PDA

View Full Version : Breyer Live Show Benefit 2014!

sommerpony
12-16-2013, 08:08 PM
Hello showers and show holders!

I'm getting ready to announce the first quarter approved list for the Breyer sponsored Live shows!

"First Quarter" - what's that??!?!!

Well, last year we had a deadline to apply that was 60 days ahead of time. However, having a constant trickling-in of applications made it kind of difficult for me to manage the plan effectively. For example, I'd approve a few shows, submit to Breyer for them to post on the Web site, and then immediately get another two applications. Which meant I'd be emailing Breyer again, right away, with additions to their Web site and shipping list. Keeping everyone informed and constantly updating the list to make sure it was always current got kind of cumbersome for me to handle with many frequent changes.

So for the sake of sanity, this year, there are four "seasonal" deadlines as follows:

2014 Application deadlines:

Shows held in Jan–Mar: December 15, 2013
Shows held in Apr–Jun: February 15, 2014
Shows held in Jul–Sept: May 15, 2014
Shows held in Oct–Dec: August 15, 2014

If your show is April 5th, you need to have the application to me by February 14. If your show is June 29th, you ALSO need to have it to me by Feb. 15th.

Now do note, on another part of the application it still says "60 days" so this year I won't be a stickler the late June shows apply 60 days ahead of time - HOWEVER - applicants who have applied on time WILL GET PREFERENCE. So you are welcome to submit after the posted deadlines, up to 60 days in advance, but note that if a lot of shows have applied that quarter, the folks who applied within these guidlines will get preference.

If you are holding a show in March and have not sent me application yet, or know of a show holder who is still 60 days out, please tell them to apply NOW.

Here's the application form, you are also welcome to cut and paste the questions and send to me in an email:

http://www.breyerhorses.com/files/imagesBreyer/plugs/uploads2/712116_LiveShow_v2.pdf

sommerpony
12-16-2013, 08:13 PM
*NOTE* *NOTE* *NOTE*

Several show applications have ended up in my "SPAM" folder!

While I did email most folks back to let them know I got their application, I did not email every person back. (Sorry!)

If you want to check with me to make sure I got your application, please feel free to do so. I won't be annoyed!

phatponyfarms
12-18-2013, 04:43 PM
:bump:hide

ArabianLoyal
12-22-2013, 09:18 PM
Second year in a row! Thank you Sommer and Breyer! So happy for our entrants! Woo hoo!

sommerpony
01-14-2014, 02:08 PM
BUMP! It's time to start sending me APRIL - JUNE applications, everyone!

Remember to put the NAME OF YOUR SHOW in the title!

In other words: send me an email that says "Horse Hooves Live 2014" (or whatever your show name is) not "Breyer Live Show Benefit" or "Breyer Application". Last year, I got a zillion applications all with "Breyer" in them. Made it tough to find your show's application in the pile of generic emails, and we don't want that, of course!!

I want a BUNCH of show applications this year! Bring 'em on! Deadline for April - June shows will be Feb. 14.

Thinking of holding a show and applying for the program? Here are hints and tips:

How to get your show approved:

*Have show or judging experience and/or good references.

*Have a good, clear web site that even a first time shower can read and understand.

*Offer a variety of classes, even if your CM or Performance divisions are very small divisions due to lack of judges, time, or space. There is nothing wrong with having one Western, English, and Parade class if that is all your show has room for.

*Make your show FUN. Have a friendly atmosphere. Offer nice rosettes or prizes if you can, or raffles, or games.

Things that may work against your show being approved:

*Many shows in your state/area. If you are in one of the "hobby hot spots" you may be competing with other shows. I've noticed "clusters" of shows in certain cities or areas. Last year, for example, I recieved three applications for one area, and four applications from another area, that were all one hour or less apart. America is HUGE and of course this program is to encourage kids/newbies to either start showing, or for adults who have fallen out of the hobby for a while, encourage them to dust the models off and try it again. Most parents don't want to drive their kids more than one or two hours away for a model horse show.

Some really GREAT shows will not be approved for this reason only. :sad If your show is not approved please don't be offended.

*Cannot be "specialty" show like minis-only, chinas-only, or certain breeds only, etc. Only exception: All-Halter shows are OK, but all-halter is going to be the "last resort" choice. It is OK for areas that might not have enough showers to support other divisions. So if you are holding an all-halter show in a new area, hoping to get a hobby scene going there, it's much more likely to be approved than an all-halter show in an active area with lots of "all around" shows to choose from.

*Lack of experience or references. If you are a first-time show holder with zero hobby references, it is highly unlikely that I will approve the application. Many of the Breyer sponsored shows have been sell outs and that kind of response can be overwhelming, even for a seasoned show holder. However, if you hold your first show, take lots of pictures for your web site, and get contact info from people who enter to use as references the next year! If your first show goes well, and I get positive feedback from showers, if the program continues, lack of experience will never be a problem again. :)

The exception: The "new area" example as above. If there are no other shows held in your state, then there is no way for you to have volunteered at a previous show or gathered references, so this will be taken into consideration.

PS. Just because a show was picked last year does not mean it is automatically renewed this year. I might mix things up and award to new shows in areas with several to pick from. Or, if a show seemed to be very popular the previous year, it may be chosen again this year. In other words, I want to mix it up, so it could go either way in your area.

If you live in an area and want to recommend a show you love, please email me at : sommer-p@msn.com to let me know which is your favorite show, and why! Be sure to nag the show holder, too, and make sure she gets an application to me.

PPS. Whether your show offers a kid's division or is a benefit for a charity has zero influence on whether your show is approved or not. These things do not count either way for this program.

I am looking for FUN shows above all else. :noisemaker :pompom :dancealot

DragonWing
01-15-2014, 04:19 PM
Thank you so much for this program. :D

HockeyCheer
02-12-2014, 12:50 PM
Aw, too late for me to apply for my show, I think. This is the first time I saw a post :( Good luck all! :) Love this program.

sommerpony
02-15-2014, 12:01 PM
Aw, too late for me to apply for my show, I think. This is the first time I saw a post :( Good luck all! :) Love this program.

Well, gosh darn it, I would have approved your show, too. Don't forget to apply next year, if the program continues!

A good reminder to any showers reading this: TELL YOUR LOCAL SHOW HOLDER. Make sure they know about the Breyer program & get the application in on time. :)

Show holders have a ton of things to worry about and it's easy to miss things! So don't assume they know about the program and will apply, OK? Double check, just in case. We had a few nice shows miss out last year because of the deadline and it's a real bummer when that happens.

HockeyCheer
02-19-2014, 08:41 PM
Thank you, Sommer! I will keep an eye out for next year, and will spread along the word!

sommerpony
02-24-2014, 08:40 AM
BUMP!

Making sure folks know these upcoming MARCH shows are now approved:

March 1, 2014
Central Alabama Live Model Horse Show
http://222047746381441809.weebly.com/
NOTES: This show will feature a Kids/Novice division.

March 8, 2014
Carolina Gold Classic
Monroe, NC
http://carolinagoldclassiclive.webs.com/

March 15, 2014
Model Horse Mania
Nicholasville, KY
http://modelhorsemania2011.yolasite.com/

March 22-23
Mid Atlantic Regional
Sudlersville, MD
http://mar2014.weebly.com/

March 29, 2014
Dream Acres Live
Parkersburg, IA
http://dreamacreslive.weebly.com/

squick912
03-12-2014, 09:57 AM
Here's the application form, you are also welcome to cut and paste the questions and send to me in an email:

http://www.breyerhorses.com/files/imagesBreyer/plugs/uploads2/712116_LiveShow_v2.pdf

The link doesn't work! I tried going through the Breyer web site & the link doesn't work either. My show is in October but I wanted to get my application in. Thanks!!

sommerpony
03-15-2014, 10:31 AM
Will check with Breyer about getting that fixed!