PDA

View Full Version : Laura Skillern (Two Fishies) is Moving to Texas

Two Fishies
04-10-2014, 03:44 PM
Long story short, my BF was offered a great new job in San Antonio, and I'm going with him.

The next 2-3 weeks are going to be a little crazed.

I will be coming down to Expo, albeit probably in a half-assed form. I'll have some models for a sale and a lot of stuff that's just FREE because I don't want to move it.

I have some active trade and commission stuff which is either being worked on now with the hopes to finish before I move, or it'll be packed on the very top so I can restart when we land.

We are going down a bit blind at this point. We've both been to San Antonio a number of times (I'm from Austin; he's from Robert Lee, TX) but we are pretty much picking out apartments and a new barn from pictures on the internet. Eek.

If anyone has a connections/recommendations for barns in the SA area, I would be deeply grateful for info. :)

CuttingHorse
04-10-2014, 03:48 PM
Welcome to Texas!!!!

I'm sadly no help with barns(I'm closer to Houston), but good luck!:)

cheseri
04-10-2014, 03:48 PM
:woohoo :woohoo :woohoo :woohoo

micamoney
04-10-2014, 04:02 PM
TEXAS! :woohoo San Antonio is a beautiful city with quite a few things to do and see. I love going there, although I rarely do because it's too long of a drive.

San Antonio residents can be a bit weird, though, I should warn you. ;)

I'm another Houston girl, so I'm of no help in regard to barns. But I wish you much luck and welcome to Texas! :hugehug

ShoestringStable
04-10-2014, 05:56 PM
I'm happy for you, but sad for me! You'll be missed.

Also... dibs on all your free stablemates :grabby :toothy

Choice
04-10-2014, 06:08 PM
As far as barns in the area go...
Hidden Springs is not exactly in the center of town (in converse), but not too far a drive, and great people there! I think they still allow outside boarding, don't remember the rates.

I don't recommend the stables behind Retama (can't remember the name) my trainer was there for a time and I did not like their arenas or the people there. It is cheaper though. But it was awhile ago, and it could have gotten better since then.

You do gaming though right? I think the Retama barn may be more friendly towards that. Not sure about the other.
Those are the only places I've been, but hopefully that helps!

Two Fishies
04-11-2014, 06:53 PM
As far as barns in the area go...
Hidden Springs is not exactly in the center of town (in converse), but not too far a drive, and great people there! I think they still allow outside boarding, don't remember the rates.

I don't recommend the stables behind Retama (can't remember the name) my trainer was there for a time and I did not like their arenas or the people there. It is cheaper though. But it was awhile ago, and it could have gotten better since then.

You do gaming though right? I think the Retama barn may be more friendly towards that. Not sure about the other.
Those are the only places I've been, but hopefully that helps!
I stumbled across Hidden Springs today and the guy on the phone was great. I like that they are a very all around barn while very rodeo leaning.

Intothesunstudio
04-12-2014, 09:11 AM
Good luck with your move, Laura! Hope everything does smoothly for you and your BF and moving your horse.

Epona142
04-12-2014, 09:33 AM
Good luck with your move and glad to have you in Texas! Texans rock! :D

cheseri
04-22-2014, 03:16 PM
Laura left for Texas this morning! :drive

micamoney
04-22-2014, 03:22 PM
:woohoo