PDA

View Full Version : Karen Gerhardt's studio name going back to Westerly Design

kyg
11-13-2013, 12:17 PM
After 2 years, I'm just not feeling the love for Wizard's Vale Arts. So I'm going back to Westerly Design for all my artist endeavors. :) Fortunately I still own that domain!
I've already changed over my website/blog (http://westerlydesign.com), and the Facebook studio page will change in about 12 days (according to FB). My email address is now karen(at) westerlydesign.com. I've kept the kyg version of that email address all this time, but it still gets a lot of spam (even with gmail's filter) so I decided to start fresh. I'll be sending an email to everyone on my contact list soon, but you can go ahead and change it now if you use it.

Many thanks for putting up with this Fickle Artist Moment.
There are a lot of very cool things coming, so now you won't lose track of me!

Gilder
11-13-2013, 01:17 PM
Changing her mind is a woman's prerogative. :)

solticeart
11-13-2013, 03:01 PM
you know I'm glad your doing that becuse I really liked the Westery Design much better, it just sounded more professional and Serious I guess where the other one to me at least seemed more liek a hobby persons studio, you knwo not a serious artist. lol I knwo its jsut weird but thats jsut the feelings I get when I look at the studio names, but hey you can tell my my own studio name I'm not too good at naming one anyways! and mine was also made when I was doing other things not realted to model horses or even sculpting. I hadn't sculpted for about 10 years and I was a graphic designer and did flat art and made jewelry and glass mosaics when I made up that name. I just decided to keep it since I didn't feel like going thru the hassel of changing everything at the time. Since then I took off art and added studio. BUt I do understand it when oyu say your jsut not feeling it.. I''m happy your going back to the old one though it just seems more you.

kyg
11-13-2013, 05:15 PM
I came to the same conclusion! I had Wizard's Vale Stables/Studios back when I was a TEEN, and I should have left it there in the past LOL! I was thinking when I retired my graphic design business that I wanted a name that I would just aim at the hobby community. And my oldest friends do remember that name. But I might be extending my art work life beyond the hobby, so I decided I'd better stay with the more professional name I did have. :)

solticeart
11-13-2013, 09:47 PM
and im glad it more you!