View Full Version : Should my Juniper gypsy cob sculpture be released in resin? Vote in a Poll.

10-16-2013, 08:34 PM
http://westerlydesign.files.wordpress.com/2013/10/leslijuniper1.jpg?w=490&h=394 (http://wizardsvalearts.com/2013/10/16/should-the-juniper-gypsy-cob-sculpture-be-released-in-resin-media/leslijuniper1/)
Juniper earthenware china glazed by Lesli Kathman, Blackberry Lane Studio (http://blackberrylane.info/).

I’m doing a little home-made vaguely “Kickstarter”-style poll on whether Juniper the gypsy cob mare should be released in a resincast edition.

I've got a poll set up on my website HERE. (http://wizardsvalearts.com/)

Just a one-mold run of about 60 pieces; price approx $100 ppd. The piece is about 4" tall and will be cast from an earthenware china master that I will have a chance to detail even more before I send for casting. (Earthenware clay is a total dream to sculpt with!) The china edition I'm slowly glazing is very popular so far!

If I get at least 40 people to click the “Yes, and I’d put a $25 deposit on one right now” answer in the poll below, then I will produce the edition. (And you would NOT have to pay the deposit today if you click yes, LOL! I'm not sure what the production timeframe would be at this point.) The poll will be active for just one week from today.

Thank you!

10-18-2013, 11:43 AM
Here's some more Juniper eye candy. :)
These are all finished bone china versions.
The poll is a little more than halfway to the Produce Her In Resin! goal, so go and vote Yes if you want to see her in resin!

The poll is HERE (http://wizardsvalearts.com/)





10-18-2013, 05:34 PM
I got a price quote for molding and casting the Juniper cob in resin, and ran the numbers. I come up with a price of $85.00 USA postage paid.

So if that helps you get on board with a Juniper resin, go vote either of the Yes options in the poll! We are more than 3/4 of the way to the goal of 40 people saying Yes. I think resins could be available before Christmas if I go ahead soon.
Here is the poll page (http://wizardsvalearts.com/2013/10/16/should-the-juniper-gypsy-cob-sculpture-be-released-in-resin-media/) again.

10-20-2013, 12:52 AM
I would post this poll/question in the resin forum. You might get a better response there.

10-20-2013, 10:28 AM
I voted an would love one. Hows the poll going?

10-20-2013, 11:03 AM
A poll on my website serves a wider audience than Blab. Between my website subscribers and Facebook studio page, I've got it covered.

We've already reached the minimum and I'll be making announcements this week about the plan for the resin!

10-20-2013, 01:52 PM
Yay, jumping for joy! :yaymiller I hope I can get one in time. these small runs fill up fast an I really want one.

10-20-2013, 02:25 PM
I voted and will be waiting to hear of her casting. I think she would be a lovely edition to my herd.