PDA

View Full Version : Prairie Dream Studio Closing Down

Prairie Dream
08-03-2014, 01:02 PM
I posted this to my Yahoo group already but we all know how slow that is, so I'm re-posting here:

Hello Everyone! I've finally got some news for you this summer, some of it good and some of it bad :/ I'll start with the bad to get it over with.

I have decided to stop operations as a business and will be going hobby-only. Some of you may be aware that there have been some medical problems in my family and I've had to return to full-time work in the past year. This is going to be a permanent change for me and I will no longer have time to devote to model horses like I used to. I will be shutting down my Yahoo group and will no longer be taking commissions. This isn't something that I want to do, but I have to be realistic about it.

I still plan on painting but my output will be extremely limited, and anything I do sell (or if I do decide to take a commission) will be listed on MH$P or My Auction Barn. I also hope to keep my web site up as long as I can as a way to showcase my work, but will no longer be actively selling or trying to promote my work. I will also be focusing on minis only from now on as time (and finances) permit.

So the good news is that I have one final Traditional size piece that I recently finished, and I will be putting her on Auction Barn tonight. It is the Hazel resin sculpted by Morgen Kilbourn and painted to a bay tobiano. She makes a great performance horse and I think her pattern looks good on her, too :) I have pictures of her on my web site (http://prairiedreamstudio.com/detailpages/73hazel/73hazel.html) now so you can view her in advance of the auction. I have started her at a great price and shipping is included! I will post the link in the sales section when it goes live. PS -- this will be my first time using Auction Barn so there may be some little glitches, please bear with me!

I would like to thank all of you who have supported me with your kindness, encouragement and sales over the years, you all have no idea how much it means to me, and I wish circumstances were different but that's life. There are some really fantastic people in this hobby and I have really enjoyed working with all of you. I will continue painting when I have time and you might even see me at a show once in a while :) If I can work up the guts lol!

Carol Huddleston

dapple
08-03-2014, 01:06 PM
Sorry to hear you have to close down. The Hazel mare is gorgeous. Best of luck with the future!

camaro88lover
08-03-2014, 01:36 PM
This is so sad to me to hear :( I absolutely LOVE your work Carol. However, life does take precedence. I will certainly look forward to pieces by you and I will definitely cherish the two I have by you (the pinto Pixie, "Tang" and the appaloosa Hazel, "ES Rockette Butt" - I dunno if you know I bought her, but I own her now :hearts ).

tibbi
08-03-2014, 01:41 PM
This is sad news. I love your work. Hoping for the best.

HeatherB
08-03-2014, 07:09 PM
Sad news for me too, I have always loved your work :( I will always cherish my Turko by you, thank you again for making such a lovely piece. Best of luck to you!

msbrown2468
08-03-2014, 08:18 PM
sorry to hear! i always wanted another piece by you! i will never sell the sooty palomino Daffyd you painted! Love that guy!

BearsnBugs
08-03-2014, 10:13 PM
I love my pieces that you did. Most important thing is to take care of you - glad you will still be creating and hope that things do settle down for you in the near future. Wishing you the best.

MBPearls
08-03-2014, 10:30 PM
Many well wishes to you, hope to be able to acquire something by you in the future! :)

Nightmare
08-06-2014, 03:28 AM
Wait! I don't have anything by you yet. Wait ... oh please wait ....

Oh well, gotta do whatcha gotta do. Best wishes for a wonderful future :hugg :hugg :hugg

Prairie Dream
08-06-2014, 07:48 AM
Thanks everyone :)

Schnauzer
08-06-2014, 09:39 AM
I'm so sad that life is taking you down a road away from the hobby. You are a stellar artist and will be sorely missed. I hope whatever happens in the future, you can find some happiness in it.
Best wishes, Ann