PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone ordered from Golden Oak Stables before?

maddie1524
02-12-2014, 01:31 AM
I'm looking for a new online Breyer vendor (I usually use H&H but their customer service has been on the decline lately), and found Golden Oak Stables during my Google searching. I was intrigued by their good RR prices, free shipping offer, and Collector's Club discount. Has anyone dealt with them before? Is their Collector's Club easy to use? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
Madeline Caron

VWK'sanEasyGoer
02-12-2014, 05:46 AM
I've ordered from them many many times. They were always the "other one" next to H&H. Their prices are very competative on RR's (often both they and H&H will be within a couple bucks of each other) and their customer service is second to none. Plus the free shipping, you can't go wrong! I just got an order two days ago - the little dog house set for my daughter and of course I had to order something, so I got GVF Sjokolade. Haven't had a chance to post a pic of him yet. The reason I did go with them for this order and not H&H was because for some reason the dog house set was twice the price so they got my business.

I think their collector club is good if you order that many horses. I just never did so I've never joined. I wouldn't have any doubts about ordering from them at all.

freakofnature
02-12-2014, 07:48 AM
Golden Oak is my go-to online dealer for current Breyers. Their prices are competitive and if I have a question about something I've always gotten a prompt response. They ship fast too.

Northern Lone Ranger
02-12-2014, 08:48 AM
I'm looking for a new online Breyer vendor (I usually use H&H but their customer service has been on the decline lately), and found Golden Oak Stables during my Google searching. I was intrigued by their good RR prices, free shipping offer, and Collector's Club discount. Has anyone dealt with them before? Is their Collector's Club easy to use? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
Madeline Caron

I actually love Rebecca Jann / The Play Room http://www.theplayroomlex.com/

Her prices are great and she's a sweetheart to do business with! She keeps me informed on my current orders, the Breyers are always the best and she takes trade ins! Also she's a hobby person so I trust her.

I wouldn't buy any where else!

I haven't purchased from Golden Oaks but was treated badly a few years ago when I was asked to judge at one of their shows. I won't go into details but I won't give them any of my hobby dollars!

Lindy P

Katie89
02-12-2014, 11:55 AM
I've ordered from Golden Oak a couple times. I generally do not buy the new runs from them, I generally buy more "retired" stuff from them. I always receive a prompt response to my questions and shipping was fast. They just changed their collector club this month (it used to be 5% off listed prices no matter what "level." and it was an extra "perk"). It was easy to "sign up" and use. But I can't speak to this "new" program they have, but I assume it will be about the same. I haven't purchased from them yet this year so I can't sign up for it yet.

I've also had dealings with the Playroom out of Kentucky. Rebecca is very nice and I have ordered from them once or twice. Fast shipping and good prices there too.

Camillion
02-12-2014, 12:23 PM
My grandma bought a Cigar from Golden Oak, fast shipping and a good price. I'd recommend them.
the Playroom is my go-to dealer and is a joy to buy from! I just got a lovely Nutcracker and Moniet last week.

PixelPerfectStables
02-12-2014, 09:33 PM
I really like the Playroom! I do buy from Golden Oaks sometimes (usually when I'm there for shows). I find their current models to be competitively priced, but their retired models are often more expensive than the average selling price on MH$P or eBay. I see that a lot with dealers, not sure why. If you've got old stock, why raise the prices if you want to get rid of it?

indigoleo
02-13-2014, 01:37 AM
I have bought several models from Golden Oaks before and have had wonderful service. One time, one of the models I wanted was sold out and they weren't going to get anymore. I got to talk to a real, live human being on the phone (a rarity these days) and was offered a return of my money or another model. I actually got my Bet Yer Blue Boons as a replacement model a month or two before her official release I do believe.

Jocelyn
02-13-2014, 08:39 AM
I really like the Playroom! I do buy from Golden Oaks sometimes (usually when I'm there for shows). I find their current models to be competitively priced, but their retired models are often more expensive than the average selling price on MH$P or eBay. I see that a lot with dealers, not sure why. If you've got old stock, why raise the prices if you want to get rid of it?

:yeahthat
I mostly buy from the Playroom these days if I'm ordering online, but I've bought from Golden Oaks many times in person at shows and they've been great to work with. Yeah, their prices for retired items are pretty exorbitant, but that's pretty much the norm nowadays for whatever reason.

tigzz
02-15-2014, 11:44 PM
I switched to them after a "break up" with H&H... Loved dealing with them, the customer service was super nice!