PDA

View Full Version : Prototype for New Trad Arab Hunter

Sunshine
08-11-2004, 09:37 PM
I wanted to share photos of the new prototype of the Dressage/Hunter Arabian Stallion which I have been working on. He is very rough still, but I wanted to get some feedback to see if this is a sculpture Arab enthusiasts might like. He is different than anything I've done to this point. I gave him a French roll mane and braided tail with button. We are still having trouble photographing white resins, so there are shadows which do not show all of the horse in the photos. His barrel comes down further than the photos indicate, but the shadow makes it look thinner. So sorry!

Debbi :)

http://horsemodels.com/IMGP0502.jpg

http://horsemodels.com/IMGP0503.jpg
Please note: The above photo has cropped off the front left hoof.
http://horsemodels.com/IMGP0504.jpg
Please note: The front left hoof is cropped out of the photo.
http://horsemodels.com/IMGP0505.jpg

BearsnBugs
08-11-2004, 09:42 PM
I would definately be interested in such a thing. I prefer more of the sport horse type arab over the park/halter arab. Very nice!

Tina

plasminojen
08-11-2004, 09:47 PM
Very nice! If you do make him in traditional size, I for sure will buy one!

AnnArrogance
08-11-2004, 10:15 PM
WOW! Count me in-- he is too cool! I LOVE his braids! He will be awesome in Traditional size!

limerancetrace
08-11-2004, 10:43 PM
Another droool-iscious pony!
:wow

My bank account is really ganna suffer. :lol

Arabian Princess
08-12-2004, 08:44 AM
he looks just like my dressage arab!! I would TRY to scrounge up enough for THIS guy, count me in!!

Erin
08-12-2004, 09:06 AM
DEBBI!! He looks just *awesome*, I'd buy at least one of him in trad sized!!!

You're right on with the braids, too!

I'm so excited about him!!

ryllina
08-12-2004, 04:22 PM
:drool

Very pretty!

Sunshine
08-12-2004, 07:14 PM
I'm looking for a name for this guy in the Trad size resin. I found this Arabic word which I thought might work since it pertains to music. What do you think?

Beledi (Baladi) - In Arabic, "my country." In the US, it is used to denote a rhythm that is in 4/4 time, with accents on the first two eighth notes and the third beat. In Arabic countries, this beat is known as Masmoudi Sagheer, or "Little Masmoudi." Overall, this is the most popular rhythm in the Middle East.

I would call him Baladi, Laddie for short.

Graciela
08-12-2004, 08:51 PM
I ADORE him. He's very sharp and classy, and I much prefer the sporty Arabs like him. VERY nice!! :clap

I'm now majorly jealous of Erin, getting one in SM size!! (I can't possibly afford Trad. :grin) :lol

AnnArrogance
08-12-2004, 08:59 PM
LOVE the name! It really suits him! And it's so pretty!

lonesome_glory_2007
08-12-2004, 09:00 PM
I think he's BEAUTIFUL! I can't wait to see what he'll look like painted!:drool I love the name too. This horse will definately be one that Arab people will love! :grin

Elyssar
08-12-2004, 09:49 PM
Wow, I really, really like him...and I told myself I had enough Arab resins. He's too cute, and looks very versatile. It's nice to see a sporty arab strutting his stuff.

Manda
08-12-2004, 10:06 PM
WOW! I will definately be purchasing one if you do a traditional! :adore

BeezerMom
08-12-2004, 10:29 PM
Wonderful Arab! I would get him in any scale! Ohh the color possibilities...

Ponypainter
08-13-2004, 02:11 PM
He looks fantastic! Can't wait to see him finished :)

I will definately be buying one :cheer

Tracy

Magnolia Ice
08-13-2004, 08:24 PM
Very Pretty! :thumbsup

eyes_05
08-13-2004, 11:49 PM
wow wow wow...........he is just awesome.......i love arabs and i would love to get one in trad size.......wow even the name is as beautiful as the horse. nice job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

th72
08-14-2004, 12:07 AM
WOW! he is VERY NICE!!!!

--tara

Sunshine
08-17-2004, 02:53 PM
I'm back from my working vacation in Canada. I spent a few days with a friend in BC at her house. We had already decided to CM one of her resins (which took a tumble off the shelf while we were at BF), so we took a look through some of the new AHW magazines for inspiration. We did find a beautiful photo of a Polish Arab named Ecaho coming up to a mare, but I also spotted the photo below to use for Baladi. He is one of Sigi Constanti's stallions from Om el Arab. His name is Om el Shamaan and he was just what I was looking for to use for Baladi. I will be making a few changes on the prototype to look more like this guy. I hope you all approve of this stallion for inspiration.

http://www.horsemodels.com/horse.jpg

Graciela
08-17-2004, 03:03 PM
WOW, that guy is PERFECT for Baladi! He is STUNNING. I'm not a real Arab person here, but he has one of the prettiest profiles I've ever seen on a horse. Great job finding that pic, Debbi! I can't wait to see how Baladi turns out now...!

KatieMcc421
08-17-2004, 04:59 PM
Not only does he look AMAZING, but there doesn't seem to be anything else out there like him (don't quote me on that!). You'd have the market cornered with this guy. If I had the cash, I'd steal one up!

-Katie

AnnArrogance
08-17-2004, 06:50 PM
Stunning! I love his face-- he's so handsome! Baladi is going to ROCK!

Erin
08-17-2004, 10:02 PM
YAY! I love that horse... I can't wait to have the little dude, and a big one to match! :cheer :cheer

Geschirr
08-18-2004, 04:15 AM
just great!!!!

merf
08-21-2004, 04:43 PM
I'm looking for a name for this guy in the Trad size resin. I found this Arabic word which I thought might work since it pertains to music. What do you think?

Beledi (Baladi) - In Arabic, "my country." In the US, it is used to denote a rhythm that is in 4/4 time, with accents on the first two eighth notes and the third beat. In Arabic countries, this beat is known as Masmoudi Sagheer, or "Little Masmoudi." Overall, this is the most popular rhythm in the Middle East.

I would call him Baladi, Laddie for short.

in my belly dance classes we do a beledi zil pattern and its probably my fav...the one we do is 123-1-123-1-123 repated
i cant see the pics though hmmmm

Sunshine
08-21-2004, 06:14 PM
Since the photos were taking up too much bandwidth, we added them to a gallery just for Baladi. You can see new photos of him in the link below:

http://www.horsemodels.com/gallery/showgallery.php/cat/537

eclipsesalukis
09-01-2004, 10:37 PM
Another Arab collector here. I get on here so seldom, and now that I have I missed the photos of this boy. Could someone post them again, or send them to me? I'm always looking for Arab resins. That's why I'm always broke.

eclipsesalukis
09-01-2004, 10:43 PM
Ooops, never mind. I did find the pics. Thanks anyway. And yes, I DID see this boy before. If he gets released, I'll definitely be buying one.

th72
09-02-2004, 08:46 PM
he is VERY pretty....

eyes_05
09-04-2004, 11:25 AM
oh my god he is just gorgouses, well please let me know if he is released and the price he will be my first resin............!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

eclipsesalukis
09-04-2004, 07:45 PM
Yes, I definitely want one. I'll add him to my Ultimate Star, Echo and Jinni and Alzubra. Hopefully I'll be able to grab a Mirage, Polaris as well. And I REALLY want a Stepping Out!!!!!!!