PDA

View Full Version : MITS (Models In The Sunshine), May 9 and 10, 2015

jmoore
11-22-2014, 12:28 PM
Announcing MITS 2015! Come celebrate Mother's Day in sunny Florida! :rays

MITS 2015 will be held at the Leesburg Community Center, 109 E Dixie Ave in Leesburg, FL. Leesburg is about 45 minutes north of Orlando and an hour and a half southwest of Daytona Beach.

We have a great show hall with lots of natural light and tons of divisions: Divisions for OF Breyer, OF Stone, Limited Run OF Plastic, OF Breyer Mini, OF Stone Mini, CM Performance, OF Performance, 4 China divisions, CM, AR, CM Mini, AR Mini, collectibility and workmanship classes. Also Novice Performance classes. Something for everyone!

All of the information can be found on our website:
www.freewebs.com/mitsliveshow

Also, first call for judges! Feel free to contact me if you are interested in judging.

Hope to see you there!

Jackie Moore

Lynda Gillette
11-22-2014, 07:01 PM
Sounds like a great show, I'm going to try to come. I just moved to Vero Beach & Leesburg is only a little over 2 hours away, not bad!

BreyerBuyer415
11-22-2014, 07:25 PM
Sounds like a great show, I'm going to try to come. I just moved to Vero Beach & Leesburg is only a little over 2 hours away, not bad!

:yaymiller That would be great! I'd love to meet you. :) Also, welcome to Florida!

I am planning on being there as well! :woohoo

Lynda Gillette
11-22-2014, 07:43 PM
:yaymiller That would be great! I'd love to meet you. :) Also, welcome to Florida!

Thank you so much! I'd love to meet you too! :hello I'm very excited about this show!:yaymiller

grandecielostudio
11-23-2014, 01:08 AM
:woohoo

jmoore
11-23-2014, 06:25 AM

I hope you both can make it to the show! And Lynda, welcome to Florida!

Jackie Moore

Lynda Gillette
11-23-2014, 09:04 AM
I hope you both can make it to the show! And Lynda, welcome to Florida!

Jackie Moore

Thank you!

jmoore
12-04-2014, 06:16 AM
MITS is now NAMHSA approved! :woot

Hope to see you there!

Jackie Moore

jmoore
12-11-2014, 04:19 PM
Hello All!

Cindy and I have been in contact with a person who can provide lunch concessions for MITS 2015. She can offer a variety of lunch items [such as hamburgers, hot dogs, cold sandwiches (chicken, egg salad, roast beef), chips, drinks, cookies, brownies] for purchase there at the hall. I don't know prices at the moment, but this same person provides catered lunches at $8 a plate, so I imagine lunch would be in the $6 - $10 range, depending on what items you choose. Cindy will be back in touch with her some time next month and prices should be determined at that time.

We would like to try to get a head count of how many people will likely participate in the concessions there at the hall on each day of the show. So, if you sent in your entry already or are planning to enter, please email me privately and let me know if you would probably purchase lunch there at the show hall and how many guests you will have that will probably participate as well.

Thank you, and I hope everyone has a safe and happy holiday season!

Take care,

Jackie Moore

jackiemoore25@hotmail.com

Wolfbreyerhorse
12-12-2014, 06:46 AM
Dang it! Why do I have to live so far away:tantrum

jmoore
12-12-2014, 02:58 PM
Dang it! Why do I have to live so far away:tantrum

Come anyway and make a vacation out of it! Spend some time at the beach or at Disney. :surfing:surfing

dizzyriss
12-15-2014, 02:51 PM
:woohoo:woohoo:woohoo

jmoore
12-21-2014, 09:02 AM
Overall rosettes and plaques are ready......

jmoore
02-05-2015, 06:37 AM
Hello Everyone!

MITS is approximately 3 months away, so, naturally, there is an issue with the new venue. :)

Cindy and I have been notified of a scheduling conflict with the Leesburg Community Center. Because of this conflict, MITS will be changing locations to the Leesburg Recreational Complex at 1851 Griffin Rd, Leesburg FL.

The new location is only 2.5 miles from the Community Center and is actually a little closer to the hotels and restaurants. We will be having breakfast with coffee and donuts both days and lunch concessions. Because of the location move, the lunch concessions will be limited to cold sandwiches, chips, drinks and cookies as there is no cooking equipment at the new facility. This facility also does NOT have a refrigerator, but you are welcome to bring a cooler for your own drinks and food. There is a drink machine in the lobby and water fountains in the lobby and showhall.

The website has been updated with pictures of the new facility as well as all of the pertinent information. The new floor plan is also on the website and will be emailed to every paid entrant. Everyone should have a table in a similar location to the one they chose when they entered, but PLEASE let me know if you have any issues with where your table is or would like to be moved to a different table.

I am also still looking for an OF Mini judge, please email me if you are interested.

Thank you everyone!

Take care,
Jackie Moore

jmoore
02-12-2015, 11:31 AM
Hello Everyone!

This time I have some exciting news about MITS!

2015 Breyerfest Celebration Horse Simba du Pont de Tournay will be visiting MITS! Simba (2003 Ardennes Stallion) will be on hand during the lunch break on Saturday. Simba's owner, Joyce Concklin, will also have "Simba themed" items (such as T Shirts and totes) for sale during MITS both days. There are also plans in the works for some very special Simba silent auction items. All proceeds for these special items will go towards Simba's travel expenses to attend Breyerfest. You can be a part of helping Simba make the trip to KY and win some special items only available at MITS! Stay tuned for details!

Don't miss your opportunity to see this wonderful horse away from the madness of Breyerfest.

You can find out more information about Simba on the Clover Oaks Farm website here:

http://www.cloveroaksfarm.com/Ardennes.html

Hope to see you at the show!

Jackie Moore

BreyerBuyer415
02-12-2015, 06:36 PM
How exciting! :yaymiller I can't wait! :D

jmoore
02-18-2015, 05:54 PM
Hello All!

I have just received word that MITS has been selected to participate in the Breyer Live Show Benefit Program! One lucky entrant will win Breyer's Razzmatazz (photo courtesy of the Breyer website)!

Many thanks to Breyer for continuing this program!

You can find out more information about the program here:
http://www.breyerhorses.com/live_show_program

Hope to see you there!

Take care,
Jackie Moore

jmoore
04-02-2015, 04:59 AM
Hello everyone!

Well, I have had a few entries all at once. I am waiting for the entry fees for two people to arrive - once they arrive, Saturday will be officially sold out! If you had planned to enter, please let me know. I will keep a waiting list in case of cancellations. There is plenty of room on Sunday still, so no worries there.

Thank you everyone for entering! And see you soon!

Take care,
Jackie

jmoore
04-21-2015, 05:25 AM
Hello Everyone!

MITS is just under three weeks away and Breyer's Razzmatazz has arrived! Thank you so much to Breyer for the Live Show Benefit Program! One lucky paid entrant will receive this special model.

Also, don't forget we will have some special items up for silent auction on both days of MITS. These special items will be auctioned to benefit Breyerfest Celebration Horse Simba and help pay his travel expenses to Breyerfest. You can be a part of sending Simba to Breyerfest! Special items include one of Simba's shoes (one each day), a special portrait of Simba drawn and donated by Jane Tilton, and painted resins (to be announced at the show). Cash or checks will be preferred for these special items so we can give the money directly to Simba's owner (although PayPal can be arranged, if needed). So don't forget your checkbook!

See you all soon!

Take care,
Jackie Moore

jmoore
04-29-2015, 05:20 AM
Hello Everyone!

Are you bringing a guest to MITS who will likely get bored? :) MITS is seeking volunteers! I am looking for people willing to help us out with raffle ticket and T Shirt sales and/or starting the results during the show.

Please email me privately if you know someone who might be interested!

Thank you and see you soon!
Jackie Moore
jackiemoore25@hotmail.com

jmoore
05-01-2015, 02:21 PM
In case you haven't heard, 2015 Breyerfest Celebration Horse Simba du Pont de Tournay (2003 Ardennes stallion) will be coming to MITS (Models In The Sunshine) for a visit! We will have some special silent auction items and items for sale specifically to benefit Simba and help finance his trip to Breyerfest.

Among the silent auction items, we will have an original, hand drawn portrait by renowned Florida Artist Jane Tilton (http://www.blackhorseart.com/). It will be tastefully matted and framed to a size of 16 X 20. All ready to hang on your wall, this will make a great focal point in your Breyer Room next to the 2015 Breyerfest model of Simba.

This item will be up for silent auction on Saturday, May 9 until approximately 3 pm. We are accepting bids from people who are not attending the show as well as people who are only attending on Sunday. This is a "best offer" silent auction. If you are not attending the show or are only attending on Sunday, you can feel free to submit your bid to me. I will accept outside bids up until Friday, May 8 at 7 pm eastern. After this time, I cannot guarantee I will have time to be checking for emails. I will NOT be updating this ad with current bids. If you will not be attending the show and wish to bid, please get your bid in early! Shipping will be extra and payment will need to be received on Sunday, May 10 so that I can then pay Simba's owner.

Or - check out the MITS website! Maybe a friend of yours is attending who can bid and transport for you! www.freewebs.com/mitsliveshow

Good Luck!