PDA

View Full Version : Attn to my email subscribers w/free email accounts (hotmail, yahoo, gmail, msn, etc)

Morgen
04-30-2014, 11:45 AM
So I've only just learned that more than 3/4 of my last 2 emails from my newsletter mail service bounced... so you probably didn't get the memo on Mindy's Qman.. or that I'll be selling my bay fellow at Breyerfest.. (or that I'll be there even!) :D

ANYHOW, that's not the point, the point is that I'll be sending out an invite to subscribe to a new service in a day or so when I investigate the options out there. Mailchimp is coming very highly recommended across the board by everyone. It's what Lynn Fraley uses as well.

In any case. It wasn't personal & I'm very sorry to leave news out for anyone. Truly annoyed! They were doing so well before that.. Anyhow, just a heads up about the invites coming your way! :)

RobinHoodFan
04-30-2014, 12:18 PM
I've also used mailchimp for my pet store. I love it.

SeaWatch
04-30-2014, 12:46 PM
I use Yahoo for your email communications, and I got it. :yes

Morgen
04-30-2014, 03:09 PM
Good to know there's nothing with yahoo too Mindy! :) No this was just Benchmark email (a newsletter service similar to constant contact) ... they told me today that the problem was email accounts from yahoo (mine was being sent "on behalf of artbymorgen@yahoo.com" from them & their crazy email name below) & other free services are now getting blocked if they go out in large #s (hundreds like you'd do from a newsletter service). So their (grrr!) service essentially wasn't doing anything I couldn't do with a blind cc of everyone. The big issue I have with them is that the service didn't give me some sort of alert either that my April 8th email got rejected by 3/4 of the recipients.. and then I blindly sent yesterday's out.. so my artbymorgen@yahoo.com email may be useless for a while having been labeled a spammer account.

The fact that they knew this is exceptionally annoying in addition to the issue. It was easy enough for me to set up an "@kilbournstudios.com" email today.. but I don't want to use their service again either because in the last 2 months their emails went from listing the sender as "artbymorgen@bmsend.com" to these crazy long variations "artbymorgen@mr37.mr.bmdeda99.com" ... totally likely also to get swooped into spam filters if they didn't bounce first. I'm moving to mailchimp I think. I also will NOT get rid of yahoogroups until the bitter end. Just fyi to anyone thinking it's outdated. It still works. I get everything on digest but this way I don't have to log in & pretty much stay "informed" if a day late.. but for sales I try to give a day's heads up for that reason too. I'm so glad people still get yahoo group notices! :)