PDA

View Full Version : See you in Toronto on October 5th: Small Horse, Big City Live!

Raventyde
07-28-2014, 09:42 PM
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e56/raventyde/Stuff/AutumnLive.jpg (http://harvestdream.wix.com/autumnlive)
:woohoo

Toronto's Autumn Live: Small Horse, Big City
~ October 5th, 2014 ~ NAN-Approved ~

Hello, everyone - and welcome to Toronto's FIRST DOWNTOWN show!

Things you can expect from Autumn Live:
- completely accessible by public transit
- many familiar faces & new friends to meet!
- plenty of classes & support especially for our newest showers <3
- top-notch competition from our seasoned pros
- tonnes of beautiful horses to drool over...
- lots and lots of FUN!!! :woohoo

Things you should NOT expect from Autumn Live:
- the show being crashed in anyway by Mayor Ford. We promise. *crosses heart*

Spaces are limited, so if you are planning to come please pm or email us to reserving your spot; we are currently set up to accommodate 20 showers. Being near the downtown, we are very easy to access by public transit and car, making this one of the more accessible shows in later years!

You can also keep up with us on Facebook on the Toronto Live (https://www.facebook.com/groups/742007372506616/) page which follows all shows in the GTA and surrounding area. (If there's enough traffic, we start our own page, so not to clutter things too much!)

We are still looking for Judges. Interested? Please PM or Email us :)
We are also accepting SHOW DONATIONS - thank you for helping out!

And, since Thanksgiving is just around the corner - we will be hosting a FOOD DRIVE of non-perishable food items for a local food bank at the show. So come on down, bring your horses and thanksgiving spirit - and help us fill the basket this festive season :adore

Any questions? Ask away! Hope to see you all there! :randommil

Neena Bickram,
Your Show Hostess

Schnauzer
07-29-2014, 10:03 AM
Oh wow! I wish wish wish I could go to your show. Toronto is one of my very favorite cities to visit. I hope you have a great turnout and I know everyone will have a wonderful time.
Best wishes, Ann

VWK'sanEasyGoer
07-29-2014, 02:17 PM
Now this sounds like something I can get to. Not to show (at this time), just to check it ut but getting into TO is a lot easier and my Breyer buddy lives downtown so it's very easy for her. But one thing, why can't Rob Ford be there? He's always good for unexpected antics AND it's just before the election. Maybe he'll show up in a horsy costume or something (but not drinking, he's been to rehab.....)

Nanaki
07-29-2014, 03:06 PM
I hope I can get to this one! I'm having surgery September 9th though, so I may need to enlist my mother for some help =3

SmallTownDreams
07-29-2014, 03:22 PM
I'm most definitely in if there is room!

tigzz
07-29-2014, 08:49 PM
:woohoo:woohoo:woohoo
Can't wait to see everyone again!!!

What a perfect location: that's a 15 min bus ride from my place :D

Raventyde
07-30-2014, 09:56 AM
But one thing, why can't Rob Ford be there? He's always good for unexpected antics AND it's just before the election. Maybe he'll show up in a horsy costume or something (but not drinking, he's been to rehab.....)

To be completely honest... I desperately want to get a picture of him holding a model >.> See, I'll be taking a model around the city for some fun promo pics, and City Hall is on the list anyways.... and since he's campaigning and fairly approachable these days... maybe.....? :haha

Either way, I think it will be lots of fun and we look forward to seeing everyone - even if you're just dropping in to say "Hi!" :grin

*excited flailing* :woohoo

Neena ~

SmallTownDreams
08-01-2014, 12:34 PM
I wanted to add that if anyone located between St. Catharines and Toronto along the QEW to Lakeshore route is in need of a ride to and from the show, I would be more than happy to provide transportation!

VWK'sanEasyGoer
08-01-2014, 02:54 PM
To be completely honest... I desperately want to get a picture of him holding a model >.> See, I'll be taking a model around the city for some fun promo pics, and City Hall is on the list anyways.... and since he's campaigning and fairly approachable these days... maybe.....? :haha

Either way, I think it will be lots of fun and we look forward to seeing everyone - even if you're just dropping in to say "Hi!" :grin

*excited flailing* :woohoo

Neena ~

OMG that would be AMAZINGLY funny if you got a pic like that!!

I can't see a reason not to go. Last show a work emergency came up so had to scratch my plans. Can't see it happening again (I hope I hope I hope). I haven't been to downtown TO in ages. Before I had the little humans, I think I was preggers maybe, and we went to the CN Tower. That's like 2011.

sodapoppers
08-02-2014, 02:51 PM
I'm excited to go!! VK I hope you can make it - would love to meet you :D

Raventyde
08-16-2014, 03:09 PM
Hello everybody!!

I hope everyone has been having a great summer, and is looking forward to showing in Toronto this fall!

If you haven't already visited the website, updates will be happening this week & will continue as we get closer and closer to the day! Also we've created a mailing list to update you all with the latest info and to ask & answer any questions you might have about the show. Please PM me if you would like to be added to the mailing list.

http://harvestdream.wix.com/autumnlive

First up, we are ready to start processing entries! The cost is $50 per person, which includes the full show and a 6ft table to set up on. Payment is due by September 15th and can be accepted by Paypal or e-transfer, money order & certified cheque.

Address for paypal & e-transfers: ladywhimsy @ excite.com (remove spaces)

If there is any concern about payment timing, please let me know right away so not to loose your spot. Once the show is sold out, we will open a wait-list if necessary in the case that spaces become available.

Our date again is Sunday, October 5th at the Matty Eckler Community Centre. The show hall will open at 8:15 to allow time to set up. We located in the Assembly Room upstairs, and an elevator is available; a few carts will be provided to help with load in. Loading can be done either from Pape Avenue, or the small loading area off of Gerrard. Parking is across the street in the mall parking lot. If you have mobility issues and might need assistance, please let us know in advance so we can accommodate you.

Please also remember this is a nut-free show, so take care with what you pack for snacks & lunches.

We are now accepting donations for raffles prizes, and hope to get that info up on the site very soon. There will be some neat stuff! We are also still seeking judges for a few key areas, too.

If you have any questions at all, don't hesitate to ask! I am back from my business trip now & available full-time to answer queries.

And YES - we are very novice-friendly show, and will have helpers on hand to answer any questions our newest showers may have throughout the day :)

Looking forward to seeing you all in October - come join us for the fun, maybe win some ribbons & NAN cards, and enjoy the day with your fellow Toronto hobbyists!

See you there!

Neena Bickram,
Show Host ~

Raventyde
08-26-2014, 12:13 AM
Hey everyone,

A fellow hobbyist is looking to have a little informal get-together around the 14 of September in the Toronto area; once the date is finalized I'll post more info in the Arena. They are currently looking to see what might interest people as topics of discussion for the meet-up. The last one was held in March, and covered a range of topics including Breyerfest, an intro-to-showing seminar, and a brief materials & repair demo. If there are specific interests, they are happy to try and cater to them!

I will definitely plan to attend, so, if anyone wants to know anything more specifically about the show or showing in general, I'll be there to answer questions. I can also take payments in person that day too if that's easier for people as well.

Again, I'll keep you all posted :D

Neena ~

VWK'sanEasyGoer
08-26-2014, 07:24 AM
I was all worried for a minute because we made plans to go away in Oct but it's after that, whew. I would like to attend the get together on Sept 14th. As a never-shower I'd be interested in any kind of info and networking with fellow collectors. :talk I'd also like to put some faces to Avatars!

Now I have to ask, is there going to be any kind of "swap meet" in Sept? :hubba

Raventyde
08-26-2014, 09:04 PM
I am more that positive a swap meet can be arranged! :yes

VWK'sanEasyGoer
09-05-2014, 08:28 AM
So some poopie and not so poopie news. I cannot go to the Sept 14th meeting as the Mr will be away for work so I've gotta watch the little humans :( Kinda sucks as I really wanted to go to this. What can you do, it's a busy month for work (grumble grumble grumble).

Good news is he's here on Oct 05 so I can come to the show itself. Whew! He feels really bad and actually said today he really wants me to go to this so it looks like short of an emergency all will be well.

jettabar99
09-05-2014, 08:39 AM
I am REALLY looking forward to a local show that I can show in! Thanks SO SO SO VERY much Neena

Raventyde
09-08-2014, 11:01 PM
Hello everyone!

http://www.breyerhorses.com/files/imagesBreyer/product/280/2014_Live_Show_Benefit_Info.cat2h.1.jpg

I've be just swamped with work the last few days, but I have a wonderful announcement to make - Toronto's Autumn Live is now a BREYER BENEFIT SHOW - which means the lovely Lioness will be gracing our presence at the October Show (and will get to tag along home with a lucky someone too!) I figured you would all be every bit as excited as I am! :randommil :party :woohoo

Hopefully after tomorrow I'll have a day's breather so I can get down to answering questions & sending out a mailer to further share the news :)

I'm definitely excited for October - how about you? :grin

Neena ~

VWK'sanEasyGoer
09-09-2014, 07:12 AM
:clap

Raventyde
09-14-2014, 10:41 PM
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e56/raventyde/Stuff/AutumnLive.jpg

Hello everybody!

It's just three more weeks until showtime and I hope you're all as excited as I am!

I will be sending out a small mailer each week until show day to keep everyone in the loop, and share any important information & updates as we get closer to the date :) (If you're not on the mailing list and would like to be added, please pm me!)

First up - as you may have heard, we are now an official Breyer Benefit Show, which means the beautiful limited edition model Lionesse will be at the show... to be won by one lucky shower before the day is through :D

We would also like to thank everyone who has donated to our raffles and gift baskets; we will have lots of goodies in our paid raffles including MIB Breyers, resins, books, many of lovely horsey odds & ends and gift baskets.

Don't forget that Thanksgiving is right around the corner too, and our special Fall Harvest Raffle will be collecting donations of non-perishable goods for a local Toronto Food Bank right at the show.

So, remember to check the couch for spare change & help support your local hobby community!

:largehorn :turkey

As of tonight, there are only about 5 spaces left in the show, so if you haven't paid your entry fee already, that should be done to keep your spot. Waiting list spots cannot be held after September 15th, and space is available on a first-come, first-served basis.

(Please note - the website might not be instantly up-to-date, if you don't see your name on the paid list, don't panic! I have you registered)

Always, if you have any questions about the show - please ask away! The show helpers and I are all here to help you have as wonderful a day and showing experience as you can.

Whether you're a brand new shower or have been to Breyerfest and back for years, I know we'll all have a great day on October 5th - can't wait see you then!

Neena ~
Show Host, Toronto's Autumn Live

http://www.clipartandcrafts.com/clipart/borders/images/fall-leaf-border-h.jpg

Raventyde
09-30-2014, 12:08 AM
Hello everyone!

I hope everyone is doing well; a touch of the flu kept me from getting this week's mailer out to you last night (I'm just glad I got THAT over with now, rather than next weekend!) and hope you all stay healthy too XD

Show Run List ~
Show begins promptly at 9 am, and we plan to have four rings going at once. If you are entering one of the early classes (such as the Collector's Class or Open Performance) you should arrive for 8:15 to give yourself time to set up; otherwise 8:30 is fine if it gives you enough time.

We will begin the day with Collector's Fun Class & Open Performance. Once the Collector's Class is pinned, Breyer RR & SR will commence. The other classes will follow as soon as the last class has been pinned (if your horse is in the first class, don't worry - you will have time to set up the next one, even if others are already setting up).

Planned Rings:
(might be altered depending on class sizes)

All Tables except performance table:
Fun Class – (Neena)

Table 1- larger (3 sections)
Breyer RR & SR – (Neena)

Table 2 – medium (2 sections)
OF Stone/Others (RR & FC) – (Tamara or Kaitlin)
Collectability – (Neena)
Custom by Novice (Workmanship) – (Neena)

Table 3 – large (3 sections)
Open Performance – (Tamara).
Novice Performance (Tamara or Angelica)

Table 4 – small ( 1section)
Artist Resin (Breed) – (Kaitlin)
Custom (Breed) – (Tamara or Kaitlin)
Custom (Workmanship) – (Tamara or Kaitlin)
OF Minis (Pebbles/LB & Smaller) – (Angelica or Lisa).

Loading in @ the Community Centre ~

I've attached a small map that outlines the area around Matty Eckler Community Centre, and illustrates the best place to load in & park. There is a small loading platform right off Gerrard St directly in front of the centre that fits one or two cars, or stop on Pape Ave while you load in. I will have a few carts available to help people load in quickly. After that, you will need to move your car over to the Mall parking for the day (the underground parking areas tend to be my favourites).

Out of courtesy, we request you do not park directly in front of the McDonalds, to leave space for the restaurant patrons.

The Show is in the Assembly Hall, which is located on the on the upper floor. The elevator is directly beyond the front doors, or go up the half-flight of stairs and we're directly to the right.

A Couple Last Notes ~
Seating will be assigned as you arrive; if you would like to sit with someone, please let me know ahead of time if you haven't already, so I can reserve tables together.
If there are any other food allergies, do let me know. I will be bringing in some munchies that morning to keep you going while you set up! It's a good idea to bring some snacks too, but do remember to keep nut-free.

People have also been chatting on facebook at the Toronto Live Show page, so if you haven't already you might want to check it out to see what other people are bringing to swap, or hoping to find at the show: https://www.facebook.com/groups/742007372506616/

And of course, if you have any questions about anything (directions, carpooling, phases of the moon, etc!) don't hesitate to ask! I hope to have a few sneak peeks later this week, and in the meantime, hope everyone's having fun preparing for the show!

See you all soon,
Neena ~

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e56/raventyde/Toronto%20Live/Map.png

VWK'sanEasyGoer
10-04-2014, 07:38 PM
I'm looking forwards to checking it out tomorrow. Thanks for the map Neena. :)

VWK'sanEasyGoer
10-05-2014, 02:30 PM
I made it for a short visit to the show this morning. Neena it was great! I wish I could have stayed longer. Lioness is BEAUTIFUL!! WOW! She's really nice in person. I also enjoyed talking with the few people I did, nice to chat face to face with collectors. I've never seen so many Breyers and other horses in one place except one other time in my life so that was cool. I think one of the best things for me was to see it wasn't very intimidating to be showing. I can see myself showing some horses and not freaking out. Maybe I'll be able to soon. Look forward to the next event. :)

Raventyde
10-05-2014, 07:58 PM
I'm so glad you could make it down, even for short visit!

I'm totally about to crash in bed, but I'll share this before I do:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xaf1/v/t1.0-9/10686999_10152461703917198_7523775390313786884_n.j pg?oh=ed39c98d206beb67aba1a941e9031d3b&oe=54B68D70&__gda__=1420539588_5d7a091aa69e14a2abe277ee7ef11db 2

Thank you again to everyone who made it downtown, I hope you all had a GREAT day!

Neena ~