PDA

View Full Version : Ebay transaction issue

FourWindsFarm
01-07-2015, 11:07 AM
On Dec. 28, I purchased a model on ebay from a seller with over 1000 sales and all positive feedback. Later that day, I got a shipping notice for the model, priority 2-day shipping.

It hasn't arrived. Checking the tracking shows that aside from the initial shipping number, the model hasn't moved and doesn't have any further tracking information. Two messages through ebay and a direct message to the seller's email have not resulted in any sort of communication. I'm not in a hurry, but would be nice to hear something!

I'm actually worried something has happened to the seller... she has put up no more listings, no feedback, etc. How long should I wait?

LeeAnn
01-07-2015, 11:11 AM
Sounds like the post offices aren't scanning the package. Is it actually in transit or not scanned at all? Either way it's still weird that you don't have it yet - usually Priority does take forever for me but now that the holidays are over it shouldn't be so long. :dunno I would open a case as soon as you can, only because the seller isn't responding. I hope the model randomly turns up for you! :hugg

FourWindsFarm
01-07-2015, 11:23 AM
Hasn't been scanned at all-- just the notification that a shipping label was made.

LeeAnn
01-07-2015, 11:38 AM
I would wonder if the seller even dropped it off at the post office then. Maybe something is up with the seller and they can't get out to the post office?

sharonl
01-07-2015, 11:51 AM
Something similar happened to me recently, but I never even got a shipping notice. After two attempts to contact the seller, and getting no response, I decided to open a case. I never did hear anything from the seller, but the model appeared shortly after I opened the case. :yes If I were you, I'd definitely go ahead and take it to the next step.

VWK'sanEasyGoer
01-07-2015, 12:24 PM
One never knows what's happening on the sending end and if there's no communication then you need to look after your best interests. You'd be opening a case for a very legitimate reason.

Brenda
01-07-2015, 02:34 PM
I would suggest opening a case, just to cover your end. It's possible there's something strange with the tracking number or something. I used to mail a lot of pictures I'd taken of the whale trainers at Sea World California to the trainers because they enjoyed having pictures of themselves working with the whales. Anyway, one package I sent I put a tracking number on it so I was tracking it and it just stopped once it arrived in San Diego. Was never sent out for delivery. So I contacted the post office in San Diego about it and was told that sometimes the Sea World staff picks up the mail at the post office so it never gets scanned again. Strange, I know, but I guess that's how it works sometimes.

Mary
01-07-2015, 02:54 PM
One never knows what's happening on the sending end and if there's no communication then you need to look after your best interests. You'd be opening a case for a very legitimate reason.

Yeah this.

Statistically speaking, I can't think of anything a person can do 1,000 times and do perfectly every time. Or have a cooperative customer every. single. time. who will give only positives, no matter what happened that might be a wee bit less than perfectly perfect. How does an ebay seller get feedback like that?

FourWindsFarm
01-07-2015, 11:03 PM
She has 1037 sales and 100% positive feedback. If it hasn't appeared by tomorrow or I don't hear from her, i guess I'll have to open an inquiry.

It's odd- she usually has quite a few items for sale as I've bid on her items before. Nothing for sale right now, either. I really hope she's OK.

MustangGina
01-08-2015, 01:13 PM
Yeah this.

Statistically speaking, I can't think of anything a person can do 1,000 times and do perfectly every time. Or have a cooperative customer every. single. time. who will give only positives, no matter what happened that might be a wee bit less than perfectly perfect. How does an ebay seller get feedback like that?

I've got 1033 Feedback and 100% positive so far. Other than one person who said I sold something that was a fake and who shouldn't have been bidding on my auctions, I've had a really good run. I try to take care of issues if I am made aware of them. Ironically enough, almost all have been model horse transactions and we as a whole are kind of a nutty group! :haha

Definitely open a case! It may not be the seller's fault, but better safe....

Arabesque
01-08-2015, 01:35 PM

:agreed

It really sounds like the box hasn't even left the seller's hands. If the seller won't respond to your messages at least opening a dispute would probably get their attention and odds are considering their feedback, you'll get your horse.

FourWindsFarm
01-08-2015, 05:14 PM
:agreed

It really sounds like the box hasn't even left the seller's hands. If the seller won't respond to your messages at least opening a dispute would probably get their attention and odds are considering their feedback, you'll get your horse.

I've requested a shipping update. She has four days to respond, after which point I can open a dispute. So far I've heard nothing from her either through ebay or through her email address.

Arabesque
01-08-2015, 05:20 PM
Good idea! I hope you hear from her!

Shahbazin
01-08-2015, 06:14 PM
I had something like that happen a couple of months ago; I bought a collectible dragon figurine from someone with great feedback, who'd gotten a positive review only 3 days before my purchase - I got the notice that my offer was accepted, & a shipping label was made - then nothing. No further reviews on the seller's feedback, no response to my messages. I ended up opening a case & getting a refund since the item apparently was never actually shipped - like you said, I hope the seller was OK, but obviously something happened on their end for them to just disappear like that.

Jennifer Floyd

Mary
01-08-2015, 09:13 PM
.. Ironically enough, almost all have been model horse transactions and we as a whole are kind of a nutty group! :haha

Yeah see, that's my point ... :grintongue :D

Congrats on such a great record! All down to following through on the service, I see. :grin

FourWindsFarm
01-08-2015, 10:52 PM
Just got an email! All is well. Sounds like a teen was supposed to drop the boxes off at the post office, forgot to, and she found them in his vehicle today.... So anyway, it's got a new shipping label/tracking number and is going out tomorrow.

MustangGina
01-09-2015, 04:53 PM
Wow! Glad it all got worked out! Honestly though, with a teenager, I'd have hounded them to ensure it got done! :lol

Yeah see, that's my point ... :grintongue :D

Congrats on such a great record! All down to following through on the service, I see. :grin

Most definitely! I admit to not having the greatest eyesight and I am NOT a picky person so I have occasionally missed something. It's rare and when it's brought to my attention, I attempt to make it right. I'm selling off most of my collection and because I have enjoyed all of these horses while I had them, I'd like for their next owners to enjoy them too! Not have some memory of a bad transaction tied to them! That just sucks all the fun right out of it!

edited to add my post count is now 12345. I'm such a dork!