PDA

View Full Version : MISSING HOBBYIST: Brenda Suiter of Nicholasville, KY

CindyEvansKTS
09-02-2013, 11:10 AM
I posted the info on my Studio page:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=564547360278347&set=a.170614636338290.45743.159949627404791&type=1&ref=nf

Brenda Suiter of Nicholasvillie, Kentucky is a longtime hobbyist and she went missing 8/30/2013. No one has been able to contact her all weekend. If you know any information or see her, please contact the Jessamine County Sheriff's department: 859-885-4139

https://sphotos-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/q71/1235921_564547360278347_1120797029_n.jpg

Spread the word!

Dappaloosa
09-02-2013, 11:28 AM
Oh no! I'm not in America but I have friends who are. I'll spread the word!

Mary
09-02-2013, 11:43 AM
I wish I could help. I do hope you hear something soon - good news, of course.

Katie89
09-02-2013, 12:52 PM
Oh wow. Hope she is found soon and okay.

Nichelle
09-02-2013, 01:04 PM
I hope she's found soon. :( :pray

FriesianFury
09-02-2013, 01:30 PM
I posted this on my studio page to help get more eyes on it. I hope she is ok and contacts family soon

mechanicaljen
09-02-2013, 05:31 PM
Fingers crossed

Gilder
09-02-2013, 06:25 PM
I posted it on the Ladies' FB page... looks like some of our fans may have shared it as well.

Landshark
09-02-2013, 06:30 PM
I just shared on my timeline. Hope she is okay. Is she a blabber?

solticeart
09-02-2013, 06:40 PM
I hope they find her. Do you know anymore Cindy? was she married or anything? I'm sure if she had a cell they have looked into pinging it, but a truck like thats has got to be hard to hide. You know sometime in the past year or so a woman from the seattle area I think it was ( near me anyways) went missing on her way to work and they looked all over for her and couldn't find her and like almost a week or so later they found her car in a deep ditch, or she got out of it after being unconscious for days? I don't remember exactly what happened now, it was something like that but she was ok in the end. people had looked along the road and just didn't see her! It's weird even her big truck is missing too. Maybe if the area is really heavy with trees and thick foliage someone should go and look even better in case she ran off the road or someone ran her off the road by accident, or she got sick and ran off the road. It does happen and people have sat in their cars for days waiting to be rescued. I have read a few stories like that. I hope they find her soon and she is ok though.

shadow's storm
09-02-2013, 06:57 PM
Praying for a happy ending.

afleetalex
09-02-2013, 07:08 PM
I hope good news comes soon. :( I would share, but I don't have any connections in that area.

RobinHoodFan
09-02-2013, 07:46 PM
I posted this on my studio page to help get more eyes on it. I hope she is ok and contacts family soon

:yeahthat

FourWindsFarm
09-02-2013, 07:51 PM
Hope she is OK....

Laura G
09-02-2013, 08:05 PM
I hope they find her. Do you know anymore Cindy? was she married or anything? I'm sure if she had a cell they have looked into pinging it, but a truck like thats has got to be hard to hide. You know sometime in the past year or so a woman from the seattle area I think it was ( near me anyways) went missing on her way to work and they looked all over for her and couldn't find her and like almost a week or so later they found her car in a deep ditch, or she got out of it after being unconscious for days? I don't remember exactly what happened now, it was something like that but she was ok in the end. people had looked along the road and just didn't see her! It's weird even her big truck is missing too. Maybe if the area is really heavy with trees and thick foliage someone should go and look even better in case she ran off the road or someone ran her off the road by accident, or she got sick and ran off the road. It does happen and people have sat in their cars for days waiting to be rescued. I have read a few stories like that. I hope they find her soon and she is ok though.

Tanya Rider: http://idlewild.xomba.com/missing_tanya_rider_rescued_after_8_days_in_ravine
I saw her story on Disappeared (ID). I hope and pray that Brenda is found soon and that she is safe.

CindyEvansKTS
09-02-2013, 08:07 PM
I just shared on my timeline. Hope she is okay. Is she a blabber?

Not a blabber that I know of (nor is she one for technology from the sound of it, but I honestly don't know). I only knew her through association (she's the Breyer dealer for one of our local shows, Model Horse Mania) She's been in the hobby since "forever ago" and was at Breyerfest volunteering this year I think.

She's not married, but did have a long term boyfriend I think. I heard she lost him earlier this year (but was doing well, even got another dog, etc.) No one that I've talked to thinks she would have acted out of grief, either then or at this point. She was happy.

She does have that big truck, which you would think would be easy to find. At this point (and this is ONLY ASSUMPTION) I think it could have been an accident (lots of deep creeks, ravines and valleys around here) OR someone might have tried to steal her truck (it's a nice 1500 Dodge pickup) But that is truly just grasping at straws with no basis of evidence, just trying to think of ways she could have gone missing.

I don't want to spread any rumors or try to create any information (I know a lot of us have wild imaginations, I personally can think of about a half dozen things that could have happened even though I don't know her personally... I watch too much CSI)

Thank you all who has shared and spread the word. I will update that photo with any other information I find out. THANK YOU and KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!

Katie89
09-02-2013, 10:27 PM
Not a blabber that I know of (nor is she one for technology from the sound of it, but I honestly don't know). I only knew her through association (she's the Breyer dealer for one of our local shows, Model Horse Mania) She's been in the hobby since "forever ago" and was at Breyerfest volunteering this year I think.

I knew her name sounded familiar. I had bought from her before, she was so nice.

JRT Mom
09-02-2013, 10:46 PM
Brenda owns Wind Ridge Farm Collectibles. She lost her boyfriend suddenly this past spring. They had been together for 27 years.

I had a long talk with Brenda at Breyerfest (she had a vendor booth there), and she seemed at peace with what happened to her partner. I know that she would not just leave her beloved dogs with no one to care for them.

I pray that she is found and that she is okay. She is a dear, sweet woman, a dear friend and strong woman. I pray this has a good outcome. I just cannot imagine.

Katie89
09-02-2013, 10:56 PM
:hugg to all her friends and family

solticeart
09-03-2013, 11:57 AM
ok if there are deep ravines in that area and stuff then Id be searching the area better than you would normally. like looking for any skid marks. I do remember on that one woman that whoever found her saw some skid marks and thats what led them to her. its was weird because there wasn't a hole int he foliage it was like it just moved said when she drove thru it and closed back up again and you could not see her car or suv I think it was in that case. So if any of you live in the area and know where she lived and what way she went to work drive that road and stop and try to look thru the trees and foliage and you might find her.
I do suppose its possible that someone could have taken her for her truck but I doubt it. Its just a rare thing I think someone would taker her and her truck. At least I sure as hell hope not. I just hope she is found soon. Did she have any kind of illnesses that would make her black out? or if there are a lot of deer in the area I can see her swerving to miss one and well.. I hope she is found fast.

RobinHoodFan
09-03-2013, 01:29 PM
Hopefully they can find someone she last spoke to or where she was last seen to check the roads etc that she may have traveled.

CindyEvansKTS
09-03-2013, 03:55 PM
Most recent updates:

UPDATE 9/03/2013
"Seeking family member or local friend of Brenda Suiter, who is still missing (and I personally spoke to her boss about 1/2 hour ago). Police are doing NOTHING until they have a report from a FAMILY MEMBER that Brenda is missing. I just called & talked to WTVQ News Ops Manager Michelle Michael at 859-294-6028 (previous # wrong). Michelle called police who said they can't do ANYTHING until they hear from a FAMILY MEMBER that she's missing, so they're not going to report on it, either. I told Michelle I wasn't aware of Brenda having any family in the area. So please, if you are a family member, contact police. If you are a close/local friend who knows she has no family in the area, contact police and/her boss at Commonwealth Inspection Bureau at 859-863-7800---maybe she has a family member listed on her work personnel files."

UPDATE#2:
"Police have opened a official search today, about an hour ago. Channel 36 will be interviewing at 7:30. Lex 18 new will be aired at 5. Police are keeping in touch with us (a neighbor) daily."

Sounds like we're making good progress in the search, I'm sure roadside hunting will happen (though the routes from Nicholasville to Lexington don't have as many ditches and ravines, it's actually fairly flat in comparison to the rest of the bluegrass... if this had happened up near Sadieville/Crittenden, then hell yeah, that would be suspect number 1) Also deer aren't all the common around here (again, go up by Sadievillie and it's crawling with them)

onekindacowboy
09-03-2013, 04:04 PM
So is that the norm everywhere...that only a family member can initiate a missing person report?

That is kind of sad with so many people making homes away from their family...

Katie89
09-03-2013, 04:21 PM
Thank You for the update Cindy :)

CindyEvansKTS
09-03-2013, 05:31 PM
Just saw a news report on a local news station (NBC affiliate, Lex18) I hear channel 37 is also making a report as well. Sadly the photo was cropped to just her (not including her truck which she's standing next to) and heavily pixelated, but it's a start.

And the fact that they want a family member to make a report is bull, but I understand. But I know plenty of people who's blood runs thicker with friends than family (myself included, though I have a loving family, but they're in Indiana... the local friends are just *THERE* for me more on so many levels and would notice faster)

Now I don't know Brenda well (people keep asking me thinks I just plain don't know the answer to, anything from what is her normal route to work to her emotional status), I have met her once or twice, but she is one of the most sweetest people. Since I have nothing better to do these days than mass post, update, and Facebook stalk for info, I'm doing what I can for her. If anyone finds any more information, PLEASE share it!

onekindacowboy
09-03-2013, 09:05 PM
Shared again on my fb page. Gosh I hope they find her...

Mary
09-03-2013, 09:14 PM
There are a lot of people who don't have family, or no family near them! That attitude is just frightening. Honestly, if I were the police, I would take it very seriously that someone who doesn't know her well is concerned. Something must be obviously very wrong if someone who isn't close is noticing.

I understand that the police get a lot of time-wasters and they are trying to manage ... but really, what matters is if someone is obviously not ok, not what the paperwork looks like .. :mad

Well, at least they are looking now.

They will look in her house and around the property and neighborhood? Have they said what they found there, any indications of what might have happened?

Good for you, Cindy, to stay on this and try for Brenda. Fingers-crossed this comes out ok.

FriesianFury
09-03-2013, 09:17 PM
There are a lot of people who don't have family, or no family near them! That attitude is just frightening. Honestly, if I were the police, I would take it very seriously that someone who doesn't know her well is concerned. Something must be obviously very wrong if someone who isn't close is noticing.

I understand that the police get a lot of time-wasters and they are trying to manage ... but really, what matters is if someone is obviously not ok, not what the paperwork looks like .. :mad

Well, at least they are looking now.

Good for you, Cindy, to stay on this and try for Brenda. Fingers-crossed this comes out ok.

thats what bugs me about we wont look less family says other wise. My husband and I live 1,000 miles away from our hole family and the only person close to me that would notice if we went missing is Natalie K and she is just a close friend. I cant see why the options of close friends or workers cant report someone if they been missing for a few days and no one has heard them.

Stumbleine
09-03-2013, 09:48 PM
I agree, that attitude is frightening. If I went missing you could bet that my mom would be calling the police. And not even ASAP, we can go a week without calling or seeing each other when it's not Model Horse Show Season, especially when she's busy being a teacher in the winter. My boyfriend doesn't talk to his parents very often! Not because they don't get along or even live particularly far away, they just have their own lives. If I didn't live with him and he went missing, I would assume it would be his boss wondering where he was way before his family....

Either way, I'm hoping so much that there is a good outcome. I shared on my facebook page as well.

:(

Beethovens7th
09-03-2013, 09:51 PM
CINDY!!! Just had a thought: don't know i anyone has expressed this yet, or not, but have you or anyone checked the area hospitals for her to see if maybe she checked herself in or got into an accident and got admitted????

Katie89
09-03-2013, 09:58 PM
CINDY!!! Just had a thought: don't know i anyone has expressed this yet, or not, but have you or anyone checked the area hospitals for her to see if maybe she checked herself in or got into an accident and got admitted????

I think I seen on the Facebook page of one of the people staying on top of it that they did do that. It's a good thought though :)

CindyEvansKTS
09-03-2013, 10:05 PM
Yup, first thing they did aside from contact police and try to get to her dogs to take care of them.

CindyEvansKTS
09-04-2013, 12:02 PM
http://www.wkyt.com/news/state/headlines/Jessamine-County-deputies-investigating-case-of-missing-woman-222236101.html

This station claims that deputies got word she was in email contact with someone from California, can anyone confirm this?

MBPearls
09-04-2013, 12:12 PM
Generally police like a family member to report missing because it's assumed (not always accurately) that your family will have a better idea of your habits, and you'll tell them if you're planning on going somewhere. I generally don't tell all my friends if I'm going out of town for a weekend, so it would be a pretty big waste of time if someone saw I wasn't online for 24 hours and decided to call the police and report me missing.

Adults also can move freely, so police aren't going to jump right on a "missing" adult case because as adults, we have the right (and means) to disappear of our own free will.

I know we all like to armchair quarterback, especially police matters, but in all reality there will never be enough officers on the street to do everything that everyone thinks they should do, while still doing things that keep us all safe. Yes, it's tragic when it's someone we know or have a connection to, but I get the feeling a big sentiment is the police aren't doing anything because of "paperwork". I have a more intimate behind-the-scenes knowledge of police and how they operate, and I kinda wish everyone could see that because maybe then they'd have a little more compassion and understanding of where the police are coming from.

Mary
09-04-2013, 12:13 PM
http://www.wkyt.com/news/state/headlines/Jessamine-County-deputies-investigating-case-of-missing-woman-222236101.html

This station claims that deputies got word she was in email contact with someone from California, can anyone confirm this?

Excerpt from the link: "On Tuesday night, sheriff's deputies said Suiter has had email contact with a friend in California, so they think she's okay."

Are they really trying???

"Email contact" with "someone in California"? That is certainly not enough for me! Will they tell you or someone close to her who she had email contact with, when, and what she said about where she is now? It's still possible for email to be delayed, even for days, it may not be current.

There is no nailing down "email with someone in California." What we wanted to hear was "Brenda has been located at [address here] and she is fine."

Just sayin'.

Have they been in her house?

Katie89
09-04-2013, 12:17 PM

If that's true I'd hope she contact neighbors via phone to let everyone know she is okay.

Katie89
09-04-2013, 12:20 PM
Excerpt from the link: "On Tuesday night, sheriff's deputies said Suiter has had email contact with a friend in California, so they think she's okay."

Are they really trying???

"Email contact" with "someone in California"? That is certainly not enough for me! Will they tell you or someone close to her who she had email contact with, when, and what she said about where she is now? It's still possible for email to be delayed, even for days, it may not be current.

There is no nailing down "email with someone in California." What we wanted to hear was "Brenda has been located at [address here] and she is fine."

Just sayin'.

Have they been in her house?

You pretty much said what I wanted to say. I just don't feel okay by that statement (the part about SOMEONE in CALIFORNIA") at all. Paraphrasing from what the neighbors said: "she is a creature of habit and she loves her dogs. She wouldn't just up and leave them and not make sure they are cared for."

Not trying to play "armchair police officer." I know their jobs are hard and she is an adult, but still...

solticeart
09-04-2013, 12:24 PM
or anyone could be saying they are her via email, that has happened before. has anyone actually talked to her or seen her in person since then? Id think the police would want to actually see her in person just to make sure she is really ok.
Id do hope she is ok and this is true though.

calfcaller
09-04-2013, 12:40 PM
I bought from Brenda too. I am in Lexignton and she has a place on a creek. It was flooded last time I was shopping there. The creek had gotten up into her house. We have hard rains the past two weeks so I hope Brenda just went to stay with friends until weather outcome was better. Not sure about her dogs. Maybe someone was supposed to be caring for them. Hope she contacts someone soon. She is a nice person the two times I shopped at her place.

onekindacowboy
09-04-2013, 01:06 PM
But I don't think 3 to 4 days of no contact is friends and employers wasting a PD's time.

I see your point but sometimes "rules" need to be bent due to circumstances

onekindacowboy
09-04-2013, 01:11 PM
And I would like to see statistics that family members make less reports of people gone missing who really aren't versus best friend, neighbors or employers...
There have been many cases around is where family members have been reported missing when they were just getting away from it all....but then again I feel most of those people do need help!

onekindacowboy
09-04-2013, 01:15 PM
And I would also counter that a best friend may have a better idea of a persons true state of mind than family members at times
......many times people put on brave fronts for their family

Mary
09-04-2013, 01:39 PM
I'll assume someone has been to the house, since the pets are accounted for and that must have been where they were.

If I were the police, this would be my thinking:

- If she's single and lives alone, since the death of her boyfriend ... who would she need to get away from?

- And single people who love their pets do not just leave them. Sometimes a caretaker doesn't come through - that happens. But someone who has been living a stable life as long as Brenda has is not likely to have a caretaker bug out on her pets. She will know who can be relied on.

.... (and I'm reaching I know because I'm not a trained police officer, and I do respect them, but still ... )

This does not sound like a troubled teenager or an abused wife who might take off without telling the family, knowing that people were still there to look after the pets and property. Single ladies living alone are rather different about those things.

And to me this does not sound like something she planned, because of the pets.

The best case scenario is that it really is just a miscommunication/misunderstanding, and she is somewhere and just doesn't know someone is looking for her. Hoping for that.

Erin
09-04-2013, 01:48 PM
The best case scenario is that it really is just a miscommunication/misunderstanding, and she is somewhere and just doesn't know someone is looking for her. Hoping for that.

That is what I too am hoping for. She went on vacation and had a pet/house sitter lined up who flaked out, and is somewhere out of cell range having a relaxing few days, totally unaware of all of this. Fingers crossed.

solticeart
09-04-2013, 02:06 PM
wait, I thought her work was also worried about her? if she was going on a vacation or something don't you think she would tell her employer? It just seems odd to me is all. God I hope she is ok and its not someone pretending to be her or holding her to have use of her money and or truck for as long as they can?

Brenda
09-04-2013, 02:33 PM
As a single person with pets, I would not go ANYWHERE without knowing they were being cared for first. My cats are my "babies" and their welfare comes first. If I can't find someone to care for them while I'm gone, I won't go. I might hide out in my house for awhile if I'm feeling that down about something, but I wouldn't leave my cats uncared for.

I hope, like a couple of others have said, that she's staying with friends or something and just doesn't realize that she's being looked for. I don't like that part of the article, either, that says she's been in contact with a friend in California. It's just too vague.

curlinfan
09-04-2013, 03:37 PM
I'm a very good friend of Brenda's. I've known her for 12 - 15 years. I've known her so long that I can't remember exactly when I met her. She has been my Breyer dealer since she became an official dealer. I've been to her home, she's been to my apt. We've gone out to eat and we've gone to shows together. Something is definitely WRONG. She was at my apt. all afternoon on August 18 and she was fine. She was her typical happy, normal self. I spoke to her on the phone a week ago. We talked for an hour and nothing was amiss. Part of our conversation was about her 5 dogs. We were trying to find some model horse shows to attend and she kept saying the shows had to be close since she would not leave her dogs. She would only go to shows that were day trips, not weekend trips. I have been in contact with the police and her employer. I spoke to her boss twice yesterday and I have spoken to the sheriff's deputy in charge of the case countless times. He called me this am with several questions including some about the "friend" in CA. There is some confusion about when she vanished. First reports said she never made it to work Friday am, then her boss said she was at work early then "left" about 9:30 even though he was not in the office when she left. He came back from a job to find her gone with the keys on her desk. Now there are reports that the mailman delivered mail to the office between 10:30 and 11:00 am and she was there. Her purse, cell phone and keys were found in her home on her desk. The neighbors across the street saw her Thursday August 29. They spoke to her when she came across the street to bring them paperwork for a car they had bought from her. She was fine. She was planning on going to a cookout on Saturday. Friday morning when the man left for work her truck was in the drive and none of the dogs were outside. When his wife went out at 8:00 am the truck was gone and two of the dogs, the Dobermans, were out in the yard. That is all normal. They didn't realize anything was wrong until that afternoon when her boss should up at her house looking for her. There has been no confirmed contact with her since the neighbors Thursday pm or the mailman Friday am. It's not looking good. Please say a prayer.

ShamrockFarmsInc.
09-04-2013, 04:12 PM
Just went through all of the above with my husband who does SAR
Hoping leads will get needed info for finding Brenda!

RobinHoodFan
09-04-2013, 05:10 PM
:sad

curlinfan
09-04-2013, 05:21 PM
UPDATE. I have some info on the friend in CA. It's a woman I'll call "Sue" (not her real name obviously). Brenda and Sue haven't met face to face. They only know each other through the Internet. They're both members of the same Instant Horse Racing group. They e-mail, text and have occasionally talked on the phone. I've been aware of Sue for quite a while but I've never had contact with her. As horse racing fans Sue would go to the race tracks whenever there was a promotional event, get the free stuff and then mail some of it to Brenda. Brenda has shown me posters, t-shirts, programs and similar things that Sue has sent her. Some of them were autographed by jockeys or trainers. Brenda even asked her to send and extra for me on occasion. Sue says that she got an e-mail that was suppose to be Brenda on Saturday. The message was short and Sue suspects that it's not really Brenda. The wording and tone were not quite right. She has no proof that it was or was not Brenda. The police assume it was and that Brenda left of her own free will and is now on her way to CA to visit with Sue because Brenda is upset over her boyfriend Charles, who died of a massive heart attack on May 31st. This doesn't make any sense! Why would Brenda abandon her dogs to drive across the country to cry on the shoulder of a person she's never met! If she's depressed over losing Charles wouldn't she turn to the people closest to her and Charles? Their neighbors and long time friends. She could have come to me or the Lawsons. Nothing about this makes any sense and I'm going to keep calling the police and trying to stay on top of things. I know her other friends in the area are doing the same. Thanks for all of your help and support. Keep praying for Brenda.

solticeart
09-04-2013, 05:23 PM
Oh man I hope she is found. The thing about a friend in california to me sounds weird.

Shaheen
09-04-2013, 05:29 PM
This just seems suspicious. I doubt that she would knowingly leave her dogs uncared for, and after reading Curlinfan's post where it says her purse, cell phone, and keys were found on her desk, in her home, well, how many women would go anywhere without those items under normal circumstances? :(

Erin
09-04-2013, 05:36 PM
This just seems suspicious. I doubt that she would knowingly leave her dogs uncared for, and after reading Curlinfan's post where it says her purse, cell phone, and keys were found on her desk, in her home, well, how many women would go anywhere without those items under normal circumstances? :(

This does not seem normal at ALL. The more info we hear, the worse it all sounds I have to say. Hoping hoping hoping there is still some way it's not the worst things we're all thinking.

WPDR
09-04-2013, 05:42 PM
I posted on two of Breyers forums on their website as well. Man I hope they can find her!

Savannaicus
09-04-2013, 06:12 PM
My prayers are going out for her...

Brenda
09-04-2013, 06:16 PM
UPDATE. I have some info on the friend in CA. It's a woman I'll call "Sue" (not her real name obviously). Brenda and Sue haven't met face to face. They only know each other through the Internet. They're both members of the same Instant Horse Racing group. They e-mail, text and have occasionally talked on the phone. I've been aware of Sue for quite a while but I've never had contact with her. As horse racing fans Sue would go to the race tracks whenever there was a promotional event, get the free stuff and then mail some of it to Brenda. Brenda has shown me posters, t-shirts, programs and similar things that Sue has sent her. Some of them were autographed by jockeys or trainers. Brenda even asked her to send and extra for me on occasion. Sue says that she got an e-mail that was suppose to be Brenda on Saturday. The message was short and Sue suspects that it's not really Brenda. The wording and tone were not quite right. She has no proof that it was or was not Brenda. The police assume it was and that Brenda left of her own free will and is now on her way to CA to visit with Sue because Brenda is upset over her boyfriend Charles, who died of a massive heart attack on May 31st. This doesn't make any sense! Why would Brenda abandon her dogs to drive across the country to cry on the shoulder of a person she's never met! If she's depressed over losing Charles wouldn't she turn to the people closest to her and Charles? Their neighbors and long time friends. She could have come to me or the Lawsons. Nothing about this makes any sense and I'm going to keep calling the police and trying to stay on top of things. I know her other friends in the area are doing the same. Thanks for all of your help and support. Keep praying for Brenda.

Im glad there's someone local that is able to keep on the police about this. It doesn't make sense...the whole California thing. Like you said...she has friends nearby she could turn to for support and not need to drive all the way to California to cry on the shoulder of someone she's never met. Maybe if she didn't have the dogs and she needed to get away for awhile, that I'd understand, but if she's as devoted to them as it sounds like...nope. I don't buy it.

shastaharley
09-04-2013, 06:38 PM
I certainly hope she shows up and all is explained but wow, it really sounds suspicious. If her keys were found at her home how did she start her truck? Did the mailman actually see her at work? Did she have the kind of job where she could just leave without telling anyone? And if she left her purse behind how far would she go without money, credit cards, identification? The whole things just sounds off. And the person in CA saying she got an email, what did the email say? So many questions. I pray that it is all explainable and that she is fine.

Katie89
09-04-2013, 06:39 PM
Oh my :sad I keep hoping for good news when I turn to this thread. I'll just keep hoping and keeping her in my thoughts for a safe return.

solticeart
09-04-2013, 07:31 PM
yea, how the hell did she go anyplace without keys and money? if her purse is at home then the cops have got to know she wouldn't leave that! and her keys? you can't drive with no keys? that is weird. how was her truck driven away with no keys or were they just her house keys? But I know she wouldn't, as would any woman, go anyplace without her purse! or phone! that right there sounds like she went with someone and not of her own free will if she left all that behind. I'd be out looking for her truck. If its gone she may be with or near it or whoever has it might have her. They do I hope have the license plate number so they can be on the lookout for it. This just keeps getting weirder and weirder.
Hey I had a thought. Has she hired anyone recently to do any work around her place? like roofing, yard work, anything at all repaired? because if so they would know she lives alone! and nay want to take advantage of that. that would be a place to start looking, if you can find out if any repairman or anyone has been ho her place in the past 3 to 6 months.

onekindacowboy
09-04-2013, 08:45 PM
I am hoping that the police are simply going about the police process in all of this. Maybe they are keeping some information back for the sake of finding her.

Brenda
09-04-2013, 08:47 PM
I am hoping that the police are simply going about the police process in all of this. Maybe they are keeping some information back for the sake of finding her.

That is entirely possible

Mary
09-05-2013, 08:32 AM
It just doesn't sound like she planned to leave.

I always wonder when the police don't sound enthusiastic about any case - don't they want to be the heroes who solved this? I would think this would be a case they would be all over, because it is probably solve-able with their resources. The lady is not a drifter, she has roots and a routine. The locations she goes, the people she knows, are all easily known and investigated thoroughly.

One technique the police may be using is to talk to everyone she ever has contact with. As well as can be done, identify the date and time each person last saw her and/or talked to her and where she was at the time. That can help define more exactly when she actually lost contact with her world.

A way civilians have done this to help gather the information is to create a Facebook page for finding the missing person. Encourage everyone who knows her to post that information on the Facebook page.

Have the police investigated her banking and credit card activity? And her cell phone? I realize we may not have the privilege of knowing everything they have done. I would love to hear that at least one officer has the assignment of finding her.

curlinfan
09-05-2013, 09:38 AM
I had a message last night from a mutual friend. The e-mail message was traced to Arkansas! Detective Peel of the Jessamine County Sheriff's department is assigned to the case. The story her friends are getting is that Brenda had a normal Friday am, went to work and arrived at her usual time. Worked 2 to 3 hours then abruptly left to go to CA to visit a woman she knew from that internet horse racing group. Does this make sense to anyone? She had plans for the weekend to go to a cookout and was fine the day before she disappeared. So she gets up on Friday am and goes through her normal routine. She's at work, a place she has been employed for almost 15 years, then abruptly leaves for no apparent reason. There is no note or message for her boss. She leaves the office keys on her desk but somehow manages to lock the office door, which is a deadbolt, behind her. She gets in her truck and heads for CA, to visit a woman she has never actually met, ditching her job, her friends and abandoning her dogs. And, oh yeah, her purse, keys and cellphone are at home on her desk. So either she did not take them to work with her (HUH?) or, after she left work, she went home and dropped them off before heading to CA via Arkansas. If you can find any logic or common sense in this scenario would you please explain it to me?

Beethovens7th
09-05-2013, 09:44 AM
Man, Curlinfan, that is both odd and scary.:(

onekindacowboy
09-05-2013, 09:49 AM
I am sorry. These are always difficult. We had a past youth we had worked with go missing a couple of years ago. She left her workplace-where she had an apartment. She was supposed to meet college classmates to head to a horse show (sans horses). She never showed up to the meeting place. Her phone was on the table at her parents house (she had not been living there). She was missing for over a week or two. A journal was found that was very very fantastic in it's writings. As in a fantasy world fantastic. There was activity on her debit card. Her parents kept putting money into the account. She went to the Grand Canyon and California from the midwest. One day her mom got up in the middle of the night and there she was sitting at the kitchen table.........

But once again. She still needed to be found. She needed help. I can only think that the outpouring of support seen online would help her realize that she did have a support group if she saw it. So I feel that there were no mistakes made in contacting the police and posting nonstop on social media.

RobinHoodFan
09-05-2013, 10:22 AM
I had a message last night from a mutual friend. The e-mail message was traced to Arkansas! Detective Peel of the Jessamine County Sheriff's department is assigned to the case. The story her friends are getting is that Brenda had a normal Friday am, went to work and arrived at her usual time. Worked 2 to 3 hours then abruptly left to go to CA to visit a woman she knew from that internet horse racing group. Does this make sense to anyone? She had plans for the weekend to go to a cookout and was fine the day before she disappeared. So she gets up on Friday am and goes through her normal routine. She's at work, a place she has been employed for almost 15 years, then abruptly leaves for no apparent reason. There is no note or message for her boss. She leaves the office keys on her desk but somehow manages to lock the office door, which is a deadbolt, behind her. She gets in her truck and heads for CA, to visit a woman she has never actually met, ditching her job, her friends and abandoning her dogs. And, oh yeah, her purse, keys and cellphone are at home on her desk. So either she did not take them to work with her (HUH?) or, after she left work, she went home and dropped them off before heading to CA via Arkansas. If you can find any logic or common sense in this scenario would you please explain it to me?

Something's wrong :( That's just way too weird.

Was she on any sorts of medications? Anti-depressants? Anything? Some medications can have some really funky and scary side effects...

mechanicaljen
09-05-2013, 10:29 AM
This is so scary. I hope she is found safe and sound, soon.

onekindacowboy
09-05-2013, 10:42 AM
Something's wrong :( That's just way too weird.

Was she on any sorts of medications? Anti-depressants? Anything? Some medications can have some really funky and scary side effects...

This is exactly what we were thinking in the situation I posted. In the end none of us ever knew what really went on and it had a happy outcome. She is now happy again. I hope this will be the case with Brenda.

Mary
09-05-2013, 10:42 AM

I agree that I can't think of common sense explanation for why she would go to CA, how she got there without her car keys and no money gas or other transportation. (Although she could have spare keys in her truck.)

What sounds like common sense to me is that she is not far away from her home, work, pets, purse & car keys. The lack of communications tells me she is almost certainly in need of help.

My thought is a health incident of some kind. Television notwithstanding, bad guys who make people disappear are scarce and the odds of encountering one are pretty small. Although it sounds as if the odds of Brenda going missing like this were pretty small, as well.

I assume that by now the police officer has information from her bank/cc's and cell phone, or will have it shortly. That will also help identify the "stopping point" of her own independent actions.

Anyone who has her cell phone number should continue to try to call her. So long as the phone is intact and the battery is not dead, each call will ping the location of the phone. If the phone is not being used the battery could last for several days, if it was fully charged ... depending on the phone/battery, of course. Missing people have been tracked this way before, even if they aren't answering.

Gilder
09-05-2013, 10:46 AM
I thought the cell phone was found at home on her desk...?

CindyEvansKTS
09-05-2013, 12:09 PM
I thought the cell phone was found at home on her desk...?

That's how I understood it. Calling her cell will do nothing if it's at home/with the cops.

Katie89
09-05-2013, 12:21 PM
Makes no sense at all. Keeping hope, that's all one can do (that are not directly in the thick of things). Yes a Facebook page may be helpful.

Ghost_Wolf_Ranch
09-05-2013, 12:32 PM
Is there a bloodhound they can bring in? They can follow a scent even if a person is in a car, from what I understand. (correct me if I'm wrong)

CindyEvansKTS
09-05-2013, 12:34 PM
Is there a bloodhound they can bring in? They can follow a scent even if a person is in a car, from what I understand. (correct me if I'm wrong)

Its been a week and it's rained since then. Plus, she's not known to be an immediate danger/threat or be in immediate danger/threat. I highly doubt they'd call a dog in.

spookhorse01
09-05-2013, 12:45 PM
It takes an immediate threat and a place to start to get search and rescue teams in with a bloodhound. I don't believe that Jessamine Country Sheriff has any K9s, if they do, its doubtful they have a bloodhound available. But obviously, the sheriff's dept doesn't feel like they need to bring one in. Now if her truck is found in the area, a family member may be able to push for the sheriff's dept to bring in a SAR group with a bloodhound to check the area around her truck. Other specialized dogs would also be available for searches if the bloodhound couldn't find anything to start from.

spookhorse01
09-05-2013, 12:52 PM
I think the reason why the sheriff's dept isn't bringing full force to bear here is is the fact that they don't consider her lost, but that she is an adult who doesn't want to be found. So that and the finances of being a small county are prohibitive. Its likely that even if a particular officer wants to help, his hands will be tied unless someone finds definitive proof that Brenda didn't leave on her own, despite how unlikely that seems to us.

solticeart
09-05-2013, 02:03 PM
you know what, someone get ahold of the Nancy Grace tv show on HLN and if they will put something about her on the show which they do when someone goes missing just like this! it can really help to light a fire under the cops butts if they are not taking this very seriously. It has really helped other missing person cases in the past when they were saying oh she could be a runaway or she is an adult so we cant do anything, when its obvious this is not right! she would not leave her purse and keys and hone at home and leave her dogs like this. She is sick or hurt or was taken. If she let on her own and was in her right mind I'd be shocked as hell.

curlinfan
09-05-2013, 02:17 PM
I thought about Nancy Grace, even though I don't watch her show. If nothing happens this weekend, if Brenda doesn't come home or isn't found we may need to go to the national media. If she's driving to CA then the word needs to spread nationally. I did get a call from my friend Hope Pesner and she has contacted Breyer and talked to Kirsten. Since Brenda was an official Breyer Dealer we're hoping they will post something on their Facebook Page and on their website. We're even talking about offering a reward for her safe return. I'm going to e-mail her one more time and fingers crossed that she responds. If not then we'll decide what our next step should be.
Brenda doesn't have her cell phone with her but she must have her laptop if she is e-mailing that woman in CA. She's not on any medications that I'm aware of and she doesn't really drink alcohol. The only things I've seen her drink are soda and sweet tea. She went to a BBQ on August 17th and was told to bring the marguerita mix and had no idea what it was! When she went to the Liquor Barn to get it she was floored by all the options and had to ask the store person for help selecting something. She told me about it when she spent the afternoon with me on the 18th. She was a little embarassed by the whole thing. When I asked her if she tried a marguerita she said "Of Course! After all that trouble!" When I asked how she liked it she screwed up her face and said "EEHHH! I'd rather have a good sweet tea."
So you can see how out of character this disappearance is.

onekindacowboy
09-05-2013, 02:41 PM
I don't see why it is such a jump for the authorities to think of her as ill and possibly in danger. If she left on her own account and is wandering the country there is no other explanation. To me it doesn't matter if it was drugs, alcohol, alzheimers, depression, schizophrenia, grief....or whatever....she needs help.........not to mention if it was at the hand of another......thus she needs to be found......

I still hold out hope they are still taking calls and working on the case and just don't have the time to formally report.

kylee_de
09-05-2013, 02:57 PM
Has anyone thought about starting a thread in the missing forum on www.websleuths.com? There are a ton of people on there that have knowledge about how to move forward with something like this.

solticeart
09-05-2013, 03:03 PM
yes if she isn't heard from by this weekend then I would contact the Nancy Grace show. I used to watch it and do if its something like a missing person or something like that ( all the trail stuff though they way overdue on that channel so I get sick of it) but they are the ones I think would be your best bet on getting it national. That and any local crime reporters would be good also. Tv and or newspapers in the largest town near her.

ALso I find it hard to believe she took her laptop but not her phone and purse! I have a feeling it wasn't her emailing especially if it was from east of Kentucky and she was supposedly heading west. Has this cal friend heard back from her since the initial email and has she heard from the cops?

CindyEvansKTS
09-05-2013, 03:19 PM
Here's the thing about people online going "Has anyone thought to do THIS?"... it doesn't do much good. Have they check the sides of the road? Has someone checked hospitals? Did the cops talk to her boss? ALL of this has been done. The are the kind of questions I've seen over and over on the picture I posted on my studio page. They are not as inept as we think they are, OBVIOUSLY they did these things.

It's very easy to come up with creative and imaginative scenarios, but honestly, no one can follow through with most of them except for the deputies assigned to the case. And they are following the book/doing what they can with what they have. Nicholasville is a small, poor town in comparison to Lexington. It's got it's share of seedy folk, sure. But as much as we want to help, coming up with ideas of what may have happened and offering suggestions that aren't feasible in this situation won't help.. and may actually hurt in that people may pass on information that isn't true. I'm also worried about people that think that everything's ok. Reporting that she did make it to work and "some friend emailed her and the cops think she's fine" reduces the worry for some people who don't know her well.

I'm not saying the cops are the top sleuths, but they don't know her from adam. They are going by what they were trained to do. No one there wants to be a hero and I'm fairly certain most cops are taught NOT to try to be one, lest they do something stupid or assume something as truth that has not been cleared as such. I'm not sure how often people get reported missing around there, and the holiday weekend really slowed down the response (no one notices what is "unusual" with a neighbor Labor-Day weekend, they just might have plans)

If you want to help, continue to spread her picture and information. Include the truck and it's descpription, because as far as I know, it's still missing as well. Finding the truck can be a MAJOR clue to where she went (whether it is in a ditch somewhere or some asshole stole it).

From the sound of it, her laptop/email may have been compromised. NO ONE is certain of her current health before she went missing. She was in her 50's, and presumed healthy and of right mind. Something like a stroke may have happened, but it's all imagination until we know for sure, so don't focus on it.

onekindacowboy
09-05-2013, 03:30 PM
I want to share it again on FB. Do we have a license plate on the truck?

onekindacowboy
09-05-2013, 03:35 PM
Hey if you share this link
http://articles.centralkynews.com/2013-09-03/jessaminejournal/41736148_1_suiter-jessamine-county-sheriff-office-seeking-public
on your FB page it brings up her DMV picture and links to the article

makes a concise post

CindyEvansKTS
09-05-2013, 03:47 PM
Hey if you share this link
http://articles.centralkynews.com/2013-09-03/jessaminejournal/41736148_1_suiter-jessamine-county-sheriff-office-seeking-public
on your FB page it brings up her DMV picture and links to the article

makes a concise post

See, THAT article worries me. I know from a CLOSE neighbor who said they couldn't get to the dogs as of Monday morning (and were waiting for Shriffis to let them in so they could). Those dogs were alone all weekend, not "taken care of since Friday"

Such miscommunications make me wonder. Also, assuming she's out of town based off of an EMAIL is not a good basis. Email can be hacked. It's typed word, not written, anyone could have done it. I know it's all the cops have to go on, but I don't feel that's reportable news, nor is it a good idea to imply she's probably fine. (People start to stop caring/give up/won't share)

onekindacowboy
09-05-2013, 03:57 PM
I didn't get that vibe at all from that article. And it has the proper numbers.

Is there a different one.

Kristi Hale
09-05-2013, 04:02 PM
See, THAT article worries me. I know from a CLOSE neighbor who said they couldn't get to the dogs as of Monday morning (and were waiting for Shriffis to let them in so they could). Those dogs were alone all weekend, not "taken care of since Friday"

Such miscommunications make me wonder. Also, assuming she's out of town based off of an EMAIL is not a good basis. Email can be hacked. It's typed word, not written, anyone could have done it. I know it's all the cops have to go on, but I don't feel that's reportable news, nor is it a good idea to imply she's probably fine. (People start to stop caring/give up/won't share)
OK, so which article should we be sharing?

CindyEvansKTS
09-05-2013, 04:54 PM
OK, so which article should we be sharing?

Share whatever you want, word is word, and it apparently has been picked up by the local stations with varying versions of that. I'm just angry that there's conflicting reports and that they're reporting assumptions. ("She email-contacted someone so she's probably fine")

onekindacowboy
09-05-2013, 05:02 PM
I know you are angry, upset and close to the situation but it really doesn't come across that bad or that presumptive in just reading the article with no background:)

Northern Lone Ranger
09-05-2013, 05:52 PM
Hoping Brenda will be found safe soon!

I will be away all weekend with no internet but will be thinking of her.

Lindy P

CindyEvansKTS
09-05-2013, 06:10 PM
I know you are angry, upset and close to the situation but it really doesn't come across that bad or that presumptive in just reading the article with no background:)

I'm not upset like how you think. I barely know Brenda, I've only met her once, it's not like I'm emotionally invested and letting that control what I say. I'm just saying that from an actual investigation point of view, this is not adding up nor does it seem wise in some decisions. I hope that I just haven't heard certain information or that someone else has reported something that isn't true.

afleetalex
09-05-2013, 07:51 PM
I really hope there is some good news soon. :(

Stumbleine
09-05-2013, 10:09 PM
This is such a confusing nightmare for those who know Brenda :(

I hope the cops are being aloof because they are working on the case and don't want to reveal too much information. That's all I can hope.

If not.... it is a damn shame that police cannot take the word of those who are close to Brenda that she WOULD NOT do this. While family/friend intuition is wrong sometimes, a lot, A LOT of times it is right. Yes we are adults and if I want to set out on foot tomorrow without my money or my cell phone that's my right, but my friends and family would know I wouldn't do that. A scary situation happened with a college student in my area last year, and the cops found her cell phone and wallet and deemed that she left on her own (she hadn't, it turns out.) I texted my mother, "by the way, if I ever disappear I DIDN'T DO IT ON PURPOSE." On my most paranoid days (like today, after updating myself on the search for Brenda) I feel like I need to write this out and sign it with my own blood so that my family would have proof.

CindyEvansKTS
09-06-2013, 05:58 AM
This is such a confusing nightmare for those who know Brenda :(

I hope the cops are being aloof because they are working on the case and don't want to reveal too much information. That's all I can hope.

If not.... it is a damn shame that police cannot take the word of those who are close to Brenda that she WOULD NOT do this. While family/friend intuition is wrong sometimes, a lot, A LOT of times it is right. Yes we are adults and if I want to set out on foot tomorrow without my money or my cell phone that's my right, but my friends and family would know I wouldn't do that. A scary situation happened with a college student in my area last year, and the cops found her cell phone and wallet and deemed that she left on her own (she hadn't, it turns out.) I texted my mother, "by the way, if I ever disappear I DIDN'T DO IT ON PURPOSE." On my most paranoid days (like today, after updating myself on the search for Brenda) I feel like I need to write this out and sign it with my own blood so that my family would have proof.

I will say that this has caused me to take some precautions in case I ever disappear (which, btw, I will likely NEVER do on purpose either :P ) I like to think that me being such a big, strong girl I'd never be a target of an attack, but hey, if someone's gotta gun, not much you can do. I went through my friends list and made sure to label all of my family members I'm friends with on there, making sure my passwords to accounts and things are written down *somewhere,* but the main thing is that I let SOMEONE know where I'm going at all times. Especially if it's big or I go out of town and the critters need fed. That's a habit I've always had. So hey everyone, if I ever do something out of character... you know to unleash the hounds! :P

curlinfan
09-06-2013, 08:53 AM
I called Detective Peel yesterday and left a message but still haven't heard back from him. A friend of Brenda's from the Instant Horse Racing group called my last evening. Someone sent her a message on her smart phone with a link to a small news article. The article said that Brenda's disappearance was being investigated in conjunction with a financial fraud case. Early this am the local NBC news, Channel 18, also had a small blurb. It said that the Lexington Police Department had opened a criminal investigation that was connected to the disappearance of Brenda Suiter of Nicholasville. The police would not comment further since it was an ongoing investigation and the Jessamine County Sheriff still has Brenda listed as a missing person. What does all this mean? There are 3 possibilities. She stole money from her employer and is on the run from the law. She realized that some serious crime was happening at her office and, fearing for her life, she left town. Or she realized that some serious crime was happening at her office and the person/s responsible have harmed her. I'm going to Garrard County this weekend. Brenda's longtime friends, people she's known for over 30 year have a farm there. We are going to get together, try to figure out what is going on and decide what our next step should be. Right now I'm so overwhelmed and confused I just don't know what to think. I'm still hoping we'll find her and she can come home to her dogs and the people who love her.

Katie89
09-06-2013, 09:43 AM
Oh man. :sad

Kristi Hale
09-06-2013, 10:16 AM
Curiouser and curiouser.

Mary
09-06-2013, 11:53 AM
Add me to the list - if I suddenly disappear, FOR HEAVEN'S SAKE LOOK FOR ME!! :lol And take care of the dog. The horse is fine where he is until the end of the month. Whatever is going on, at the very least I will need someone to come give me a ride home. :)

That is an interesting news development ... and again it is presented as a fairly vague connection. Worst case scenario, if someone thought they needed to scamper with something that doesn't belong to them - wouldn't they at least call someone and tell them to care for the pets?

I will reserve judgment and think the best of Brenda until there is no doubt what her involvement is or is not. The insinuation of this report still does not explain everything to me. And it seems inconsistent with the person so many hobbyists did business with. The worst is that if she did nothing wrong, I'm afraid that news report may follow her around for the rest of her life.

Erin
09-06-2013, 11:54 AM
I will reserve judgment and think the best of Brenda until there is no doubt what her involvement is or is not. The insinuation of this report still does not explain everything to me. And it seems inconsistent with the person so many hobbyists did business with. The worst is that if she did nothing wrong, I'm afraid that news report may follow her around for the rest of her life.

This is one case where a little bit of information is way worse than no information at all, because it looks really bad...

Katie89
09-06-2013, 12:53 PM
Add me to the list - if I suddenly disappear, FOR HEAVEN'S SAKE LOOK FOR ME!! :lol

:agreed :agreed :agreed

This is one case where a little bit of information is way worse than no information at all, because it looks really bad...

:agreed We are all wanting more info but these little bits here and little bits there given out to different stations does NOT help. There could me more to the story that the police are not ready to share yet. But again, some things don't add up at all.

WPDR
09-06-2013, 01:47 PM
I just read this on the Breyer site forum I posted the story on.

posted Sep 05,2013 9:30 pm by GoForWand

I can say she is NOT dead, but my contact isn't allowed to divulge anything right now. That's all I'm allowed to say as well unfortunately. As soon as I know more and am allowed to share I will!

Erin
09-06-2013, 01:54 PM
?????????

This is so Made for TV Movie.

CindyEvansKTS
09-06-2013, 02:11 PM
:agreed We are all wanting more info but these little bits here and little bits there given out to different stations does NOT help. There could me more to the story that the police are not ready to share yet. But again, some things don't add up at all.

That's what I was getting at with the "emailed a friend so we thin she's fine" tidbit. Yes, we want information, but certain pieces of the puzzle from random places given at random moments is not as helpful as it sounds. Public perspective about the situation is just as important as getting vital information. Rumors are the absolute worst thing for this, whether they're true or not.

Brenda
09-06-2013, 02:25 PM

Hmmm. Very interesting (what GoForWand posted)

Katie89
09-06-2013, 02:36 PM
Hmmm. Very interesting (what GoForWand posted)

Yeah it is. Well that's good news if true. Just makes me wonder if she has been found or what...

Beethovens7th
09-06-2013, 02:48 PM
NOT dead?!? How reassuring is that?!?:ppplease

CuttingHorse
09-06-2013, 03:38 PM
Who is GoForWand? I sure hope that Brenda is found soon.:(

I'll repost this on my blog as soon as I'm on my computer, hopefully Brenda is found soon.

Irene
09-06-2013, 03:48 PM
This has got to be the most bizarre situation ever in my 60 years on this earth...:confused:

I just hope and pray that Brenda's fine...:pray

DraytonWoods
09-06-2013, 04:26 PM
Reserving any opinion until we KNOW. "The news" never was super reliable (25 years ago my mom worked in an urban hospital whose admittees would often be on the news with wrong info the next day!) but now, there aren't well-paid, well-trained journalists on the beat that at least try. There are low paid or interns that do online searches, copy Facebook comments, and present them as a news story with headlines designed to get hits. We can't trust anything for beans until the police makes a statement based on their real investigation.

I don't know her from Eve and have no investment, save for hope for a fellow human being to be safe. :)

Brenda
09-06-2013, 05:13 PM
Who is GoForWand? I sure hope that Brenda is found soon.:(

I'll repost this on my blog as soon as I'm on my computer, hopefully Brenda is found soon.

She's a regular contributer on the Breyer forums on their website. I *believe* she lives in Arizona.

Kristi Hale
09-06-2013, 07:26 PM
Given that she left her pets without a caregiver and left her phone, purse, wallet etc behind, the only impression I got from the "fraud" article is that she may have FOUND OUT about someone's wrongdoing and had to hurry into hiding.

Isn't the boss one of the sources of info (regarding what time she was at the office) that seems to conflict with what else is known?

cassiem
09-06-2013, 08:34 PM
subbing. I hope she gets found soon :(

shadow's storm
09-06-2013, 08:38 PM
I have to admit, it would take a LOT of fear to make me leave my dogs/fish/family with no word, no ID etc. Hope they do find her safe and sound.

colleen
09-06-2013, 09:31 PM
hope she is found safe and able to return home to her pets.

horsefreak
09-06-2013, 10:02 PM
?????????

This is so Made for TV Movie.

mechanicaljen
09-07-2013, 06:50 AM
I have to admit, it would take a LOT of fear to make me leave my dogs/fish/family with no word, no ID etc. Hope they do find her safe and sound.

I can't think of a situation where I'd take off without my dogs. I'm sure they exist, but I have a hard time imagining it.

CindyEvansKTS
09-07-2013, 06:54 AM
I can't think of a situation where I'd take off without my dogs. I'm sure they exist, but I have a hard time imagining it.

Against my will is the only way for me.

shadow's storm
09-07-2013, 07:49 AM
:peaceThat is my point, it would have to have been against her will or a case of life or death. Anyone who knows me knows I would not voluntarily leave my animals. And as much as we say we would never leave them, we just don't know. I am sure she never planned to leave her pets either.

JRT Mom
09-07-2013, 09:23 AM
Against my will is the only way for me.

Me, too. I am still praying for a good outcome to this. Truly.

curlinfan
09-07-2013, 09:27 AM
I talked to/was interviewed by the police yesterday afternoon. I can't go into details but the Jessamine County Sheriffs Department and the Lexington Police Department are working on this. They're cooperating and sharing info with each other but not with the media. It was a very revealing conversation and at this point I have to agree with the authorities that she left of her own free will and isn't in physical danger. I have decided to step back and let the police do their job. It is best not to go to the national media at this time. If the circumstances change then that's an option. I want to thank everyone on Blab for your support, advice and all to the help you provided early on. It was very generous of you to share the story on facebook and post about it on your webpages. We, as Brenda's friends and neighbors, truly appreciate it. Keep praying for Brenda.

Beethovens7th
09-07-2013, 09:30 AM
Me, too. I am still praying for a good outcome to this. Truly.

Yeah. Me, too.

mechanicaljen
09-07-2013, 10:00 AM
I've been thinking of her every day.

Jodi
09-07-2013, 10:13 AM
Just read this beginning to end, and it is scary. Praying for Brenda and all those who know her, I hope she is found soon. Will happily take it to my church friends as a prayer point tomorrow :pray

Katie89
09-07-2013, 11:22 AM
I've been thinking of her every day.

Same Here. Every morning one of the first things I do is check this thread to see if there are any updates. Hoping things turn out okay. :)

NatalieK
09-07-2013, 12:28 PM

"Go For Wand Stables" is a Lori C on Model Racing Form (http://www.rbuchheit.kattare.com/MRF/members.htm). I know she used to race in The Express, too, but it's been so long since I was a member of either that I'm no more help than that.

I think Brenda was Sunny Side Stables there, too.

ETA: Yes, she was. See 2nd sire up, Battle Hymn, here (http://www.diddakoi.com/cdm/palisade.htm).

ETA2: Lori Carver (http://draco2.tripod.com/sites.html).

I found an e-mail address for Lori if someone wants it; used as late as April 2013.

TinyHyena
09-07-2013, 12:52 PM
Wow. This is crazy. This thread is one of the first ones I read here when I registered with Blab a few days ago. I was shocked, because I remember Brenda from the old days. I never knew her personally, have encountered her, (in photo shows?...can't remember for sure...) and saw her name in a lot of different places. Was glad to see that she was still active in the hobby and such, but was saddened to hear the news. I just hope everything turns out okay.

~ Amy

Beethovens7th
09-07-2013, 12:56 PM
Wow. This is crazy. This thread is one of the first ones I read here when I registered with Blab a few days ago. I was shocked, because I remember Brenda from the old days. I never knew her personally, have encountered her, (in photo shows?...can't remember for sure...) and saw her name in a lot of different places. Was glad to see that she was still active in the hobby and such, but was saddened to hear the news. I just hope everything turns out okay.

~ Amy

Yeah, i keep coming to this thread hoping for good news.:sad
Amy, welcome to Blab, BTW! :)

Mary
09-07-2013, 01:27 PM
I talked to/was interviewed by the police yesterday afternoon. I can't go into details but the Jessamine County Sheriffs Department and the Lexington Police Department are working on this. They're cooperating and sharing info with each other but not with the media. It was a very revealing conversation and at this point I have to agree with the authorities that she left of her own free will and isn't in physical danger. I have decided to step back and let the police do their job. It is best not to go to the national media at this time. If the circumstances change then that's an option. I want to thank everyone on Blab for your support, advice and all to the help you provided early on. It was very generous of you to share the story on facebook and post about it on your webpages. We, as Brenda's friends and neighbors, truly appreciate it. Keep praying for Brenda.

Well, whatever the situation, hope she is found safe. If she left of her own free will, I wonder if she realized how many people would care for her this much. Even though they did not know her.

Thank you so much curlinfan for your updates and information. Given what you know, I respect your counsel to step back and let the police do their job at this point. :yes :thumbsup

Brenda
09-07-2013, 02:16 PM
But if she left of her own free will, why did she leave behind her purse, keys and cell phone? And why didn't she arrange for her dogs to be cared for?

Like others, I keep checking for updates. Hopefully we get some news soon.

onekindacowboy
09-07-2013, 02:30 PM
People do things that seem out of character all of the time.

I hope she realizes how many people care for her and worry about her.

Forgiveness is a wonderful trait of humans.

Brenda
09-07-2013, 02:35 PM
People do things that seem out of character all of the time.

I hope she realizes how many people care for her and worry about her.

Forgiveness is a wonderful trait of humans.

:agreed

TinyHyena
09-07-2013, 04:35 PM
Yeah, i keep coming to this thread hoping for good news.:sad
Amy, welcome to Blab, BTW! :)

Me, too! I've checked it at least a couple of times every day, since I became a member here earlier in the week. I just keep hoping that this all turns out okay. And thanks for the welcome! :)

~ Amy

Blakhlee
09-07-2013, 06:20 PM
Crossing my fingers everything is OK and she is found safe and well..

LittleBlueBMW
09-07-2013, 09:48 PM
I know Lori, will have to ask.

curlinfan
09-08-2013, 12:27 PM
Good news!! I just got back from Garrard County and finally have something positive to post. Brenda is alive and physically she is fine. She's in contact with her lifelong friends in Garrard County. She's known these people for over 30 years and considers them family. She trusts them. Still don't know her exact location and are trying to convince her to come home. Her dogs are also fine. The people in Garrard County with the farm have the two Dobermans and the couple across the street are taking care of the 3 little dogs. I know you've been praying for her safety and she is safe. Now it's time to pray she returns home. Once again thanks for all of your caring and support. It's help me keep my sanity this past week.

NatalieK
09-08-2013, 12:28 PM
That is good news. Hopefully it's really nothing so serious that it prevents her from returning home.

Mary
09-08-2013, 12:48 PM
That is good news. Hopefully it's really nothing so serious that it prevents her from returning home.

It is very good to hear that physically she is ok and she is safe (it sounds as if she is safe). I hope you'll continue to keep us updated - we're invested now! I hope all will be well with Brenda.

Katie89
09-08-2013, 01:00 PM

It is very good to hear that physically she is ok and she is safe (it sounds as if she is safe). I hope you'll continue to keep us updated - we're invested now! I hope all will be well with Brenda.

:agreed

TinyHyena
09-08-2013, 01:02 PM
Good news!! I just got back from Garrard County and finally have something positive to post. Brenda is alive and physically she is fine. Still don't know her exact location and are trying to convince her to come home. Her dogs are also fine. Now it's time to pray she returns home. Once again thanks for all of your caring and support. It's help me keep my sanity this past week.

Thanks for the update and glad to hear that she's fine and her dogs are fine. This sounds like she's in trouble or something, with the whole "convincing her to come home" thing. I sure hope it's nothing too serious and everything can get back to normal soon with her and those who care about her.

~ Amy

MBPearls
09-08-2013, 02:08 PM
Well, so many posts of people saying how terrible the police have been and look, she did what adults tend to do - leave of her own free will. Police did everything right, including NOT telling the media everything (look, I know we all like to rubberneck and gawk, but the police are doing a JOB here, they don't need untrained people telling them that they need to do THIS or THAT).

Glad she's fine, and hope people learn to be a little more compassionate for policework. Just because you aren't getting detailed notes on everything they've done doesn't mean nothing is getting done.

onekindacowboy
09-08-2013, 02:11 PM
There were a number of us saying that......

Well, so many posts of people saying how terrible the police have been and look, she did what adults tend to do - leave of her own free will. Police did everything right, including NOT telling the media everything (look, I know we all like to rubberneck and gawk, but the police are doing a JOB here, they don't need untrained people telling them that they need to do THIS or THAT).

Glad she's fine, and hope people learn to be a little more compassionate for policework. Just because you aren't getting detailed notes on everything they've done doesn't mean nothing is getting done.

Brenda
09-08-2013, 03:03 PM
I don't think anybody was being uncompassionate or trying to tell the police what to do. Good grief. Asking questions and wondering what was going on isn't telling the police what to do or think they aren't doing their jobs. Do you feel better after posting that crap? I've been involved in law enforcement for more than 20 years and even I wondered what was going on so I don't appreciate your little hand slap.

I'm glad brenda has been in contact with friends and that, physically, she is fine and not in any danger.

Beethovens7th
09-08-2013, 03:26 PM
Very thankful.:yes

Irene
09-08-2013, 04:13 PM
Whew...at least Brenda is ok and with people she trusts and her dogs are being taken care of...:clap

Hopefully as the days unfold this situation will resolve itself.

TinyHyena
09-08-2013, 04:43 PM
Whew...at least Brenda is ok and with people she trusts and her dogs are being taken care of...:clap Hopefully as the days unfold this situation will resolve itself.

I second this. I just hope the best for her whatever the whole situation is. I've "known" her since the 1980's. The times I've encountered her through one thing or another in the hobby she always seemed like such a sweetheart.

~ Amy

Jodi
09-08-2013, 04:49 PM
Thank goodness she is physically ok! Praying for her safe return :)

MBPearls
09-08-2013, 05:09 PM
I don't think anybody was being uncompassionate or trying to tell the police what to do. Good grief. Asking questions and wondering what was going on isn't telling the police what to do or think they aren't doing their jobs. Do you feel better after posting that crap? I've been involved in law enforcement for more than 20 years and even I wondered what was going on so I don't appreciate your little hand slap.

About as good as you felt after posting that crap. ;)

Laura G
09-08-2013, 05:13 PM
I'm glad brenda has been in contact with friends and that, physically, she is fine and not in any danger.

:exactly :agreed :yeahthat :yes

Palomino Crazy
09-08-2013, 05:24 PM
I agree. Sometimes law enforcement cannot release all the details in order to help the investigation as well as for the person's own safety. Any possible perpetrators may/will be following the news story to try to find out just how much the investigators know. As much as those of us who are worried about Brenda want to know all the details, it may not be in her best interest to have everything published for all to see. We all want the police to do whatever is best to help find Brenda and get her home safely. Keep the prayers for Brenda coming! :pray

Nichelle
09-08-2013, 05:27 PM
I agree. Sometimes law enforcement cannot release all the details in order to help the investigation as well as for the person's own safety. Any possible perpetrators may/will be following the news story to try to find out just how much the investigators know. As much as those of us who are worried about Brenda want to know all the details, it may not be in her best interest to have everything published for all to see. We all want the police to do whatever is best to help find Brenda and get her home safely. Keep the prayers for Brenda coming! :pray

Absolutely. :yes

I'm glad she's ok. :)

Intothesunstudio
09-08-2013, 07:55 PM
Glad to hear a little good news!

WPDR
09-08-2013, 09:32 PM
Relieved she is located and well not dead or injured! Still just curious as to what started all this though!

Stumbleine
09-09-2013, 12:10 AM
It's really not the public's fault that they are wary of the police. There have been countless times that adult kidnappings have not been taken seriously because of the concept that they left on their own free will. There is a set formula that police are supposed to follow but that formula does not take into consideration the human element which makes each case unique. This is the same issue with anything that follows statistics - I just had this argument with my boyfriend over something much much more trivial, which is fantasy football...ha ha ha.

My uncle is a police officer, my family friend is a state trooper, and my boyfriends best friend works for CSI in Greensboro North Carolina. I am not wary of police officers, but the higher ups that tell them what is and is not important. The cops we see on a daily basis who do the actual grunt work don't have authority often over what they investigate. Put budget cuts and lowered staff on top of that and it's mayhem. While I sympathize with that, if it were me missing, I would not be sitting in someone's basement going, "oh, well, it's alright that I'm about to be murdered because I understand that the cops hand's are tied, they were to go look for some 16 year old brat who ran away from home because mommy grounded her for smoking pot, that's much more important and they assumed I left on my own free will because I'm 25."

Regardless, like I did mention before, I was hoping the cops were withholding information because they had a true idea what was going on, and it sounds like that's the case, here. I'm VERY happy she's safe at the moment and the police did locate her and take the situation seriously!

Stumbleine
09-09-2013, 12:15 AM

Exactly. It's difficult from the outside to know if information isn't being given because they don't want to compromise the investigation (such as if someone is being held somewhere, they don't want to tip anyone off that they are getting close to figuring out the location, even announcing that they know the person was kidnapped at all can spook the suspect) OR if they aren't releasing information because they just don't have any. I can't imagine what that's like for anyone close to a missing person, and I pray I never have to know.

JRT Mom
09-09-2013, 09:33 AM
Thank you for that encouraging update. I am glad she is physically okay and that someone knows where she is. I hope the rest of the issues that caused her to leave can also be resolved. Bless her heart.

And, having a retired 30 year police officer/Lieutenant (both on the street and robbery/homicide detective experienced) as a husband, I know there's usually a LOT more to these cases than what can be disclosed to the general public. They do their jobs the best they can, with the information provided, to resolve these cases.

Now, we'll just see how the rest of this works itself out and hope that all is well from this point on.

Stitch
09-09-2013, 10:08 AM
Glad to hear she is safe and sound and with folks that care about her!

DivineEquines
09-09-2013, 11:16 AM
Glad to hear she is okay. I am so sorry to hear that Charles passed away...he was such a nice man.

Ghost_Wolf_Ranch
09-09-2013, 11:21 AM
Glad she's OK and safe. :)

Northern Lone Ranger
09-09-2013, 02:10 PM
Glad she's OK and safe. :)

Been away since Friday a.m. with no internet. Was happy to see this when I returned!

Lindy P