PDA

View Full Version : Need beta testers for a new newsletter

LesliKathman
10-19-2013, 04:35 PM
I am in the process of completely overhauling my various websites and blogs, and plan to switch over from using the old Yahoo groups to an email-based newsletter in order to better communicate with my customers. For those of you that get Sarah Minkiewicz-Breunig's email newsletter, that is very similar to what I will be doing - only in my case it will be a bit of a mix of studio chatter and horse color information, all delivered to your inbox. If it works, this will be the way that I announce pieces for sale, and also how I will let people know when new books are available.

But what I need, at least at the moment, are people willing to help me test the process. The service encourages users to just upload their contacts and encourage people to opt out if they wish, but I really dislike that approach. I do not want to presume anyone wants to hear me talking about shiny ponies or look at pictures of weird-colored horses! But I'd also like a chance to work out the kinks before I formally ask customers and blog readers to sign up. So if you are willing to get a few mailings - possibly some odd ones! - in the next few weeks, please send a private message with a working email address and I will sign you up. And feel free to pass the word along if you know someone who might also be interested. Email or facebook messages work fine, so long as they let me know they want the be added and what email address to use.

And if you agree to sign up and send me feedback (even just a simple, "Hey, they mailing really did arrive in my inbox!") I will enter you in a drawing for a cool prize. :)

Eviejean
10-19-2013, 04:58 PM
I can totally understand why you are thinking of switching from the old Yahoo groups format to something like Sarah Minkiewicz-Breunig's email newsletter. (Which is quite enjoyable to read.) Unfortunately, Yahoo has 'shot themselves in the foot' with their heavyhanded presentation of Neo :sigh and I wouldn't be surprised if more Yahoo group owners take this approach.

I have sent you a PM with my personal e-mail address, I would be happy to be a Bata tester for your newsletter. :toothy

T-Whinny Gal
10-19-2013, 07:23 PM
I PM'd ya - sign me up!