PDA

View Full Version : Serching for shows in MN, MI, OH, and NY

Nanaki
08-31-2013, 03:09 PM
Hey guys! I'm From Canada, and since all the shows I've heard about are in Alberta, I've been wondering if anyone can help me find shows to attend that are closer to where I live.

I'm looking for beginner-friendly OF Breyer and Stone halter shows, and it would be really great to see if there are any happening the weekend of October 11-13th. Then I don't have to worry about getting back to school right away!

Thanks in advance! I love all of you so much!

dapple
08-31-2013, 05:30 PM
Would a five hour drive be too far? There is a show in Shipshewana, IN on October 5 at the Peter Stone Horses factory. The Little Horse Show is limited to Pebbles/Classic and smaller sizes. I'm entering for the first time this year though I have visited and the people are friendly. Dapple

camaro88lover
08-31-2013, 05:33 PM
A great place to look for shows is the NAMHSA website: http://www.namhsa.org/membershowsbyregion.htm

You'll want to look under Region 10 (for NY shows), Region 4 (for MN shows), Region 7 (for OH shows), and Region 8 (for MI shows).

jasper978
08-31-2013, 06:54 PM
Quarter Horse Congress show is planned for Oct 12th, in Columbus, OH. You can also squeeze in the Freestyle Reining if you purchase tickets in advance, or send someone to the entry/ticket office the morning of the show on the grounds.

jasper978
08-31-2013, 06:56 PM
There's also Tri State Live, and Miami Valley Live in November in Ohio (TSL is very near Toledo, close to the North West corner of the state/MI line).

brfdeb
09-01-2013, 05:09 PM
I'm hosting a show on October 12th in Black River Falls, Wisconsin. It's about 2 hours from Madison.

It's a smaller show, which I think is great for beginners. It's also a performance show too, but it's broken down in Halter to Stone and Breyer. There are a lot of veteran showers there and always are willing to help. Last year I had a couple of new people to the hobby, and they had a lot of fun learning the ropes.

You can check out the website, or you may have found it on the NAMHSA site.

jcmodelhorseshow.webs.com

Deb

jasper978
09-02-2013, 11:08 PM
Just got an email regarding Congress, it's not going to happen this year, but hoping to be back with the show next year.

DraytonWoods
09-03-2013, 11:07 AM
(I'm kinda relieved- my daughter's birthday party will likely be on that day! I reeelly want to go to that show when it starts again!)

Ariel, try Plastic Ponies in Fenton, MI in the spring too. I know that is a long way off but it's a good show. Tri State has the best food, I love those shows. :adore
It's my understanding there will be a new years show in january in Ashland, OH if you brave the snow!

Nanaki
09-05-2013, 11:29 AM
I've made note of Tri State Live and the Jackson County Model Horse Show -- Hopefully I will be able to attend! Thank you all for helping me out!

I just have to run things by my mom, but I'll let you all know how things go. I need to make sure nothing interferes with Music Theatre at school.

Lynda Gillette
09-05-2013, 04:09 PM
I'm holding a live show September 28 in the Rochester, NY area. Have a few people from Canada coming.

Nanaki
09-06-2013, 06:09 PM
I'm holding a live show September 28 in the Rochester, NY area. Have a few people from Canada coming.

I'm sorry, but I can't swing it that soon unfortunately. Money is super tight right now since my mom doesn't work over the summer, and she isn't getting her first paycheck of the school year until next week, and that needs to go towards groceries. I'm so sorry!

A great place to look for shows is the NAMHSA website: http://www.namhsa.org/membershowsbyregion.htm

You'll want to look under Region 10 (for NY shows), Region 4 (for MN shows), Region 7 (for OH shows), and Region 8 (for MI shows).

This may be a silly question, but...Since they are called member shows, I take it you must me a NAMHSA member to attend? I am not, so I don't know if that rules out any of those shows.

Schnauzer
09-06-2013, 07:09 PM
I know it's confusing. The shows themselves are the members of NAMHSA (along with some individual members) but you do not need to be a member to attend any of the NAMHSA member shows. I hope that clears things up for you. Good luck at whatever show you manage to attend.
Ann

Lynda Gillette
09-07-2013, 08:15 AM
I'm sorry, but I can't swing it that soon unfortunately. Money is super tight right now since my mom doesn't work over the summer, and she isn't getting her first paycheck of the school year until next week, and that needs to go towards groceries. I'm so sorry.

I completely understand. I'm seasonal at work too & have Summers off. I just went back to work last Tuesday & yes, money is tight. You'll find a great show to go to this fall.

BreyersForever
10-10-2013, 11:27 AM
There is show in Willistion, VT. Don't know how close to you that is but I'd just thought that I would mention it.