PDA

View Full Version : Night Heather is being MEGAFIED!

Kelly
11-20-2014, 09:16 AM
Hi all,

I just wanted to let you know that something excited has happened with my little Fell Pony sculpture; Night Heather.

I have had her laser scanned and will be megafying her, which means that she will be 3D printed as a LARGER scale (as opposed to minifying as is quite popular with model horses). This is only possible due to finding a company that could produce an extremely high resolution scan of such a small model (she is large SM scale, 5cm at the wither), as usually traditional scale models are scanned, not minis.

The laser scan data was sent to me and I put together a short clip showing it in full 360 degrees, you can see it here (don't forget to choose HD in the quality settings for the full effect!): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_ZoY6xPa0k&feature=youtu.be

The model will need more work; going from small to large means that any issues will be exaggerated and must be address and there will be lots more detail that I can add (whisker bumps etc). The scan shown in the movie is actually an earlier one, it is even better now! They have captured the fine details under her mane and tail now (notorious areas which are often lost), which gives me a head-start when it comes to preparing the larger model for production :)

I hope this news is exciting to you, I am so thrilled about making this move - this is combining my "day job" as a Creative Digital Artist/3D CAD Designer with my low-tech sculpting business. It is something I've been trying to set up for literally years, but have found it quite difficult to get into so is long-awaited and very exciting to me.

JulieB
11-20-2014, 09:28 AM
I am thrilled and hope I can get one in trad scale!!! She is so sweet.

Char
11-21-2014, 06:23 PM
She's definitely a charmer, if she will be nice and detailed I'll consider buying her for sure!

Jennifer
11-21-2014, 07:26 PM
I collect ponies but not minis, so this is exciting to me. She's a lovely sculpture. Can't wait to see her big! :)

Jasmin83
11-24-2014, 12:46 PM
Wow! Sounds fantastic! Good luck!

CelticCob
11-24-2014, 02:34 PM
This is so cool! I'd love to see her in Trad scale. :)

tibbi
11-24-2014, 05:39 PM
Very exciting. She is a lovely little girl and will make a lovely bigger girl.

Keren
11-24-2014, 09:50 PM
Well done Kelly! :)

Keren