PDA

View Full Version : NEW Traditional trotting Akhal-Teke Stallion resin! (lots of IMG inside)

tigzz
12-03-2014, 05:26 PM
Hello Blabbers!
I'm posting this on behalf of my fellow collector/customizer/sculptor from Russia: Katya Elp.
She has recently sculpted, molded and started casting (all by herself!) her very first resin, and she asked me to help her with the announsment as she's not very confident with English :)
So, I am translating her announcment from russian here:

"
Here I present you my very first original sculpture cast in resin: Akhal-teke stallion named Jadakiss.
He is large traditional size.

Please read everything written below, this is very important!
This guy is also my first try in casting: not only the sculpting but the molding and casting are done by myself, so each piece is 100% handmade by me at home. That means castings MAY have MINOR flaws, that I will be FIXING MYSELF for each individual piece. Because of that processing every casting would take some time and therefore, the edition will be VERY limited: no more than 20-25 castings total.

The mold came out nicely, and the castings turn out to be good quality and will come with basic prepping done. This resin is solid cast and is quite heavy (1.6 kilograms each), legs and tail are reinforced with thick wire.

The model is being cast using Lasil Cast 2 resin which is durable but easy to prep or cut (if you decide to customize your piece).
Price is $140 for one piece, shipping is extra and will be calculated depending on your location. (should be around $20-30, but remember, this guy is quite heavy, so the quote may vary).
Time payments available ($10 extra for each two months of the TP).
I ship worldwide.

To order your copy of Jadakiss (or if you have any questions) – please e-mail me directly: rina-elp@yandex.ru
You can also visit my facebook page to see the process of Jadakiss being born step-by-step: https://www.facebook.com/katya.elp (http://vk.com/away.php?utf=1&to=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fkatya.elp)

Thank you for your interest, I look forward to hear any feedback and will be glad to answer any questions you have!
Katya Elp
"

Feel free to email Katya with any questions you have :) Any feedback is appreciated, I hope Katya will be able to join us on Blab soon!

Here are the photos of the first casting, you can also find the pics of the original sculpture on her FB page mentioned above.

http://cs621218.vk.me/v621218389/13aa/mA4dlu-ytU0.jpg
http://cs621218.vk.me/v621218389/13b3/WCRx3WWC_yU.jpg
http://cs621218.vk.me/v621218389/13bc/YylLMRDeqf8.jpg
http://cs621218.vk.me/v621218389/13c5/mt-YpAmEfMg.jpg
http://cs621218.vk.me/v621218389/13ce/ip-sfGMICbY.jpg
http://cs621218.vk.me/v621218389/13d7/fAfkCSNRC7s.jpg
http://cs621218.vk.me/v621218389/13f2/PhaiXhpk_1Q.jpg
http://cs621218.vk.me/v621218389/1404/OjzUk-6o-VU.jpg
http://cs621218.vk.me/v621218389/1428/f_xjCDtiTvY.jpg

airen
12-03-2014, 05:39 PM
Love the expression! Great piece!

Crywild
12-03-2014, 05:41 PM
Very nice, well done. Will you do a version with more of a mane at any point?

Julia
12-03-2014, 05:50 PM
oh my... I may have to email her.. he's lovely. Love that pose!!!

smushybanana
12-03-2014, 05:50 PM
I really like him. Is it possible to find any pictures of him in primer or with a different background so he is easier to see? White-on-white with epoxy makes it very hard to see his lovely details!

Ghost_Wolf_Ranch
12-03-2014, 06:00 PM
VERY pretty and so expressive!

tigzz
12-03-2014, 06:02 PM
Ooops, there's a typo, he actually weights 1.16 kg, not 1.6 :D

tigzz
12-03-2014, 06:05 PM
I will gladly transfer everyone's feedback to Katya! Thank you so much, she's really nervous as it's her first casting experience and she will be happy to hear your opinions! :)

I really like him. Is it possible to find any pictures of him in primer or with a different background so he is easier to see? White-on-white with epoxy makes it very hard to see his lovely details!
That's actually a good idea, I'll let her know :)

BreyerBuyer415
12-03-2014, 06:17 PM
:wow He's amazing! :adore

hayfieldstables
12-03-2014, 06:27 PM
He's gorgeous!

msbrown2468
12-03-2014, 06:40 PM
i really like him! depending what shipping to USA will cost, I would definitely consider ordering him!

FriesianFury
12-03-2014, 06:42 PM
I love how dramatic he is!!

Ironhorse
12-03-2014, 06:43 PM
:wow he is very cool!!!

Amanda
12-03-2014, 06:57 PM
I emailed her. This guy is fabulous! :adore

tibbi
12-03-2014, 07:06 PM
He is cool.

IeshaLover
12-03-2014, 07:55 PM
This guy is awesome, one of the nicest akhal-tekes I've seen! She did a great job!

Artress
12-03-2014, 08:07 PM
He is lovely! I would snatch him up so quick if I could.

PineRidgeStables
12-03-2014, 08:13 PM
He looks great! Definitely one of the best Akhal-Tekes I've seen.

ElreniaGreenleaf
12-03-2014, 08:26 PM
Ohhhh, he's NICE! I can just see him in a lovely metallic chestnut, or a dark bay with a star and snip...

I don't collect resins, but $140 seems like a steal for such a lovely piece!

edit: Just seen her Facebook page - she's only 19! :eek

RobinHoodFan
12-03-2014, 08:55 PM
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mayia04
12-03-2014, 08:56 PM
REALLY want to get one to CM... Yum. Excited to see what else this artist comes out with, hope she cotinues in the hobby, awesome work so far!

RobinHoodFan
12-03-2014, 09:03 PM
:hides I may have emailed

I hope shipping isn't too bad cuz I really can't afford much these days. Do you know when she'll start shipping? Does she have exp. with overseas shipping, will she have help?

VWK'sanEasyGoer
12-03-2014, 09:27 PM
WOW! He's so dramatic! Really love him. What a wonderful talent she has and I love the pose she chose. Great job. :)

Julia
12-03-2014, 09:28 PM
I can absolutely see this guy in a metallic buckskin... I emailed her too. Hopefully shipping isn't awful...

IeshaLover
12-04-2014, 01:56 AM
I may have e-mailed as well.... :lol

Alizarine
12-04-2014, 03:15 AM
Wow, stunning guy ! As an Akhal fan I'll have to mail her as soon as I have finished my other time payments !

RobinHoodFan
12-04-2014, 08:43 AM
Heard back and she said shipping should be about $25 but she doesn't know exactly. Anyone ever have something ship from Russia? Does that sound right? To me sounds like a great price so I'm just hoping that's what it is and It's not substancial when the time comes. I hate not knowing a final price before buying something....

RobinHoodFan
12-04-2014, 09:19 AM
Oh, she also said to hold a copy it's a $40 deposit. Just waiting to hear back on where I should send the deposit. I don't know what translator she's using so I tried to make sure my words translated well to Russian in Google to help a little bit with the language barrier. Her email was pretty clear and well written for not knowing english well :)

Julia
12-04-2014, 11:05 AM
Oh, she also said to hold a copy it's a $40 deposit. Just waiting to hear back on where I should send the deposit. I don't know what translator she's using so I tried to make sure my words translated well to Russian in Google to help a little bit with the language barrier. Her email was pretty clear and well written for not knowing english well :)

I second that - I emailed her last night and so far her communication has been relatively easy to understand. I was told roughly the same for shipping as well.. Never purchased anything from Russia though... Maybe the OP can help answer this?

RobinHoodFan
12-04-2014, 11:19 AM
Yea, I haven't purchased from there either. I always get a little nervous when purchasing from someone I've never heard of, especially if overseas but her terms and communication seems great so far and a blabber vouching for her to boot! I feel a little more comfy with that...it's just the final cost I"m a bit nervous about because I can't afford much right now so it would suck if the total changed dramatically when the time comes. USPS is expensive and I doubt we could ship the other way around for that great of a price which is why I"m a bit skeptical.... but again, I have NO experience buying from there or shipping from there to know. So I'm assuming/HOPING, Russia has a much more cost effective shipping system. :lol

So, just a general question....we (USA) don't have to pay extra customs fees for that on top right? I've mostly only ordered from the UK (maybe China or Taiwan small packet once?) and never had to pay any customs fees. Is there any instance where we would have to pay customs fees on our end?

grandecielostudio
12-04-2014, 01:03 PM
So, just a general question....we (USA) don't have to pay extra customs fees for that on top right? I've mostly only ordered from the UK (maybe China or Taiwan small packet once?) and never had to pay any customs fees. Is there any instance where we would have to pay customs fees on our end?

I've never had to pay any fees for receiving international shipments and I think I had one come from Russia a few years ago, and no fees. Delivered like everything else. I e-mailed her to order one, he is SO COOL! :clap

tigzz
12-04-2014, 01:05 PM
I am afraid I won't be able to help estimating shipping quotes from Russia... :uh My problem is - I have RECIEVED a lot of packeges when I was in Russia, but I think I hardly ever shipped anything outside, only once or twice and don't really remember how much I paid. :( Russian Post website doesn't help you at all: it's almost impossible to calculate quotes there.
I think Katya was going to visit the PO soon to find out the more exact price!

RobinHoodFan
12-04-2014, 01:18 PM
Ah well. Here's hoping it's the same general price range. Haven't heard back yet on where to send the deposit, but I'll be sending one none-the-less and hope when he's ready the total will be the expected amt. I swore no more big guys till I get at least one out but Teke's are my weakness and this guy is probably one of the best Teke's I've seen in the hobby by far! The only other one I go gaga over and would love to paint is a Kara Kush. But the pose on this guy is so cool too! Very unique!

OMG Now I see an angry unicorn :randommil

Julia
12-04-2014, 01:53 PM
I just got an email from her with finalizing total and where to send payment, same as the email in the original post. I absolutely cannot WAIT to get this guy paid off... Might even be able to do so in january. YAY for a dynamic new pose! :randommil

RobinHoodFan
12-04-2014, 01:59 PM
Eep! Still waiting on my email...tempted to just send the $40 now but I should probably wait to be sure I made it and that it's the correct spot :lol

Question, so if I put the $40 deposit and pay in full when ready to ship, will I be charged the $10 time pay thing? That's not time pay right? The only thing she said in her email was: "If you just'll buy this guy, you need to make at least Deposit of $ 40, that I might cast you a copy." I dont' know if this means it's a time pay though or it's literally just to reserve yoru copy (I took it as the latter but now that i think about it i hope it's not a time pay thing and it'll cost extra :dunno).

ETA: Speaking of Tekes just saw an Ekemen come up on MH$P and that's another great one I'd love to have :adore

Whitestones_uk
12-04-2014, 02:06 PM
What a wonderful sculpture, so fluid, full of life and character. :wow
I can't wait to see them all painted up :3drool
Wish I had some pennies to spend right now :(
This is one talented artist - I can't wait to see what she has coming up in the future :D

IeshaLover
12-04-2014, 02:08 PM
My guy should be here around Christmas time (that's my guess on shipping time. I've never bought from overseas before.)! I am super excited! I already have a color and markings picked out...yay!

Julia
12-04-2014, 02:15 PM
I would think it wouldn't be considered a time pay, especially if it's just a deposit to reserve your spot... When I got my email from her she calculated the additional cost because I did want the time pay, and gave me the estimated total, including shipping.

I swore no more big guys till I get at least one out
I do believe I saw you finished that fell foal, yes? SPOT TO FILL! :lol

RobinHoodFan
12-04-2014, 02:55 PM
I mean until another BIG guy is out :lol...I"m out of room on my shelves to the point where I had to store the Avatar commission downstairs :hides

Aww poo. Well I guess I"ll wait to see what she says in the email. I'd prefer not to pay until it's ready to ship but I want to be sure to reserve my spot. What I got from what she said in the context was that's how she was working the payments in general. Time pays would be separate from that? In other words, I thought $40 deposit and the rest PIF when he's ready to ship was the norm, otherwise time pays from that point incurr the charge :dunno

Landshark
12-04-2014, 03:16 PM
Love him! Wow!

RobinHoodFan
12-04-2014, 04:40 PM
Just heard back. I got an answer on the time pay thing but still didn't send me her paypal addy. Yea, it's considered a time pay and I think will cost $10 more to do it that way. I replied confirming that if I pay in full if it's the $10 less price just to be sure before I send anything. Sounds like it shouldn't take too long before she ships them out according to the email since it sounds like she's casting and cleaning to order :dunno I always get nervous sending it to an email I'm not sure is the right one. (I, for one, have a different email I use for paypal than emailing so I never want to assume).

Landshark
12-04-2014, 04:43 PM
Okay. Has anyone ordered one and had a definite dealing here? I hate to sound so untrustworthy. I do not know the caster and want to make sure before I send money ahead of time. Thanks a bunch. I really do like him. Maybe PM me if you don't want to post publicly and let me know where money is being sent?

grandecielostudio
12-04-2014, 05:17 PM
I've ordered one and she's been very responsive! I have her Paypal addy... but not sure if I should give it out if she's not ready? She said mine will be ready in 1-2 weeks for shipping and that she'd message me when he goes out.

RobinHoodFan
12-04-2014, 05:37 PM
I'm just about to send my payment now (got confirmation on the pricing and email :woohoo) and agreed, she has been communicating very well so far. Plus the OP knows her well it seems.

ETA: Payment has been sent! I definitely don't have the $$ for this right now but that's what credit cards are for :toothy I'll worry about that later :uh

NoLineFarm
12-04-2014, 05:42 PM
So different. Love him!

RobinHoodFan
12-04-2014, 05:48 PM
The big nerve wracking thing in my mind is the shipping during the hoiliday madness. I believe she said it was insured but what about tracking? I'd assume/hope it's got tracking yes? (I'm soooo newb at international buying/selling so sorry if these are all dumb questions).

Also, just got an email requesting my shipping address in a very odd order.....did you get this too?

RobinHoodFan
12-04-2014, 06:01 PM
Like this:

country
(city or state),
street,
the number of the house (or apartment),
postcode,
completely your name and surname.

Is that normal? Is this a translation thing that didn't go well? We definitely don't write it this way here so will that have trouble getting here written like that or is it just so she has the info to plug in somewhere?

Julia
12-04-2014, 06:22 PM
This is how she sent the request to me:

I need your address:
Country, city, and your index.

Later in our conversation the translator I think she was using translated whatever she was saying to this: The price of one carcass - 140.
I knew what she meant, but it did make me giggle a bit.

IeshaLover
12-04-2014, 06:27 PM
I've paid for mine and she has been great with communication. She said he will be shipped out in 1-2 weeks, and she will let me know and give me the tracking number for the parcel (I assume this means there is tracking). So far she has been great to work with. :)

She he also asked for my address in that format. I wasn't sure about the index, so I skipped it and asked. It was my zip code, which I sent shortly after payment. I did send my address how I'm used to writing it before payment when she asked for it.

RobinHoodFan
12-04-2014, 06:27 PM
It should be in Paypal already so I'm confused on how I should send the info back to her. I don't want to send it in that random order if it's a translation error and have the package undeliverable. How did you respond? Did you jsut write your address out normally? Or did you give it to her in a different order?

Should I just write it back normal and put next to each line what they are?

Daria, I think we (or at least I) need your help! :)

Inam
12-04-2014, 06:51 PM
:sigh I really want one but can't swing it right now :(

tigzz
12-04-2014, 07:49 PM
To everyone confused about address order: Just write your address the way you usually do, as in the end that's the usps who would be handling the package, not Russian Post :D

tigzz
12-04-2014, 08:00 PM
OR, she might be actually filling in some forms the Russian Post provides, so she will need to know what is what in your address...
Sorry about the confusion! :) I havn't used russian post for a while..

RobinHoodFan
12-04-2014, 08:52 PM
So how does sending it in normal fashion and writing out what each line is sound? Like this?

(Full Name) XYZ JKL
(House Number and Street) 123 ABC Street
(City, State and zip) DEFG, NY 45678
(Country) United States

tigzz
12-04-2014, 11:58 PM
So how does sending it in normal fashion and writing out what each line is sound? Like this?

(Full Name) XYZ JKL
(House Number and Street) 123 ABC Street
(City, State and zip) DEFG, NY 45678
(Country) United States

I think that actually can be the best option! :)

Alizarine
12-05-2014, 03:10 AM
I have yet to email her but does anyone know if it is a one mold run ? I won't be able to buy one until February and would not want to miss it.

Julia
12-05-2014, 06:16 AM
This will be a one mold run, she's doing everything herself at home, so she's limiting the run to a very low number - 20 or 25 I think the OP said?

Alizarine
12-05-2014, 06:43 AM
Alright, this is going to be tight then.

RobinHoodFan
12-05-2014, 08:39 AM
Alright, this is going to be tight then.
Done! :thumbsup Thanks :)

I think that actually can be the best option! :)

:yes The main reason I whipped out the credit card :gaah

Landshark
12-05-2014, 10:03 AM
Okay, I put one on hold. Guess she is having problems with paypal right now but she did get back to me right away.... and says she will contact me when she clears things up w paypal.

RobinHoodFan
12-05-2014, 11:49 AM
What's the paypal issue? Did you send payment via your bank account? Maybe it has to clear?
Although paypal these days has been very finicky and I too have had a bunch of issues sending money with their new design. Half the time it doesn't work so I just go back to the classic site to do that.

FriesianFury
12-05-2014, 03:03 PM
Oh I want one so bad, every time I come here and look it gets worse but I have money...well I do but it's being saved to pay for a lovely hospital bill. If anyone here wants one painted by me ill be more then happy to do a even trade which is a steal! One unpainted one for me and I paint one for you!

Amanda
12-05-2014, 03:08 PM
Okay, I put one on hold. Guess she is having problems with paypal right now but she did get back to me right away.... and says she will contact me when she clears things up w paypal.

YEah i got the same respone from her but I think I have on on hold :)

RobinHoodFan
12-05-2014, 03:51 PM
:yes The main reason I whipped out the credit card :gaah

Just realized I quoted the wrong post with this answer ^^...I MEANT to quote this post :lol

:sigh I really want one but can't swing it right now :(

Julia
12-05-2014, 05:23 PM
Oh I want one so bad, every time I come here and look it gets worse but I have money...well I do but it's being saved to pay for a lovely hospital bill. If anyone here wants one painted by me ill be more then happy to do a even trade which is a steal! One unpainted one for me and I paint one for you!

UGH! I can't afford it right this moment, buuuut in January I might if you're still looking... Cuz I might kill to have something painted by you. sorta-kinda-not-kidding :lol

Equus of Antiquity
12-05-2014, 06:57 PM
Cuz I might kill to have something painted by you. sorta-kinda-not-kidding :lol

:lol I need to have something painted by Sara in my collection. Her work is outstanding!

I received an email yesterday from Kayta and am waiting for a response regarding payment stuff. I hope the Paypal stuff gets straightened out soon. I am so excited about Jadakiss!

Landshark
12-05-2014, 11:36 PM
Why did she tell me one copy is $170? Just curious since the first post says $140?

IeshaLover
12-06-2014, 12:21 AM
Why did she tell me one copy is $170? Just curious since the first post says $140?

When she gave me my quote it was $180, and it included shipping. She might have already added in shipping. Just a thought. :)

Landshark
12-06-2014, 07:33 AM
When she gave me my quote it was $180, and it included shipping. She might have already added in shipping. Just a thought. :)

I hope so.. I gave her a CA addy to send it to a prepper.... should have cost more tho and not less than yours to MA.... oh well..... let's see if the paypal problem can be corrected!

RobinHoodFan
12-06-2014, 09:09 AM

$170 should be the price with shipping and insurance. That's what I paid in total. (It would have been $180 if I did the deposit due to the time pay charges)

IeshaLover
12-06-2014, 08:59 PM
I didn't do time payments, I paid in full. I figured shipping to MA from Russia was just really expensive (and it is!). :lol

Landshark
12-06-2014, 10:18 PM
Haven't heard back.... I hope this all works out!

HorseshoeFarms
12-06-2014, 10:34 PM
I saw her FB page.. :wow she is extremely talented!! I can't wait to see more resins and artwork from her! Wish I had the funds for this guy. I just LOVE his expression!! Can't wait to see in hand completed pics of Jadakiss.

Julia
12-09-2014, 10:02 AM
Has anyone heard anything from Katya in the last couple of days?

RobinHoodFan
12-09-2014, 10:09 AM
No, but I didn't expect to. I'm all paid up so the last reply I got was that it would take 2-3 weeks before shipping. So I'd expect to hear from her around Xmas time when she starts shipping.

Julia
12-09-2014, 10:36 AM
No, but I didn't expect to. I'm all paid up so the last reply I got was that it would take 2-3 weeks before shipping. So I'd expect to hear from her around Xmas time when she starts shipping.

Ah, you got your payment in before her paypal went wonky. I tried to send her the deposit and got an error that she was not accepting payments :(

RobinHoodFan
12-09-2014, 11:49 AM
PHew!!!

It could have been flagged because of all the payments coming in at once. (Maybe a new account or one that's not very active then a bunch of high dollar payments come in might have triggered something in PP) Hopefully it'll clear up soon for you guys! Keep us posted!

Julia
12-09-2014, 11:58 AM
Will do - if it's down for much longer I'll be able to pay in full... which would be pretty spectacular.

FourWindsFarm
12-09-2014, 02:48 PM
I bet it's due to money coming in-- when I opened up my handmade soap business and had money coming in regularly to an account that had been used infrequently, Paypal about went apoplectic and caused all sorts of hassle. They can also be picky about the use of a personal account if they think it's a business, and vice versa, especially if money is coming internationally.

Really like this model! Can't wait to see him painted!

FriesianFury
12-09-2014, 07:43 PM
OMG Now I see an angry unicorn :randommil
�� that is what I saw lol

I just shipped to Russia and the box was 4lbs and cost $70. To ship there :O

RobinHoodFan
12-09-2014, 08:25 PM
�� that is what I saw lol

I just shipped to Russia and the box was 4lbs and cost $70. To ship there :O

Yea I found the same when I was checking out prices...$30 is a steal! That's why I was nervous because I really couldn't afford for there to be a $40 difference--but she sent the total and it was $30 to ship so that makes me happy :)...it's probably just our mail system that's crazy expensive. :dunno

Sweet Defense
12-09-2014, 11:16 PM
I've got two coming, can't wait, I've been following this boy on FB for what seems like forever. As for customs, I've never had to pay for packages from Russia, but mine have been fairly small. Always a possibility, but he's inexpensive enough where I wouldn't care too much if I got dinged. I think she uses an actual translator, not a program, the English is too good.

grandecielostudio
12-10-2014, 10:04 AM
I am SO excited to get mine, he's just so gorgeous. I already have a color picked out. :3drool

Julia
12-10-2014, 10:08 AM
I am SO excited to get mine, he's just so gorgeous. I already have a color picked out. :3drool

Me too! This guy is just... :drool
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/8/83/Dagat-Geli.jpg/789px-Dagat-Geli.jpg (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/83/Dagat-Geli.jpg)

Enlighten us with your color choice! :D

grandecielostudio
12-10-2014, 10:27 AM
:grin :adore

http://www.allhorsebreeds.info/buckskin-akhal-teke.jpg

Julia
12-10-2014, 10:29 AM
How funny! That's one of the pictures I was considering too :)

You have good taste

ETA: Although this guy is a very very close second:
I have an affinity for dilutes :D

http://weirdanimalreport.com/sites/default/files/styles/large/public/akhal-teke.jpg?itok=s1R7hzK1

grandecielostudio
12-10-2014, 10:30 AM
I love this one too....

grandecielostudio
12-10-2014, 10:32 AM
How funny! That's one of the pictures I was considering too :)

You have good taste ;)

Great minds think alike! ;) I think I am going to go with the palomino, I think his face marking will look great on Jadakiss :)

Julia
12-10-2014, 10:34 AM
Lol - and I was seriously considering going with the Cremello... Ohh, if only i had a money tree I'd get two of this guy and do one of both. :lol

I agree, I think that paly's facial markings will look awesome on Jadakiss!

Now the question is - are there any artists out there who have successfully mimiced that metallicy sheen on a model? I need to go looking for pictures I suppose

RobinHoodFan
12-10-2014, 10:56 AM
I'm definitely seeing some sort of light dilute (would that be double dilute?) for this guy. That Cremello reference was the first to pop in my mond too!....but there's just SOO MANY CHOICES!!!

RobinHoodFan
12-10-2014, 11:03 AM
Lol - and I was seriously considering going with the Cremello... Ohh, if only i had a money tree I'd get two of this guy and do one of both. :lol

Now the question is - are there any artists out there who have successfully mimiced that metallicy sheen on a model? I need to go looking for pictures I suppose

I use metallics in like everything ..PEARLEX RULEZ!! :party :lol So I'm really excited to dump pearlex on this dude! :woohoo
I've got a nice sheen going on my Marwari (https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/1555304_762848810425673_6797274029568589641_n.jpg? oh=0e9c9de536f531274fe9d5db1e7aca42&oe=55180ED4&__gda__=1426287849_da53ae9a1d7801a575f7c25fd5486ab 8)at the moment but unfortunately thanks to a dullcote sputter, alot of it is being sabino'ed over :grump.

Jennifer Moore did a great job on her Kara Kush...total drool fest: http://www.immortalhorsestudio.com/gallery.html
I'm sure there are more artists but that's the one that comes to mind when I think sheen.

Julia
12-10-2014, 11:11 AM
:grabby @ your marwari. He'll still look awesome as a sabino! maybe even more so :yes

Someday Christina, I will own one of your peices! Someday...

That guy by jennifer is gorgeous too...

Do any of you every feel slightly overwhelmed by the number of awesome artists out there?

RobinHoodFan
12-10-2014, 11:22 AM
Too many to count!

tigzz
12-10-2014, 03:10 PM
I have some news from Katya! :)

She has just finished casting the first 15 copies (all of those are either on hold or has been paid for already). Those that are paid-off will start shipping by the end of next week when she finishes the basic prepping on them.
Seems like Katya should have already solved her PayPal issue and is ready to accept payments again :) But now she has ran out of resin so she will be able to start casting the next batch when she gets the material (it should be in stock in a week or two again, so no worries).
I will try to post any updates on the situation here :)

Here are some photos of the first batch! :grabby Please note, the prepping hasn't been started on those ones (only casting rods removed), so they're still rough and might be covered in resin dust in some places :D
http://cs7009.vk.me/c623929/v623929389/d105/rYANqlwA2xE.jpg
http://cs7009.vk.me/c623929/v623929389/d0fc/WaMWgvPpPIs.jpg
http://cs7009.vk.me/c623929/v623929389/d0f3/7Q7ZGILgegY.jpg
http://cs7009.vk.me/c623929/v623929389/d0d8/LgNoKuD-orE.jpg

PS: She also says the mold holds up really well! So she might be able to cast more that she has expected with this one :D

Julia
12-10-2014, 03:16 PM
:randommil :party

I absolutely LOVE seeing the "conga line" of blank resins... regardless of the actual resin, I just like the overall look of seeing them all lined up together.

I'll have to email her tonight to see if I can send the down payment.

RobinHoodFan
12-10-2014, 03:18 PM
:randommil :heyhey :randommil

OMG I need like 5 more!

RobinHoodFan
12-10-2014, 03:22 PM
Question...do you forsee or has anyone experienced any shipping issues due to Xmas being so close to shipment time? Never ordered overseas that close to xmas before...:uh I guess as long as there is tracking and insurance it should be fine yes?

grandecielostudio
12-10-2014, 03:22 PM
:woohoo

tigzz
12-10-2014, 03:29 PM
Question...do you forsee or has anyone experienced any shipping issues due to Xmas being so close to shipment time? Never ordered overseas that close to xmas before...:uh I guess as long as there is tracking and insurance it should be fine yes?

Not because of Christmas (in Russia Christmas is celebrated on January 7th) but because of the New Year - I'm afraid there might be a big shipping delay... You see, in Russia there are New Year holidays for like 10 days after the New Year, so everything, including post, works much much slower than usual (though russian mail IS usually slow, lol). Though if it gets out of Russia before the New Year - that shouldn't affect it.
Anyway, with tracking and insurance everything should be fine, just be prepared that shipping might take longer than usual :) I wouldn't expect the packages to arrive before the begining/mid January, even if they're shipped next week.

RobinHoodFan
12-10-2014, 03:32 PM
Thanks so much for the insight!!! Ship away then! Oh i'm totally fine with the time it takes in transit. It's when there's no tracking I get really nervous because you have no idea where the package is!

IeshaLover
12-10-2014, 09:35 PM
My cat deleted the first try at this post...so...

I'm really excited and cannot wait for him to come! I immediately thought a shaded black with blue eyes, and most likely a blaze with a pink nose and kiss spots (I think that's what they are not so technically called!). Here are my references.

I figured that the buckskin/cremello colors would be popular so I stuck with my idea to go black with blue eyes. A wee bit different, but still fun! Can't wait to see all these guys painted. :)

He reminds me of a war horse.

On another note, I used a duty calculator and through that found out that I won't have to pay anything to pick up the box. No taxes either.

RobinHoodFan
12-10-2014, 09:40 PM
GORGEOUS!!

I keep coming back to this thread to stare at the conga!!! :randommil

IeshaLover
12-10-2014, 09:56 PM
GORGEOUS!!

You and me both! :lol

Jocelyn
12-10-2014, 11:24 PM
This guy is haaaandsome. :adore

Julia
12-11-2014, 07:12 AM
GORGEOUS!!

meeee Too!!!

FourWindsFarm
12-11-2014, 10:11 AM
So cool.

tigzz
12-11-2014, 12:42 PM

I was actually thinking about pretty much the same colour for my copy! :D Though I'm a HUGE fan of buckskin tekes, but I already have planned two other teke models to have that colour... So I will probably stay with shaded/sunburnt black, I think it would look gorgeous on Jadakiss!

About a year ago I painted a CM teke using this mare as refrence: http://www.geliteke.com/index.php?page_id=9&id=1650
http://www.geliteke.com/uploads/h_photos/1650_1316270482.96.jpg

IeshaLover
12-11-2014, 01:23 PM
I was actually thinking about pretty much the same colour for my copy! :D Though I'm a HUGE fan of buckskin tekes, but I already have planned two other teke models to have that colour... So I will probably stay with shaded/sunburnt black, I think it would look gorgeous on Jadakiss!

About a year ago I painted a CM teke using this mare as refrence: http://www.geliteke.com/index.php?page_id=9&id=1650
http://www.geliteke.com/uploads/h_photos/1650_1316270482.96.jpg

Awesome! I think black is going to look great on him, and I'm super excited to give mine blue eyes -- I can't wait to see yours finished! I've even come up with a name for my guy. My mom and I went out the other night and she got a black russian. Since this is my first, well, anything from Russia and I am painting him black, I'm naming him "Black Russian". Sort of in honor of my mom, who hardly ever drinks, because it was a great time and she actually bought him for me for Christmas. :)

This is such a beautiful resin, and you all have such great ideas!

RobinHoodFan
12-11-2014, 01:29 PM
Heheh awesome! I forget, what's in a black russian again? I usually get white russians which is I believe milk, rum? and Kahlua.

FriesianFury
12-11-2014, 07:33 PM

I painted a mini once that was metallicy as his real ref :grin
http://friesianfury.weebly.com/uploads/7/1/0/7/7107594/3564803_orig.jpg

Sweet Defense
12-11-2014, 08:20 PM
Most over-metallize them (not Sara's), with the horse looking more metallic than the real ones do - their's are more of a sheen than metallic look.

Also, if you do the ones with white and blue eyes and not so much white on the head, this is splash, so make sure you check for leg markings, which are often missing in the photos. They can also be sabino, but there's much more facial white then in general, especially if it's associated with blue eyes. Tekes do weird things to colors at times, especially with sooty - they really show it strongly. OTOH, really dramatic greys are not that common. They're somewhere more towards tbs and Arabians in how they grey out, nowhere near as dramatic as, say, Orlovs, can be.

What's in a Black Russian? A whole lot of dog (sorry, couldn't resist): http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa255/Sweetdefensefr/Dogs/DSC_01100001.jpg (http://s203.photobucket.com/user/Sweetdefensefr/media/Dogs/DSC_01100001.jpg.html)

RobinHoodFan
12-11-2014, 09:03 PM
:lol

smushybanana
12-12-2014, 12:07 AM

Here is a Akhal Teke that I painted where I think the sheen turned out well. I used metallic underpainting. Not a great picture, but it shows the sheen pretty well and it's super hard to photograph. People have told me they saw him from across the showhall and had to come check him out up close.

Lynda Gillette
12-12-2014, 10:01 AM
He is nice! He'd be a great Nez Perce horse!

grandecielostudio
12-18-2014, 12:13 PM
Katya said she sent mine out today!! :woohoo :bananadance:dance :heyhey

RobinHoodFan
12-18-2014, 12:28 PM
:woohoo No word on mine yet....I think you orderd a little before me so it should be soon for me too!! caannnttt waaaiiitttt :randommil

IeshaLover
12-18-2014, 02:54 PM
My guy shipped out today! YAY! :woohoo

Julia
12-18-2014, 03:16 PM
:( Sadness. She's still having issues with her Paypal, so I still haven't been able to send payment. She did say that she'd have copies available in late January.

BaitandSwitch
12-18-2014, 03:47 PM
I've never cared for the AT breed but think it's awesome that both Breyer and resin artists are branching out to different breeds (how many stock horses and Arabians do we really need?) and the expression on this piece is lovely. I feel like once Breyer released their AT everyone's really embraced the breed and different ideas. Looking forward to seeing these guys in the different colors.

FourWindsFarm
12-19-2014, 12:41 PM
I'm not a Teke fan at all, but I really like this mold.

hayfieldstables
12-19-2014, 01:07 PM
I love the expression on this guys face! Wish he came in a mini size!

IeshaLover
12-19-2014, 01:44 PM
I love the expression on this guys face! Wish he came in a mini size!

If he came in mini I'd have a whole herd of them... :lol

RobinHoodFan
12-19-2014, 02:24 PM
If he came in mini I'd have a whole herd of them... :lol

:yeahthat

kcpkaptivating
12-19-2014, 03:11 PM
I would SO buy one if he was mini size!

Sweet Defense
12-21-2014, 12:39 AM
I've never cared for the AT breed but think it's awesome that both Breyer and resin artists are branching out to different breeds (how many stock horses and Arabians do we really need?) and the expression on this piece is lovely. I feel like once Breyer released their AT everyone's really embraced the breed and different ideas. Looking forward to seeing these guys in the different colors.

Nah, there were several resins long before Breyer even thought of doing a Teke (and he's not good as one). There was Khan, Kara Kush, the HA trad, Luka, Sonya Johnson's (think she was hers) mini, the AA mini, etc, etc. Breyer was late to the bandwagon.

And my two are on there way!

RobinHoodFan
12-21-2014, 09:06 AM
Aw man...still no email for me :sad Comeeeooonnn Teke! :dinner

ElreniaGreenleaf
12-22-2014, 12:16 PM
How is Akhal Teke actually pronounced again? I've heard 'teek' and 'tech-y' before and I've never been sure which is correct! XD

Misty Star Studios
12-22-2014, 12:27 PM
How is Akhal Teke actually pronounced again? I've heard 'teek' and 'tech-y' before and I've never been sure which is correct! XD

I say Ahk-Hal-Tech-y

Julia
12-22-2014, 12:39 PM
Hehe... I say it Ak -hal - Teek.

I'd be interested in knowing the currect pronunciation. *goes to google*

So - Wikipedia shows it being tech or Tech-e not teek at all. and per the handy dandy hovoring of the cursor over the breakdown, it's a short e, not a long one. Go figure.

Sweet Defense
12-22-2014, 12:55 PM
Correctly, the "k" in Akhal is silent so it's more like Ahal, with the emphasis on the second syllable, and it's Tekke, with the emphasis on the second syllable. The first part is much like Afghanistan, where in the country, the "g" is silent. However, in the US, it tends to be pronounced Akkal Tekke, emphasis on the first syllables, like we do with most words (in Middle Eastern languages, it appears that emphasis is more often placed on the second syllable).

RobinHoodFan
12-22-2014, 04:22 PM
I say Ahk-Hal-Tech-y

That's how I pronounce it too :) But I don't think it's right :lol

RobinHoodFan
12-24-2014, 11:37 AM
:heyhey :woohoo :heyhey

I got my shipping notice through Facebook from her! Weee!!!!! Excited!!!

Anyone have a link where I can track it? Is it just USPS?

Pyxsii
12-24-2014, 11:57 AM
I hope there are still copies. I tried emailing her a few days ago, but haven't heard back yet.

grandecielostudio
12-24-2014, 01:20 PM
:heyhey :woohoo :heyhey

I got my shipping notice through Facebook from her! Weee!!!!! Excited!!!

Anyone have a link where I can track it? Is it just USPS?

I tried USPS this morning and it works, though it's still being processed in Russia after a week :tantrum

IeshaLover
12-24-2014, 03:46 PM
I have been using the Russian Post tracker, I wasn't sure if USPS would work since it's still in Russia. I'll try USPS in a few days. Mine was still in Russia after a week, I checked last night. It cleared customs and the sorting center and is currently in St. Petersburg. It says its in an export station or something, so it should be on it's way to the US very soon.

RobinHoodFan
12-25-2014, 12:45 AM
I have been using the Russian Post tracker, I wasn't sure if USPS would work since it's still in Russia. I'll try USPS in a few days. Mine was still in Russia after a week, I checked last night. It cleared customs and the sorting center and is currently in St. Petersburg. It says its in an export station or something, so it should be on it's way to the US very soon.

Do you have a link to the Russian one?

IeshaLover
12-25-2014, 06:01 AM
Do you have a link to the Russian one?

This is the site I have been using. The tracking code that was e-mailed to you goes in the bar code, and then you just copy the little number in the code entry.

It doesn't give you an estimated delivery date, but it tells you where it is.

http://www.russianpost.ru/tracking20/English.htm

RobinHoodFan
12-25-2014, 10:40 AM
cool, thanks!

ETA: Can't seem to get it to work though :dunno

IeshaLover
12-25-2014, 11:11 AM
The tracking code goes in the first box, and then you just copy the little code they give you in the second box. I mixed them up the first time, maybe you did too?

Landshark
12-25-2014, 11:23 AM
I never heard from her since she was having problems with paypal..... not sure what to do.... oh well. Good luck, guys!

IeshaLover
12-25-2014, 11:59 AM
I never heard from her since she was having problems with paypal..... not sure what to do.... oh well. Good luck, guys!

She emailed me just the other day, so she is around. Maybe try sending her an e-mail asking about her PayPal and if the issues been resolved?

RobinHoodFan
12-25-2014, 01:08 PM
This is the site I have been using. The tracking code that was e-mailed to you goes in the bar code, and then you just copy the little number in the code entry.

It doesn't give you an estimated delivery date, but it tells you where it is.

http://www.russianpost.ru/tracking20/English.htm

OOOHHHH!!! I get it now! That's a Capcha at the bottom..I thought I was supposed to get another code or break up the tracking number somehow :lol

So far mine has left sorting center, arrived at intn'l office of exchange, and has been handed to customs today. :)

RobinHoodFan
12-25-2014, 01:11 PM

The message she sent me was through Facebook. Maybe check in there? I haven't gotten a regular email from her in awhile. She might be waiting until she gets the first batch out before sorting PP stuff out. The PP account may not let her send or receive payments until they see all of these orders are not "fraud" so it might not be until a few start getting delivered before she can do anything again with it ...but that's all just going by what I assume is wrong with the account.

msbrown2468
12-25-2014, 04:14 PM
she has been in contact with me. I ordered 2 copies but haven't been able to send money b/c of the paypal issues she is having. she assured me she will let me know when her account is up and running. Hoping it is soon!

RobinHoodFan
12-30-2014, 03:01 PM
He's in NY!!!!!!!!! :randommil

IeshaLover
12-30-2014, 03:27 PM
Wow, mine is still in Russia according to the tracking site and I ordered the first day this thread was put up and she shipped mine out a couple weeks ago with I think the first batch. Mine must be slow :lol Unless the tracking page is wrong.

RobinHoodFan
12-30-2014, 04:39 PM
It could be that yours mnight head to a different sort facility in the US to get to MA :dunno

I get this on USPS.com

December 30, 2014 , 8:46 am
Processed Through Sort Facility
ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS)

On the russian site it says this:

Handed to customs
30.12.2014 09:47

United States

IeshaLover
12-30-2014, 07:08 PM
Now I am a bit worried. There have been no updates on his tracking since December 23rd.

I was just in my local Post Office 2 days ago to pick something else up and had them look if he arrived and he didn't (I was just making sure! :D ).

Am I tracking the package wrong? Here are snap shots from the USPS and Russian Post sites, which I have been regularly checking.

I've never bought from over seas before. Is this normal to not have an update for a week?

Gilder
12-30-2014, 09:55 PM
This tie of year, it's not unusual to have long delays in updates for domestic mail, so I'm not surprised you've not seen anything new on a foreign package.

IeshaLover
12-30-2014, 10:01 PM
Oh, ok! I have my Tamiya paints coming around Friday, so I will check at the P.O. for him them too, even though they let me know when packages arrive...it never hurt to check. :)

BornReady
12-31-2014, 09:46 AM
This is a stunning sculpture. Beautiful as it is. Like ancient art. So much breed type.

MadHatterDA
12-31-2014, 10:33 AM
When I've had international packages come in the tracking stopped once it hit the U.S., sometimes it would update later an sometimes not till it got to my house. Lol mail is funny that way.

IeshaLover
12-31-2014, 10:37 AM
I'm hoping they just didn't update it and it's in the US and will show up sometime! That would be awesome! I'm really looking forward to getting this guy!

mechanicaljen
12-31-2014, 10:39 AM
This is seriously making me contemplate buying an unpainted resin....

alabama_sunshine
01-01-2015, 03:01 PM
LOVE the pose! Hope to see more beauties from you in the future. ;-)

riley95
01-02-2015, 05:34 PM
He is a stunner and very tempting...

RobinHoodFan
01-09-2015, 10:06 PM
Anyone have any news on their piece yet? Mine's still sitting "inbound Out of Customs" since the 30th :sad
Guess I got excited too soon...I figured since it was in my state it wouldn't be too much longer...I have no idea how international mail works :sigh

Landshark
01-09-2015, 11:42 PM
I never heard from her since she said her paypal was having problems..... so I guess I never ordered one and won't be getting one..... she never wrote me back or anything..... :uh

IeshaLover
01-10-2015, 10:46 AM
Mine still hasn't been updated by either USPS or the Russian Post since Dember 23, it's the exact same as the pictures I posted a bit ago (says it's still in Russian and departing a sorting facility). I have been checking both sites every day. 18 days with no update from the Post Office seems really long. The holiday season is over, has been for a few days now, so they shouldn't be all that slow anymore.

I just want the pretty pony! :)

Landshark, have you tried emailing her again and reminding her you want one and maybe try asking how her PayPal situation is going? She might have forgotten to email some people back. And because her casting is going so well, didn't she say she was going to make more, and that he wasnt going to be a very limited run? If so, you probably have a chance of getting one still.

RobinHoodFan
01-10-2015, 11:37 AM
I"m thankful mine seems to be IN the US but I even shipped something to the UK on the 5th and that has already entered the UK and went through the same NY sort facility my Teke appears to be sitting at. I'm just confused especially since it says it's cleared customs and is "inbound" :confused: Could be that they're big boxes so it takes longer to find space on the trucks for them? :dunno

IeshaLover
01-10-2015, 04:35 PM
That's a great thought, that there just isn't space atm. However, mine doesn't even say inbound, or that it even made it to the US. I'm just worried it got lost along the way. So long without a update makes ya wonder!

I live in Ma, and NY isn't too far away, so when yours arrives, please post a little somethin here. That way I can go to the PO and ask if there's anything I can do if mine doesn't show up in a week or two after. :)

RobinHoodFan
01-10-2015, 07:53 PM
Oh I definitely will! And to anyone else who gets theirs, please do post so we know if we should start asking the PO to look into it. I've never had anything sit in one spot for so long (let alone in the same state) before. But then again I've only ordered international a handful of times and mostly from the UK. Perhaps yours got caught up in the whole Russian New Year thing that Tigzz mentioned? Mine, I have no idea. Man, it's so hard to be patient!!!! :randommil I want to see this gorgeous beast!!!! :dinner

RobinHoodFan
01-13-2015, 09:36 AM
K just spoke to the PO I use and they said it could be 1 of 2 things. 1) it could be sitting at my local PO (which I called and checked but they said it's not) or 2) Out of customs doesn't necessarily mean it's out of customs. It could be waiting for extra security checks and screening and whatnot. Sometimes there's extra checks if the value wasn't on the slip or something or it could be a random check. Duno if that info is helpful to anyone else but just thought I'd update since I had more info. :)

FriesianFury
01-13-2015, 09:59 AM
When I mailed a horse to Russia it took a little over 30days and most of it was setting in customs or getting hand back and forth in customs. It's annoying to say the less

RobinHoodFan
01-13-2015, 10:14 AM
Thanks for the info Sara!

Landshark
01-19-2015, 10:30 PM
Mine still hasn't been updated by either USPS or the Russian Post since Dember 23, it's the exact same as the pictures I posted a bit ago (says it's still in Russian and departing a sorting facility). I have been checking both sites every day. 18 days with no update from the Post Office seems really long. The holiday season is over, has been for a few days now, so they shouldn't be all that slow anymore.

I just want the pretty pony! :)

Landshark, have you tried emailing her again and reminding her you want one and maybe try asking how her PayPal situation is going? She might have forgotten to email some people back. And because her casting is going so well, didn't she say she was going to make more, and that he wasnt going to be a very limited run? If so, you probably have a chance of getting one still.

Yeah, maybe I can email her again to see if she can send any others.... first I am going to wait and see how you guys do on getting yours tho. Thanks!

IeshaLover
01-19-2015, 11:43 PM
I was so excited to see this thread pop up again, I thought someone might have gotten theirs already! I'm trying to not think about Jadakiss, as mine still hasn't been updated since December 23rd. It says it's still in Russia. :dohNow that the holidays are really, really over, is it normal for the P.O. to not update a package for 27 days?

I hope we get ours soon so you can order yours. :)

RobinHoodFan
01-20-2015, 08:53 AM
:yeahthat Mine is also still sitting "inbount out of customs" in NY :sad

IeshaLover
01-20-2015, 12:54 PM
Ack! Sorry to hear yours hasn't moved yet either! Darn post office is really slow!

RobinHoodFan
01-20-2015, 01:10 PM
Anyone else have info on their package? I know alot more people ordered than just us two! :lol

IeshaLover
01-20-2015, 02:01 PM
I know someone on Instagram already relieved their weeks ago. I asked where she lived and she never said anything so she could live in Russia. Idk. I haven't seen any new threads or pictures either.

RobinHoodFan
01-20-2015, 03:38 PM
:gaah

IeshaLover
01-20-2015, 03:47 PM
Oh geez, I just noticed the typo/autocorrect in my post, sorry!

According to others (4 or 5 people) on Instagram, it took around 30 days to receive their package from Russia to the US. It's been in the mail system for 33 days so far, so I have high hopes that it shouldn't be too much longer.

The waiting is so hard! :randommill

RobinHoodFan
01-20-2015, 05:04 PM
:yes :yea Sarah said hers going to russia took about 30 days too. It's GOTTA be soon....GOTTA Otherwise I will go mad! :randommil

BornReady
02-07-2015, 07:40 AM
How did you ship your horse to Russia? USPS or UPS? Thanks:)

RobinHoodFan
02-07-2015, 09:04 AM
I'm going to assume it was USPS since UPS charges international folks crazy fees.

BornReady
02-07-2015, 09:24 AM
Thanks!

BornReady
02-07-2015, 09:47 AM
What have people who bought the new model paid for postage from Russia to the US?

IeshaLover
02-07-2015, 10:40 AM
I paid $40 for it to be shipped from her (Russia) to me in US (Massachusetts).

RobinHoodFan
02-07-2015, 01:49 PM
You sure it was $40? Wasn't the deposit $40? I seem to remember the shipping cost being $25 when broken out :dunno

IeshaLover
02-07-2015, 02:01 PM
Nope, I paid $180, in full.

Edit: I wish it was $25! :lol I figured since it was to the far side of the US it was more expensive. Did you skip insurance and tracking? I think I got insurance (I don't remember) and I definitely got tracking, though it hasn't worked since December 23rd.

Julia
02-07-2015, 02:39 PM
I just got an email from her - she's up-Ed the price to $200 which really sucks as I can't afford it right now

RobinHoodFan
02-07-2015, 04:05 PM
Nope, I paid $180, in full.

Edit: I wish it was $25! :lol I figured since it was to the far side of the US it was more expensive. Did you skip insurance and tracking? I think I got insurance (I don't remember) and I definitely got tracking, though it hasn't worked since December 23rd.

I think I paid the same total and she said it was insured with tracking :dunno Maybe she accidentally broke it out differently for you? I'm only a state under you so we're practically in the same area...

Speaking of which....I WANT MY TEKE!! :gaah This is starting to get frustrating :grump Still no peep on mine from USPS :sad

RobinHoodFan
02-07-2015, 04:05 PM
I just got an email from her - she's up-Ed the price to $200 which really sucks as I can't afford it right now
I'd wait anyway if I were you. Still havent received mine and it's been stuck in NY customs since Dec 30 :( IN fact, I don't know anyone in the US who's gotten theirs yet.

BornReady
02-07-2015, 05:00 PM
Have you seen the AT mare she's working on now? Beautiful.

RobinHoodFan
02-07-2015, 06:04 PM
I have! But after the length of time it's taking this one to get here, I don't know how I feel ordering from Russia again :\ Will have to see how this plays out first.

IeshaLover
02-07-2015, 06:12 PM
I have seen the mare, though I wish it didn't have Jadakiss' face, I hope she changes it a little bit (not an entirely new head, just modify the one on now). Otherwise to me, it's the same model. It's obviously not, but the face is always what makes models unique to me. I would love to see both ears forward on the mare and a softer face.

Jadakiss was $140, correct? I remember that being to total of just him (the model). And I paid $180 plus change total, so I would imagine the postage was $40 and change. Did she mean him to be $160 initially, and just add on the $20 from her mistake or something? Otherwise, the shipping really was $40.

I honestly don't mind the extra $20, if it gets him to my house rather than lost in the mail somewhere, I don't care. $180 is a lot for me personally to pay for a model, even thinking of him lost in the mail is scary! :lol

I'm truly a little bit sad he isn't here for my birthday, but as long as he gets here, I don't mind. :)

As a tiny side note: I have never seen the price of a model go up directly from sculptor/caster. I hope she didn't lose anything in their production. Does it really cost that much to cast them? I had no idea! And an extra $60 is no joke either. I couldn't have afforded him after the price jump, I'm really glad I bought him when I did. He is my favorite AT sculpted so far, and the only one I have seriously wanted. I'm happy she is sculpting him a girlfriend. :hearts

IeshaLover
02-07-2015, 06:21 PM
I have! But after the length of time it's taking this one to get here, I don't know how I feel ordering from Russia again :\ Will have to see how this plays out first.

My mom is not allowing me to purchase directly from Russia again, mainly because the Russian Post has such a bad reputation, and it does cost a bit. I don't have my own PayPal (even though I legally could, I'm just lazy...bad, I know) so what she says goes. I might just have to find the mare second hand already in the US if she is as pretty finished as she looks like she will be. If the mare was sent to a caster in the US, I bet she'd sell more copies and make more profit, no? Just a thought, though I really don't know how these things work so that idea could be totally stupid.

I hope the Russian Post makes some upgrades and improvements so that I can once again purchase directly from artists and sculptors! Their work is so wonderful.

RobinHoodFan
02-07-2015, 06:48 PM
I have seen the mare, though I wish it didn't have Jadakiss' face, I hope she changes it a little bit (not an entirely new head, just modify the one on now). Otherwise to me, it's the same model. It's obviously not, but the face is always what makes models unique to me. I would love to see both ears forward on the mare and a softer face.

Jadakiss was $140, correct? I remember that being to total of just him (the model). And I paid $180 plus change total, so I would imagine the postage was $40 and change. Did she mean him to be $160 initially, and just add on the $20 from her mistake or something? Otherwise, the shipping really was $40.

I honestly don't mind the extra $20, if it gets him to my house rather than lost in the mail somewhere, I don't care. $180 is a lot for me personally to pay for a model, even thinking of him lost in the mail is scary! :lol

I'm truly a little bit sad he isn't here for my birthday, but as long as he gets here, I don't mind. :)

As a tiny side note: I have never seen the price of a model go up directly from sculptor/caster. I hope she didn't lose anything in their production. Does it really cost that much to cast them? I had no idea! And an extra $60 is no joke either. I couldn't have afforded him after the price jump, I'm really glad I bought him when I did. He is my favorite AT sculpted so far, and the only one I have seriously wanted. I'm happy she is sculpting him a girlfriend. :hearts

Bold by me: :yes :yes

The original price is great for a trad model...not unheard of but very nice. I'd imagine the amount of work she's putting in to cast them and clean them up for shipment takes quite a bit. I have seen resins go up but only because of "presale" price discounts. This wasn't an actual presale per-say but if you think of it that way it makes more sense :) I'm sure she just realized that she may have underestimated the amount of work it takes to get them ready to ship.

IeshaLover
02-07-2015, 07:18 PM
I'm betting you are right. :)

The price was fantastic, who can go wrong on a traditional resin they really like for $140?

I'm hoping that the mare isn't too much more, as my budget is a bit strict and I'd love to give Jadakiss a friend!

CelticCob
02-08-2015, 05:22 AM
Hey, I don't mean to tease you guys but ... well no, I guess I do but here's a Jadakiss finished by Katya Elp herself. :)

I really hope he get's to you guys soon, every time I see an update here I check it because I want to see that he's arrived.

RobinHoodFan
02-08-2015, 10:01 AM
Way cool :) I'm not one for haired models but he looks great painted up! That face! :adore

IeshaLover
02-08-2015, 10:27 AM
He does look awesome, she did a wonderful job on that guy!

tigzz
02-08-2015, 06:50 PM
Wow, I didn't know she raised the price! :uh That doesn't sound fair at all.. :(

IeshaLover
02-08-2015, 06:58 PM
Where is the ad with his raised price? I found her Facebook post about him, and it still says $140. I also searched MH$P with no luck finding the old ad.

How do we know his price is $200 again? :lol

I do believe it, I just can't find it! :)

tigzz
02-08-2015, 07:16 PM
Where is the ad with his raised price? I found her Facebook post about him, and it still says $140. I also searched MH$P with no luck finding the old ad.

How do we know his price is $200 again? :lol

I do believe it, I just can't find it! :)

I have just contacted Katya to check, and yes, she confurmed that she's rising the price. I told her that's not the best idea to increase price in the middle of the run :/ She might concider to not chenge it, maybe...

IeshaLover
02-08-2015, 07:30 PM
Oh, it's by email that it was found out. Thanks!

In the original ad, only 20-25 were going to be made. Anyone know how many are left? If there are only a few, raising the price might not be fair to those last few buyers. She will definitely know to raise the price for her next sculpture though, to make sure all costs are covered. :)

I sincerely hope she didn't lose money in production costs, that would be unfortunate. I definitely want to see more of her work being sold in resin in the future!

DestrierModels
02-09-2015, 03:54 AM

Where could one see this mare? :)

RobinHoodFan
02-09-2015, 08:37 AM
Hmmmmmmm I"m trying to remember where I saw it now. I thought I saw it on MH$P but can't seem to find it now. I don't see it on her FB page either ::confused::

IeshaLover
02-09-2015, 12:55 PM
I have seen in progress pictures of her Teke mate on Katya Wlps Facebook page.

Julia
02-09-2015, 12:59 PM
With the raised price and the serious delay in shipping from the first wave of mailed resins, I don't think I will be getting this guy... Which is a real shame, I abosolutely love the stance he's in, and the attitude he gives off... But having the price jump $60 when she quoted me $140 originally in December... :sigh Not cool. She did offer to try and hold one for me, but I can't justify spending that kind of money right now, and I don't trust the shipping having read this thread. :(

Julia
02-09-2015, 01:16 PM
I should add - If she hadn't had an issue with her paypal, I would have been purchasing him along with you ladies. Honestly, the entire experience has left a sour taste in my mouth. It was thru no fault of my own that I couldn't pay her in December when I tried to. and yet now I have to pay the penalty.

Sorry for the sour grapes, just really disappointed is all. :sad

IeshaLover
02-09-2015, 01:43 PM
I'm really sorry you didn't get the chance to purchase him in December. To be honest, I feel that she should keep the price at $140 for the entire run. As mentioned, it's really not fair to the later buyers (you) having to pay more, though you literally weren't able to pay earlier due to the PayPal troubles.

It seems that she is losing a bit of business because of the slow shipping (not her fault) and the eventual raise in price for the last few copies. Whether it's for the production costs or labor costs, idk. I hope for her Teke mare, or any future pieces really, she sends them to a caster in the US. That is just my thought on it, as business would be better. Or so I think. They would ship/arrive to customers faster and the price wouldn't change. Also if people buy directly from the caster, there is less chance of PayPal issues. I'm no business major though!

I hope that a decently priced one, already in the US, finds its way to you in the future, Julia. :hugg

RobinHoodFan
02-09-2015, 01:54 PM
I should add - If she hadn't had an issue with her paypal, I would have been purchasing him along with you ladies. Honestly, the entire experience has left a sour taste in my mouth. It was thru no fault of my own that I couldn't pay her in December when I tried to. and yet now I have to pay the penalty.

Sorry for the sour grapes, just really disappointed is all. :sad
That's true, I didn't think of that. Yea it's totally not fair to those who inquired during the paypal issues. I can see why you're feeling that way. I'm just a bit sour because it's still not here yet (not her fault at all and no hard feelings toards her whatsoever from me right now...but this whole thing has put buying from russia in a new light for me--weather it's the russian post's fault or whatever...just what my experience with this has been thus far). I just hope I don't need to file an insurance claim. Thankfully paypal has extened to 180 days so there's still some time for USPS to get their act together and get him home before I need to do anything drastic!

IeshaLover
02-09-2015, 02:18 PM
That's true, I didn't think of that. Yea it's totally not fair to those who inquired during the paypal issues. I can see why you're feeling that way. I'm just a bit sour because it's still not here yet (not her fault at all and no hard feelings toards her whatsoever from me right now...but this whole thing has put buying from russia in a new light for me--weather it's the russian post's fault or whatever...just what my experience with this has been thus far). I just hope I don't need to file an insurance claim. Thankfully paypal has extened to 180 days so there's still some time for USPS to get their act together and get him home before I need to do anything drastic!

:yeahthat

Julia
02-09-2015, 02:51 PM
My first thought when she raised the price was that perhaps the cost of shipping was more than she was expecting and that was the cause. I never really thought about the cost of actual production.

I really really do like a lot of the stuff that comes out of Germany. Wasn't Rubin's sculptor from Russia? Sherry at Seunta cast it though, and I had absolutely no issues with getting him. It may be worthwhile to suggest to Katya having the actual casting done in the US, at least maybe in part, so it's more affordable to USA residents.

RHF I completely understand how you feel with the lack of an update from customs. Knowing that he was out there in the postal void would drive me batty!

BornReady
02-09-2015, 03:19 PM
On MH$P today, Katya offers the last 8 copies of Jadakiss priced at $150 with $40 shipping. Whatever the wait, I am thrilled to have one on his way. A run of 47.

http://www.modelhorsesalespages.com/view.asp?id=1139623

Julia
02-09-2015, 03:24 PM
Soo... He's still reasonably priced for the public.

Am I in the wrong for questioning pricing as much as I am? It really just does not strike me as fair/honest at all telling me one thing in Email, and then advertising for less. :dunno

BornReady
02-09-2015, 04:14 PM
Off topic, what does the PEPPER mean on my post? :))) I must have ticked a box, but I don't know what it means.

tory8009
02-09-2015, 07:51 PM
She promised to email me as soon as she got her payPal issue resolved, and also promised to hold two resins for me. This was back in December. I've emailed her, but she never responds.

msbrown2468
02-09-2015, 08:07 PM
i was able to pay yesterday for the 2 copies i had reserved the first day he was released…can't wait to get him!

tigzz
02-11-2015, 11:37 PM
Soo... He's still reasonably priced for the public.

Am I in the wrong for questioning pricing as much as I am? It really just does not strike me as fair/honest at all telling me one thing in Email, and then advertising for less. :dunno

I suggest you e-mailing her again and explain that you were inquiring about him earlier, when she had her paypal issue, she might mave just missed you out...

Katya Elp
02-14-2015, 09:43 AM
Hello dear fellow collectors and horse-lovers! I am happy to finally join your community and I will try to be active here and answer all your questions myself.

First of all, this is really my very FIRST try at sculpting a horse from scratch and my first experience at casing! I don't have professional casting equpment at home and everything I do is 100% handmade. That is why, as mentioned before, there might be some bubbles and minor flaws, so the castings might require a little more prepping that the ones you get from casting studious.
All the casting process takes place in my apartment, in a small provintial town called Luga. I have to order and pick up all the materials from the big city of St. Petersburg, it takes time and money to deliver everything to my place :)

I have casted 47 copies of Jadakiss in totall, including seconds. First half was done before the New Year, second half – after it.
As you know, I also had some issues with paypal, but I have it resolved and I hope Paypal will be working smoothly from now on!

Speaking of Russian Post service an delivery in general:
Our post works fine BUT it might take quite a while for a package to arrive. Don't forget that Russia is quite big and it is REALLY far from the States! It might take up to even a few months to arrive, and that is totally normal!
Unfortunately, by my mistake the forst 6 packages were send by ground mail instead of air mail, so that is why they are moving slowly that other's. I am really sorry about that! All the rest of the resins are being send by air-mail from now on, and should move much faster!

All packages I send out have insurance. The shipping to different countries varies from 2000 to 2800 russian rubles, I wasn't expecting it to be this hight so I had to raise my shipping quote.

I had to raise the price of the resin because all materials are getting more and more expensive every month due to the economical situation in Russia and USD/RussianRuble exchange course raising drastically. Next time, I will always keep my price fixed and be more thoughtful when setting the price tag in first place. I apologise for the inconvenience this had caused, but the economical situation here get's really unpredictable lately.

For those ones who had missed their copy of Jadakiss because of my PayPal issues I am offering a discounted seconds with a special price for you! I know that was totally my fault, so that's my way to say “sorry”.
I only have 3 copies of those, and if you're interested – please e-mail me!

PLEASE, DON'T WORRY AND DON'T PANIC! You can always contact me if you have ANY questions or if you're uncertain about anything! The best wa to contact me is my e-mail: rina-elp@yandex.ru (https://vk.com/write?email=rina-elp@yandex.ru)
Thank you so much for your interest and patience! And a huge thank you or those who has purchased this horse, I really hope you will love him, no matter how long it took for him to arrive to your place! :)

Thanks for the help my friend Daria Mayorova (nickname Tigzz) for help with the translation! ;-)

Katya

IeshaLover
02-14-2015, 10:47 AM
Glad to see you are on Blab! It makes sense that he would be coming so slowly now (due to ground mail), thanks for letting us know. :)

msbrown2468
02-14-2015, 10:56 AM
My two are on the way!!! Can't wait to see them!!!

RobinHoodFan
02-14-2015, 02:20 PM
Thanks for the wonderful reply and clarification on everything :)

Landshark
02-14-2015, 03:29 PM
I feel crappy. She never got back to me on anything! I know, I should contact her again, but that just stinks... for me..

I am happy for the rest of you but bummed is all.....!!!!! :(

IeshaLover
02-14-2015, 06:04 PM
Try emailing her again, maybe they weren't going through? At least if you buy now it might be cheaper and arrive faster. :) I'm sorry you're feel crappy about it. :hugg

Eleda
02-14-2015, 08:21 PM
Katya, if you are 19 years old, you are not only talented, but it also very professional and mature in the way you're handling this first experience. Taking on the entire process yourself, PLUS international shipping, would be a challenge to an experienced sculptor. Trying to do all this from Russia, with the turmoil happening there... well, that adds another whole layer of complication! I commend you for coming onto Blab to explain the challenges and how you're working to overcome them. I think we'll be getting to know the name Katya Elp in the collecting community!

Best of luck with your current and future projects,
Eleda

Landshark
02-14-2015, 11:08 PM
I could not get that email to work so I tried the original one we first had... hope that works! I have renewed hope now!!!!

RobinHoodFan
02-22-2015, 12:42 PM
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO http://www.mirabellproductions.com/smileys/cry.gif EVERYONE CHECK YOUR TRACKING....So I went to try and make the call to USPS today to find out more and when I plugged in the tracking to get everything ready for the call, this is what just came up....it now says it's being returned to sender due to incomplete address http://www.mirabellproductions.com/smileys/cry.gif I am thinking that the forms were not filled out properly :(. I double checked and my paypal address was correct as well as the address info I sent her. Plus my address is simple and very straight forward. I even ordered and sent a couple of international things (and LOTS of regular things) in that timeframe that have all gotten here and there so I have a feeling the paperwork wasn't filled out properly..or at least mine wasn't. http://www.mirabellproductions.com/smileys/cry.gif I am really upset about this now and literally on the brink of tears. To see this happen after all this waiting is just frustrating and makes it 10x more upsetting. I hope there's a way to intercept it and get it here but USPS is closed right now so there's no one I can talk to. Plus I don't even know if I can do anything on my end about it http://www.mirabellproductions.com/smileys/cry.gif

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8650/15994386203_ff2a2c4136_o.jpg

RobinHoodFan
02-23-2015, 09:42 AM
So, talked to USPS today. As expected they couldn't tell me more than what it says on the tracking info and couldn't help me at all. Katya will have to file an inquiry on her end since it got sent back and it's left the US now http://www.mirabellproductions.com/smileys/grump.gif I am SOOOO upset right now. I don't know how you guys get such helpful people on the phone but I always get the same thing...they cant' tell me more than whats on the tracking. I even asked if there was anyone or any department I could speak to that could tell me and help me get this package to me and they said that since it left the US now the sender has to file an inquiry and maybe find out more info on their end. THIS SUCKS!!!

I asked how long it might take to get back and she said about the same time it took to go this far about 10 days and I was like well this has been about 2 months!!...then she mumbled something about seeing how it can be frustrating but there was nothing they can do.

I also asked out of curiosity the time limit to file an insurance claim on an international package and she said within 90 days. So at least something useful came out of that convo.

So my hands are now tied and it's up to Katya to fix. http://www.mirabellproductions.com/smileys/sigh.gif http://www.mirabellproductions.com/smileys/sad.gif

Julia
02-23-2015, 10:37 AM
Oh how very disappointing Christina. :hugg I have continued to check this thread just for sheer moral support, and this makes my heart hurt for you.

I recall seeing somewhere that someone else had received a package (different seller entierly) from international after seeing the very same message on their tracking; that it was sent back to the sender. I hope Katya is able to help sort this out. :(

RobinHoodFan
02-23-2015, 10:48 AM
She said she'd just reship it but I really hope the second time goes better..I really don't want to have to go through this AGAIN! And who knows what state that horse is in now being in the system so long. I'd also fear of getting something completely busted up. :sad

Thankfully paypal changed to 180 days so that brings me to what, June before I need to file anything if it came down to it? I would think that should be enough time to get this whole thing resolved. :pray

onekindacowboy
02-23-2015, 11:50 AM
Call th PO again?

I know probably a long shot since you have rotten phone luck.

I am sorry you never get helpful people on the phone. I know these things happen as I am one of this people who always gets a traffic ticket no matter how pleasant I am to the officer...

RobinHoodFan
02-23-2015, 12:05 PM
:lol

Well I'm going to try talking to the postmaster again when I go ship some packages off and see if maybe she can help. I get such crazy anxiety talking over the phone and can never think straight.

Sweet Defense
02-26-2015, 06:20 PM
My two arrived today, and the box had clearly been opened by the PO. The note in there said that it had an undeliverable address but it was then sent to the Mail Recovery Center, where the PO opens it to find another address. Fortunately, my address was on the inside, but they didn't exactly pack them very well afterwards. Ironically the one left pretty much loose only has a crack in the tail, the one that was in the foam has a broken front leg, very easy fix. These are very heavy castings and quite rough but he is a lovely sculpt.

RobinHoodFan
02-26-2015, 06:49 PM
Ugghh..well I REALLY hope my address is inside too and will come to me. Although, did your tracking ever show that it got sent back or no? Or did it just say NJ and then got delivered? Maybe they weren't "smart enough" to look inside mine and sent it on it's merry way back to Katya :sad That would explain alot!
I don't understand how it cleared customs if the address wasn't right....doesnt' make any sense...

So now that you have them, WHY was the address insufficient on the outside?

Sweet Defense
02-26-2015, 06:53 PM
Mine was never sent back, just forwarded in NJ, so never left the country. I don't know what was wrong with the address, the PO put a new label on it. I'm amazed the PO did all of that to deliver it.

RobinHoodFan
02-26-2015, 06:56 PM
Ugh....:sad Who knows if mine even left the country..that's what they said when I called but they could have just been feeding me BS to get me to stop asking questions bout ways to get it intercepted...:sigh I'm really really sad about this.

RobinHoodFan
03-03-2015, 09:24 AM
Whelp...spoke to the postmaster again. She looked everything up and pretty much confirmed that it looks like it all got sent back. It has the last scan before it gets on the plane. http://www.mirabellproductions.com/smileys/sigh.gif So it's not lookin' like I can intercept it at all and it's now just a waiting game http://www.mirabellproductions.com/smileys/sad.gifhttp://www.mirabellproductions.com/smileys/cry.gif

BornReady
03-11-2015, 10:28 AM
My Jadakiss arrived on Monday. It was mailed on the 18th of February and the longest sit time was in US Customs. I was able to track it from when Katya mailed it, through each step of its journey. It went directly to the person who will prep it for painting and when it is complete, it will be stunning. It is a large sculpture and beautiful. Kudos to the Russian and US postal services! And thank you again, Katya! :)))

RobinHoodFan
03-11-2015, 11:10 AM
:sad Mine was shipped Dec 26th and still isn't here...apparently got sent back. Katya said she has opened up a claim a couple days ago and it could take 2 months to see any results of said claim :cry

RobinHoodFan
04-01-2015, 09:04 AM
Just wanted to post an update. There's been alot of back and forth about this on another forum if you want all the details ...but....just wanted to update here too real quick that I did receive my full refund from Katya today. While I'm super bummed about the whole thing, I do have to say Katya remained professional throughout the entire process and always responded to my PMs within 24 hours. I do really feel bad for her that this has happened to a bunch of packages and I wouldn't hesitate to order from her again but until the reason is figured out why our packages didn't make it, I'll be holding off ordering anything from Russia in the future. I do hope he eventually does show up, but as of now, mine is still in postal limbo. :(

ElreniaGreenleaf
04-01-2015, 10:22 AM
Urgh, what a shame! :(Fingers crossed you can somehow get your copy!

Julia
04-01-2015, 02:16 PM
Good news ladies!!! Katya has teamed up with seunta to hollow cast jadakiss in the USA!!! It'll be a small run, but we won't know anything else until jadakiss arrives at seunta for casting!! YAY Sherry and Katya!!

RobinHoodFan
04-01-2015, 03:09 PM
Good news ladies!!! Katya has teamed up with seunta to hollow cast jadakiss in the USA!!! It'll be a small run, but we won't know anything else until jadakiss arrives at seunta for casting!! YAY Sherry and Katya!!
Oh she acutally has decided? She mentioned that to me this morning but told me to keep it hush hush until she fully decided with more detail.

KyEquineCreations
04-01-2015, 05:04 PM
Oh so I finally have a chance to get one?? YAY!! :yaymiller

Julia
04-01-2015, 05:44 PM
She has indeed. Talked to Sherry about it before I posted. I'm forgot to ask Sherry how payments will be done. If it's thru seunta I'll be hugely relieved. I much prefer dealing with Sherry. Now that casting is in the USA I'll definitely be getting one.

tory8009
04-01-2015, 06:48 PM
My Jadakiss was shipped Feburary 13th. He has not arrived yet. I'm thinking he is lost out there somewhere. I'm sure glad to hear, he will be cast by Sherry, that gives us all hope.

Seunta
05-06-2015, 10:36 PM
The master copy made it to the USA. The first hollow cast resin copies of Jadakiss are done. I just posted 24 photos of one of the hollow cast models on Facebook.

RobinHoodFan
05-06-2015, 11:17 PM
The castings look great Sherry! So smooth!

FWIW checked my tracking the other day and it looks like my original package from Katya made it back to Russia on the 25th. So that copy is probably never going to make it here. At least it looks like she'll get him back so she wont be out too much! Hopefully she gets all the others back too and figures out what went wrong!

Katya Elp
05-07-2015, 04:51 PM
Hello everyone! I've got some interesting news for you!
I finally was able to find out why there was so much trouble with mailing. I'm now both super mad and shocked by how the Russian Post employees do their job!
So, this is what happened.
Right before I've started sending out Jadakiss copies I went to my post office to find out all the details and terms of mailing packages internationally. I was told I will need to fill in 3 blanks for each package, each one had a destination mailing address on it. I asked what should be written on a box itself and all 3 employees present replied that NOT to write ANYTHING on the box! I was quite surprised, and asked them few times again just to make sure, and their answer always was – not to write anything on the box. So I did like they told me – I filled all the blanks for each package, and left the boxes blank (I only made notes on the boxes for myself writing names of the buyers, just to know which goes where).
I just recently learned that signing the box itself is so crucial! Because of the Russian Post workers misleading me – all this mess with undelivered packages has happened. I am really sorry everything turned out the way it did, but I won't just shut my eyes to the whole situation and I will file a complaint against them.

RobinHoodFan
05-07-2015, 04:55 PM
Hello everyone! I've got some interesting news for you!
I finally was able to find out why there was so much trouble with mailing. I'm now both super mad and shocked by how the Russian Post employees do their job!
So, this is what happened.
Right before I've started sending out Jadakiss copies I went to my post office to find out all the details and terms of mailing packages internationally. I was told I will need to fill in 3 blanks for each package, each one had a destination mailing address on it. I asked what should be written on a box itself and all 3 employees present replied that NOT to write ANYTHING on the box! I was quite surprised, and asked them few times again just to make sure, and their answer always was – not to write anything on the box. So I did like they told me – I filled all the blanks for each package, and left the boxes blank (I only made notes on the boxes for myself writing names of the buyers, just to know which goes where).
I just recently learned that signing the box itself is so crucial! Because of the Russian Post workers misleading me – all this mess with undelivered packages has happened. I am really sorry everything turned out the way it did, but I won't just shut my eyes to the whole situation and I will file a complaint against them.
Oh man, that's terrible!!! I can't believe that! I'm glad you finally figured out what the issue is. Did you get any of the lost ones back in the mail yet? Mine looks like it's made it back to russia on Apr 25th so hopefully it at least gets back to you soon!

Here's hoping for better luck next sculpt! :)

Katya Elp
05-07-2015, 05:33 PM

Katya Elp
05-07-2015, 05:35 PM
Yes, I hope that all the copies that were not delivered to USA locations will eventually return to me.

RobinHoodFan
07-25-2015, 08:50 AM
Hey, can someone do me a huge favor and weigh your original, solid Jadakiss for me? I got the "brilliant' idea to hollow mine out to take off some weight but dummy me forgot to weigh him before I did that to see if it made any difference :\