PDA

View Full Version : MITS (Models In The Sunshine) in Lady Lake, FL - 2014

jmoore
09-22-2013, 05:38 PM
Hello All!

And so the work begins on trying to pick a date for MITS 2014....

The hall is only available for rent during May, June, July, August, and September. July is Breyerfest, August is Florida Cracker Live, and September is Hollow Horse.

The first Saturday of June is the Region 6 Saturday Social and the Second Saturday is BOB (in TN). Any later in June and we will be too close to Breyerfest which is early next year (July 11, 12, 13).

I know some people said May is bad because it is the end of the school year. May 11 is Mother's Day and May 26 is Memorial Day.

Would Memorial Day weekend work for everyone? Or how about May 17 & 18 (the third Saturday - the middle of the month)? Does anyone have a weekend they would prefer?

Feel free to email me privately! Thanks for your input!

Also, we will be making a few changes to the classlist for next year, so stay tuned for details. Also, we will be looking for judges! :D

Take care,
Jackie Moore
jackiemoore25@hotmail.com
www.freewebs.com/mitsliveshow

Inam
09-23-2013, 06:02 PM
I think May would be the best (at least for me). I'm open for any time though; you can't get rid of me, sorry Jackie!

Amanda
09-23-2013, 06:41 PM
May works for me :D

jmoore
09-24-2013, 04:57 AM
you can't get rid of me, sorry Jackie!

I wouldn't dream of trying! :D

Thanks for everyone's input so far!

Take care,
Jackie

jmoore
10-13-2013, 07:06 AM
Hello All!

The dates are set for MITS 2014!

MITS will be May 17 and 18, 2014.

We will be making a few changes to the classlist and floor plan, and the website has not been updated with this new information yet. But I just wanted to let y'all know the dates so you can mark your calendars. :)

Also, anyone interested in judging, please drop me a line!

Hope to see everyone there!

Take care,
Jackie

Inam
10-13-2013, 10:37 AM
:woohoo !! I'll be there! I'd love to shadow judge if that was possible? I'd like to get to a point where I can judge for you :)

jmoore
10-13-2013, 11:00 AM
:woohoo !! I'll be there! I'd love to shadow judge if that was possible? I'd like to get to a point where I can judge for you :)

Hey Brittany!

Fantastic! Yes, I'm sure shadow judging can be arranged!

Take care,
Jackie

PixelPerfectStables
10-14-2013, 10:46 AM
School will be out by then for me! I have relatives in Ocala, and I've never been to visit them (they always come up to visit us). I don't know if my parents would be able to come along, but if they could, that would be an awesome family reunion type of opportunity as well. It would be very expensive to drive down, though, so I'll need to give it a lot of thought. I'll definitely consider it though! I've always wanted to try showing in other regions :)

jmoore
10-14-2013, 10:55 AM
School will be out by then for me! I have relatives in Ocala, and I've never been to visit them (they always come up to visit us). I don't know if my parents would be able to come along, but if they could, that would be an awesome family reunion type of opportunity as well. It would be very expensive to drive down, though, so I'll need to give it a lot of thought. I'll definitely consider it though! I've always wanted to try showing in other regions :)

Hey Amanda!

I hope you can make it! :)

Take care,
Jackie

jmoore
11-18-2013, 06:32 AM
Hello Everyone!

It's official! MITS 2014 is NAMHSA approved! :woohoo

The website has been updated with the information for the 2014 show as well as the documents in the files sections of the Yahoo groups. I know it's a lot of information, but please read through everything as there have been a few changes.

The main change has been to the classlist, especially the China Division. The China Division now consists of FOUR separate divisions. There are two breed divisions, split by "Hobby" China (those sculptures created with the hobby in mind, such as Horsing Around, Lakeshore, Laf 'n Bear, etc) and "Classic" China (all the other makes such as H-R, RW, Beswick, etc) as well as a collectibility division and CG China division.

We have kept the Novice Performance Division - those classes will be using the same ring as the Open Performance Division, and will be interspersed with the open classes. Hopefully, this will allow the Open entrants more time for tack changes. The Novice Performance classes are NOT NAN qualifiers, but are a great way for those new to showing performance to try it out. If you show in the Novice classes, you will be ineligible for the Open performance classes on both Saturday and Sunday.

We are also going to try something new this year by allowing entrants to use a combination of cards and tags, if they choose to. We will still be using the card system for the classes, but entrants will have a choice of also using tags to eliminate the need for callback cards.

We are also looking for judges! Please email me privately if you are interested in judging with the division(s) you are interested in.

Have a wonderful holiday season, and see you at the shows!

Take care,

Jackie Moore

:bounce:dj:bounce

Paris
12-06-2013, 07:51 AM
Yay! I'm super excited! :D

jmoore
12-08-2013, 10:04 AM
Rosettes are ready..... :)

Princesstriage
02-12-2014, 01:17 PM
I was wondering if anyone knows if the show is full or if there are still any open slots?

jmoore
02-12-2014, 02:43 PM
I was wondering if anyone knows if the show is full or if there are still any open slots?

Yes! We still have openings!

The floor plans on the website are up to date.

Hope you can make it!

Jackie Moore

jmoore
02-18-2014, 06:02 PM
Hey everyone!

Just wanted to send out a little update - we are down to 20 tables for Saturday, so, if you are thinking about entering, I wouldn't wait too awfully long.

The judging roster is set:

SATURDAY (May 17):

OF Breyer: Cathy Hill
OF Stone: Bonnie Marcey
OF Specialty: Brittany Callahan
OF Mini: Kimberley Smith
OF China/Resin: Cindy Dilks
OF China Collectibility: Kathy Amick
CG China: Kathy Amick
CM/AR Performance: Lori Daniels

SUNDAY (May 18):

Custom: Susan Candelaria
Artist Resin: Alix Gardner
CM Mini: Brittany Callahan
AR Mini: Cindy Dilks
OF Performance: Lori Daniels

Hope to see you there!

Take care,
Jackie Moore

Chris Flint
02-20-2014, 09:40 PM
Looks like a GREAT show Jackie!!! I hope it is super-FANTASTIC for everyone. :)

jmoore
02-21-2014, 05:11 AM
Looks like a GREAT show Jackie!!! I hope it is super-FANTASTIC for everyone. :)

Thank you, Chris!! And thank you SO much for the donations! I appreciate it!

Take care,
Jackie

jmoore
02-26-2014, 11:13 AM
Hello All!

I just got word from Sommer that MITS was chosen to participate in the Breyer Live Show Benefit Program again this year! Hooray! One lucky entrant will win "Lionesse!"

Thank you so much to Sommer and Breyer for this great program! And thank you for choosing MITS!

I thnk we are down to 17 available tables for Saturday, so, if you are planning to enter, don't wait too long!

Take care,
Jackie Moore

jmoore
03-01-2014, 08:41 AM
Just an update - we are down to 10 available tables on Saturday! Filling up fast!

:horserun

Inam
03-01-2014, 10:40 PM
I just booked my hotel :woohoo

ksmith5151
03-10-2014, 10:19 AM
Hotel is booked at the Microtel. Can hardly wait until MITS!

BreyerBuyer415
03-14-2014, 07:17 PM
Just emailed you, Jackie! :grin Hopefully there's at least one table left, but if not, I'll still be there to help Bonnie again. ;) I had such a good time last year, and look forward to seeing everyone and meeting more people! :)

jmoore
03-20-2014, 05:02 PM
Just emailed you, Jackie! :grin Hopefully there's at least one table left, but if not, I'll still be there to help Bonnie again. ;) I had such a good time last year, and look forward to seeing everyone and meeting more people! :)

Emily! I didn't get your email and I didn't see this thread update - so sorry! Yes, we do have some tables left!

Please try my cantankerous email again. :)

Jackie

jmoore
03-20-2014, 05:10 PM
Hello Everyone!

I have an exciting announcement about MITS! We have some guest horses lined up for Saturday! Magic and Hamlet from Gentle Carousel Miniature Therapy Horses will be coming by on Saturday during the lunch break! These two guys will be special guest horses at Breyerfest in July and Breyer has made models in their likeness.

I am so excited to have these guys come to our show! They will be available for pictures and you can feel free to ask their handler questions about the wonderful work that they do.

I plan to draw the name for Lionesse before lunch so that the winner can have their picture taken with Lionesse and Magic and Hamlet.

Also, I have had several people ask about a Friday Swap Meet. Cindy and I will be there at 2 on Friday for set-up (and we appreciate help with setting up!). So long as we have some volunteers to stick around while Cindy and I sneak out for dinner, I don't have a problem with having a Swap Meet Friday afternoon and evening after set-up.

Oh, and one more announcement - if there are any Polo fans out there, there will be Polo in The Villages during our MITS weekend. :) 6 goal polo, Fri May 16 at 3 and 5 PM, $5 admission. Sun May 18 at noon and 2 PM, $15 admission. Food and bar service available both days. http://www.thevillagespoloclub.com/ for more info and up do date schedules.

Just had to share the exciting news!

Gentle Carousel Miniature Therapy Horses
www.Horse-Therapy.org
www.facebook.com/TherapyHorses
352-226-9009
An all volunteer 501(c)(3) nonprofit charity
Over 25,000 adults and children visited each year in hospital and hospice care.

Home of Magic the Therapy Horse
Selected by TIME Magazine one of History's 10 Most Heroic Animals
Named Most Heroic Pet In America by AARP
A Reader's Digest / Americantowns Power of One Hero
Named one of the 10 Most Heroic Animals of 2010 by Newsweek /The Daily Beast
Look for Magic's new book to be released this spring by DT Publishing/NYC.

Take care,
Jackie

BreyerBuyer415
03-20-2014, 05:27 PM
Emily! I didn't get your email and I didn't see this thread update - so sorry! Yes, we do have some tables left!

Please try my cantankerous email again. :)

Jackie

I was wondering about that! :lol I'll resend it. :)

jmoore
04-27-2014, 08:24 AM
Hello Everyone!

MITS is only three short weeks away! Are you ready?

Just a quick announcement to let you know that Lionesse has arrived! Many thanks to Breyer and Sommer Prosser for the Breyer Live Show Benefit Program. Every paid entrant will be in the drawing for this unique Breyer piece. The drawing will be held Saturday morning. If you are only showing on Sunday, don't worry - your name will be in the drawing and, if you are the lucky winner, Lionesse will be waiting for you on Sunday morning!

We do have a few openings for Saturday (and plenty of room on Sunday), if you are still thinking about entering.

See you all very soon!
Jackie Moore

Inam
04-27-2014, 09:03 AM
:woohoo

BreyerBuyer415
04-27-2014, 10:49 AM
:woot Can't wait!

mechanicaljen
04-28-2014, 07:28 AM
Sooooooo tempted to go, as a birthday present to myself!

ksmith5151
04-28-2014, 10:09 AM

Oh course you should come! You have the perfect excuse and MITS is so much fun. :toothy

Whoo Hoo! 2 weeks and 4 days to leave for MITS!

SeaWatch
04-28-2014, 10:27 AM
As always, I try to plan on attending, but it never seems to work out. It's so hard for me to travel so far, and attend a 2-day show. Bummer. :sad

I will miss seeing all of my hobby friends. I wish someone would hold a show that is closer to South FL... I hope Susan will plan on holding South FL Live, later this year.

dizzyriss
05-06-2014, 08:37 AM

Do it! The weather is beautiful down here right now!

BreyerBuyer415
05-06-2014, 10:31 AM
Do it! The weather is beautiful down here right now!

:yeahthat Plus I'd LOVE to see you, Jen! :)

Princesstriage
05-06-2014, 11:47 AM
I think Jen should go too. I know of one table that will be available both days if I stop being stubborn and accept the fact that it doesn't look like I can make it up after all.

BreyerBuyer415
05-06-2014, 03:50 PM
I think Jen should go too. I know of one table that will be available both days if I stop being stubborn and accept the fact that it doesn't look like I can make it up after all.

:sad

jmoore
05-06-2014, 04:02 PM

Awww - that's not good news. There is room for both of you! You both need to come! :)

Princesstriage
05-06-2014, 04:42 PM
Awww - that's not good news. There is room for both of you! You both need to come! :)

I 100% agree, but as things stand my weekend got Hijacked by someone else's issues. I'm not thrilled about it at all :grump

ksmith5151
05-06-2014, 06:06 PM
That's sad news but hope your plans might have a chance to change for the better.

ksmith5151
05-10-2014, 08:26 PM
I just heard from my friend Kimm Gant. She is not able to get out of work so she won't be able to attend MITS with me. If anyone is still thinking about coming to MITS and needs a table for Saturday and Sunday, please PM me. Also, if anyone lives near me (Fort Myers/Lehigh Acres area), and would like to ride up with me, I'll have room in my car.

jmoore
05-14-2014, 05:14 PM
:grinparty

Are we ready?

BreyerBuyer415
05-14-2014, 05:16 PM
Getting there...;) Can't wait to see y'all! :grin

Amanda
05-14-2014, 05:46 PM
Tags and Cards are prepped...now all I need to do is pack the models :lol only slightly important. That will be saved for last.

Inam
05-14-2014, 07:26 PM
:randommill

dizzyriss
05-16-2014, 08:13 PM
Models packed.....check! Cards made up.....check! 3:30 AM alarm set.....ugh....check.

Miss Susan
05-17-2014, 01:56 PM
:popcorn

BreyerBuyer415
05-17-2014, 06:10 PM
I'll post pictures later, but one of my ponies did very well today! :yaymiller It has been a long but fun day. :)

Miss Susan
05-17-2014, 10:48 PM
I'll post pictures later, but one of my ponies did very well today! :yaymiller It has been a long but fun day. :)

:cheer Go Emily's pony, go. :cheer

jmoore
05-19-2014, 07:53 PM
Hello Everyone!

The results are in! :)

The draft results have been emailed to the groups. Let me know if you can't open them and I will send them to you privately. Yahoo was not co-operating but I will try uploading them later this week. Email me privately with any corrections (Blab doesn't always notify me when the thread is updated).

Hope Y'all had fun!

GryffinRook
05-21-2014, 10:07 AM
Jackie,
What a AWESOME show! As usual you put on a show with the interesting ability to have both stiff competition and a relaxed atmosphere. Everyone is so helpful and friendly and are supportive in and out of the ring. I met a lot of great people again this year and really learned a lot from a few of them. This was Lily's first show (she's 9 now! Ack!) and she had sooo much fun. Between her welcoming SM gift, the great raffle prizes, the guest horse and winning some ribbons in a few of her classes... she hasn't stopped talking about it. :toothy A HUGE, HUGE thank you to Amanda Brock for being so kind to her on Sunday. She was so drawn to your table and has been talking about wanting to learn to paint horses "like Amanda". Lol. The mule she bought from you is in the most prized spot on the shelf.
Personally, this was one of my most successful shows to date. I took home Grand Champ for the OF Stone Division, something I never dreamed of being able to accomplish. I will post some pics once I figure out this whole uploading process.
Thank you so much Jackie!

Meg

jmoore
05-21-2014, 10:34 AM
Hi Meg,

CONGRATULATIONS on your big win! I couldn't see much from my perch on the stage, but I had to come down and look at your Paloose. She is lovely!

I am so glad you and Lily enjoyed the show!

BreyerBuyer415
05-21-2014, 01:20 PM
Congrats again, Meg! My little pony took overall Reserve Champ in the OF Stone Division, and I'm so happy! :yaymiller It was an awesome experience, and I enjoyed seeing my friends and meeting new ones. :) Thank you for everything, Jackie! :hugg

jmoore
05-21-2014, 02:13 PM
And CONGRATULATIONS to you, too, Emily! Your pony is awesome! :)

BreyerBuyer415
05-21-2014, 04:34 PM
Thank you! :hugg

jmoore
05-23-2014, 11:08 AM
Does anyone know who won the OF Breyer Mini TWH class (class 433) and who owns the winning OF Breyer Longear "Tobias"?

Those are the only two I still need for the results.

Thank you!

BreyerBuyer415
05-24-2014, 08:38 AM
Does anyone know who won the OF Breyer Mini TWH class (class 433) and who owns the winning OF Breyer Longear "Tobias"?

Those are the only two I still need for the results.

Thank you!

Tobias is definitely mine, and the TWH might be, too. I know my guy got a first place, but I'll double-check when I get home early next week. :)

jmoore
05-24-2014, 08:45 AM
Tobias is definitely mine, and the TWH might be, too. I know my guy got a first place, but I'll double-check when I get home early next week. :)

Great! Thank you, Emily! I'll wait to send the results in until I hear back from you.

Have a great weekend!

Inam
05-26-2014, 12:35 PM
I agree with everyone; this show was awesome :) Anyone get any pictures? I was too busy both days lol

jmoore
05-26-2014, 03:28 PM
I agree with everyone; this show was awesome :) Anyone get any pictures? I was too busy both days lol

Jenny A posted some to the Photobucket album: http://s1336.photobucket.com/user/mitsliveshow/library/MITS%202014?sort=3&page=1

I took pictures, but they are all of Hamlet. :) Amanda may have taken some.....

BreyerBuyer415
05-26-2014, 05:40 PM
I took pictures and can share them with y'all! :)