PDA

View Full Version : Sneak Peek of Acquiesce - New Classic Scale Trail Horse Mare In Progress

ksmith5151
11-23-2014, 12:51 PM
Acquiesce (Ak-we-es) -
To consent or comply passively or without protest.

I would like to introduce a new horse I've been working on. Her name is Acquiesce and she's classic scale. She's an older trail horse mare that's been there, done that. Her head has that older mare personality with a little bit of a droopy lip. Other detail will be added when she's close to being ready for waste casting. There is still a lot of detail to sculpt but she's starting to look really nice. I'm hoping to have her ready for the production mold by January. Two versions of her are planned but I'm also thinking about a possible third version if there is enough interest. All versions will be tack friendly.

Version 1 will be a show type trail competition horse: Low set neck, forward ears, short banded mane and a long show tail. A trail bridge will be created and resin casted to as an accessory for this version.

Version 2 will be a recreational trail horse: The neck will be resculpted for a higher head set. The ears will be resculpted to be set more relaxed and the tail won't be as long. I've started a fallen tree log for this version. I only have the basic shape of it completed so far. The log will be very detailed when it's resin casted.

Version 3, if there is enough interest, will also be a recreational trail horse: The neck will remain low set but I'll resculpt the ears to be set differently and she'll have a long mane and a different sculpted tail than the second version.

Acquiesce is similar in size to the Breyer standing thoroughbred mold. With her low set neck she is 9.5" from her nose to the back of her left hind hock, and she is about 5.5" at the withers.

If you would like to watch her progress I have a web page set up for her here >
http://www.ksmithequinecreations.com/studio.htm

I'm also posting updates on my Facebook page >
https://www.facebook.com/ksmithequinecreations?ref=hl

Julia
11-23-2014, 03:38 PM
Ohhhh I really really like her! I'd absolutely be interested in version three.

hayfieldstables
11-23-2014, 05:38 PM
She's looking really nice so far! I love her name.

HorseOwner
11-23-2014, 07:01 PM
:bow

Sign me up for all three!!:yes

Chris Flint
11-25-2014, 05:26 PM
Looks great so far!

ksmith5151
12-18-2014, 01:11 PM
Thanks everyone! Here is a new sneak peek of Acquiesce. She's looking more amazing this week. Today I'm working on finishing her right front leg and then I'll get to move onto detailing her hind legs. Not long now until I get to waste cast her. I'm hoping to get to her resin right after Christmas. Right before waste casting her, I'm also going to work in more fine details on her head and other skin wrinkles where needed.

Please visit my Facebook page for news about her release >
https://www.facebook.com/ksmithequinecreations?ref=hl

I'm also resin casting a detailed fallen tree log that can be used for Traditional or Classic scale horses and two different sized trail horse bridges (traditional and classic scale).

gotrandy
12-21-2014, 01:03 AM
Kimberly, this horse is just looking better and better! I hope your waste mold goes smoothly! Oh, and Run Around Sue is on the roto-caster! We'll be getting those feisty girls out soon. I sure would love to see one painted in a dark dappled palomino...."Sue" needs to be a blond!
Hee!
Much love~
Deb

ksmith5151
12-21-2014, 09:24 PM
Thanks Deb! That's great news!