent or relative that you met with, not the actual person you had corresponded with?)

Are you a minor? If so, turn all of this over to your parents and let them handle it - if there is anything to be done. I'm thinking you should not respond, instead block these communications however you can and end this altogether - on your side, at least. To me this comes across as a communications exchange to avoid completely. The deal is long over and someone is trying to bully you in a rather silly way. Just imo.

Crazy4allhorses
03-10-2013, 10:06 PM
She's an adult. Parents have no say in anything. Transaction is done and overwith. Heck, you don't even need to respond.

:exactly

Katie89
03-10-2013, 10:38 PM
I am with everyone who has posted on this. Just seems a bit weird to me.

Stumbleine
03-10-2013, 11:44 PM
As a 20something I would be mortified if my mom and dad 'made' me do anything. Did you actually meet her? If you didnt she could be lying about her age at any time.

I wouldnt trade someone off of youtube again... if you do Id go through email and use payal for money. Trades are tricky and youtube doesnt care, its not set up to be a transaction site. I know trades are a great way to get new models as a minoe but youre going to run into trouble like this more often....

Can you block people on youtube? Id tell her no, block her and move on if its possible.

Relocation
03-11-2013, 12:29 AM

Pretending I'm 16 again and living at home: Even with the true story, if it were me and my parents thought the hobby was dumb, they'd be angry at me for making a trade/sale that didn't satisfy me, then displace that anger to the other person as well as making me feel really guilty for not dealing with it with them (in this case, Erika).

The fact that she's 20 or more makes this strange, and despite my reasoning above, I don't think Erika's at all in the wrong. I do think she should maybe talk to the girl's mother if it turns out she misjudged age, rather than negotiating with the girl.

Relocation
03-11-2013, 12:31 AM

Agreed with this and Mary.

ALittleCrazyErikaXD
03-11-2013, 07:16 AM
She never lied about she age, as she never said it. She just said that her parents were mad which confuses me more. Also, I do use PayPal and the like, I probably will never trade on YouTube again xD

ALittleCrazyErikaXD
03-11-2013, 07:23 AM
She never lied about she age, as she never said it. She just said that her parents were mad which confuses me more. Also, I do use PayPal and the like, I probably will never trade on YouTube again xD

mechanicaljen
03-11-2013, 07:31 AM
Bizarre all around.

If it were me, I'd send her a kind message saying that you will do nothing of the sort.

Robin
03-11-2013, 07:51 PM
Utterly weird. I'm with everyone else--you don't owe her a cent. You bought a model from her; you didn't get anything for free! And seven months is way too long to wait to reengage on a deal. Nevermind the odd details, the deal was done when she agreed to allow you to purchase the model instead of a trade.

iNHALE
03-13-2013, 09:52 AM
The main part here is that there was a transaction done, a model was sold and money traded hands. Both parties agreed with this deal, and that's the end of the story. If she has agreed on the deal, she can't come and make demands afterwards. If she's unhappy she can ofc discuss things, but she can't make demands claiming you owe her money, period.

You paid her $60, she accepted this price, therefore she can't demand any more money from you than those $60, which you have already paid. What she then decided to do is completely her own issue and you don't owe her a cent.

Nightmare
03-13-2013, 12:06 PM
It's unanimous; tell her to go blow.

Beethovens7th
03-13-2013, 12:31 PM
:agreed with eveyone!