PDA

View Full Version : Introducing a big new resin! :D

Morgen
03-09-2014, 12:09 PM
First big resin for me in a while and he's hard not to notice!
http://www.artbymorgen.com/galleries/quartermeister/painted/smallDSC_0556.jpg
Soooo I call him Qman for a barn name, but his fancy 'show' name is Quartermeister! I've shared him in the "Not Duke" thread here but I think that's it? Anyhow, here's his sale page and all the information! :)
http://www.artbymorgen.com/quartermeister.htm
http://www.artbymorgen.com/galleries/quartermeister/painted/Painted_Quartermeister/album/slides/eDSC_0556.jpg

RivnRo
03-09-2014, 12:14 PM
<3

tibbi
03-09-2014, 12:20 PM
What a lovely face.

airen
03-09-2014, 12:34 PM
Those skin wrinkles! :thud

texxdog
03-09-2014, 01:26 PM
Major love!

T-Whinny Gal
03-09-2014, 02:03 PM
So lifelike - makes me want to reach out and pet him!

Morgen
03-09-2014, 04:16 PM
Thank you guys! I've actually got a couple more coats of oils to put on that one.. but in strong light (there it was flash & another time it was right next to my painting lights.. which I probably need to make less strong - lol!).. it shows the extend of contrast. In dark light he's a little flat still in color. We'll see how much more I can bump it but it shows the surface detail well I think. Blah blah, THANK YOU ladies! :) & I have to say that it's oddly a relief to me that he's been so well/eagerly received by my German customers! (Being a representative of a breed of that type). I always hold my breath about how those most familiar with that type will react. Many orders though so I think it's a thumbs up. I just posted that on FB but truly is a relief.

I said as much on my yahoolist but I hope to be taking orders at Breyerfest this year too so this is in part why I left the edition open for so long. However it's unlikely I'll have many or any to sell in-person there it's looking like. We'll see. I just won't be selling in person if the paid in full orders aren't all shipped out first. I just always get flack about not leaving my editions open long enough so we'll give it a shot this time! :)

Shaheen
03-09-2014, 05:02 PM
Oh wow, so gorgeous! :thud

Equus of Antiquity
03-09-2014, 05:57 PM
:adore

sagadbois
03-09-2014, 09:00 PM
Love this guy will have to get him on the extended payments plan. You didn't describe how those work, will it be like Sarah Rose very generous payment plan but limited to a year ?

Morgen
03-10-2014, 07:54 AM
First, thank you so much gals! :hugg

Next to sagadbois -> good point! I've gotten several good questions about using discounts too so in a few days I hope to look into/revise some things there! Like Sarah (and many others) I have a pretty loose payment plan.. unlike a few, I order my horses from the caster when they are ordered sooooo if people take too long I'm left swimming in ponies! I've been setting cut off dates on time payments for a long time now, almost since the beginning. When I lived in the trailer & had zero extra living space it was really critical for me to stay on top of those & I actually emailed people after the deadlines came & went. Generally though I don't like to have to do that, I only do so when I'm looking at what to do with the ponies. It's bad karma imo for me to just say "oh well, default" without trying to contact people as many ways as I can think of first to see if they just need a bit more time. I truly think most of them were just forgotten ponies. I know when I purchase things I often forget I've done so! :D Granted I don't have a lot of experience doing many time payments but I guess if it was a common thing you might forget those more easily too. Anyhow, so that's my reasonings/why's & such. Have to prevent overpopulation & crowding in my corrals! ;)

Blakhlee
03-10-2014, 08:16 AM
Another one I need!! :randommil

micamoney
03-10-2014, 09:42 AM
:grabby If I collected resins, this guy would definitely be mine. :adore

4ever_Unbridled
03-10-2014, 02:38 PM
So gorgeous Morgen!:adore

MBPearls
03-10-2014, 07:25 PM
Definitely buying this guy... just figuring out where to budget him into the mix. LOVE HIM!

Morgen
03-11-2014, 08:58 AM
Dayle, time payments are just a fact of life, eh? lol! I do have to say the subscription thing is very nice. I was considering doing an 12 month version. My initial fear was about being so far under cost with the first couple of payments, that it would be several months before I could even order these from the caster.. but I don't know. That's just not such a problem really. Do you Dayle or anyone think that a $24.50/mo payment plan would be worthwhile to introduce? I don't think I'd offend many people, I've had a surprising # of paid in full already. And the subscriptions already started could be canceled and restarted. hmmm... anyone? anyone? I've got a ton of ponies to get out here so it won't be for a bit. Next few days are about packing & shipping over here..

Morgen
03-11-2014, 09:02 AM
Ack I'm so rude - also meant to add another thank you to everyone! :)

Morganlover53
03-11-2014, 07:13 PM
wHAT AN IMPRESSIVE HORSE!

Midiko_Inari
03-12-2014, 11:19 AM
*face of SHAME*

... Totally just ordered one. Dinky Duke and Bitty Bosco needed a big brother! :hearts :grabby

He is STUNNING, Morgen. STUNNING. :hugg