PDA

View Full Version : NEW Horse Head Bust - Resin NAME Contest

ksmith5151
12-28-2014, 08:02 PM
This is a large traditional scale horse head bust that I'm finishing up. I have to finish attaching his left ear and nit pick on him a bit more before I mold and resin cast him. I sculpted a nail wall hang backing on the backside so that he can be hung on the wall. He can also be used for customizing anyway you wish. I'm going to resin cast 2 versions: No mane, and a medium or long length mane and forelock.

Breed: No particular breed but I think he (or she) learns towards a thoroughbred type head or maybe a few of the warmblood breeds. He also reminds me of a Missouri Fox Trotter I once knew many years ago. He was a 26 year old white Missouri Fox Trotter trail horse that I fell in love with when I was a teenager. I used to work at a trail riding barn when I was young. He was retired but still gave rides every now and then. He had big ears and I remember those ears flopped in rhythm with his head as we were going down the trail. Maybe unconsciously I had that loveable horse in mind when I sculpted this head. Oh gosh I miss those days.

This head doesn't have a large jowl or small ears typical of a Quarter Horse and his head is a little longer than the typical stock horse. His muzzle is medium thickness and he has large expressive eyes. To me, he reminds me of a big lovable 16 hand horse that has quite the personality, well mannered with age, and loved by many.

This head is very detailed! He has wrinkles on his lips, a hint of hair on his upper lip, facial veins, and expressive detailed eyes.

The head is 7 cm from the top of the poll to the edge of the upper lip. I'll be resin casting him in a couple weeks.

Resin Name Contest:
Please visit my facebook page to comment a name. I'm going to pick the name I like best or have a drawing of the top contending names that I like on New Years Day. To the person with the winning name, you'll get one free resin (shipping is on me), and you can pick which version of this horse head bust that you would like to have.
https://www.facebook.com/ksmithequinecreations?ref=hl

Misty Star Studios
12-28-2014, 09:27 PM
Is there a way to enter without Facebook? I don't have an account.

ksmith5151
12-28-2014, 09:51 PM
Well sure, I can check for name comments here too. :toothy

Misty Star Studios
12-28-2014, 10:00 PM
Great!

lifeishorsesarelove
12-28-2014, 10:04 PM
Done!

Misty Star Studios
12-29-2014, 08:10 PM
How about "Simple Elegance?" He's simple yet stunning. :)

Arabesque
12-29-2014, 09:15 PM
He is really cool! Because I have a sense of humor, my name suggestion is going to be "Heddy". :)

ALemon
12-29-2014, 10:08 PM
Levitz

Tait101
12-29-2014, 10:31 PM
He looks like a "Charisma" to me.

ksmith5151
01-01-2015, 12:27 AM
Happy New Year!

And the NAME Winner for the Horse Head Bust Naming Contest goes to....

Kaitlin Lewington for her name submission of Eli. There was quite a few names I really liked and my son Shaun just drew the name out of the bag as the New Year's Ball Dropped. I love the name! It's sounds sweet and simple. Message me please Kaitlin with your mailing address and which version of ...Eli you would like to have (no mane or mane version). I will be waste casting him this week, sculpting his mane and forelock and then start to make the production molds by the end of this week. Thank you everyone for submitting your name ideas!

lifeishorsesarelove
01-01-2015, 12:53 AM
EEEEE! YAY!

What an awesome start to my year!!!! Thank you!

Pming you!

shadow's storm
01-01-2015, 08:04 AM
Congratulation!