PDA

View Full Version : Should Seller Acknowledge Payments?

tllynne
11-17-2014, 07:47 PM
Hi All! I am currently making time payments on a model. I pay every 2 weeks and made the 2nd payment on Wednesday night. The seller has yet to acknowledge the payment. I sent her an email yesterday asking if she received it. I wouldn't be so worried except I had to send her several emails before she acknowledged my first payment.

My main worry is that my time payments go through the end of December, so I won't be protected by Paypal. Should I accept the fact that she doesn't bother to let me know she received my payments? She has no bad feedback on MHHR and 3 greens. So I'm not sure what to think. Any advice??

Brenda
11-17-2014, 08:24 PM
Personally, I'd prefer if the seller acknowledges receiving payments and if I had ever sold something, either time payments or straight off I would let the buyer know payment has been received. I seem to have a similar proble, as you when I buy something and end up having to email the seller to inquire if payment was received. One seller told me she'd received it two days prior and had already mailed out the item. Gee, thanks for the heads up.

Miss Twist
11-17-2014, 08:33 PM
Whenever I'd make a payment on a model, I'd send them an e-mail stating the amount I sent, the Paypal address sent from, and the Paypal Unique Transaction ID# and ask them to write me back letting me know they received the payment. Most of the time the seller would respond back letting me know they received it.

AS a seller, sometimes it takes me a day or two to respond to e-mails. So there's also the potential of RL delays.

Personally, I feel as though a seller should acknowledge all payments received as confirmation they were received. But that's my personal opinion as a buyer and seller.

Brenda
11-17-2014, 09:27 PM
A day or two, or even three days is fine. In certain circumstances a week could be accepted, but no contact at all is kind of hard to let slide.

artocyn
11-17-2014, 09:34 PM
Just my thoughts, but ANYTIME money is involved, communications between seller and buyer should be prompt. I'm not even that lenient with the "life happens" thing. Definitions of "life happens" can vary from person to person, and "life happens" can become an easy and lame excuse for some. Just my opinion.

tllynne
11-17-2014, 10:28 PM
Whenever I am selling, I always thank the buyer for their payment, whether it's a time payment or payment in full.

I just wonder if I can't get a hold of the seller when I send her money, how difficult will it be to get a hold of her when she's suppose to ship the horse? :dunno

tibbi
11-18-2014, 01:21 AM
As a seller I acknowledge payments and let the buyer know the current balance after the payment has been applied.

VWK'sanEasyGoer
11-18-2014, 02:29 AM
Just my thoughts, but ANYTIME money is involved, communications between seller and buyer should be prompt. I'm not even that lenient with the "life happens" thing. Definitions of "life happens" can vary from person to person, and "life happens" can become an easy and lame excuse for some. Just my opinion.

:yeahthat

mechanicaljen
11-18-2014, 05:27 AM
Whenever I am selling, I always thank the buyer for their payment, whether it's a time payment or payment in full.

Yep.

"Thank you for your payment of $100. Your updated balance is $350."