PDA

View Full Version : Show for the Cure!

HockeyCheer
11-09-2014, 12:08 AM
Show for the Cure Live
A Cancer Benefit Show
23W521 Ardmore Av, Roselle, IL 60172

Hello!

In 2007 I held my first model horse show, Show for the Cure Live. The show raised nearly $3000, which I split and donated to two organizations dedicated to fighting cancer. In just eight years, we have raised close to $33,000 with the help of our wonderful donators. The show won the NAMHSA 2007, 2009, 2011 and 2012 Runner-Up Show of the Year (a prestigious award through the U.S). Our mission is to raise awareness of and funding for cancer research, and the model horse shows that we put on encourage the learning and knowledge of real horses and horse care. We accomplish this by holding our event once a year, and are looking to increase it.

I will be holding the show again on March 21, 2015 in Elk Grove, Illinois, with a revised class list and NAN qualification. We are recognizing breast and ovarian cancers, so wear pink/teal! Proceeds will be going respected foundations, such as the American Cancer Society, CureSearch, St. Judes, and the OCRF. The show is open to entries as well.

This year is especially important to me. My mother recently had surgery to remove an ovarian tumor the size of a basketball, weighing in at nearly ten pounds. She was very close to death had we not rushed her to the emergency room. She will be undergoing chemo to make sure no cells were left behind.

Your help with our event would go a long way to making our event successful. We would greatly appreciate a donation that can be used with our silent auction and or raffle. In return for your generosity; we will announce your company’s donation over the announcements, our website and internet groups, as well as in show packets, including contact information. Please feel free to include any business cards or flyers we can hand out. All money from the auction and raffle will go toward cancer research!

If you are interested and would like to help, your generosity will be greatly appreciated!

Thank you kindly for your time,

Jenna Murphy, hostess
www.showforthecure.com
showforthecure@gmail.com
847-347-8982