PDA

View Full Version : Big Easy Bash tickets are up

Pages : [1] 2

Desmodus
11-26-2013, 01:42 PM
I didn't see a thread about this yet...

http://www.breyerhorses.com/2014-Big_Easy_Bash

The tickets are FC-FS @ $275 per person. (ouch)

jkira
11-26-2013, 01:50 PM
And they require that you buy TWO tickets. Argh.

Desmodus
11-26-2013, 01:55 PM
And they require that you buy TWO tickets. Argh.

Hmm. I bet that is a shopping cart glitch. The rules don't say tickets have to be purchased in pairs.

Terms & Conditions

1. Event tickets are available on a first-come, first-served basis while supplies last. Tickets are limited to no more than two per person. All guests must be at least fourteen (14) years of age at the event. Tickets can only be purchased online at www.breyerhorses.com. All purchases must be completed in accordance with these terms & conditions and www.breyerhorses.com no later than 5:00 PM EST, Friday, January 10, 2014.
2. Breyer Animal Creations ("Breyer") and Reeves International, Inc. ("Reeves") are not responsible for incomplete purchases, including declined credit cards, and/or cancellation of orders due to missing, incorrect or incomplete information.
3. Event attendance is subject to approval and contingent on guest completing required liability waiver and other information prior to attending the event regardless of whether or not individual was the purchasor of the event ticket(s). Ticket purchase does not automatically guarantee entrance to the event. Breyer will provide waiver forms to guests list prior to the event. No one will be permitted to attend the event without a ticket. Young adults between the ages of 14 and 18 will not be permitted to attend the event without being accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. No one under 18 years of age will be permitted to attend the event. Breyer and Reeves reserve the right to refuse any ticket purchases at any time, and/or cancel any ticket orders.
4. Event is limited to 200 ticket holders total. Collector Club members are given the first opportunity to purchase tickets for the event. If space remains after January 10, 2014, remaining tickets will be open for purchase by non-collector club members.
5. All guest/attendee information must be provided at the time of purchase. Names may not be added or changed after purchase is complete. Event tickets are non-transferable and non-refundable. If tickets are purchased as a pair, only one guest needs to be a member of the Collector Club.
6. Ticket cost is $275 per person. Ticket cost includes the event details as described above. In addition, event attendees will receive one (1) exclusive 2014 Big Easy Bash "Cafť au Lait" Event model each. Attendee must be present to pick up their model or it will be forfeited. Models may not be picked up on behalf of ticket holders not in attendance.
7. Travel, meals, accommodations and travel costs to and from the host hotel are the sole responsibility of the guest.
8. Guests attending the event must provide correct and complete email and mailing information for all correspondence regarding the event and schedules.
9. Employees of Breyer Animal Creations and Reeves International, Inc. are not eligible to purchase tickets.
10. Tickets are non-transferable. Guests may not use any tickets purchased in connection with the event for any promotional purposes whatsoever.
11. Breyer reserves the right to make changes to the product offerings, schedule, program or event.
12. Breyer Animal Creationsģ is a division of Reeves International, Inc.

paleogirl78
11-26-2013, 02:00 PM
Ooohhh man my mom sooo wants to go too. It's my daughters turn (son went to last one) but she's not super interested :(

PineRidgeStables
11-26-2013, 02:14 PM
:randommil

equusus
11-26-2013, 02:16 PM
Really? They are doing this first come first serve?

ladybrooklyn
11-26-2013, 02:17 PM
:gaah As happy as I am that it isn't an "enter to have the chance to purchase" kinda thing... WHY must they hit us NOW!? :lol

I desperately want to attend... but I dunno how hubby would feel about it, nor do I know if I can swing it... :uh

Curse you Breyer!!!! *shakes fist in Breyer's direction* :lol

Desmodus
11-26-2013, 02:27 PM
Hey, that discount code from another thread currently works on these tickets. ;)

I wonder if they will reveal any of the Boutique models before the event or if they'll keep them a secret until the day of like PTTP? :popcorn

Katie89
11-26-2013, 02:31 PM
A purchase of 2 ticket is required:

Event tickets are available on a first-come, first-served basis while supplies last. Tickets are limited to no more than two per person and must be purchased as a pair.

PolarVrtX
11-26-2013, 02:32 PM
Oops. nevermind... wrong account :doh

ForeverSiren
11-26-2013, 02:36 PM
So tempting... if i wasn't already planning on going to BF :lol

Desmodus
11-26-2013, 02:40 PM
A purchase of 2 ticket is required:

Event tickets are available on a first-come, first-served basis while supplies last. Tickets are limited to no more than two per person and must be purchased as a pair.

They updated that fast. :lol The rules I copied/pasted earlier were different.

Erin
11-26-2013, 02:42 PM
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!! Tickets BOUGHTEN!!!! Oh MAN I am so glad they just popped this on us on a day when I was online, and it's not a stupid drawing!!!!

:woohoo

Katie89
11-26-2013, 02:44 PM
They updated that fast. :lol The rules I copied/pasted earlier were different.

:haha

Katie89
11-26-2013, 02:45 PM
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!! Tickets BOUGHTEN!!!! Oh MAN I am so glad they just popped this on us on a day when I was online, and it's not a stupid drawing!!!!

Are you excited to go to this event? I can't tell. :lol

PolarVrtX
11-26-2013, 02:47 PM

:yeahthat Thank goodness I happen to be online at the moment! I am so relieved right now that I am in and I don't have to worry about where/when/what for these tickets anymore :D

Erin
11-26-2013, 02:49 PM
:yeahthat Thank goodness I happen to be online at the moment! I am so relieved right now that I am in and I don't have to worry about where/when/what for these tickets anymore :D

SERIOUSLY!!! :lol I've been having mini panic dreams about missing it. Now I can SLEEP!

turbogrrl
11-26-2013, 02:50 PM
Really? They are doing this first come first serve?

Passage to the Pacific was also first come first serve.

turbogrrl
11-26-2013, 02:50 PM
Well thanks to my stupid car I can't go now - bah! I can't wait for photos :D

tabletopstudios
11-26-2013, 02:59 PM

:yeahthat So excited!!!! :D :woohoo :woohoo I can't wait for them to start releasing more information about the event and the schedule. I'm really looking forward to the tour of the headquarters and hopefully being able to see our WEG diorama again since last I heard it was on display there. :)

Kim

KellyT
11-26-2013, 03:00 PM
I will be going solo - anyone else looking for a tag-a-long? I'm a very nice person!

turbogrrl
11-26-2013, 03:01 PM
I will be going solo - anyone else looking for a tag-a-long? I'm a very nice person!

Yes, you are! If I was going I'd be your buddy :)

bluediamond
11-26-2013, 03:02 PM
:yeahthat So excited!!!! :D :woohoo :woohoo I can't wait for them to start releasing more information about the event and the schedule. I'm really looking forward to the tour of the headquarters and hopefully being able to see our WEG diorama again since last I heard it was on display there. :)

Kim

YES!! Me too! I didn't get to see the showjumping one at WEG, so hopefully we can see it at the Headquarters! I BOUGHT TICKETS !!!! (thank you Paypal Bill me Later) AHHH I'm super excited. I was also panicking about missing out and I happened to look online at the right time! I am finally finishing grad school (defending on Jan 16th) and will start my new job as a research chemist on Feb 10! So this trip is a CONGRATS TO MYSELF! AHHHAHAHAHHA :woohoo

Unfortunately, I won't get my first paycheck until March 31st... soooo haven't quite figured out how I'm going to be buying models there yet....hmm.

KellyT
11-26-2013, 03:04 PM

I called Breyer and the tickets are sold in pairs. You cannot just order one ticket. Darn!

KellyT
11-26-2013, 03:05 PM
Yes, you are! If I was going I'd be your buddy :)

Aww! Thank you!!

Katie89
11-26-2013, 03:05 PM
YES!! Me too! I didn't get to see the showjumping one at WEG, so hopefully we can see it at the Headquarters! I BOUGHT TICKETS !!!! (thank you Paypal Bill me Later) AHHH I'm super excited. I was also panicking about missing out and I happened to look online at the right time! I am finally finishing grad school (defending on Jan 16th) and will start my new job as a research chemist on Feb 10! So this trip is a CONGRATS TO MYSELF! AHHHAHAHAHHA :woohoo

Unfortunately, I won't get my first paycheck until March 31st... soooo haven't quite figured out how I'm going to be buying models there yet....hmm.

Congrats!!!

Stumbleine
11-26-2013, 03:14 PM
IM SO EXCITED!!!!!!!

Mommy and I are going. I had to call her to get permission, I feel like such a child. In different circumstances I would have just bought both the tickets and not worried about it, but with being out of work for a little while because of my wrists surgeries, I needed to make sure that that should reimburse me for one of the tickets. She said yes of course! We've never gone to Breyerfest and BF sounds a bit large and scary for me, this sounds more like my thing, so I'm considering this my Breyerfest.

This is about the least responsible thing I've done in a while, but I had to do it, LOL. The way I'm looking at it, since I'm getting money back for the second ticket, is I pretty much just spent my Christmas money early (since everyone in my family can't figure out what horse thing to get me, they just give me money to purchase my own horse things.)

MERRY CHRISTMAS ME.

kated
11-26-2013, 03:18 PM
Omg.......
I just got a surprise I will be attending!!!!
What an awesome gift I just got!

Stumbleine
11-26-2013, 03:19 PM
SERIOUSLY!!! :lol I've been having mini panic dreams about missing it. Now I can SLEEP!

Same!! If there's one thing that's good about being out of work this week....!!! Of course being out of work means I had to panic a little about the purchase, but if I was work-able right now, I'd be offline probably till about 7pm tonight, I don't know if I would have seen this in time.

That, or, I would have seen your facebook post on my phone, flipped out, and melted in a puddle because I don't have computer access at the barn and my phone doesn't play well with the Breyer webpage shopping cart for some reason.

Stumbleine
11-26-2013, 03:22 PM
Omg.......

That's SO AWESOME!!! I'm so happy for you! :)

ladybrooklyn
11-26-2013, 03:30 PM
:woohoo :evilwoo :woohoo :santawoo

OMG! Hubby gave me the go-ahead.... MERRY CHRISTMAS to ME!!! :shakegift

Now... :uh to figure out how to GET to Jersey... :thud I've never been that far East and North before.... :randommil

And the BEST part....! That December discount code WORKED!!! I saved a good chunk of money while I was at it! :woot

paleogirl78
11-26-2013, 03:34 PM
Thanks to whoever posted about Paypal. I'd totally forgotten about it. I now have my 2 tickets purchased. Yay! Now, about hauling show models on a plane...

paleogirl78
11-26-2013, 03:34 PM
Awesome gift!!!

:woohoo :evilwoo :woohoo :santawoo

OMG! Hubby gave me the go-ahead.... MERRY CHRISTMAS to ME!!! :shakegift

Now... :uh to figure out how to GET to Jersey... :thud I've never been that far East and North before.... :randommil

And the BEST part....! That December discount code WORKED!!! I saved a good chunk of money while I was at it! :woot

Erin
11-26-2013, 03:35 PM
Aw man I totally forgot about the December discount code! Shooooooot!

bluediamond
:puke2 ugh...sick to my stomach that I didn't see that December discount......

:puke :flushself

kated
That's SO AWESOME!!! I'm so happy for you! :)

:-)

Thanks I'm in mega shock. I can't wait. Tickets bought and I don't have to worry bout $ woo hoo......
I haven't been to event or Breyerfest in years

sommerpony
Well, being as my name is already listed on there, you can already tell that I'm going. LOL!

Breyer emailed me about a week or so ago, asking if I'd want to volunteer. I said I would be happy to help on the factory tour day, as long as I could still participate in the show, the dinner, the special models, etc. The said okay!!! :yaymiller

For the record, my friend and I were going to go regardless, but this way, I can help out too. I'm actually looking forward to volunteering. Since I've seen the factory and sample room and all that stuff, I think I'd be bored that day otherwise. Ha ha ha!!!

paleogirl78
11-26-2013, 03:36 PM
Omg.......

And another awesome gift!

Andddd count me in that forgot about the code group:/

Highadventure
11-26-2013, 03:45 PM
OMG OMG OMG~~~ SOOOOO EXCITED!!! Hubby agreed that we could GO to this also, as part of my Christmas gift! JUST ORDERED TICKETS ALSO....and I have NEVER gotten to go to one of these EVER, so I am VERY excited to be able to go to THIS one!!!!

Never mind figuring out how to pay for all the REST of it.....:)
BUT...I do have a question...exactly WHAT code did you guys use to get a discount? and how much did you save? If it was enough $$, I might call to cancel my first order then order again WITH the discount.....
Wow! So glad that I happened to be around--and could catch my hubby--at the right time today ! And thanks so much to the buddy who gave me a heads-up, as well!
:)
Amy W.

onekindacowboy
11-26-2013, 03:46 PM
So hubby set up his clinic in NJ in January so this can't be a single trip.....He can't take any more time off that time of year....

ladybrooklyn
11-26-2013, 03:51 PM
OMG OMG OMG~~~ SOOOOO EXCITED!!! Hubby agreed that we could GO to this also, as part of my Christmas gift! JUST ORDERED TICKETS ALSO....and I have NEVER gotten to go to one of these EVER, so I am VERY excited to be able to go to THIS one!!!!

Never mind figuring out how to pay for all the REST of it.....:)
BUT...I do have a question...exactly WHAT code did you guys use to get a discount? and how much did you save? If it was enough $$, I might call to cancel my first order then order again WITH the discount.....
Wow! So glad that I happened to be around--and could catch my hubby--at the right time today ! And thanks so much to the buddy who gave me a heads-up, as well!
Amy W.

Right there with ya on the excitement level! :woot

The code was posted by Doowiki in an earlier thread (http://www.modelhorseblab.com/forums/showthread.php?153891-December-discount-at-Breyer)... "WHD13A"... 20% off your order. :grin

I hope Breyer will go through and redo your order! It certainly helps me... since now I have to figure out airfare... hotel... :thud Where is that money tree!?

sommerpony
11-26-2013, 03:56 PM
Ha, Brooklyn, I didn't figure out those posts were from you. Not used to seeing a CAT as your avatar pic! ROFL!

Why am I the one with the donkey now? ha ha ha . . .

< ------

DotRocks
11-26-2013, 04:03 PM
Congrats to everyone who's bought tickets! Its just not in the cards for me since I'm going to breyerfest next year, but I can't wait for all the pictures!

ladybrooklyn
11-26-2013, 04:06 PM
Ha, Brooklyn, I didn't figure out those posts were from you. Not used to seeing a CAT as your avatar pic! ROFL!

Why am I the one with the donkey now? ha ha ha . . .

< ------

I know... I need to change it. I've been mourning Rocky for over a year... I should change it and move on, shouldn't I? :sad

Stumbleine
11-26-2013, 04:08 PM
!@#@#$@$!$! Didn't use the discount code. Really could have used that. Poop. pooooooooop.

KellyT
11-26-2013, 04:14 PM
Woot! Done! Thanks to a nice Blabber, I have another attendee to put down. I'll see everyone there!

jff0610
11-26-2013, 04:16 PM
!@#@#$@$!$! Didn't use the discount code. Really could have used that. Poop. pooooooooop.

I keep wondering if they'll really let us use that...like they might come back with additional charges or something. But I'd be more-or-less okay with that if they'd let us change the order to just one ticket! That was a surprise.

laughingmareacres
11-26-2013, 04:24 PM
Working on it, working on it... wish hubby would check his phone!

bainbridge
11-26-2013, 04:25 PM
Sommer -- I saw that you got the letter too, WOOT! It will be nice to spend some time with you again ... gesh only a few months away. tom :)

Well, being as my name is already listed on there, you can already tell that I'm going. LOL!

Breyer emailed me about a week or so ago, asking if I'd want to volunteer. I said I would be happy to help on the factory tour day, as long as I could still participate in the show, the dinner, the special models, etc. The said okay!!! :yaymiller

For the record, my friend and I were going to go regardless, but this way, I can help out too. I'm actually looking forward to volunteering. Since I've seen the factory and sample room and all that stuff, I think I'd be bored that day otherwise. Ha ha ha!!!

ladybrooklyn
11-26-2013, 04:26 PM
I keep wondering if they'll really let us use that...like they might come back with additional charges or something. But I'd be more-or-less okay with that if they'd let us change the order to just one ticket! That was a surprise.

Hey... it's on my CC... and that's what it checked me out at... I don't think they can come back at me with additional charges. :uh Not my fault it went through, if they didn't intend it to work... :grin

There... now I have a more festive avatar... ;)

sommerpony
11-26-2013, 04:28 PM
There... now I have a more festive avatar... ;)

Thanks, Brooklyn! Now it's easy to tell it's you "talking"! LOL.

ladybrooklyn
11-26-2013, 04:36 PM
Thanks, Brooklyn! Now it's easy to tell it's you "talking"! LOL.

:roflmao This is true! :grin

:randommil OMG... I still can't believe I'm getting to go!!! :thud So bloody excited!!! I can't even imagine what else they are going to offer!! SO much fun!!!!

Erin
11-26-2013, 04:37 PM
I am just BOUNCING with anticipation about the show. I so so so so so SO hope they offer performance classes!!!!

Stumbleine
11-26-2013, 04:40 PM
I
want
the
show
packet

nowwwwwwwwww

camaro88lover
11-26-2013, 04:41 PM
I am just BOUNCING with anticipation about the show. I so so so so so SO hope they offer performance classes!!!!

It says in the link on the first page that they do :)

DivineEquines
11-26-2013, 04:42 PM
Would anyone like to be my attendee 2? PM if interested

jff0610
11-26-2013, 04:46 PM
Hey... it's on my CC... and that's what it checked me out at... I don't think they can come back at me with additional charges. :uh Not my fault it went through, if they didn't intend it to work... :grin

Let's hope so! :crossfingers

Hard Times
11-26-2013, 04:48 PM
Drive to New Jersey near the end of winter....nah. Spend over $500 for two tickets....nah.
Spend unknown amount for food....nah. Motel room $$$....nah.
Ride in a crowded bus perhaps?....nah. Dress up for party....holy cow NO!
Hubby said he would go with me. I wouldn't put him through all of that.
If there's a model there that I just have to acquire....I will buy it on the after-market.
(It's cold, It's raining, and I'm in one of those moods.)

sommerpony
11-26-2013, 04:48 PM
Sommer -- I saw that you got the letter too, WOOT! It will be nice to spend some time with you again ... gesh only a few months away. tom :)

I know! Will be like a high school reunion, LOL. We went out there at the same time, ummm, was that in 2000? Wow how time flies!

sommerpony
11-26-2013, 04:50 PM
Oh, and Tom, do you plan on dressing up for the Mardis Gras costume contest? I will be in stitches if you do!

I kind of want to dress up, but I know others will do it better than me, I'm sure. I will at least wear a mask and beads, just for fun!

robertsonwf
11-26-2013, 04:50 PM
And, the discount code is no longer working - just tried adding to tickets placed in my cart.

Carpenoctumstable
11-26-2013, 04:57 PM
Looks like it might be sold out as the link takes me to the login page. I miss out yet again :sad :cry

hippycowgirl
11-26-2013, 05:00 PM
:sad :cry I just got the go ahead and everything! I hope it's a glitch or something. :pray

Erin
11-26-2013, 05:06 PM
Looks like it's sold out folks!

White_Horse
11-26-2013, 05:10 PM
I hope they pulled it because it was up too early...by the time I texted someone about going the page was gone. Had I been able to purchase one ticket I would have made it...:(

jff0610
11-26-2013, 05:11 PM
Whew, so glad I saw this thread in time--I don't get why they didn't post the time and date in advance like they did for PTTP! I'm angry for those of you who wanted to go and now they're sold out. :tsktsk

I'm also angry that I didn't know I'd have to buy two so I put down the name of someone who may or may not be going, or may have bought her own tickets--I wasn't going to wait for a reply from anyone though. Does anyone know if it's possible to change the name of a guest if it's still a few months before the event?

ETA: Just getting a call taking back the discount...

akwidman
11-26-2013, 05:11 PM
It's not sold out! I just got a call from Jaime at Breyer. Turns out the discount code was NOT supposed to work for these tickets so everyone that used the discount code....you're going to get a call to pay for the difference ;) She said they shut down *all* ticket sales until they get the glitch figured out. So hang tight....the tickets will be open again for sales soon!

ETA: Per the rules, you can't change the name of a guest after the purchase has been made.

laughingmareacres
11-26-2013, 05:12 PM
:sad :cry I just got the go ahead and everything! I hope it's a glitch or something. :pray

edit as I just read the other post: Oh thank goodness! I was in the same boat as hippy was - there's a chance for us yet!

tabletopstudios
11-26-2013, 05:13 PM
Looks like it might be sold out as the link takes me to the login page. I miss out yet again :sad :cry

I would bet that link comes up again--I know for other limited events like BF workshops, they don't release all of the available spots at once so they don't inadvertantly oversell since some people are paying with Paypal and others with credit cards.

Edit--nevermind my speculation, Amy answered it above!

Carpenoctumstable
I wish we would have had an email or some sort of notification of at least what day it would have went up as it would give an idea on when to stalk Breyer's site. Super bummed I missed out on the one event I could actually go to, but happy for those who were able to buy tickets.

Erin
It's not sold out! I just got a call from Jaime at Breyer. Turns out the discount code was NOT supposed to work for these tickets so everyone that used the discount code....you're going to get a call to pay for the difference ;) She said they shut down *all* ticket sales until they get the glitch figured out. So hang tight....the tickets will be open again for sales soon!

ETA: Per the rules, you can't change the name of a guest after the purchase has been made.

Oh Phew! Well that's good I guess - bummer for the people that got 20% off, but good for the people that hadn't gotten tickets yet!

laughingmareacres
11-26-2013, 05:14 PM

Thank you for posting this! I had the freakout moment as well - like hippycowgirl I had just finished talking it over with hubby and realized I could go, only to have the link disappear!

Carpenoctumstable
11-26-2013, 05:15 PM
Yes!!! Thanks for the updated info. Now to keep hitting that link! :lol

White_Horse
11-26-2013, 05:15 PM
Yes!!! Thanks for the updated info. Now to keep hitting that link! :lol

haha..we're going to blow up their servers with refresh

Erin
11-26-2013, 05:17 PM
Buy tickets link is back!

KellyT
11-26-2013, 05:17 PM

Ha ha! Blabbers outsmarted Breyer! Oh well, it was worth a try!

White_Horse
11-26-2013, 05:19 PM
Buy tickets link is back!

woohoo!! Just bought!!

jff0610
11-26-2013, 05:23 PM
That really ticks me off. I figured the discount was too good to be true, but now it just seems like way too much money! If only I could have had time to line up with someone to get my second ticket, because now who knows what will happen with that? I may have just spent way more than I expected (I was going to go by myself, so twice as much as I was planning for) and now just be totally stuck. I just didn't want to take the time to figure it out before they were sold out...and now of course they aren't selling out as fast as I thought so I might have had time. There always has to be some sort of issue when Breyer tries to sell something important and limited, doesn't there? :sigh

laughingmareacres
11-26-2013, 05:23 PM
yep, it's back up! I'm GOING!!! I've never gotten to go to one of these before!!!

:heyhey :heyhey :heyhey

Highadventure
11-26-2013, 05:25 PM
Me neither! VERY excited...although NOT quite so excited to get the "Sorry....no discount for you" phone call....especially after I had gotten hubby all excited by telling him I 'saved" money on the tickets...
DANG IT.
Oh well...Still, I'M GOING! VERY EXCITING!

bainbridge
11-26-2013, 05:27 PM
I am already looking at those Venetian masks! I want to dress up like Marquis de Sade ;) I said that Eliz LaRose can be Madama duBarry and Barb Ness can be Marie Antionette (let there be cake). So yeah, will do something --- and you better too!!!!!!! So excited already. tom :)

Oh, and Tom, do you plan on dressing up for the Mardis Gras costume contest? I will be in stitches if you do!

I kind of want to dress up, but I know others will do it better than me, I'm sure. I will at least wear a mask and beads, just for fun!

laughingmareacres
11-26-2013, 05:28 PM
Me neither! VERY excited...although NOT quite so excited to get the "Sorry....no discount for you" phone call....especially after I had gotten hubby all excited by telling him I 'saved" money on the tickets...
DANG IT.
Oh well...Still, I'M GOING! VERY EXCITING!

:cheer It will be great to see you there!

Yeah, figured the discount would be too good to be true, but it was worth a shot, right?

Highadventure
11-26-2013, 05:29 PM
Indeed.

Highadventure
11-26-2013, 05:32 PM
Perhaps Captain Jack should make an appearance, as well...?
:pirate:pirate:pirate

Savvy?

KellyT
11-26-2013, 05:40 PM
That really ticks me off. I figured the discount was too good to be true, but now it just seems like way too much money! If only I could have had time to line up with someone to get my second ticket, because now who knows what will happen with that? I may have just spent way more than I expected (I was going to go by myself, so twice as much as I was planning for) and now just be totally stuck. I just didn't want to take the time to figure it out before they were sold out...and now of course they aren't selling out as fast as I thought so I might have had time. There always has to be some sort of issue when Breyer tries to sell something important and limited, doesn't there? :sigh

Divingequines is looking for a ticket partner, too (up thread). Can you two share? I am doing the same with a blabber.

Katie89
11-26-2013, 05:49 PM
I figured they'd take the discount code back and not let it be used on the tickets. Bummer for you guys :)

jff0610
11-26-2013, 05:52 PM
Divingequines is looking for a ticket partner, too (up thread). Can you two share? I am doing the same with a blabber.

I'd like to, but I'm afraid it might be too late! I'll probably be contacting Breyer once I get stuff figured out.

Do they actually ask for ID at any point?

turbogrrl
11-26-2013, 05:55 PM
Omg.......

:yaymiller that's awesome!

turbogrrl
11-26-2013, 06:01 PM
Drive to New Jersey near the end of winter....nah. Spend over $500 for two tickets....nah.
Spend unknown amount for food....nah. Motel room $$$....nah.
Ride in a crowded bus perhaps?....nah. Dress up for party....holy cow NO!
Hubby said he would go with me. I wouldn't put him through all of that.
If there's a model there that I just have to acquire....I will buy it on the after-market.
(It's cold, It's raining, and I'm in one of those moods.)

I shall join you in the secondary market purchasing squad! :D

KellyT
11-26-2013, 06:02 PM
I'd like to, but I'm afraid it might be too late! I'll probably be contacting Breyer once I get stuff figured out.

Do they actually ask for ID at any point?

Yes, at PTTP, you did have to show ID at the initial check in to board the buses the first time.

plasminojen
11-26-2013, 06:29 PM
Mom bought tickets for us both! It was over my birthday weekend - such a nice surprise!! See you there!

camaro88lover
11-26-2013, 06:29 PM
So yeah - thanks to Josie Inman, Imma goin'!

DraytonWoods
11-26-2013, 06:31 PM
I'm super happy for you guys going! It's too much cash layout for me during the holidays (at least with BF the pain is spread out) but that's a good deal, really. Even with two required (wonder why that is in place?)

I will live vicariously on Blab and Facebook :lol

swhelehan
11-26-2013, 06:41 PM
:yaymillerTickets are bought! The one day I don't check Breyer's site they sneak this! Just need to book the hotel, flights, and arrange for car service. Mom and I already know what we are doing for the Masquerade Ball. Cannot wait for Feb/March now :yaymiller

PolarVrtX
11-26-2013, 07:09 PM
I'm having so much fun planning for the masquerade ball already! I have some fun ideas! The trick will be getting hubby to dress up. :grin

lonesomeglorylover
11-26-2013, 07:13 PM
EEEEE!! Tickets have been purchased!! :yaymiller I have missed all of the other "behind the scenes" tours so this makes me so excited! I'm glad they did the first come, first serve type of thing as I am really unfortunate with drawings. That horse is absolutely gorgeous. I was so upset that my Mom didn't want to go to Breyerfest, but she was very happy to go to this one as it's much closer, hooray for mom time!

Question though, it says tickets are non-transferable, so, I put down my boyfriends name as he was more likely to come, but then I decided I'd rather spend time with my Mom as my boyfriend and I are doing Breyerfest, so, how do I change the name on the ticket? Crap.

HeatherB
11-26-2013, 07:17 PM
This is a problem for me too. My husband is at work, and I don't know who or how I'll be going, but I AM going, so I put his name on the other ticket but I am not even sure if he'll be going! Hope there is a solution to this!

EEEEE!! Tickets have been purchased!! :yaymiller I have missed all of the other "behind the scenes" tours so this makes me so excited! I'm glad they did the first come, first serve type of thing as I am really unfortunate with drawings. That horse is absolutely gorgeous. I was so upset that my Mom didn't want to go to Breyerfest, but she was very happy to go to this one as it's much closer, hooray for mom time!

Question though, it says tickets are non-transferable, so, I put down my boyfriends name as he was more likely to come, but then I decided I'd rather spend time with my Mom as my boyfriend and I are doing Breyerfest, so, how do I change the name on the ticket? Crap.

Katie89
11-26-2013, 07:20 PM
I will live vicariously on Blab and Facebook :lol

:agreed I am envious of those going but Breyerfest is my goal ;)

Beethovens7th
11-26-2013, 07:25 PM
What torture for someone who loves plastic ponies so much who cannot afford...:randommil :cry!!

lonesomeglorylover
11-26-2013, 07:37 PM
I'm wondering if I should call and ask, but I fear they may write my name down and when I go there they will say "no, we told you so", but, if I don't call, they probably won't deny me at the door. So, my solution will be to ignore the problem and hope it goes away. lol.

wcspegasus
11-26-2013, 08:11 PM
5. All guest/attendee information must be provided at the time of purchase. Names may not be added or changed after purchase is complete. Event tickets are non-transferable and non-refundable. If tickets are purchased as a pair, only one guest needs to be a member of the Collector Club.

I would not count on lenience "at the door". They also send waiver forms prior to the event that have to be signed. I'd ask sooner rather than later if you've changed your mind on your guest.

maddie1524
11-26-2013, 08:18 PM
My Mom just bought me tickets for my 21st birthday! I am so excited! I have never been to a Breyer event before (even Breyerfest)! I cannot wait!

pipperroo
11-26-2013, 08:54 PM
I bought tickets. I had to wait for a friend to come home to make sure she could go. I'm so excited!

kated
11-26-2013, 08:55 PM
I'm so excited!!!!!!

Landshark
11-26-2013, 09:18 PM
Oh man! I am waiting to hear from a friend to make sure she wants to go!

paleogirl78
11-26-2013, 09:23 PM
Mom bought tickets too so it's officially an all girl trip! :woot

(In case we're keeping an estimate of number sold).

WindMillSongRanch
11-26-2013, 09:30 PM
I shall join you in the secondary market purchasing squad! :D
Me too :). I'm just hoping that if there are any ASB's or SCO's, that they are affordable-my biggest worry, lol.

Highadventure
11-26-2013, 09:31 PM
Such is the pain I have felt at EACH and EVERY other one of these events! This is the first one I have every been lucky enough to be able to go to---either being chosen via lottery, or being able to travel to it...

What torture for someone who loves plastic ponies so much who cannot afford...:randommil :cry!!

Landshark
11-26-2013, 09:34 PM
Darn - so I have to list a guest when I buy it~ man I hope my friend gets back to me soon....!

Stumbleine
11-26-2013, 09:37 PM
I would not count on lenience "at the door". They also send waiver forms prior to the event that have to be signed. I'd ask sooner rather than later if you've changed your mind on your guest.

I get that they don't want people scalping these tickets, but that's a little insane. Things could happen between now and the very last day of February. I also love how it says "IF tickets are purchased as a pair," well, they have to be purchased as a pair, so.

MistressEquus17
11-26-2013, 09:40 PM
I haven't read through the whole thread...but do we have to buy them in pairs?...if so - would anyone want a "tag-along" to go with them? I am trying to pay off bills and such right now...but I would like to go to this...I have never been to an event like this and would give just about anything...fiance says that I SHOULD go...but I can't afford to do it all on my own...nor would I want to - it would be LONELY!!!

Just putting this out there...shot in the dark...I want that Carrick SOOO badly!!!!

AMG
11-26-2013, 09:46 PM
I haven't read through the whole thread...but do we have to buy them in pairs?...if so - would anyone want a "tag-along" to go with them? I am trying to pay off bills and such right now...but I would like to go to this...I have never been to an event like this and would give just about anything...fiance says that I SHOULD go...but I can't afford to do it all on my own...nor would I want to - it would be LONELY!!!

Just putting this out there...shot in the dark...I want that Carrick SOOO badly!!!!

I wouldn't rule out the possibility, Shaun.

stableminded
11-26-2013, 09:48 PM
For the past events the staff have guest checklists for things and you have to show ID to get the event model. I don't know if it's ever happened but I wouldn't want get there and end up being excluded from activities and models.

MistressEquus17
11-26-2013, 09:51 PM
I wouldn't rule out the possibility, Shaun.

I am thinking positively!!! WITH FINGERS CROSSED!!! :D

AMG
11-26-2013, 09:51 PM
Added plus - we could travel together!

I can't believe I'm considering this.

AMG
11-26-2013, 09:52 PM
And I have money in my Paypal account. Dang.

MistressEquus17
11-26-2013, 09:54 PM
Added plus - we could travel together!

I can't believe I'm considering this.

OMG! We COULD! :randommil

On a sidenote - Cash's birthday is the 27th. ;) It could be the Big Bash for Cash Dash! :lol

MistressEquus17
11-26-2013, 09:59 PM
OMG! We COULD! :randommil

On a sidenote - Cash's birthday is the 27th. ;) It could be the Big Bash for Cash Dash! :lol

:doh I brain-farted...Cash's birthday is the 26th...:hide I am a terrible mother!

lonesomeglorylover
11-26-2013, 10:08 PM
Sent them an email. Hopefully they can help me out. I do think that it is a little overkill to not allow even one of the tickets to be renamed. I understand not letting the original buyer change names to prevent resales, but the other ticket? Frustrating. At least in my situatuon I didn't make up some name, so if worse comes to worse it will be me and my bf rather than me and my mom. I'd be bummed though. :(

OrigamiGirl
11-26-2013, 10:21 PM
My mom and I are going! This will be a super fun birthday weekend for me! I am particularly excited about the show!

rocket
11-26-2013, 10:39 PM

Oh that is awesome, I would have been happy to volunteer to judge and just go the one day.

I hope everyone has an awesome time and takes lots of photos. As excited as I was to be able to go I can not, sadly like so many there is just no money for it right now. Not even sure right now if the dreams I had of NAN and Fest are gonna happen.

bluediamond
11-26-2013, 10:44 PM
The show sounds like a lot of fun! I haven't been to one since BreyerFest 2010. But, we would be traveling by plane..so I think that would severely limit showing abilities...wish we were closer so we could drive! Are people planning on bringing lots of stuff via plane? I'm thinking maybe 3 models...have to save room for more horses on the way back :grin

chopstix
11-26-2013, 10:56 PM
Just got off the phone with my mom, she can't afford to take the time off from work, so looks like I won't be able to go. :(

Unless, I can finangle my hubby into going with me........

How long does everyone think the tickets will last with the first come first serve thing?

robertsonwf
11-26-2013, 10:57 PM
:woohoo My wife agreed that we can go! I've been collecting for most of my life and have always wanted to see the sample room. You can bet I'll be taking mental notes of all the test Big Bens, Esprits, Andalusians, Hucks, etc. ...so excited already just contemplating it! I'm surprised no one has analyzed the slightly blurry teaser image on the BEB intro page - I see what appear to be lots of colorful Five Gaiters, several Carricks, and a few Brishens among others. What else do you all see?

Tickets are purchased, and now I just need to convince my Mom to watch our 4 kids for the weekend :grin We were fortunate to attend the Sunshine Celebration a few years back, so this will be our second such Breyer event.

Bill

Erin
11-26-2013, 10:58 PM
We will be flying with a ton of stuff... I'm showing performance!!

Landshark
11-26-2013, 11:24 PM
Whaahhh my friend can't go!!! Do we have to buy two tickets?? Anyone want to go with me?? PM me!!!

jff0610
11-27-2013, 12:06 AM
I get that they don't want people scalping these tickets, but that's a little insane. Things could happen between now and the very last day of February. I also love how it says "IF tickets are purchased as a pair," well, they have to be purchased as a pair, so.

:yeahthat It's a bit much...if they're going to force you to buy a pair, there should at least be a little leeway on the non-CC member's name.

Also, I feel like an idiot since the tickets are still available. I could have waited, worked something out with someone here so I had no doubt, and then gotten tickets. But no, it was FCFS, must buy a pair, must name both people and both tickets are non-transferable. But no warning as to any of this. If they'd just said when the tickets would go on sale and that they'd need to be purchased in pairs, this whole thing would have gone much more smoothly.

But on the bright side...I got tickets! One might be a giant waste of $275 (I so can't afford that!:cry), but I'm going! :toothy

dazyblue
11-27-2013, 12:08 AM
GOING!!!!!!! PM'd a friend on Facebook in the off chance that she'd be able to go, and the next thing I know she's ordering the tickets for us . . . so we're going!!!!

I keep feeling like I should be waking up now. Dream come true!!! :randommil:yaymiller:bananadance

PennyL
11-27-2013, 12:24 AM
GOING!!!!!!! PM'd a friend on Facebook in the off chance that she'd be able to go, and the next thing I know she's ordering the tickets for us . . . so we're going!!!!

I keep feeling like I should be waking up now. Dream come true!!! :randommil:yaymiller:bananadance

....aaaaand that would be me!!!!! We are GOING!!!! :woohoo

:egyptian:yaymiller:breakdanc

:heyhey:heyhey:heyhey:heyhey

Stumbleine
11-27-2013, 12:58 AM
Hey yall, if anyone who's flying, wants to ship their models to me, my mom and I should have room in our car (we're driving.) I mean for SOME models, so first come first serve obvi. Since it's winter the lack of air conditioning in my SUV won't suck so we can take that instead of her civic.

Especially since it'll be an all Breyer show, that limits my own already small string immensely, so hit me up :) I figure you could ship the models to me, and then we'd ship them back. Kinda like proxying but I don't actually have to do anything other than drive them 4 hours round trip.

Stumbleine
11-27-2013, 01:01 AM
:yeahthat It's a bit much...if they're going to force you to buy a pair, there should at least be a little leeway on the non-CC member's name.

Also, I feel like an idiot since the tickets are still available. I could have waited, worked something out with someone here so I had no doubt, and then gotten tickets. But no, it was FCFS, must buy a pair, must name both people and both tickets are non-transferable. But no warning as to any of this. If they'd just said when the tickets would go on sale and that they'd need to be purchased in pairs, this whole thing would have gone much more smoothly.

But on the bright side...I got tickets! One might be a giant waste of $275 (I so can't afford that!:cry), but I'm going! :toothy

Don't feel like an idiot, lol. I called my mom 4 times on her cell phone, then called her house phone which meant she picked up frantically thinking I was near death, because I NEVER call the house phone. Kept her on the phone while going through paypal repeating to her that "it may not go through, don't get excited, it'll probably not go through." So you are absolutely not the only one who was afraid they'd sell out like a One Direction concert.

Beethovens7th
11-27-2013, 10:15 AM
Such is the pain I have felt at EACH and EVERY other one of these events! This is the first one I have every been lucky enough to be able to go to---either being chosen via lottery, or being able to travel to it...
:hugg
Well, that is sooo good, FINALLY, friend! Have a blast for us, if you will!:)

Erin
11-27-2013, 10:51 AM
I don't think we're *positive* it's an all-Breyer show though. It might not be...

DivineEquines
11-27-2013, 10:58 AM
I found a partner for the 2nd ticket so I am officially going! So excited!! :yaymiller

PennyL
11-27-2013, 11:41 AM
I just tried to access the "buy tickets" page (out of curiosity, I already have my tix) and I wasn't able to access it. Could it be that they are sold out??

Erin
11-27-2013, 11:43 AM
If you already have tickets, the buy now page is removed - I used my account to buy them, but can still log in under BF's account to check and see if the buy button works... going to look now!

ETA - Yep, tickets are still available! VERY surprised they haven't managed to sell the 100 pairs yet!

PennyL
11-27-2013, 11:47 AM
If you already have tickets, the buy now page is removed - I used my account to buy them, but can still log in under BF's account to check and see if the buy button works... going to look now!

ETA - Yep, tickets are still available! VERY surprised they haven't managed to sell the 100 pairs yet!

I wondered about that after I posted... makes sense.

And I am also surprised that they haven't sold out yet.

RedRuby
11-27-2013, 12:37 PM
I would love to go but it's either Breyerfest or this and I want to go to Breyerfest more since I haven't been since 1991! Besides, I want to visit my favorite horses Cigar and Funny Cide at the Horse Park. Those that go, please share photos! What I wouldn't give to someday see that vault they have!

Stumbleine
11-27-2013, 12:47 PM
I don't think we're *positive* it's an all-Breyer show though. It might not be...

Well, even still I should have some space :) Since I basically sold off all my paintwork after NAN except for two or three. I have more competitive Stones than I do Breyer anymore, I can't imagine Breyer would sanction a show with an OF Stone division. I wouldn't be as surprised if they had an AR division or allowed non-breyer CMs though. But my mom and I managed to get both our full show strings and overnight bags into her Civic for our last show, so as long as we can take my SUV I should have space :)

And if no one takes me up on the offer, I'll just have extra space to bring home a bunch of stuff I absolutely should not be buying, LOL.

Intothesunstudio
11-27-2013, 01:12 PM
Sounds like a fun event. I so wish I could afford to go! The ball and show sound fun and I've always wanted to see the breyer archive room.

Landshark
11-27-2013, 01:45 PM
Please I need someone to share the tickets!!! Anyone want to split them? Please I really want to go!!! PM me.

akwidman
11-27-2013, 01:55 PM
Maybe start a new thread staying you're looking for someone to go with? Someone else did that and it worked....

bluediamond
11-27-2013, 02:15 PM
So is the model horse show in place of visiting farms? I don't know if I can convince my husband to stick around with me at a model horse show all day, so I wonder if it is reasonable to skip and tour around NYC instead. (even though I would love to do the model horse show, I feel like my show string would be pretty limited with the traveling, it might not be worth it to spend a whole day for a few classes)

freakofnature
11-27-2013, 03:16 PM
Aw man, I'd love to go to one of these events. There's no way I can make this one. I don't have a partner, I don't have the money and the timing is awful. I'm the foaling person at the farm where I work and we have 8 mares due in February. They'd never let me have time off for this. Some day...

DrSteggy
11-27-2013, 03:43 PM

FWIW--when they did the kid event last year (same number of tickets) I put my name in twice for each of my nieces. When I won, I called to ask which kid got picked and was told "bring both of them, and if you have any friends who want to go, you can get tickets for them too"

So, I wonder about the NJ event (probably the easiest and least expensive one to do) getting saturated? Or something?

I am personally more excited about the party/socializing this year. Though another 15 minutes in the archive room will be awesome.

Erin
11-27-2013, 03:46 PM
I also wonder if people are just strapped since it's RIGHT before Christmas... but still I'd have thought 200 tickets would be gone in an instant!

KellyT
11-27-2013, 03:54 PM
I also wonder if people are just strapped since it's RIGHT before Christmas... but still I'd have thought 200 tickets would be gone in an instant!

PTTP did not sell out either. I think that we counted 180 or so participants rather then the 200.

paleogirl78
11-27-2013, 03:58 PM
PTTP did not sell out either. I think that we counted 180 or so participants rather then the 200.

Yup! And we got a chance to go back through the SR line after everyone went through at their designated color times too. (I believe I'm remembering correctly...anybody?)

turbogrrl
11-27-2013, 03:59 PM
Yup! And we got a chance to go back through the SR line after everyone went through at their designated color times too. (I believe I'm remembering correctly...anybody?)

You are correct! I have a feeling this will be much more popular than PttP due to the Breyer sample room tour :)

KellyT
11-27-2013, 04:00 PM

Yes, they had like 23 models left. There was a tough time pulling out a number to start that line from and a lot of people left (me included).

paleogirl78
11-27-2013, 04:03 PM
Yes, they had like 23 models left. There was a tough time pulling out a number to start that line from and a lot of people left (me included).

Thanks! I was thinking so, but I didn't bother to stay either. I was more worried about shipping them home by that time.

And this one is Definately more popular in my household due to the events. PTTP was cool and the kids tour was ok, but this one sounds super fun! We're all excited! Even the teen lol

Erin
11-27-2013, 04:04 PM
Yep, I was there for that - neither BF or I got numbers in the right spot to get to go through the line again. Sadly!

But the east coast is so much more densely populated than the west, it seems like this should sell out faster, but I guess not!

hippycowgirl
11-27-2013, 04:08 PM

I'm betting it will be since Breyerfest Live and BreyerWest in the past are and have been. I just can't imagine Breyer sponsoring a show and welcoming the competition so to speak. ;) Although Breakables is in direct contrast to that line of thinking. :haha

modelhorsemissy
11-27-2013, 04:50 PM
Just bought them for my husband and I! It will be my first big model event since Breyerfest 2004. I am excited beyond words!!

OrigamiGirl
11-27-2013, 05:05 PM
So is the model horse show in place of visiting farms? I don't know if I can convince my husband to stick around with me at a model horse show all day, so I wonder if it is reasonable to skip and tour around NYC instead. (even though I would love to do the model horse show, I feel like my show string would be pretty limited with the traveling, it might not be worth it to spend a whole day for a few classes)

At past events, we've had the option of skipping some activities. If you do choose to do this though, let the Breyer rep for your group know so that they don't hold up the bus wondering where you are.

tabletopstudios
11-27-2013, 05:31 PM
I think part of the reason there may still be tickets left (15-20 per the other thread) is because as far as I can tell, they haven't advertised that the tickets are for sale! I didnt receive a CC email, there weren't any posts to their FB or CC News pages...it looks like you had to either find it on the CC home page yourself or find out about it from Blab. A lot of people are also away from the computer this week with Thanksgiving.

I was surprised they didnt do an email ahead of time announcing when tickets would go on sale, but given how I keep missing out on that kind of stuff due to traffic overwhelming their website I'm not complaining!

PixelPerfectStables
11-27-2013, 05:33 PM
:randommil I can go but I need a partner!

Erin
11-27-2013, 05:38 PM
I think part of the reason there may still be tickets left (15-20 per the other thread) is because as far as I can tell, they haven't advertised that the tickets are for sale! I didnt receive a CC email, there weren't any posts to their FB or CC News pages...it looks like you had to either find it on the CC home page yourself or find out about it from Blab. A lot of people are also away from the computer this week with Thanksgiving.

I was surprised they didnt do an email ahead of time announcing when tickets would go on sale, but given how I keep missing out on that kind of stuff due to traffic overwhelming their website I'm not complaining!

This is a very good point! I wonder if they did it this way (just putting them up for sale with no notice) to avoid the server crashing fiasco of Mother Lode. Plenty of non-buyers would have been refreshing just to look, slowing it down for everybody!

KellyT
11-27-2013, 05:45 PM
:randommil I can go but I need a partner!
Can you go with landshark (erin)?

I Like Shiny Things
11-27-2013, 06:04 PM
To anyone who used Paypal bill me later for this, can you explain how this works to me? I have Paypal but have never used that before. Can you spread the payments out?

PennyL
11-27-2013, 06:07 PM
Just got a note from a friend in Michigan (not a Blabber). She wants to go but needs a partner for ordering tickets. PM me for her contact info...

Jocelyn
11-27-2013, 07:11 PM
Just talked to my dad about it... we're going! :yaymiller I'm especially excited to see how the show will pan out. And the archive room... :woohoo

Gilder
11-27-2013, 07:34 PM
To anyone who used Paypal bill me later for this, can you explain how this works to me? I have Paypal but have never used that before. Can you spread the payments out?

BillMeLater is PayPal's version of a credit card. You have to apply for it; they do check your credit. I don't know if you need to have PayPal ask you into the program or not. I don't remember how I first signed up for it.

Jocelyn
11-27-2013, 07:42 PM
Did anyone else look up Medieval Times? Looks like it's a JOUSTING show!! :D

http://www.medievaltimes.com/

jff0610
11-27-2013, 08:28 PM
Turns out I may need a partner too...my friend bought her own tickets. Oops. :haha

The problem is that I don't know whether I'll be allowed to change my guest's name or not, so I don't want to commit to be someone's ticket partner until I'm sure that the name can be changed. I'd really hate to be responsible for someone counting on my second ticket, finding out that the name can't be changed, and then missing out on buying the tickets entirely! I wish they wouldn't have put these up right before a holiday...I'm having flashbacks to the vault sale! :lol

I'm really hoping they'll be reasonable about this though, especially since I (and the others who have mentioned this problem) will be asking shortly after purchasing the tickets, hopefully before they start making lists and schedules and stuff. :crossfingers

lonesomeglorylover
11-27-2013, 08:29 PM
Medival times is great. We have one here in Croftone. The food is always amazing and best of all, free with the show! The horses are gorgeous.

Martina
11-27-2013, 08:56 PM

I think they should have given people more of a heads up when it was coming. It also might have been better if they didn't post it on the busiest travel day of the year!

I wish they hadn't required two tickets. I was too nervous about being left out that I'm dragging my husband along. If I could have bought one ticket than that would have left a spot for someone else who wants to go.

Landshark
11-27-2013, 09:25 PM
I think they should have given people more of a heads up when it was coming. It also might have been better if they didn't post it on the busiest travel day of the year!

I wish they hadn't required two tickets. I was too nervous about being left out that I'm dragging my husband along. If I could have bought one ticket than that would have left a spot for someone else who wants to go.

:agreed
There was no way to have time to find another person to go. And when I asked if I could buy two tickets in case I couldn't find anyone they were clear to tell me I would still only get one model. I feel bad for anyone wanting to go who might be away right now for the holiday. This is the busiest holiday of the year! I too am surprised they did not send out an email.

~*PrincessXena*~
11-28-2013, 01:51 PM
I could cry, I just bought the last ticket apparently because it only let me buy one! How did I miss this and now what the heck is my hubby gonna do? It made me list him as my guest but now he has no way to buy a ticket so some how it let people buy singles:( I'm more pissed that Breyer never even sent out a warning or message wtf:/

paleogirl78
11-28-2013, 02:09 PM
I could cry, I just bought the last ticket apparently because it only let me buy one! How did I miss this and now what the heck is my hubby gonna do? It made me list him as my guest but now he has no way to buy a ticket so some how it let people buy singles:( I'm more pissed that Breyer never even sent out a warning or message wtf:/

Wait. How is that possible that you could only buy one? Is there a glitch? And would we even get notified that it's sold out?? Maybe he can tag along with someone on here that bought two but don't really have anyone going?

~*PrincessXena*~
11-28-2013, 02:21 PM
When I bought the ticket I had 2 in my cart and the cart did the "the # available is less than the quantity you entered so we've updated your cart" message. ..I will certainly be calling Breyer tomorrow. I'm sure a few people just bought extras but according to our pole it looks like every ticket sold went to a blabber.

~*PrincessXena*~
11-28-2013, 02:47 PM
Oh thank goodness there was a glitch! Thanks to a wonderful Breyer employee that'll help sort it out after the holiday. Now I can breathe easy and be ever so freaking excited about this trip:D

lonesomeglorylover
11-28-2013, 04:48 PM
I called Breyer today and spoke to someone and they told me Breyer would call me back tomorrow about changing the ticket name. Hopefully they let me do it. I told them I'm obviously not selling the ticket to some random because my Mom and I have the same last name, so I think they were happy to do it. At least I hope so, we'll find out tomorrow! :lol

paleogirl78
11-28-2013, 05:41 PM
Oh thank goodness there was a glitch! Thanks to a wonderful Breyer employee that'll help sort it out after the holiday. Now I can breathe easy and be ever so freaking excited about this trip:D

Oh good! Glad to hear it was just a glitch . I wondered when you said it was just one ticket.

poodlegirl
11-28-2013, 06:54 PM
Congratulations to all of you who are getting to go! :cheer I really tried to make it to this one, but couldn't get any of my siblings to agree to meet me there on the short notice! :( One of the disadvantages to us all living on 3 different continents! But I am thrilled that so many blabbers are going-please overwhelm us all with pictures!!! And I will be eagerly watching for the SR's and hoping to add one or two to my collection! Oh, there might be a Wintersong!!!! (Hopefully not as an extremely limited release... :thud 100 would be perfect! ;) )

PennyL
11-28-2013, 07:21 PM
When I bought the ticket I had 2 in my cart and the cart did the "the # available is less than the quantity you entered so we've updated your cart" message. ..I will certainly be calling Breyer tomorrow. I'm sure a few people just bought extras but according to our pole it looks like every ticket sold went to a blabber.

Actually not *all* the tickets went to Blabbers... I made sure a non-Blabber friend of mine knew about it, and she has ordered two tickets. However, due to some confusion, the person she thought she was teaming up with has teamed up with someone else, so she needs to change the second name on her order.

If anybody is interested, PM me for her contact info.

iheartbreyers
11-28-2013, 07:30 PM
I hope all of you that are able to afford it will have a good time :)

MistressEquus17
11-28-2013, 08:25 PM
Plans didn't pan out on my end...:sad But everything happens for a reason.

Congrats to all who are going! Somebody snag me a SCO or Esprit if there's one? :lmao Or...at least the Carrick? :hide

AMG
11-28-2013, 10:35 PM
Plans didn't pan out on my end...:sad But everything happens for a reason.

Congrats to all who are going! Somebody snag me a SCO or Esprit if there's one? :lmao Or...at least the Carrick? :hide

I'm trying hard to make it so, at least in part. (Darn cauliflower!)

sommerpony
11-29-2013, 10:19 AM
Are tickets sold out now?

Kim G
11-29-2013, 11:19 AM
I tried this morning and said not available.

jff0610
11-29-2013, 11:46 AM
Well, if anyone missed the tickets and wants to go, I do need someone to take my second ticket (assuming Breyer lets me change the name...). Just putting that out there. :)

Beethovens7th
11-29-2013, 06:14 PM
IF there are any Nokotas, Lady Phases, or Ethereals, please, please, please be my friend!!:hubba
(You know where to find me:))

RedRuby
11-29-2013, 06:15 PM
Tickets sold out in less than 24 hours according to what I was hearing. Some of the Collector club folks managed to get tickets it seems.

KellyT
11-29-2013, 06:58 PM
Tickets sold out in less than 24 hours according to what I was hearing. Some of the Collector club folks managed to get tickets it seems.

It was open to collector's club members. There was no need to be a premier or vintage club member. :)

charmcitycreations
11-29-2013, 08:16 PM
If they do a show, anybody willing to take any horses, or is that not allowed? I don't make it to any shows and would LOVE to send a horse or two, especially of my own work which has never hit a ring :) I have never done this before so I have no idea how any of it would work but could reimburse somebody for it. Not meaning to change the topic, I just didn't want to start a new one if it was supposed to go here. Sorry if not!

pipperroo
11-29-2013, 08:58 PM
Once again I am so glad for the Blab news network. When this was announced in the JAH magazine I immediately told my husband I was going. But if I had not heard about it here I would not have been able to find out about ticket sales before they sold out.

Beethovens7th
11-29-2013, 09:04 PM
Once again I am so glad for the Blab news network. When this was announced in the JAH magazine I immediately told my husband I was going. But if I had not heard about it here I would not have been able to find out about ticket sales before they sold out.

Well, i'm so glad you get to go!:)

Jennifer2
11-30-2013, 02:54 PM
If they do a show, anybody willing to take any horses, or is that not allowed? I don't make it to any shows and would LOVE to send a horse or two, especially of my own work which has never hit a ring :) I have never done this before so I have no idea how any of it would work but could reimburse somebody for it. Not meaning to change the topic, I just didn't want to start a new one if it was supposed to go here. Sorry if not!

Most likely that will not be allowed. Breyerfest Live does not permit proxy showing, so I would expect this show to work the same way.

equusus
11-30-2013, 07:40 PM
My tickets are showing as backordered in my order history. Is anyone else getting that?

PixelPerfectStables
11-30-2013, 08:06 PM
My tickets are showing as backordered in my order history. Is anyone else getting that?

Same here. I would except that since the event is so far off, they might not have the tickets printed up and ready to go yet. I doubt they were expecting to sell out quite this fast!

Highadventure
11-30-2013, 08:17 PM
Good. April and I both got this, and were hoping that was the deal. Can't wait to see what the schedule is going to be....not to mention the MODELS!
Amy W.

White_Horse
11-30-2013, 08:22 PM
Good. April and I both got this, and were hoping that was the deal. Can't wait to see what the schedule is going to be....not to mention the MODELS!
Amy W.

This is my guess at the schedule..it seems to make the most logical sense...

Friday day is factory/office tour, Friday night is medieval times, saturday day is model show, and saturday night is the ball. I know they have it running through Sunday but I don't see anything else major to take up a large chunk of time..unless they don't hand out the models until Sunday morning...

jkira
11-30-2013, 08:24 PM
They've done model sales on Sunday morning for the past two events. I suspect it'll be the same here...

equusus
11-30-2013, 08:30 PM
My guess at the schedule is:
Friday night Medieval Times
Saturday tours/boutique (boutique possibly Sun morning before show)
Sat night Ball
Sunday (boutique?) Model Horse show

PixelPerfectStables
11-30-2013, 08:31 PM
This is my guess at the schedule..it seems to make the most logical sense...

Friday day is factory/office tour, Friday night is medieval times, saturday day is model show, and saturday night is the ball. I know they have it running through Sunday but I don't see anything else major to take up a large chunk of time..unless they don't hand out the models until Sunday morning...

I've never been to one of these things, but I'd suspect that that would be how it's going to go. I don't think they'd have us starting out with the show.

Martina
11-30-2013, 08:50 PM
I hope they hand out the models before the show. I image there will be people going who either don't show or don't want to fly with models. I'm dragging my husband along. He has no idea what he is walking into but I think he will enjoy everything except the show. We live 2 hours away and I'm hoping the show is the last event so he can bug out early and others who aren't showing may be able to take an early flight too.

Martina

lonesomeglorylover
11-30-2013, 08:51 PM
What should I expect for the ball? I sort of want to wear one of my super simple Prom dresses that looks perfect for it, and get a little purple mask to match it, but how fancy is too fancy? Were the other event nights like this for the other tours? Is it an actual ball? Or a casual, food, raffle, hang out sort of thing?

Ohh, I'm so so so excited!

onekindacowboy
11-30-2013, 08:59 PM
Ooo now with all of this talk I wish I was going.....

camaro88lover
11-30-2013, 09:06 PM
What should I expect for the ball? I sort of want to wear one of my super simple Prom dresses that looks perfect for it, and get a little purple mask to match it, but how fancy is too fancy? Were the other event nights like this for the other tours? Is it an actual ball? Or a casual, food, raffle, hang out sort of thing?

I'm curious about this too. But this is the dress I'll be wearing and I'm hoping to have a mask made to match it (it'll have peacock feathers on it):
http://www.simplybe.com/maxi-dresses/rise-nadia-halter-maxi-dress/invt/uc249el/

jff0610
11-30-2013, 09:24 PM

I was wondering too...I have a couple of bridesmaid dresses that might work, I guess, but they aren't exactly the most comfortable things to wear so I doubt I'm going to bother, unless (a) everyone else does or (b) there are some incentives/prizes. However, I am looking forward to finding a fun mask to wear. :toothy

Oh and Jenn, did Breyer get back to you about changing the name on your second ticket? I'm planning to call about that on Monday, but I thought you might have heard back already since you contacted them earlier. I hope it won't be too difficult! :crossfingers

MistressEquus17
11-30-2013, 09:40 PM
:sad

Oh, how I wish I was going! Darn the last-minute attempts to plan! :(

I will have to live vicariously! :popcorn

lonesomeglorylover
11-30-2013, 09:52 PM
I'm curious about this too. But this is the dress I'll be wearing and I'm hoping to have a mask made to match it (it'll have peacock feathers on it):
http://www.simplybe.com/maxi-dresses/rise-nadia-halter-maxi-dress/invt/uc249el/

That's funny because I thought of you as a wrote that, I saw your post on Facebook and it got me thinking. That dress is gorgeous!

I was wondering too...I have a couple of bridesmaid dresses that might work, I guess, but they aren't exactly the most comfortable things to wear so I doubt I'm going to bother, unless (a) everyone else does or (b) there are some incentives/prizes. However, I am looking forward to finding a fun mask to wear. :toothy

Oh and Jenn, did Breyer get back to you about changing the name on your second ticket? I'm planning to call about that on Monday, but I thought you might have heard back already since you contacted them earlier. I hope it won't be too difficult! :crossfingers

I called Thanksgiving afternoon and spoke to a woman who left a message for them to call me back as she said they were closed, I left her my email, phone and name and I haven't heard from them. I sent them an email last week as well. I never remember to call because by the time I sit down and think about what else I need to do in a day it's 7pm. :( I sure hope there are prizes for dressing up! That'd be awesome. Like a costume contest.

White_Horse
12-01-2013, 09:11 AM
At VRE there was a ball/dinner but that was right around Halloween time so it was Halloween themed and everyone was in costume. For this one I'm pulling out one of my dresses I've used for ren faires. I'm more comfortable in it than any other ball type dress I have and it is what fits me right now. LOL. It's also one of those outfits that depending on what I put with it can head in a lot of different directions (gypsy, pirate, ren, etc) Since the event is Mardi Gras themed I'm heading that direction with the accessories. My friend that I'm going with is also going ren-type outfit.

White_Horse
12-01-2013, 09:24 AM
My guess at the schedule is:
Friday night Medieval Times
Saturday tours/boutique (boutique possibly Sun morning before show)
Sat night Ball
Sunday (boutique?) Model Horse show

The only thing about this is the Breyer factory/offices normally aren't open on Saturday so they'd have to bring in workers especially for this. At VRE when they did factory tour we had someone leading us around who was helping to run VRE but as we got to different areas they sometimes had workers in that area talking about what they did or they had them there working so we could see it (VRE was only one day and on a Friday). Don't know if they're doing the tours differently this time or they're going to bring people in on a normally off day for it.

Jocelyn
12-01-2013, 09:33 AM
In the past, have there been prizes for dressing up like a costume contest? I have a fervent hatred of wearing dresses (or any sort of formal attire, really :lol) but if there's rare models at stake, then I might force myself to...

Martina
12-01-2013, 09:39 AM
The Premiere Event was also a one day thing and held on Saturday. They also brought in people to work on Saturday of course that was when they made almost all of their models in the US. I think at that point only the SM were shipped over. It was a Mardi Gras theme and people wore masks, after the dinner there was a DJ and dancing but people didn't dress up too fancy. Of course that was a long time ago and these events have grown since. They handed out a few AP Conns as prizes. Of course that was a long time ago way back in 2002. Back in my day we didn't have all these SRs like you young folk have. We got our dinner model and leftover fuzzy BF SM and maybe a centerpiece model if we were lucky and we liked it. ;)

Martina
12-01-2013, 09:55 AM
In the past, have there been prizes for dressing up like a costume contest? I have a fervent hatred of wearing dresses (or any sort of formal attire, really :lol) but if there's rare models at stake, then I might force myself to...

I'm with you. I should get a prize just for wearing a dress. :D Is it bad forum to wear jeans under your dress?

Highadventure
12-01-2013, 10:45 AM
I'm wondering if it even needs to be a DRESS.....when I see "Masquerade Ball"....it makes me think more of a costume contest, where many things could work. I don't really have a dress at this time that would work, and not sure I want to go out and buy one just for this--even with models as an incentive! Money needs to go towards the special models that I'm hoping will be available.....I'm wondering if other types of costumes might work for this, as well.
I mean, a true Mardi Gras party sees ALL KINDS of outfits....not just ball gowns with masks.

The weirder the better, in fact.
Amy W.

PolarVrtX
12-01-2013, 10:46 AM
The Premiere Event was also a one day thing and held on Saturday. They also brought in people to work on Saturday of course that was when they made almost all of their models in the US. I think at that point only the SM were shipped over. It was a Mardi Gras theme and people wore masks, after the dinner there was a DJ and dancing but people didn't dress up too fancy. Of course that was a long time ago and these events have grown since. They handed out a few AP Conns as prizes. Of course that was a long time ago way back in 2002. Back in my day we didn't have all these SRs like you young folk have. We got our dinner model and leftover fuzzy BF SM and maybe a centerpiece model if we were lucky and we liked it. ;)

It was similar at VRE... we had Halloween style costumes, but they handed out some AP Conns and maybe AP other stuff as prizes. The only one I remember for sure was a friend winning an AP Masquerade... oh, and wasn't there a glossy Alborozo that somebody won? I'd have to go back and look at my notes. It was some random stuff, not a specific prize model, but still good stuff! They might do something different this time, but there were prizes in the past.

PolarVrtX
12-01-2013, 10:47 AM
I'm wondering if it even needs to be a DRESS.....when I see "Masquerade Ball"....it makes me think more of a costume contest, where many things could work. I don't really have a dress at this time that would work, and not sure I want to go out and buy one just for this--even with models as an incentive! Money needs to go towards the special models that I'm hoping will be available.....I'm wondering if other types of costumes might work for this, as well.
I mean, a true Mardi Gras party sees ALL KINDS of outfits....not just ball gowns with masks.

The weirder the better, in fact.
Amy W.

My husband is planning to go as Darth Vadar :grin I couldn't talk him in to a "traditional" masquerade style costume :lol

Highadventure
12-01-2013, 11:27 AM
Oh, I am DEFINITELY NOT doing a "traditional" costume.....
although mine will have a bit of a "Mardi Gras" twist, if I can figure out how to DOOOOOO EEEET.
Gonna try and dress Hubby up, as well...not sure he's going to go for it.

Jocelyn
12-01-2013, 11:39 AM
Hmm... time to start scheming then... :devil

asoolappa
12-01-2013, 01:50 PM

I checked my account once I noted your post.....the history shows the ticket cost, however, if I click the highlighted order number, this takes me to the page that tells me what I ordered......in a burnt red color it says "this item is backordered"....
My credit card has been charged. Should one assume this is Breyer's accounting that shows I HAVE the item, Breyer just needs to fill that order?...as in February? Can others check to see if they also have the "backorder" comment?

Thanks so much! ~Heather W.

Erin
12-01-2013, 01:52 PM
Mine say backordered, and I ordered really fast after this thread went up so I am pretty sure we got a pair! I think they just aren't ready to ship yet, and this is how Breyer is telling us. It's always something, isn't it? :lol

Pintos Preferred
12-01-2013, 03:51 PM
The Premiere Event was also a one day thing and held on Saturday. It was a Mardi Gras theme and people wore masks, after the dinner there was a DJ and dancing but people didn't dress up too fancy. They handed out a few AP Conns as prizes. Of course that was a long time ago way back in 2002. Back in my day we didn't have all these SRs like you young folk have. We got our dinner model and leftover fuzzy BF SM and maybe a centerpiece model if we were lucky and we liked it. ;)

It was similar at VRE... we had Halloween style costumes, but they handed out some AP Conns and maybe AP other stuff as prizes. The only one I remember for sure was a friend winning an AP Masquerade... oh, and wasn't there a glossy Alborozo that somebody won? I'd have to go back and look at my notes. It was some random stuff, not a specific prize model, but still good stuff! They might do something different this time, but there were prizes in the past.

Yes, I remember those costume contest prizes at those two events but I also remember that Breyer advised us to all wear denim and diamonds to the LSE dinner; yet there were no prizes given out for costumes there. The only prizes at the LSE dinner were the centerpieces for sitting by a certain number at each table and a few door prizes that were handed out later in the evening. A lot of LSE atendees thought there was going to be a costume contest for best denim and diamonds because those previous events had had contests. So unless Breyer specifically announces a costume contest there may not be one.

PolarVrtX
12-01-2013, 05:11 PM
Oh, good to know! Thanks, Sande! I didn't attend LSE so I'd forgotten that.

PixelPerfectStables
12-01-2013, 05:18 PM
I'm really curious...with this many people attending, and most of them likely entering the show, I wonder what they'll use for a classlist? Will they use the BreyerFest one? How many people usually enter BreyerFest Live, and what are the class sizes like? (I haven't entered a Breyer show since BFest '04, and that was the Youth division, huge huge classes).

~*PrincessXena*~
12-01-2013, 08:36 PM
I would love to show, I'm certainly very curious what the class list will be like or how many people will actually enter. I'm flying though so I'd be scared to bring most of my models:/ Anyone have any tips for people that have flown to BFL or other shows? Do you just ship a box or two to the hotel?

Erin
12-01-2013, 08:40 PM
I have flown with horses a ton. Never put anything in your checked bags that you couldn't live without... even though the chances of them losing your bags are slim, it could happen. I usually check all my OFs and performance props, and have my more expensive horses with me in my carry-on. You can also ship ahead to a person who lives in the area - probably safer than trusting the hotel! Boxes get lost every year going to the CHIN.

ETA - I *only* check horses when I have a direct flight. If there's connections, no dice - changing planes is a perfect chance for them to lose your bag. At least with a direct flight it only has to make it onto the right plane one time!

MistressEquus17
12-01-2013, 08:47 PM
If anyone has any last minute changes in plans...I would love to be a tag-along...:sad Just putting it out there.

PolarVrtX
12-01-2013, 08:50 PM
The rumor I heard was that the show is on Saturday afternoon... I have no idea how they are going to squeeze it in! I'm guessing the class list will be very shortened or they will limit us somehow. There is no way they can do the BF class list. Maybe everyone will be limited to 10 horses or something :lol

jff0610
12-01-2013, 08:58 PM
Yes, I remember those costume contest prizes at those two events but I also remember that Breyer advised us to all wear denim and diamonds to the LSE dinner; yet there were no prizes given out for costumes there. The only prizes at the LSE dinner were the centerpieces for sitting by a certain number at each table and a few door prizes that were handed out later in the evening. A lot of LSE atendees thought there was going to be a costume contest for best denim and diamonds because those previous events had had contests. So unless Breyer specifically announces a costume contest there may not be one.

Dang. How will I know whether to put any effort into my outfit? :lol

bjorgo
12-01-2013, 09:23 PM
As soon as we have concrete information on the show, I will post it in the Big Easy Bash thread. :-)

Stay tuned, fellow Blabbers, the plans are in the works!

asoolappa
12-01-2013, 11:47 PM
Mine say backordered, and I ordered really fast after this thread went up so I am pretty sure we got a pair! I think they just aren't ready to ship yet, and this is how Breyer is telling us. It's always something, isn't it? :lol

Thanks Erin! I ordered my tix early also ..... so I will go with you on this is how Breyer is telling us!! ~Heather W.

lonesomeglorylover
12-02-2013, 01:26 PM
The rumor I heard was that the show is on Saturday afternoon... I have no idea how they are going to squeeze it in! I'm guessing the class list will be very shortened or they will limit us somehow. There is no way they can do the BF class list. Maybe everyone will be limited to 10 horses or something :lol

10 horses would be nice for me! :lol I only have 11 OF traditionals or so, maybe 8 of them show quality. I would hate to see everyone else not be able to show all of their horses though.

AMG
12-02-2013, 02:01 PM
Apparently Reeves is taking a very, very, very hard line on the ticket transfer thing. Making a single person pay for the cost of two, but only get one, just because your second person can't go?

Not the best way to combat ticket scalping, I think.

Erin
12-02-2013, 02:14 PM
Are there stories of that happening this time Andrea? Has anybody tested it?

tabletopstudios
12-02-2013, 02:21 PM

I'd been hoping/figuring the show would either be Friday before the dinner thing or Sunday after the boutique. Not everyone is going to show or be interested in that so having it at the front or end of event makes it easy for people to join as they want. I'd really hate to have to choose between showing and doing the tours and visiting the archive room on Saturday. Also, since it says that the show will include halter, collectability, and performance they've got to give a decent amount of time for it even with a pretty minimal class list!

I'm eagerly awaiting more information though--so excited!

Apparently Reeves is taking a very, very, very hard line on the ticket transfer thing.

To be fair/play devils advocate--the current ticket policies have been the policy for several of these events now and were clearly stated before buying these. I completely understand the frustratration/disappointment of people who had to take a gamble on that second name but I also understand Breyer wanting to make sure that tickets aren't scalped or they aren't constantly innundated by people wanting to change the names.

I'm not really sure what the best middleground would be, but I don't think people can be surprised that exactly what they were told would happen may be happening and no transfers are allowed.

Erin
12-02-2013, 02:29 PM
I see both sides for sure! I think the one difference for this event is that as far as I know, this is the first time it's really been sprung on us with no notice to plan, and also the first time that buyers had to purchase tickets in pairs, right? For prior events they sold X tickets but you could bring a guest? For PTTP you could buy 1 or 2 tickets as well, so that makes it a bit easier.

AMG
12-02-2013, 02:43 PM
Yes, Erin, the person I tried teaming up with tried changing the ticket this morning, and was told absolutely not.

I know this had been the policy before, but in previous situations there had been enough prior notification that singletons had the time to find partners. There wasn't enough time in this case for it to happen.

jff0610
12-02-2013, 02:52 PM
Apparently Reeves is taking a very, very, very hard line on the ticket transfer thing. Making a single person pay for the cost of two, but only get one, just because your second person can't go?

I called this morning and was transferred to someone else where I had to leave a voicemail. If she doesn't get back to me soon, I'm going to call back. If they refuse and refuse to at least let me have the second Cafe au Lait and chance at SRs so I can try to recoup the cost, then that's basically stealing $275 from me. :sigh

To be fair/play devils advocate--the current ticket policies have been the policy for several of these events now and were clearly stated before buying these. I completely understand the frustratration/disappointment of people who had to take a gamble on that second name but I also understand Breyer wanting to make sure that tickets aren't scalped or they aren't constantly innundated by people wanting to change the names.

I'm not really sure what the best middleground would be, but I don't think people can be surprised that exactly what they were told would happen may be happening and no transfers are allowed.

Sorry, but that doesn't hold any water for me. It was never the policy before that we'd be FORCED to buy two tickets. If they'd said that in advance then I could have arranged for a partner beforehand and it would have been fine. Or if at the very least they'd give you what you paid for (two tickets = two models, etc) whether you physically have a second person with you or not. And in my case, the friend whose name I initially put down bought her own tickets anyway, so surely they could see that it was an honest mistake/miscommunication...I really want to look forward to this event and let myself be excited about it, but if I have to go knowing that I paid twice what everyone else did just because I have friends and family who can't or don't want to take a day off of work to go to a model horse event, well, it certainly won't be nearly as much fun. :sigh

This was a last-minute, unexpected policy change on their part (must buy two tickets) for a FCFS limited event. Heck, if they'd just let me return one of the tickets so the other CC member I'm working with could buy it directly from them--no possibility of scalping--that would be fine too.

jff0610
12-02-2013, 03:06 PM
Too late to edit my last post, but I just looked again at the Terms and Conditions--nowhere does it say that two tickets MUST be bought together. In fact, it outright says (in number 5) "If tickets are purchased as a pair, only one guest needs to be a member of the Collector Club."

It just doesn't make any sense. It looks like I'm going to have to call them back soon...now I'm just really anxious about the whole thing.

PennyL
12-02-2013, 05:07 PM

It just doesn't make sense to me that they are taking such a hard line after they forced us to purchase two tickets. It's not right that someone is out $275 just because of a simple misunderstanding.

Jocelyn
12-02-2013, 05:48 PM
I don't know... it's one thing to not let a person change the name on a ticket, but another thing to deny someone a refund if their second person can't go. I mean, it's not like the ticket can go to anyone else but Breyer if it's forfeited. :dunno

lonesomeglorylover
12-02-2013, 07:29 PM
Wait, so does this mean my Mom can't come? I'll be totally PO'ed with Breyer. It's really messed up of them as no matter what they're making their money. Oh well, guess my mom will have to get a hair cut and convince them that she's a 19 year old male fire fighter. But really, I'm screwed if my Mom can't go. I think I'll explode. I really want to do this with her. :(

I forgot to call Breyer today again but I will set an alarm so I can call them tomorrow. If they tell me know I think I'll scream.

lonesomeglorylover
12-02-2013, 07:35 PM
I checked my email and Kerstin replied and told me that names can not be changed. Well, :wtf am I supposed to do? I can't go alone to something like that, yet my boyfriend can't make it, nor does he want to go as him and I are going to Breyerfest. Very unfair of Breyer to give us such short notice and expect us to make plans that quickly.

Is anyone taking a husband now instead of a girlfriend and needs to switch? Seriously.

jff0610
12-02-2013, 09:36 PM
I checked my email and Kerstin replied and told me that names can not be changed. Well, :wtf am I supposed to do? I can't go alone to something like that, yet my boyfriend can't make it, nor does he want to go as him and I are going to Breyerfest. Very unfair of Breyer to give us such short notice and expect us to make plans that quickly.

This is why I'm really hoping to talk to someone on the phone and explain. I mean, if one person can't have two tickets in her name then how could they not let me change one? I really don't get this. It's not like these are last-minute switches that would mess up plans; we're trying to make the switches as soon as possible...or if they would just let us get a refund for one ticket if that person can't go and then resell those refunded tickets (preferably announcing the date ahead of time so that people actually have time to prepare) it would make everything so much easier--for us and most likely for them as well. And no risk of scalping!

AMG
12-02-2013, 09:57 PM
I was quite surprised that they didn't at least have a wait/will call list. This event is three months in the future: there are going to be cancellations regardless. Stuff happens.

Another option: there could have given ticket buyers room for an alternate guest. Alternate goes if first choice can't, but both guests of the same purchaser can't go together. That way if boyfriend becomes ex-boyfriend, or suddenly someone gets sick or has jury duty, the alternate can step in.

OrigamiGirl
12-02-2013, 10:17 PM
This is why I'm really hoping to talk to someone on the phone and explain. I mean, if one person can't have two tickets in her name then how could they not let me change one? I really don't get this. It's not like these are last-minute switches that would mess up plans; we're trying to make the switches as soon as possible...or if they would just let us get a refund for one ticket if that person can't go and then resell those refunded tickets (preferably announcing the date ahead of time so that people actually have time to prepare) it would make everything so much easier--for us and most likely for them as well. And no risk of scalping!

I agree that your situation is unique and that they should let you change the name on the second ticket or refund it.

However, I don't understand why some people believe there was no time to plan and prepare. We know what ticket prices for these events have been in the past; they really haven't fluctuated much. We also knew when and where the event was supposed to happen as well as how much lead time there usually is between ticket sales and the event. The only mild difficulty was finding a buddy to go with and that's what a phone is for so that you are both on the same page. These tickets sold out in a couple of days, not a couple of minutes or hours. There was time to communicate.

As for the show, I hope it is Saturday. Not everyone will have models to show or will want to show; I expect it to be the more local people that decide to transport models with them. Some people have been to the factory before and may be less interested in other activities. For the VRE, we had to choose between painting and sculpting in the afternoon; you couldn't do both. I think it is fine to choose the show versus another activity. As far as time for the show, a minimal class list can be done in half a day or less if the divisions run concurrently. As someone that wants to enter the show, I wouldn't want it to be on the fringes of the weekend (especially Sunday afternoon) because I'm already taking time off to go and need that time to drive home after (~4.5 hours) not to mention that it would leave my non-showing guest with nothing to do.

jkira
12-02-2013, 10:39 PM
I already booked a flight home at 12:45 on Sunday so I'm sure *hoping* there's nothing going on Sunday afternoon... if it's at all like the last two events, they'll probably do the boutique/sales on Sunday morning and that'll be the end of the event.

I'd also bet on the show being Saturday. The show seems like it's in lieu of horse farm tours that they've done at previous events.

Stumbleine
12-02-2013, 10:52 PM
All my plans are working out just fine, and should as long as there is no family emergency, but I definitely feel for those who are having issues and I DON'T think there was time to plan.

All we knew was that there was going to be an event in NJ, around a certain date. The date was actually changed at some point by the asterisk saying that the date was changed/fixed.

There was no indication of when the tickets would go on sale at the time of the image leak online /JAH issue

There was no email warning prior to the tickets going on sale

There was no indication on whether these were first come first serve, or a drawn-at-random, which I think most people assumed it would be a random draw since that's how it normally is

We DIDN'T know how much it was going to be, we could assume but given inflation and that we don't all follow these sort of rare events closely, only more experienced hobbiests would know.

We were only allowed to buy tickets in pairs, which I think was unfair. I think that had to do with the hotel rooms (having the *exact* amount reserved, each bedroom having two beds) but that is REALLY what has put a wrench in the system.

IN HINDSIGHT, there was room to plan, but I for one did REALLY not expect to have this much time to order the tickets before they were sold out. If I had not gotten my mom on the phone, if she was at work and not on break from parent-teacher conferences, I would have just ordered the ticket. I would NOT have waited 4 hours till she was out of work. I did not expect them to even last that long! So if she came back at me and had some Super Secret Teacher Thinger she had to go to that weekend, I'd be with everyone with an extra ticket. And like a lot of people, I would probably be able to find another eager attendee (heck even one of my real-horse-friends who have only a vague idea of my plastic obsession)

I wouldn't think this 'name on the ticket' thing was so silly if tickets were allowed to be bought in singles. Or even if they did have to be bought in pairs but there was a blanket email written being like, "tickets will be available within the week, they are this amount AND YOU NEED TO BUY THEM IN PAIRS. AND **you can't change the name on the ticket.**" .... That's something that really needed to be noted well ahead of time.

:(

I'm still really excited to go though. I still really want the classlist too. Classssss lissssttttttt .... I for one hope it's a normal sized show. Not that I'm not into everything else but that was a big part of the appeal. Other than that I'm really excited to see the NJ factory.

jff0610
12-02-2013, 10:57 PM
I agree that your situation is unique and that they should let you change the name on the second ticket or refund it.

However, I don't understand why some people believe there was no time to plan and prepare. We know what ticket prices for these events have been in the past; they really haven't fluctuated much. We also knew when and where the event was supposed to happen as well as how much lead time there usually is between ticket sales and the event. The only mild difficulty was finding a buddy to go with and that's what a phone is for so that you are both on the same page. These tickets sold out in a couple of days, not a couple of minutes or hours. There was time to communicate.

Thanks...I hope Breyer sees it your way when/if I ever get a call back! :crossfingers

And I would agree with you if they had stated in advance that we'd absolutely have to purchase TWO tickets. They hadn't done that for their previous events, so why would we expect that this time? We didn't know until they went on sale, and that was the root of the problem. And yes it turned out that the tickets did sell out over two days, but (a) we didn't know at the time how long they'd be up and I was so excited to be able to go that I bought the tickets as soon as I saw them come up in case they did sell out quickly and (b) it was right around Thanksgiving, when lots of people aren't on the internet often enough to get plans together that quickly, and I don't know many members' phone numbers here, so I couldn't just start calling random hobbyists and asking if they wanted to split a pair of tickets.

I do wish I'd known that they wouldn't sell out right away; that might actually have given me time to get a partner! But after incidents like the Mother Lode and the vault sale, I didn't want to take a chance on waiting in case the site got messed up like it had before. But of course as they say, hindsight is 20/20...:dunno

ETA: Or I could have just said :yeahthat to Kristen's post above mine had I not taken so long to finish writing this one...:lol

dazyblue
12-02-2013, 11:07 PM

If they refuse and refuse to at least let me have the second Cafe au Lait and chance at SRs so I can try to recoup the cost, then that's basically stealing $275 from me.

So wait, are you all saying that there are people out there who paid $550 for two tickets but are only getting one because their other person can't go, and Breyer is refusing to refund them or give them any of the merchandise associated with the second ticket? Because I don't think they can legally do that. I'm pretty sure there are consumer protection laws that prevent that type of thing. I'm really hoping I'm just misunderstanding here.

onekindacowboy
12-02-2013, 11:20 PM
Yep I don't think that will fly either.....

It is one thing if you bought two and now want out of the deal. It is another when you were forced to buy two tickets.

Stumbleine
12-02-2013, 11:40 PM
So wait, are you all saying that there are people out there who paid $550 for two tickets but are only getting one because their other person can't go, and Breyer is refusing to refund them or give them any of the merchandise associated with the second ticket? Because I don't think they can legally do that. I'm pretty sure there are consumer protection laws that prevent that type of thing. I'm really hoping I'm just misunderstanding here.

Yeah, that's what makes no sense to me too. Regardless of fairness (and we're not just talking about regular PR, these are 200 people who love Breyer enough to spend money on this type of thing, not "my stablemate has a flaw") I would think it would be illegal to not at least honor the ticket for its full value as far as merch. If the ticket no longer counts towards a spot in line for the specials, and the special SR that is built into the ticket price, thennnn....???

Hey, if my mom comes down with the flu or something (or vice verse) she'll be HEARTBROKEN if I can't pick up her model for her!! I also fully expect everyone with two tickets to get double the amount of food at the Medieval Times dinner. Double I say!!! :)

AMG
12-03-2013, 12:52 AM
Iím wondering about the legality of the "must buy two, can only redeem one - no refunds no how" ticket scheme, too. They know all the boutique models will sell regardless; all this does is ensure that all the Event Horses are paid for, whether theyíre distributed or not.

For the record, I originally had no intention of going; the notion of touring the factory had some appeal, especially since the last time I visited it was - quite literally - not much bigger than a broom closet. But I donít have any family members or can-phone-call-in-an-instant friends who could have been my second.

You may all think that I do, but really, I donít.

Shaun mentioned her desire to go, which sort of piqued my interest: The more I thought of it, the more I imagined the two of us "Thelma and Louise"-ing cross country. (For those of you who donít know: Shaun is one of my regular Bfest roommates.) BTW, I had no idea she had been interested in going before she mentioned it here, though.

Unfortunately both of us had commitments that prevented quick communication - in my case, the final straw was the fact that I was charged with cooking Thanksgiving dinner this year. I didnít hear back from her by early Thursday, so I went off to roast and bake things. After everything was finished, I finally retrieved the message from Shaun for the go ahead to buy the tickets, but they were gone.

The opportunity to possibly tag along with Pennyís friend came up, and I thought that way Iíd be able to (a) get Shaun her Cafť au Lait (b) give me the chance to do the tour, and whatever other goodies were to be had could be dickered over later.

I thought my chances were good, because it turned out Pennyís friend was an old acquaintance from the 1980s. But the phone calls were made, and my model horse mojo ran out. So unless something extraordinary happens - and Iím not counting on it - Iím not going.

I hadnít seriously thought about attending initially, and I am not a pro at attending these sort of events. So as for "not being prepared": no, I wasnít. But thereís no need to berate those of us who were not, especially since all of the previous events had given us some time to plan.

PennyL
12-03-2013, 09:00 AM
It is one thing if you bought two and now want out of the deal. It is another when you were forced to buy two tickets.

:exactly

PennyL
12-03-2013, 09:46 AM
OK, here's the fine print taken from Breyer's website...

What bothers me is the wording of the last sentence... "IF tickets are purchased as a pair..." This implies that they were doing single ticket sales but, as we know, the order screen wouldn't allow the quantity to be changed. Was it a website glitch, and they were supposed to allow single ticket purchases?? I mean, they did correct one glitch (the one that allowed the discount code to be used), so is it not possible that the ticket quantity thing was another??

If it was a glitch on Breyer's part, and single ticket sales were supposed to be allowed, then they should honor changes to the guest name since it was their mistake that it was forced upon us.

Just my (not so) humble opinion.

camaro88lover
12-03-2013, 10:17 AM
I could have sworn when I read the fine print, that it did say they had to be purchased in pairs. But I can no longer find the fine print section.